Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Police are not there to protect you anyways. They are there to clean up the mess after a crime occurs.

There are not enough police period to protect people. Too few police vs too many places of vital interest. It's NOT the police officer's fault either so don't think I am hating on cops.

The only way you could have such a small police force protect people is to section off areas of town and funnel people through check points. That would slow things down way too much so people will never put up with it.

Therefore just deal with protecting your family as it being your sole responsibility and a call to the cops as potential back up that may or may not come in time to actually help.

Cops will do the best they can but they can't be everywhere at once and even when they show up they are so over regulated these days that there hands are tied unless a crime is happening or already took place. Either way your dead just waiting on someone else to protect you.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Three fired over Nazi salute photo with West Virginia corrections employees

More than 30 others have been suspended without pay as officials investigate the photo that appears to show trainees making a Nazi salute in uniform.

photo of Basic Training Class 18. Those in it, whose faces are blurred in a copy of the photo provided by the Department of Military Affairs and Public Safety, are seen making the salute under a sign that reads "Hail Byrd."

An agency spokesman said that was a reference to the trainees' instructor, and that the photo was made at Glenville State College, according to the Associated Press.

Gov. Jim Justice this week ordered the termination of any state employees found to be involved in the photo.

"This will not be tolerated on my watch — within the Division of Corrections and Rehabilitation — or within any agency of state government," he said in a statement this week.

The department said Friday that investigators had completed more than 50 interviews in the investigation, which was said to be nearing completion.

Sandy said that names and disciplinary actions were not being released because the investigation is not complete and because of personnel rules and protections.

"I cannot stress enough how this betrays the high standards and professionalism of the men and women of corrections, who successfully carry out their vital and daunting public safety mission every day and around the clock," he said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/thr...LcBTwbRXrSng5tc

A billionaire who made his money in coal mining "being upset" about a photo (admittedly in awful taste) is a tiny bit eyeroll-inducing. rolleyes

Jim Justice is just a kind of interesting name and I had to look him up.

I'm fine with drumming those involved out. Bad judgement is kind of a problem in that line of work. Whether the photo was a momentary lapse or a trend expected to continue, might make remedial training a potential alternative. Definitely a bad look.

I'm a little curious about Officer Byrd.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

You can't have meaningful discussions on how to make things better when it's obvious one side is using division as a political weapon to divide people.

It's even harder when both sides do it. Especially when they both pretend their side doesn't.

Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
The fact you label it as possibly being "bad judgement" or "a momentary lapse" I find to be troubling. This isn't the kind of thing that you just do in the spur of the moment. It's a decision that is made based on your beliefs. Nobody in our society is naive enough not to comprehend the meaning behind it.

As much as you seem to think others sensationalize certain events, my opinion is that you understate the same things by just as large of a margin.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Can you show me Democratic candidates for president that are degrading rural communities in similar ways? That are threatening to take away police or fire protection from their communities?

Thanks in advance.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Can you show me Democratic candidates for president that are degrading rural communities in similar ways? That are threatening to take away police or fire protection from their communities?

Thanks in advance.

Can you show me one that even acknowledges rural communities period? I mean there ain't enough votes out that way for them to even bother caring about.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
P
Legend
Legend
P
So you have no comparison. That's exactly what I thought. Thanks anyway.

Hey, at least they didn't start a trade war that has crippled the farming community and cause a need for yet another social program to bail out their victims.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The fact you label it as possibly being "bad judgement" or "a momentary lapse" I find to be troubling. This isn't the kind of thing that you just do in the spur of the moment. It's a decision that is made based on your beliefs. Nobody in our society is naive enough not to comprehend the meaning behind it.

As much as you seem to think others sensationalize certain events, my opinion is that you understate the same things by just as large of a margin.

I said it was bad judgement. I mentioned the possibility that alternative punishment might be understandable, but didn't make a judgement as I didn't know whether the act was in or out of character for the officers-in-training.

There are plenty of naive individuals in our country. Link

I present alternative possibilities when a one-sided narrative seems over the top. A lot of one-sided and over the top goes on nowadays.

Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
A lot of dismissive thinking for terrible things goes on as well.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Thanks in advance.

How many Republican candidates are degrading police/military/the AG? There are different targets, but the actions are pretty similar.

I don't like either.

Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A lot of dismissive thinking for terrible things goes on as well.

Agreed.

Exercising discernment is key.

Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
It all starts at the top. How many republicans are calling Trump and Barr out for these kind of things? Playing along and staying silent isn't a call to absolve anyone.

I'm not crazy about either political party. But I expect an ounce of common decency from a president. Clinton committed perjury. Nixon, well let's just leave it at that. I wasn't a fan of the actions of either. I hold both parties to at least some minimum standards.

Trump is just as bad and I will vote to do my part to remove him from office.

The sad part in all of this is that there were decent people running for the presidential nomination in the GOP in 2016. Yet the GOP decided to choose this idiot.

Just to add. Both parties support our troops. I don't believe overruling our military judicial system to pardon war criminals is helping our military. The AG has done a lot to undermine the position. He is supposed to represent the United states justice system. Not be a personal attorney for the president.

Last edited by PitDAWG; 12/07/19 06:10 PM.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
So you have no comparison. That's exactly what I thought. Thanks anyway.

Hey, at least they didn't start a trade war that has crippled the farming community and cause a need for yet another social program to bail out their victims.

You won't find one because it's not worth their time and effort to do so. They just view rural areas as uneducated hillbillies that are too stupid to understand city folk issues. With the exception of One candidate and that is Tulsi Gabbard. She is the only candidate that fits a moderate democrat that is not an elitist snob and actually cares about people. So of course, she doesn't have a chance in hell of winning the democratic primary because she is not extreme enough.

Still doesn't change the fact that cops aren't going to be motivated to go through high crime areas anyways because it's an area they are likely to get shot at.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Cops are sent on calls by a dispatcher and have certain beats they are assigned to.

It's not like something cops do selectively.

It wasn't a Democratic president who caused farmers to go broke and had to create a new welfare program to bail them out of it.

Sometimes people need to look at the actions instead of listening to the rhetoric.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Cops are sent on calls by a dispatcher and have certain beats they are assigned to.

It's not like something cops do selectively.

It wasn't a Democratic president who caused farmers to go broke and had to create a new welfare program to bail them out of it.

Sometimes people need to look at the actions instead of listening to the rhetoric.

Cops assigned to certain beats are more likely to quit than those assigned to others.

Obama nominated Elena Kagan to the Supreme Court who has sided with Monsanto (and may have worked for Monsanto previously) against farmers in several cases many of which subsequently lost their farms. I don't know about the welfare bit.

I agree on the actions vs rhetoric point. It can get complicated when rhetoric is used to describe and comment on actions.

Lots of messed up stuff goes on all around.

Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Trump’s $28 Billion Bet That Rural America Will Stick With Him

Farmers caught in the trade war have become dependent on government payments.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/...sn-t-a-solution

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
It's that, "support us or else" type of extortion we've been seeing. It's the latest thing in the GOP these days.

Several counties in Southern Virginia are voting to declare themselves "2A Sanctuary Counties" that will not assist or support the government in confiscating weapons.

The democrat led state government has said that if these laws are passed, they will withhold education funding from the counties..

So keep harping on the "GOP these days".. Remember the Dem outrage when Trump threatened to withhold funds from immigrant sanctuary cities and states? Yea... Democrats are perfectly comfortable using all the same tactics.. because they are no different.

Virginia sheriff vows to deputize residents in response to expected gun control legislation from state Democratic lawmakers

https://www.foxnews.com/us/virgina-sheri...ratic-lawmakers

Legend
Legend
Funny cause the majority of residents voted for that democratic controlled Virginia government.

He’s on the losing side anyway.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
You know the rule of law and actual democracy doesn't mean anything to them anymore.

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Barr warns that communities that don't show respect to law enforcement may not get police protection: report

Link Copied to Clipboard