Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Legend
Legend
The one thing I *am* certain of is this: None of this is a problem until it's a problem between the guys in the locker room, and despite our local beat writers' best attempts at things, I don't believe that it is a problem with any of them.

While you can definitely make the argument that Baker should not have said what the said, by the same token you cannot deny that what he said is true. In the end, if it doesn't matter to those guys, then it doesn't matter AT ALL.

There is enough veteran leadership and maturity in there - and enough guys accustomed to how the media is - that I have little doubt that, at the least, Baker & Duke have talked and they are fine with things. I would be utterly shocked if there was any bad blood there, and in the end, if there isn't bad blood then none of it matters. It's just a silly blip in a really slow off-season.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
The one thing I *am* certain of is this: None of this is a problem until it's a problem between the guys in the locker room, and despite our local beat writers' best attempts at things, I don't believe that it is a problem with any of them.

While you can definitely make the argument that Baker should not have said what the said, by the same token you cannot deny that what he said is true. In the end, if it doesn't matter to those guys, then it doesn't matter AT ALL.

There is enough veteran leadership and maturity in there - and enough guys accustomed to how the media is - that I have little doubt that, at the least, Baker & Duke have talked and they are fine with things. I would be utterly shocked if there was any bad blood there, and in the end, if there isn't bad blood then none of it matters. It's just a silly blip in a really slow off-season.

May as well close the thread now - you've said it all. Bravo!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P
I agree in this instance it doesn't matter. But as with all things, they don't matter until the time comes that they do matter. My only hope is that as times goes on he learns from things like this. This isn't a big deal. But we don't know bout the next time, or the time after that.

There isn't a Browns fan among us that wants Baker to be a great franchise QB that leads us to multiple SB wins any more than I do. Not a single one. The last time the Browns won a Championship I was six years old.

I just don't want to see silly things become a distraction for this team moving forward. I was young once too in a land far, far away many moons ago.

wink

So it's not like I don't understand the folly of youth. Hell, I lived it! But I guess that makes me old school and maybe there isn't a lot of room left in our society to feel that maturity too is a sign of leadership.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Has anyone "confirmed" that the vets did not talk to Baker?

Has Baker called Silver a liar? Have the players said they never spoke to him?

Get real.

You win,, ,Dumbest and most condescending answer of the week.....

Dumbest? How so? Do you really think Baker would have kept silent if Silver "just made that story up?" When has he been silent about anything? He's always ripping someone.

I'm far from "dumb," Daman.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
You could be right. You could be wrong. We really don't know how it has affected the locker room. We have a pro like Landry saying the right things, but that doesn't mean it won't be a lingering issue. Doesn't mean it will, either.

I will tell you this..........I've been in more locker rooms than probably anyone on this board and I know those types of comments don't go over well.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:
Has anyone "confirmed" that the vets did not talk to Baker?

You should have stopped before you made that post. He's not running for SCOTUS...so no one has to prove that something DIDN'T happen. rolleyes

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Don't freaking tell me what to do.

Daman asked the same stupid question three freaking times about has anyone other than the author confirmed that the vets talked to Baker [or something like that.]

He asked it repeatedly because he was trying to insinuate that Silver was lying. I don't think he was lying. If he was, Mayfield would have spoken up. Other players may have, as well.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I don't think anyone cares right now vers .. it happened weeks ago .. there has been no reports of arguments .. hell raising .. threats .. the team seems fine. Why are we so worried about it in here ?

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
L
Legend
Legend
L
Is this still a thing?

Versatile did bring up a valid point... Bakers never denied it, and we know he would if it wasn't true.

Or, perhaps baker decided he'd said enough for awhile and they all circled the wagons and wanted to let it slide. I'd bet that some veteran players, and maybe even kitchens, 'cautioned' him. I'd be somewhat surprised if they didn't.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:
Bakers never denied it, and we know he would if it wasn't true.

Of course. I'm sure several of you are good friends with Baker.

L
Legend
Legend
L
I'm just talking about his MO, from previous incidents with the media.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Well, they aren't in the locker room right now. They have been off since OTA's. I haven't really been talking about it other than when someone makes a comment or asks a question such as "has anyone other than the reporter verified that the vets talked to Baker?" Dude asked that question three times. His message is clear. He is trying to get others to believe that Silver lied about it. I don't think that is fair and I will speak up when folks try to control the narrative.

I did respond to Purp and acknowledged he could be right. I also said he could be wrong. We just really don't know. I will say that I think Landry handled things marvelously.

The thread will be locked soon and perhaps then we can move on????

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Vets Talk to Baker

Link Copied to Clipboard