Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Legend
Legend
Randall handing his intercepted ball to Hue was all it took to make that trade worthwhile.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Randall's season has been weird. The concussion he said he didn't have was strange. The green hair. I believe he is making a play to get out so he can get big money.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Steubenvillian
Randall's season has been weird. The concussion he said he didn't have was strange. The green hair. I believe he is making a play to get out so he can get big money.
I believe there is more to this Randall Story than people think. Something is going one between him and the team - and I am not certain if he is the one that is wrong anymore. JMO

O
Legend
Legend
O
I remember people saying he was an odd bird when he got here. I don't think the situation is really anything more than that.

I absolutely think Randall would've helped in the Pitt game. A 3rd string QB was able to hit on long throws to his backup-caliber WRs. Randall is better than Redwine (and I'll be upfront, I don't put much weight behind Redwine being our highest rated defender... that just tells me that everyone pretty much sucked). Put those two things together, and I think Randall would've helped if he were out there. And before you say it, I'm not necessarily blaming Kitchens for Randall not being out there. Rumors around the 'whys' may or may not be true. If they're true, then I blame Randall.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I remember people saying he was an odd bird when he got here. I don't think the situation is really anything more than that.

I absolutely think Randall would've helped in the Pitt game. A 3rd string QB was able to hit on long throws to his backup-caliber WRs. Randall is better than Redwine (and I'll be upfront, I don't put much weight behind Redwine being our highest rated defender... that just tells me that everyone pretty much sucked). Put those two things together, and I think Randall would've helped if he were out there. And before you say it, I'm not necessarily blaming Kitchens for Randall not being out there. Rumors around the 'whys' may or may not be true. If they're true, then I blame Randall.

I agree with your statement ... the more ammo you can bring to the fight the better, but my point in my previous post was ... that imo it would not have altered the outcome of the game.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Quote:
safety Damarious Randall on whether situation in which he was benched/didn't make trip to Pittsburgh affects his opinion on future w/ team: "No."

They should ask him if he even wants to return and does he even want to be here now. If he doesn't want to return, then it definitely wouldn't affect his opinion, would it?

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Here's video of the Randall meeting with the press....

Legend
Legend
the Packers were willing to trade him for Kizer after drafting him pretty high.. that shows how much THEY thought of him...

If it's about the money, I don't know what he wants but if it's above average for a safety, it's probably not worth it. I mean, he's not horrible, certainly brings more value to a team than does Kizer... but he's not good enough to demand major money or to put up with his BS..

If it's about the cold, that speaks to what a lot of us have been saying for a while now.. this team is mentally soft. This is where veteran leadership needs to step in and I'm not sure who that person is for the Browns.. Schobert?

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
My point was actually that while he's been here he has been a much better asset than Kizer would have been. Even a short term rental that doesn't suck was better than keeping Kizer holding a clip board.

IMO Kizer would have been cut. We got something for nothing. I'll take that every time.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
My point was actually that while he's been here he has been a much better asset than Kizer would have been. Even a short term rental that doesn't suck was better than keeping Kizer holding a clip board.

IMO Kizer would have been cut. We got something for nothing. I'll take that every time.

Exactly. It's why I can agree with people that don't see him on our roster for much longer, but then immediately start arguing when people question why he was brought here.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

Oh, I agree with that, but I'm sure when we traded for him, the intention was not for it to be a one year rental. But he's making top 10 safety money this year IIRC.. and he's not worth that even when playing and not whining... so I'm not sure what he's asking for but I would imagine it's more than most teams are going to be willing to spend. Especially the Browns, we have several, much more valuable, pieces that are going to want to be paid in the next couple years so to overpay an average producing safety is probably not in the plans.

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Randall isn't making anywhere near top 10 money. His contract was for 4 years for a total of $7,915,734 so his average yearly salary is $1,978,934 He's not even sniffing top 50 money for a safety.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 13 Steelers 20 Damarious Randall Out: Coach's Decision

Link Copied to Clipboard