Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
jfanent Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I wish Zimmerman would just go away. He set the gun rights movement back years. You can't ignore the fact that he got out of his car with his firearm and pursued Martin. That goes against everything a responsible citizen (non law enforcement) should do. I am extremely pro 2A and felt he should have been prosecuted.

.miamiherald.com

George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch volunteer acquitted of homicide charges in the 2012 fatal shooting of unarmed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Sanford, is suing Martin’s family, prosecutors and others involved in the case he claims rested on false evidence, according to a copy of the suit sent to the media Wednesday.

Zimmerman is represented by Larry Klayman, a high-profile legal crusader tied to conservative causes and the founder of Judicial Watch before splitting with the activist group.

he Polk County Circuit Court suit cites information in a documentary about the case titled “The Trayvon Hoax” that accuses the Martin family of engineering false testimony, and the director has scheduled a press conference this week in Coral Gables to coincide with a film screening there.

As news of the lawsuit became widely reported Wednesday, the theater rented for the screening, Coral Gables Art Cinema, announced it was canceling the event. “Coral Gables Art Cinema was not aware of all of the details surrounding this event,” the theater posted on Twitter. The movie’s director, Joe Gilbert, said Thursday he had to cancel the planned event that day and was hoping to hold it somewhere else on Friday.

The suit seeks $100 million in civil damages, alleging defamation, abuse of civil process and conspiracy. A copy of the suit was distributed to media Wednesday by Gilbert. The case appeared on the online docket of the Polk court system on Wednesday afternoon.

The court papers say the suit was filed in Polk because Zimmerman lives there. It states all defendants “have worked in concert to deprive Zimmerman of his constitutional and other legal rights.”

he lead defendant in the suit is Sybrina Fulton, Martin’s mother who became a national figure in the wake of her son’s death as a campaign surrogate for Hillary Clinton and a national advocate for social justice and reducing gun deaths. She’s running for the District 1 seat on the Miami-Dade County Commission being vacated by a term-limited Barbara Jordan in the Miami Gardens area.

Fulton’s campaign issued a statement from Pamela Goodman, president of Ruth’s List Florida, a political organization backing her commission campaign. “It is both disgusting and shameful that George Zimmerman, a man who killed an unarmed child and got away with it, is now suing Trayvon Martin’s grieving parents,” Goodman said.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
What a dummy. He got away with racial profiling and murder.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Politics are disgusting.

I don't know the truth of either case. The timing of this case reeks of a smear campaign, and Hillary using the mother as a spokesperson during her run seems somewhat cold and calculated when juxtaposed.

Anything for votes. boo

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus George Zimmerman sues family of Trayvon Martin, publisher, prosecutors for $100 million

Link Copied to Clipboard