Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: mac
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Fools.

cfrs...Robinson is probably the best LT on the roster..that is how badly the Browns need to rebuild the OLine..primarily the OTs.

Maybe Robinson will come back and play better after being benched...we can only hope.

For Continuity's sake I think the Browns should commit to Robinson through the end of the 2021 season, unless somebody comes along, clearly better, and rips the job out from under him.

But it's not something the team should overly seek, the team should seek continuity.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
P
Legend
Legend
P
All you have to do is follow the money and look at the contract. For a starting LT, Robinson isn't making much money. His contract is a one year deal.

Those two factors tell you everything you need to know. He is a short term rental. For a starting LT, he is played low because it fits with his ability as a starting NFL LT. His contract is for a single season because this team does not see him as a long term solution beyond this season.

I'm sure he will be retained if a better player isn't signed or drafted. But when seeing what he's being paid and the short term of his contract it leaves little doubt that they are on the lookout for his replacement.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
A ton of reasons why contracts are how they are.

Could be that's the only way he would sign with the Browns in the first place is because he wouldn't be tied down long term and would be a free agent again in a short period.

Unless you were present at the negotiations of when Greg Robinson was signed and a part of his contract, you are just grasping at clues; and your post suggests the Browns had all the leverage,
then you took your grasped clues to justify some conclusion that you used to jump to what it says about the teams feelings about having him.

Nobody knows.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Only those who comprehend exactly what Robinson's abilities are and what his limitations are. Only those who fully understand just how low that salary is for a starting NFL LT. Only those who understand that if Robinson were better at his craft he could have gotten a long term deal at a much higher salary than he did here.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
This reminds me of the responsibilities for player development that rest on the team brass.

I'll hope again, the team will commit to Robinson through the end of the 2021/22 season, for continuities sake.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Sucktitude is not continuity. The objective of any team is to improve your talent at any and every position where the opportunity presents itself.

Roster turnover is a part of every team.

Continuity? If you want to see how continuity works, watch the Patriots. And it isn't dependent on the players at most positions. It's the QB and the HC. All other parts are interchangeable.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Sucktitude is not continuity.

rofl Somebody ought to use that for a signature.

unfortunately that's the only continuity we're familiar with.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
Sucktitude is not continuity.

rofl Somebody ought to use that for a signature.

unfortunately that's the only continuity we're familiar with.
yeah, sadly we’re back to our comfort zone now

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
What are the numbers for GR tonight? Dudes missed block after block costing us big plays. But hey, we don’t need to upgrade the line “they’re grrrrreatttttt”

P
Legend
Legend
P
Who has said we shouldn't upgrade the OL?

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Few people at the trade deadline. Said the Ol wasn't a problem and are one of best in the league. Don't play coy.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't remember anyone saying they were one of the best in the league. I do remember people saying they weren't as bad as some people made them out to be. I also remember people saying rather than give a first rounder and huge salary for a 31 year old LT it would be smarter to wait and draft one next year. I also remember people saying while he isn't a very good LT, that Robinson is by far the best LT on our roster. I actually agreed with the last two comments.

I'm not playing coy at all. I don't remember anyone claiming our OL was one of the best in the league.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E

It has to be a priority, while teams have been able to pay for a very good OG in FA hopefully we will do that. But you cannot get a very good OT from FA. Like Solder the Giants payed a fortune for him and he sucks.

We have to draft them OTs that is. It has to be a priority of ours.

jmho Oh Robinson was terrible yesterday, no penalties but instead he just let his guy go in. man our timing with Joe Thomas kills me. smh

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
P
Legend
Legend
P
I agree with you 100%.

We have been two of those who watch the OL very closely. It's a sad thing to say that Robinson is the best player on this team to man the LT position even though it's true.

But yeah it is never a good idea to give up huge assets in terms of draft picks and contacts $$$ for a LT. Many fans simply aren't aware of how rare it is to have the skill set to play that position. If a good one comes along on the FA market, the price is cost prohibitive.

The skill set to play the G position isn't as rare and as such you can sign a G worthy of starting for a much lesser investment.

That's why in general teams draft LT's. We certainly need one.

#gmstrong
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Greg Robinson may be benched

Link Copied to Clipboard