Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
The U.S. State Department extended an olive branch to Iran Friday amid a report that more than 200 people in the country have reportedly been killed by the coronavirus, a figure six times higher than the officially released number.

"The United States stands with the people of Iran during the public health crisis caused by the outbreak of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). The U.S. Government is prepared to assist the Iranian people in their response efforts," Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said in a statement. "This offer of support to the Iranian people, which has been formally conveyed to Iran through the Government of Switzerland, underscores our ongoing commitment to address health crises and prevent the spread of infectious diseases. Supporting the Iranian people is and will remain among our top priorities."

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
I hope everyone trusts scientists and allows them to freely talk.

?

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
There’s a gag order on Coronavirus news. Anything released to the media has to go through VP Pence who allowed an HIV outbreak in Indiana.

O
Legend
Legend
O
"The most worrisome thing about a full scale breakout in the US is that nationwide we only have about 1 million hospital beds. Taking into consideration the other ailments that keep hospitals busy normally, a huge surge of coronavirus victims could easily overwhelm the system."

~ this is basically what I heard an ex CDC leader say in an interview yeaterday.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
There’s a gag order on Coronavirus news. Anything released to the media has to go through VP Pence who allowed an HIV outbreak in Indiana.

Well, only on government-employed sources. Thankfully, we have an abundance of sources that aren't under Pence's jurisdiction.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Yeah, I hope this doesn't turn into a political thread. My personal preference is that this should be an informational thread. Sharing knowledge might help a lot of our loved ones and acquaintances.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Except the current people in charge of dealing with the response to protect us and our loved ones have shown ultimate incompetence in their career in dealing with public health issues.

Please research how VP Pence bungled a HIV outbreak in his home state.

Please research how there are gag orders on scientists.

Please consider how the people responsible responding to this have three financial people and one scientist advising Pence.

This is t political Vers. This is fact. If you wish to disagree, please at least use factual proof to state my statements as wrong.

I fear for the response, or lack there of, due to the anti-science nature of this administration.

The response is logical on how to deal with this. The administration is making this political because they’re more worried about the stock market than human lives.

V
Legend
Legend
V
How about you please take your thoughts to the Political Forum and stop forcing them down our throats in a forum where political stances are not permitted?

I have no problem w/your particular political beliefs, but I don't want to hear about them in this forum.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I fail to see how any of what I comment on is political. I am just talking about how the individuals in charge have responded in the past.

We don’t need a safe-space to discuss such an important topic. Suppressing information is how people die due to misinformation and poor management.

Legend
Legend
So if we don't discuss how Pence responded to an Aids outbreak in Indiana on Dawgtalkers, people will die? Asking for a friend...

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Knowing an individual’s lack of ethos, especially when he made statements that smoking doesn’t kill, to spearhead a committee that wishes to save American lives is important.

Would you want a career lawyer telling you how to draft football players? I think much of the board was against that, so I’m not certain why having a man responsible for an HIV epidemic leading the fight to stop another deadly virus is suddenly “OFF LIMITS!!!”

I will not give anyone a rubber stamp to someone who lacks qualifications. And if this very board is too uncomfortable with criticism to the response to thwart the spread of a virus, well...it’s obvious the slant of where this place falls.

If you stand for nothing, Burr, what will you fall for?

O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm not going to go there other than to say this is NOW political. When both sides of the isle show major concern with how this is being handled by the administration and information is being restricted or withheld from the people about the disease, how could it not be political?

That said, I'm not petrified to the point I plan on changing my routine at the moment but after spending the holidays in and out of the hospital, as well as the better part of two months recuperating from influenza A; I have to admit that the prospects of catching this scares the hell out of me. Having COPD with some creeping crud like this coronavirus is no joke! It would be a probable life and death situation worst case scenario and more lung deterioration best case scenario. So yes, I think we need to know everything and don't need leadership holding back the truth.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Oregon confirms first case of coronavirus, third case with unknown origin

Health authorities in Oregon have confirmed what they believe is their first coronavirus case in the state, with the diagnosis marking the third known case nationally where the patient had no previous connection to anyone else with the disease.

The report comes after two patients in California appeared to become ill with the virus through so-called community spread, where the sickness spreads in completely different communities possibly due to people unknowingly carrying the virus.

Officials at the press conference did not reveal the age or gender of the Oregon patient, who is reportedly at Kaiser Permanente Westside Medical Center in Hillsboro.

Oregon Health Authority Director Patrick Allen said the state is still awaiting confirmation from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, making the case "presumptive" for now. He also said the patient was recently at a local elementary school and is an employee at Lake Oswego School District.

The local school is set to be closed and undergo a deep cleaning before students are allowed back next Wednesday.

On Friday, the World Health Organization (WHO) increased its coronavirus risk assessment to "very high," but said it doesn’t rise to the level of a global pandemic.

China, where the virus originated, has reported nearly 79,000 total cases of the virus, including 2,791 deaths. Outside China, WHO said there are now 4,351 cases in 49 countries, and 67 deaths.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/48...-unknown-origin

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... CDC confirms first US case of coronavirus

Link Copied to Clipboard