Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Swish
Yep.

Anyway, Diam is right. The season can’t start soon enough.

And I’m sorry fellow browns fans but we got players running their mouths too much right now for proving very little.

OBJ and his sour grapes is already getting old.

Is it them running off their mouths or US getting interviewed like never before, creating opportunities for shock jocks to get some ratings. ???

We never have been this relevant before, never since Modell moved us and we just were not in existence any more.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
It very well could be. It also could be a mixture of both.

At the end, as long as we make the playoffs, then all this noise during the off-season matters little.

I just don’t want mouths and hype to come crashing down on us. I’m just hoping this year it’s really different and we finally win for a change.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
Legend
V
Does anyone know how many other current NFL players publicly bashed the Jones pick? Or any other pick for that matter?

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Does anyone know how many other current NFL players publicly bashed the Jones pick? Or any other pick for that matter?

Except after he put it in to context and the complete quote was known, he didn't bash Jones.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Sorry, but you are wrong. The combination of the quotes made it seem worse than it was. However, if you just let the first quote stand alone........it was an insult.

But, you did not answer my question. How many other current players are bashing picks made by other teams?

The excuses you guys make are a joke.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Does anyone except you care????

V
Legend
Legend
V
That's it, keith. Make it about me.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Swish
It very well could be. It also could be a mixture of both.

At the end, as long as we make the playoffs, then all this noise during the off-season matters little.

I just don’t want mouths and hype to come crashing down on us. I’m just hoping this year it’s really different and we finally win for a change.

I don't post much, but I agree with you Swish. Far too much talking for a team that finished below 500. Not playing starters in preseason games? What are we a perpetual winner like the Patriots that know what we will get when the season starts? Not hardly! They are a talented collection of Ego's that have never played meaningful games together nor have they been under duress together...that which shows the true character of the team. We have proven nothing to this point to warrant ANY talk, about other players or teams.

Time will tell, but I am expecting a rough start to the season...then we will find out what they are made of.

My $0.02.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Once again we see how some people blame the answer a player gives on being asked a question.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
What has anyone on this team said that gives anyone the impression we are running our mouths?

I get that we are confident but no one is "running their mouth."

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I've spotted the agenda.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
One thing I agree with is that the team must win in order to diffuse the media scrutiny. It seems obvious to me that the media either by design or not is setting up the Browns to be skewered if they fall flat.

The few impolite things that may have been said here and there by Browns players are not that controversial, offensive or outrageous when compared to the history of brash quotes that have been uttered by players in the 100 years of the NFL.

Because the team has no recent foundation of success it lends to heightened concern by some. If we had even won the division a few time say in the past ten years we'd be just shrugging it off for what it is. Inconsequential.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I disagree that this is the media's fault. We have guys running their mouths. I don't see other players saying I was traded to this place to die or I can't believe they made that pick.

Baker and OBJ talk too much. I think Freddie does, too. If we win in a big way, that cockiness will be portrayed in a positive light. If we don't, the scrutiny will not be positive.

I just know I never hear things like this coming out of New England. And again, I never hear current players bashing teams for their draft choices.

Legend
Legend

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Once again we see how some people blame the answer a player gives on being asked a question.

Bingo!

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Come out of gate at 0-1 and you'll instantly hear, "Browns gonna Brown" and crap like that. 0-2 and Freddie will be struggling to keep the wheels on.

I'd like guys to say nothing except they're working hard as a team to improve this organization.

Last edited by 1oldMutt; 08/25/19 08:13 AM.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
Come out of gate at 0-1 and you'll instantly hear, "Browns gonna Brown" and crap like that. 0-2 and Freddie will be struggling to keep the wheels on.

I'd like guys to say nothing except they're working hard as a team to improve this organization.

Are you saying that 0-2 would be treated differently if they were choir boys? I seriously doubt that.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm saying regardless. Talking alot would be just gasoline on the fire.

R
Legend
Legend
R
0-2 would be disastrous not because of the record but because of who we would have lost to in game 2. Baker and Darnold are tied at the hip and will be compared from now until they retire. If Baker doesn't have the better career, it was the wrong pick.

Legend
Legend
Yea. Going 0-2 against the titans and jets would sound the panic alarm.

Especially because the next 6 games after that is gonna be a tough stretch.

Rams
Ravens
49ers
Seahawks
Patriots
Broncos

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
The Titans were 9 - 7 last year, losing to them would not be inconceivable. After watching the offense starters in preseason game 3, with or without Beckham/Landry/Chubb, losing to the Titans is not beyond the realm of possibility.

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Reading the last 4 posts...sounds like some are thinking realistically...this could happen!

But, when it comes to playing the games, thankfully for the Browns, they showed a defense against Tampa, that could keep the Browns competitive if the offense totally collapsed.

I do not expect the Offense to collapse...maybe a bit longer for the offense to gel, which happens to be the norm when most NFL offenses are overhauled, with new players, coaches and a playbook.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Behind Baker and OBJ, the Browns Are Ready to Become the NFL’s Next Big Thing

Link Copied to Clipboard