Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Legend
Legend
if youre referring to the 94 crime bill, ive been over that already.

again, i did watch and listen out of respect, but this idea that you called it a myth as if nobody can disagree with it....i mean obviously no.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1774537 07/08/20 03:18 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
One thing I will say in regards to his comments are this.

To claim two people are comparable because of something one did decades ago in comparison to what one is doing now is rather disingenuous.

Biden didn't send out a tweet of a man screaming white power last week.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:
As for the rest............you are revealing who you really are. Keep talking because more and more people are going to see you for who you really are.

I think I have a pretty good idea who Swish really is.. and I'm ok with it and happy to call him a friend.

Swish and I have gone knock down drag out on here a few times where things were said and we didn't respond to each other for weeks after... (fortunately it was on here because out there if we tangled.. he would kill me.. but only because he's younger tongue )

If I had to come up with one word to describe Swish it would be passionate... sometimes his passion boils over into anger.. and sometimes anger is good if you are looking around lately. Sometimes I think his anger is misdirected, but that's my opinion....

At the end of the day, the dude just wants what he feels is right and he's willing to fight for it.. and I can't fault him for that at all.

yebat' Putin
Swish #1774539 07/08/20 03:24 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
again, i did watch and listen out of respect, but this idea that you called it a myth as if nobody can disagree with it....i mean obviously no.

I'm not going to disclaim everything I say with "You are free to disagree" and "this is just my opinion"...

You are a smart guy, you can tell the difference between fact and my opinions based on those facts...

yebat' Putin
PitDAWG #1774542 07/08/20 03:29 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
One thing I will say in regards to his comments are this.

To claim two people are comparable because of something one did decades ago in comparison to what one is doing now is rather disingenuous.

Biden didn't send out a tweet of a man screaming white power last week.

Biden doesn't have Twitter on his flip phone and even if he did, his handlers wouldn't allow him to use it unsupervised... which is something Trump should consider.

You need to go tell these black people that they aren't really black...

Because that's not condescending or insulting or anything....

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm just wondering if you're being serious or facetious here? Because as of now more than 85% of black people support Biden.

Maybe there's something you're trying to tell them?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1774548 07/08/20 03:57 PM
Legend
Legend
i think the bigger issue is that we have to look at why the 94 crime bill was passed.

i dont like it, but i have hindsight to help me with that. it would be completely disingenuous for me not to bring up the fact that the violence was so bad in our communities, our black leadership at the time was BEGGING the government to do something, and biden happened to be in congress when that went down.

i cant knock the dude for trying to do what was asked of him by the people.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
thats for the shout out. most people know who i am, and so far, ive made far more friends around here than ive lost.

to count, ive lost maybe one associate and thats Vers so....eh.

anyways back to the real...

yes, i get what you mean, but it did rub me the wrong way. especially when you've come on here doing the very thing, thinking you know what the libs/democrats think, and fairly recently.

the divide is certainly real, and it goes way deeper than just the big ticket issues we're discussing, especially in todays climate with such dramatic ideological shifts from both conservatives and liberals.

hell, the terms barely mean the same thing they did 20 years ago, as far as how the streets view it.

it maybe USE to be that way, where rep/dems agreed on basic issues but disagree on how to get there.

the last 10 years or so? its been straight up disagreeing on everything. we dont even agree on the same goals anymore.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1774551 07/08/20 04:02 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't disagree with you. I mean we can all look back at things which were done with the best of intentions that backfired. But we also should put them in context.

But we know how politics works. And that's from both sides. It's much easier to use such things as gotchya moments rather than to use them as examples people may have grown from.

#gmstrong
Swish #1774580 07/08/20 05:24 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:
yes, i get what you mean, but it did rub me the wrong way. especially when you've come on here doing the very thing, thinking you know what the libs/democrats think, and fairly recently.

One of the things I've been trying to work on, and it's hard, is to not do that. Because the libs/dems don't "think" anything.. they are not a collective voice, they are millions of individual voices that differ if you talk to them on an individual level.. and our whole system of media and social media is to take the most outrageous voices, give them a platform, and then say "See, this is how THEY think." That is why the second graph looks the way it does...

The other thing that was mentioned in that article, that I had not yet mentioned... those with the most extreme opinion of the "other side" were the ones who consumed the most media (this was true of both sides).... the more you watch/read/listen, the more extremist you think the other political party is... this isn't an accident either, it's totally by design of an extremely partisan and agenda driven media world where shock and anger sell far better than logic and reason...

**disclaimer** use of the word "media" represents ALL media, from the big cable news channels to the major news papers to the secondary news sources, on down to independent bloggers...

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
i get what you mean, but lets talk about that specifically.

isnt it a dangerous line of thinking to say that consuming too much information will lead to more extreme opinion.

i get that we arent separating media right now, but im struggling to understand how consuming what is normally considered rebuttable sources can lead to an extreme opinion to the other side.

in this case, extreme seems to be the word substituted for 'informed'.

for example, if i pay attention to what trump says and does, and pay attention to what his employees and ex employees say about him, does that make me have an extreme opinion on trump, or an informed one?

where is the line being drawn from those two terms, extreme and informed?

- Theodore Roosevelt
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Come Together

Link Copied to Clipboard