Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Legend
Legend
The #Ravens disciplined a strength and conditioning coach for not reporting symptoms and not consistently wearing a mask or tracking device, which may have contributed to the team's rash of COVID-19 cases, per sources.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Pretty irresponsible ... I hope they’re punished as a team.

I’m sure it was a safety concern, but you kinda wish they were forced to play

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I can't figure out how postponing the game a few days solves any viral issues...

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
B
Legend
Legend
B
Depending on the reporting date, it probably allows a few players to come off watch on Saturday if they test negative.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
So, that's what? 10 days out? 2 weeks out?

Legend
Legend
I really don’t know all the protocols. I believe it is 10 days from when he shows symptoms. If no symptoms I think it is three consecutive days without a positive test.

#gmstrong
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
I really don’t know all the protocols. I believe it is 10 days from when he shows symptoms. If no symptoms I think it is three consecutive days without a positive test.

Actually the protocols are pretty straightforward.

If you are the Ravens, they will now reschedule the Steelere game again, and they will make sure Jackson misses no games. These protocols would apply to the Ravens and Steelers if they were in a similar situation.

Not sure what the protocols are for the rest of the NFL.

Y
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Y
Originally Posted By: DawgMichelle
I can't figure out how postponing the game a few days solves any viral issues...

my guess, it allows more players who were exposed to test positive and helps others not get it, including those on pittsburgh.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
On Espn Radio, Ravens beat writer iirc, and former tight end, Dennis Pita, (Pitta, I dunno),

Gave a Sniveling, Cry Baby, whining, Unjust, favortistic-nepotismistic, case for how the
LEAGUE!

must bend over backwards because the ravens are going to have a hard time! WAAH, WAHH! ehuh WAAAAA!!

If they have to play football games in real time frames.

Key points in the argument, ...
1. the division is on the line?

THE DIVISION IS ON THE LINE FOR EVERY TEAM EVERY WEEK, INCLUDING OTHER TEAMS INJURIES INLUDING INJURIES THAT HAPPENED TO ...
Andrew Luck, colts another year, Joe Burrow Bengals, RG3 Browns another year, Dak Prescott Cowboys,
Odell Beckham Browns, Myles Garrett brownsm, Nick Chubb Browns add a zillion others:

Buh buh buh buh,-- Dennis' Pita's argument would suggest,
The WA VENS, Can't possibley play a game without all, ALL, ALL! of their starters, or
dey dey dey, might not be able to win the wild card...
wahhhhh, wahhhh, WA WA WA, WAAAAAAAH!!!

and and and, the WA(Ravens), had lost Yanda, and some other O Linemen, ...

(OK I'll interrupt) So the Ravens, didn't prepare like the Browns did by securing 7 starting quality O linemen before the season started,
HOW IS THAT THE LEAGUES FAULT?

( I'll wait for raven fan to place a valid answer here ->)

The League, (ill argue) ALREADY ADDRESSED THIS ISSUE TO ALLOW
ALLOW
I'M SAYING ALLOW!!!!!

THE RAVENS TO BE ABLE TO PLAY DESPITE A COVID OUTBREAK

THIS SUNDAY!

WHEN THE LEAGUE------ THE LEAGUE----

EXPANDED PRACTICE SQUAD ROSTERS 2 MONTHS AGO.

SO

I'll finish with this.

If the League, if the eplative freaking entire NFL< (protect the shield)

BENDS OVER BACKWARDS BECAUSE THE RAVENS ARE TOO "delicate" to play with RG3 and some 3rd string RB

( The Browns have had about 21 missed games by Chubb or Hunt, combined over the last 2 years, 32 games, and all of those games a 3rd string RB had to play)

If the League bends over backwards to COW TOW TO THE TOO DELICATE RAVENS TEAM,

Then the entire season and the entire LEAGUE' ( NFL, protect the shield) is in Jeopardy.

And.....

Haslems! Plain Dealer + Cleveland Media,

Browns Beat Writers, Coaches, GM's Van Pelt
Stefanski, all of you

I'm emploring you!

SPEAK THE EXPLATATIVE UP! It's about FAIR PLAY!

In the long run!~

Stefanski, Van Pelt, may make a calculated decisison to not get involved because of future possible test result outcomes and the such, but that does not impair

The Cleveland media!

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
The NFL, regarding covid, needs to decide, if everybody is making sacrifices, the NFL has to decide, well it comes down to 2 options I figure.

Option 1. Teams play with Joe Friday? at key positions if they have too and we have a competitive, to whatever extent, game when the games play.

or

Option 2. They cancel a significant portion of the remainder of the season and begin the playoffs early and try to eliminate teams through losers vs winners, faster than Covid can eliminate teams with illness.

One way they could, ... After week 11, Schedule jump to week 17,

skipping all games in between, allowing weeks...

weeks... for rescheduled games and getting a playoff schedule underway that would include the Super Bowl, on time.

Just one suggestion.

Edit: I just checked the schedule and this seems more "JUST" than even I thought it could.

To clarify, I'd totally support, because Week 11 is already underway with the Thursday Thanksgiving games having been played.

Have a League meeting, and Owners vote, a vote for option 2 would be.

Expand the playoffs to 8 teams, ending the 1 team gets a bye, for this year alone.
+
After the finish of week 11, all teams would jump to the schedule of their final week of the year, week 17 to be played next week, as well as illness could allow.

A very "real" reason for that would be the schedule is already designed for the final week to include the most playoff likely significant games in that week, and that is throughout both conferences.

Then Begin the playoffs,
This eliminates 5 regular season weeks, and allows those 5 empty weeks for rescheduling, postpoining, due to the rapid rise of covid positives throughout the league and society.

Last edited by THROW LONG; 11/27/20 12:29 PM.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
They said that they are still investigating the "close contacts", in an attempt to stop any spread among the 2 teams.

I have no problem with that. However, if they have to reschedule games because of too many close contact exposures, then when the game is rescheduled, the players who would have had to sit out the regularly scheduled game(s) should have to sit out rescheduled games, even if healthy and even if they show no covid infection.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
T
Legend
Legend
T
You know what you say makes sense about players sitting.

Yet I don't figure they'd ever decide to because I believe the reason to post pone the games in the first place was to allow those stars to, get healthy, to play.

I wonder if the NFL is prepared for a situation like if;

If the clearly 5th best teams from each conference meet in the super bowl, each playing 3rd string quarterbacks, while:
while the entire planet knows better teams and players are off with covid.

Which is worse, ^that, or sacrificing a significant portion of regular season weeks to ensure "time" for teams, multiple teams, to regain healthy rosters and see the best vs. the best in not only the Super Bowl,
but the final two weeks of the playoffs before the Super Bowl.

edit: I've had week 11, and 5 weeks remaining, (wrong), confused with week 12 and 4 weeks remaining, my last 3 posts. oops!

Last edited by THROW LONG; 11/27/20 12:54 PM.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG

I wonder if the NFL is prepared for a situation like if;

If the clearly 5th best teams from each conference meet in the super bowl, each playing 3rd string quarterbacks, while:
while the entire planet knows better teams and players are off with covid.

I was thinking about that yesterday. What if the winner of the NFC east makes it to the super bowl because of this?

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Legend
Legend
J/c

I’ve thought the NFL should have implemented two bye weeks from the start ... two byes between weeks 5-15 for every team

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Good lord, could you imagine the Chiefs vs WFT/Eagles/Cowboys/Giants?

Hell, you could substitute the Chiefs with just about any AFC playoff hopeful and still expect a curb stomping.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Pdawg

Which is ridiculous. How does solve anything or make anyone "safer". And because of this, another game will have to be rescheduled as well... The Ravens were slated to play back to back Thursday games. Now they'll have to reschedule their subsequent game vs the Cowboys from Thursday to Sunday.

Goes who will then be eligible to return and play now that the game will be delayed?

Saw this kind of crap coming from the beginning. I wonder if all these arrangements would be scrambled for a Jets vs Jags game... or a Browns game...

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
#Ravens QB Lamar Jackson's positive test came in Thursday's round of COVID-19 testing. He still won't play Tuesday night against the #Steelers, but based on the timeline, it's possible he could be cleared in time for the rescheduled Dec. 7 game against the #Cowboys.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c...

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
That seems like an awful lot

Legend
Legend
I'm betting they were not closely following the NFL's protocols.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
So the Broncos won’t have a QB tomorrow now

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
E
Legend
Legend
E
Why is the Broncos game not suspended?

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Why is the Broncos game not suspended?

Probably because there was only one person that tested positive. The other QBs are because they didn’t have their masks on.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

I’m told at least two more Ravens starters will be placed on COVID list by tomorrow, at least one of which has tested positive for COVID

#gmSTRONG
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

There goes my $1 arbys roast beef sandwich(local promotion, $1 roast beef for each TD the broncos score).

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
I'm betting they were not closely following the NFL's protocols.

I think they had a strength coach who caught it, and he was not social distancing, and he was not wearing his mask.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Covid-19 and the NFL

Link Copied to Clipboard