Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. Mine has been gone for over 20 years now and I still miss him so very much to this very day.

Yep, me too.

Dad passed in 95, Mom in 97. So that's what, 25 and 23 years ago?

Just went to their marker in Florida 2-3 weeks back. I didn't make it last year.

Wiped off the stone, put some new silk flowers in the urn....the ones I placed 2 years ago still looked pretty good, so I felt better when I saw that. I don't want people to think nobody cares.

Gene and Nancy meant the world to me. I owe everything to them. Nancy always encouraged and wanted me to explore new bounds. Gene always demanded hard work. Hard work always pays at some point is what he told me. He also added that if it didn't, then it wasn't your fault. Well, I explored the bounds, and always worked hard, and it worked out.

Yeppers, I miss them a ton.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
yall making me choke up.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: JulesDawg
Happy Father’s Day to all the great fathers here!

It’s the first Father’s Day for me without my Dad. He died at the end of February. His birthday is later this week. I’m struggling with all of it. I miss him. I want to talk to him about everything that has happened since he left. Such a wise and compassionate man. His timing was probably just right though, as always.

So sorry to hear this. The first one's the worst,Jules.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
J
Legend
Legend
J
Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
This might sound weird, but I think some of you will get it.

I was kinda depressed yesterday because I was unable to spend Father's Day w/my children. We typically get together every Sunday anyway. Sunday is family day and they can bring their friends and extended families. But, Father's Day w/out my kids was making me a bit sad.

The crazy thing is that our two dogs were so affectionate yesterday. I mean.......they always are affectionate, but yesterday, they could sense I was depressed and they were all over me.

Some of us know that dogs have an innate ability to detect emotions and act upon that sense. I have to admit that they really made me feel better w/their generous licks and loving eyes. This may sound even weirder to some of you, but those dogs are family. It's funny because our two kids are a bit jealous of the dogs. They say stuff like "you never spoiled us like that." LOL..........The truth is we did and even more. We were just tougher on the kids, though. That is only because we were trying to make them responsible and accountable citizens.

Legend
Legend

This is the first time in maybe more than fifty years that I don't have a dog.

I told the story of Ghost in "Everything Else" when there was a dog thread. The move back to Atl. was six months ago. I miss Ghost in the worst way.

We have a young cat named Pudge. A first for me. He is a good pet. And I enjoy his company.

However, Pudge can not go hiking in the mountains. And cats are just different.

At 72 although healthy I don't want another dog. That of course is a lie. It is my rational side that says "it is time to give up on all that is required as a owner."

Ghost was perfect because I was not the owner. He just chose me to be his friend. And we were best friends. I just did not have all the responsibilities of ownership.

But here I sit with no dog friend. I have a great picture but that hardly fits.

We have to adjust in life and that is often not pleasant.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I bet that you would not regret getting a dog, bro.

Legend
Legend

Not an easy decision. Lot of factors.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Happy Father's Day!

Link Copied to Clipboard