Legend
E
Jim Brown
Greg Pruitt
Don Rogers
Leroy Kelly
Gene Hickerson

Baseball:
Roberto Clemente was one of my all time Idols. I remember as a Pirate fan as a kid listening to the game on the radio. It would be the bottom of the 9th runners on first and 2nd two outs And I would be like come on strike him out, or hit a pop up...or get a single to RF as I knew Roberto would throw him out at HOME! I did the basket catch (not a Willie Mays thing but Roberto did it first) and I had a great arm.

Btw I liked Willie Mays also but it was Roberto Clemente and nobody else for me. Later on Willie Stargell was a guy I liked a lot. What people don't know in those years I saw Roberto in RF, Willie Stargell (svelte Willie) played Left Field and he had a great arm also.

Basket Ball: Oscar Robinson was my all time favorite player. I learned the game late around 67...and all I had was newspaper as we were stationed up north in Camp Drum just two Canadian stations and one had Toronto Maple Leafs and the other Montreal Canadians...So it was between Baltimore's Earl the Pearl Monroe or the Cinncinati Royal's Oscar Robinson and I really liked Oscar and became a Bucks fan when he moved there after one year of following him. Lew Alcindor was great.

I like this new kid Giannis (Greek for John) saw him improve every season and figures after YEARS of suffering as a Buck Fan we finally get the best team in the NBA and they stop the season. Arrrrgghhh! lol

Hockey...Liked the Canadians and Ken Dryden, Larry Robinson and Bob Gainey were my favorites!

Bowling...lol just kidding. Any sport where you can drink beer and smoke cigarettes - made it fun but not a true sport...lol laugh

Golf: All time Favorite is Jack Nicklaus I also really enjoy watching Phil Mickelson and Dustin Johnson.

Woods was great but not my favorite, I always thought he was juicing. Then his wife hit him with the 9 Iron...

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
ahhh Camp Drum - fond memories.

Loved the Habs, too. 70s were special, EO.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Favorite Players from Each Sport

Link Copied to Clipboard