Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn
I don't think any movie hit me as hard as Big Fish hit me. Great movie, and a great ending. Just one of those ones where the ending is amazing, but you will get hit right in the feels.

That's a great flick. A lot of excellent performances.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R

-The awe and sense of wonder always gets me on another emotional level. It really makes you contemplate humanity.

-On one hand, I get angry at McCandless every time I watch this, but I'm inspired through what he did try and do. I just wish he was smarter once reaching Alaska.

Click to reveal..

-Luke scarificing himself gets me a little, and I smile quite big as Rian Johnson broke the "rules" to Star Wars fandom.

-Robot love story. Specifically the "flying/dancing" scene.

-Anne Hathaway's performance of "I dreamed a dream".

Legend
Legend
I've only watched it once,, I'll never be able to watch it again.. can't take it.. Marley and Me.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
-On one hand, I get angry at McCandless every time I watch this, but I'm inspired through what he did try and do. I just wish he was smarter once reaching Alaska.

Right. It's a movie where you can see both sides. One side, it's great he took his own path but damn, that was the dumbest path one could take. He should have prepared his family. They could have at least given him advice to do this journey the right way (take a phone, get the right backwoods training, take a freaking map*, have a buddy check on you, commit to checking in with your family once every few months, etc.).

*When he tried to leave his campsite because he was running out of food, he went back the only way he knew, which had the river flooded. Had he had a map, he could have seen a bridge not too far from him camp to the north. He should never put himself in that situation.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The Wizard of Oz.

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
I know I am a little slow responding to this thread but I forgot about it until yesterday. I could list many "non-fiction films" that intend to appeal to your emotions so I wasn't going to bother, but working in the kitchen for a while I opened Neflix and found Miracle.

This one truly makes me emotional, probably because it was based on a team when we still had the Olympic spirit and before the professional dream teams. Born on the early 60s I remember the rivalry with the USSR in all things not just politics and being upset at 11 years old when we lost the gold medal in basketball.

Beating the USSR, who some of the team had been together for over 10 years was unbelievable. I saw a documentary from the USSR perspective and these guys trained constantly and their premier goalie said he did not see his family much.

I could still kick myself because I am pretty sure I did not watch the delayed broadcast that Friday night (started at 5 pm , televised at 8). It was my first year of college and had met my future wife only three months prior and I am sure we were together that night away from a television. I am sure had I watched it I would have been nuts because back then I would almost get an upset stomach before big Browns games.

The mood in the country was really bad, very little pride in the USA. We really needed shot in the arm and that game provided it. Herb Brooks, at least as was revealed in the movie was a master motivator. I loved how he held the team on the ice until they realized they played for the USA, not their colleges.

Legend
Legend
I actually just watched this again ... I love the scene where she sings Somewhere Over the Rainbow ... what a voice
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
The Wizard of Oz.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I actually just watched this again ... I love the scene where she sings Somewhere Over the Rainbow ... what a voice
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
The Wizard of Oz.

I watched a documentary regarding the making of this movie and believe it or not the studio wanted to cut this song because the run time was too long. Fortunately they were talked into allowing it.

Legend
Legend
I hadn’t realized that. I knew they originally thought she was too old for the part, but I’m glad it worked out as it did. Unfortunately, the movie messed her up (and Hollywood in general)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Movies that get you emotionally everytime you watch it

Link Copied to Clipboard