Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
Rather that than money continuously funded for wars in the Middle East by republicans and their military industrial complex.

Great, vote for stupid option #2 instead of stupider option #1... it's a glorious day.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Yea, money that will go right back into our economy is a stupid decision over money we will never get back in the Middle East.

Your comments in the other thread about debating are spot on, seeing as you’re proving right now that all you plan on making nasty comments all on your own.

You’re starting to remind me of BpG. The guy who claimed to be all about civility...then trashing comments made by other posters and insulting them while claiming there’s no more civility.

I gave you a decent response and you came back with this nonsense. Ok.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
Yea, money that will go right back into our economy is a stupid decision over money we will never get back in the Middle East.

Your comments in the other thread about debating are spot on, seeing as you’re proving right now that all you plan on making nasty comments all on your own.

You’re starting to remind me of BpG. The guy who claimed to be all about civility...then trashing comments made by other posters and insulting them while claiming there’s no more civility.

I gave you a decent response and you came back with this nonsense. Ok.

You know what, you are right.. perhaps part of the difference is that I DO NOT LIKE that I have started to resort to typical MB protocol... It is not who I have ever been and it's getting to me... I have railed against it for quite a long time, and yet, here I am, becoming that which I have despised.... I think I have just reached my tipping point with the BS.. So since I see little chance that the MB is going to change in any positive meaningful way, I guess I will...

Post 37,128

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Or, you can simply have a convo with me on said topic.

I already responded with “money that will go back into the economy vs wasted money in the Middle East”

And your response is....let’s go bro.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:
The Question is! As a Republican voter, what democrat is going to win my vote, and Why?

Well, which one is willing to write you the biggest check?

Are you eligible for black reparations? gay reparations? native American reparations? do you have student loans you'd rather not pay back? do you have credit card debt you'd rather not pay back? Do you work for minimum wage and would like a big raise?

Your vote is for sale, negotiate the best deal for yourself.
You know, I actually have to say - there is nothing actually wrong with that line of thinking. Everyone should vote for THEIR best interest. If the biggest issue for you is reparations, vote for who you believe will make that an issue. If you biggest issue is student loan debt and wanting "free" tuition, vote that way.

Agree or disagree, if everyone voted based on what most IMPORTANT to them, we might be in a better place.

P
Legend
Legend
P

You know what, you are right.. perhaps part of the difference is that I DO NOT LIKE that I have started to resort to typical MB protocol... It is not who I have ever been and it's getting to me... I have railed against it for quite a long time, and yet, here I am, becoming that which I have despised.... I think I have just reached my tipping point with the BS.. So since I see little chance that the MB is going to change in any positive meaningful way, I guess I will...

Now that you've joined the noise rather than actual discussion, does that mean you'll quit preaching to me about it?

Hey, at least I am willing to debate with those who are actually willing to do so. Looks like there's one less of those people here now.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Now that you've joined the noise rather than actual discussion, does that mean you'll quit preaching to me about it?

No, it means I will try to be better and hold myself to a higher standard.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Well, to hear Trump tell it, His supporters will not stand for him losing the election. So once he wins, they will move to have term limits of the President set aside and he'll be president until his death....

Oh please. I heard the same thing from the Republicans when Odummy was in office. Then I heard Hillary ask Trump if he would accept the outcome if he lost the election. Her and Al Gore didn't take their own advice.

The major difference is that you never heard Obama (not Odummy, he's smarter than trump will ever hope to be) say anything remotely like that. Trump has.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Punk ass middle school name calling is all they really have, so you have to let them have that. It's really all they can mentally manage.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/27/19 10:04 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
Love the immature labels you pin on opponents.

rofl

Unbelievable notallthere

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
This is not an attack or trolling.

Punk ass middle school name calling is all they really have, so you have to let them have that. It's really all they can mentally manage.

Never change OCD.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Sorry OCD, I know you and your ilk would never resort to name calling.

B
Legend
Legend
B
This is not an attack or trolling. I'd just seriously like to hear what everyone thinks (trumpians included) the future of the GOP will look like after Trump is gone. Some alt-right/far-right think there will be a Trump dynasty of the Presidency being handed down to Ivanka then Jr. Some conservatives think the party will return to the old norms. Some think the party will collapse or implode in the aftermath.

Personally I think there will be a long rule by the left that will be countered by a return to true center right conservatism without the religious and racist far right. I look for the far right and evangelicals to form two new subgroup republican parties like the libertarians. I don't think they will play a role in party leadership after Trump.

So tell me how you see it playing out, or what you fear or hope for in the next version of the GOP.

Your comment about Trumpians included tells me it isn't a honest question.

I'll pass.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
This is not an attack or trolling. I'd just seriously like to hear what everyone thinks (trumpians included) the future of the GOP will look like after Trump is gone. Some alt-right/far-right think there will be a Trump dynasty of the Presidency being handed down to Ivanka then Jr. Some conservatives think the party will return to the old norms. Some think the party will collapse or implode in the aftermath.

Personally I think there will be a long rule by the left that will be countered by a return to true center right conservatism without the religious and racist far right. I look for the far right and evangelicals to form two new subgroup republican parties like the libertarians. I don't think they will play a role in party leadership after Trump.

So tell me how you see it playing out, or what you fear or hope for in the next version of the GOP.

I'll pass.

Good call because it's such and obvious slight, so it must be a trap... rolleyes

I added 'trumpians included' because even though I detest y'all, I still consider you people and wanted to hear what you had to say. If you don't like that, simply don't respond, no need to feel like a victim. And it's no sweat off my berries either way. thumbsup

P
Legend
Legend
P
There would be no viable Republican party without the religious and far right followers and supporters. Their numbers would be so small they would hold zero power. Just like the Democrats wouldn't have any power if they didn't have the far left in their numbers.

As such both parties must cater to that part of their base to maintain power. So nothing will really ever change. The one thing that confuses me is how they can get the Christian right to uphold mass incarceration of children at the border.

That's certainly not a WWJD moment for them.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
There would be no viable Republican party without the religious and far right followers and supporters. Their numbers would be so small they would hold zero power. Just like the Democrats wouldn't have any power if they didn't have the far left in their numbers.

As such both parties must cater to that part of their base to maintain power. So nothing will really ever change. The one thing that confuses me is how they can get the Christian right to uphold mass incarceration of children at the border.

That's certainly not a WWJD moment for them.

We talking this Jesus:

Or this Jesus:

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

I'll pass.

Good call because it's such and obvious slight, so it must be a trap... rolleyes

I added 'trumpians included' because even though I detest y'all, I still consider you people and wanted to hear what you had to say. If you don't like that, simply don't respond, no need to feel like a victim. And it's no sweat off my berries either way. thumbsup

I didn't respond to your questions. I only told you why. I didn't want you to think I didn't read your comments.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Just something I thought I would share.

Spent the better part of yesterday with my die hard Trumpian family members, about 50 of them were at a gathering to celebrate my Aunt and Uncle's 60th anniversary. Although we didn't dwell on politics, me being the black sheep progressive liberal that they all know despises Trump, at least 15 of them went out of their way in casual chit-chat to mention they wouldn't vote for him in 2020. And only 2 of them told me how great they thought he has been.

Again, we steered clear of politics most of the day, but I found it telling anyway.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/30/19 09:26 AM.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
The one thing that confuses me is how they can get the Christian right to uphold mass incarceration of children at the border.

"We're willing to overlook a few little human rights atrocities for the chance to pack the courts. The ends justify the means."

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
Quote:
at least 15 of them went out of their way in casual chit-chat to mention they wouldn't vote for him in 2020.

Some people only needed one Trump U seminar to figure him out.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Just something I thought I would share.

Spent the better part of yesterday with my die hard Trumpian family members, about 50 of them were at a gathering to celebrate my Aunt and Uncle's 60th anniversary. Although we didn't dwell on politics, me being the black sheep progressive liberal that they all know despises Trump, at least 15 of them went out of their way in casual chit-chat to mention they wouldn't vote for him in 2020. And only 2 of them told me how great they thought he has been.

Again, we steered clear of politics most of the day, but I found it telling anyway.

I think all of them are dead set on voting form him.

I think they avoided talking to you....I would.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yet they didn't avoid talking to him. As a matter of fact, it wasn't him who even brought up the subject.

It seems you've forgotten about all of the people who simply thought Trump was in "campaign mode" and would be more presidential if he were elected. Some people were proven wrong. Some people were and are willing to admit that.

Some people want a president who isn't a total embarrassment every time he opens his mouth. Who sounds like a wannabe elementary school bully. Some people have a minimum standard for a president that Trump certainly doesn't meet.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
You're just a hater.... doing what haters do.
Please go away.

[/purple]

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Honest question about the GOP

Link Copied to Clipboard