Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
O
Legend
Legend
O
I don't want to make it sound like I'm defending or pumping up Trump's response. I'm just highlighting one perceived aspect behind his response that I was hoping would work.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
I was just trying to point out that when your president is sending mixed messages and false information out I'm not surprised that anyone had problems understanding what to do. Political pressure makes people do some crazy things.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Man - I can't believe how badly lockdowns don't work.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/tennis/55866539

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
It works when you have a competent government help lead the way.

And it also helps that you either was gonna risk catching Covid or die from whatever monster of an animal they have over there.

But mainly competent government.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
Legend
Legend
E
Ask California about lockdowns.

No Craps Given
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Ask California about lockdowns.

To stick up for Swish, he did say competent government.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
T
Legend
Legend
T
Looking forward to maybe thinking about how cool it'd be to get that Johnson n Johnson, shot, (one time shot), (but why talk about it, it's early marh, pfft.

GC. did I say GC.

IH! Impromtu Halloween. Mardi Gras,
What is or was Halloween and why did it start. frown

(not so much that the site I use is the most accurate as they surpassed 400K a good 4 days before it was all over the nightly news, but that it's the same site for numbers,) pretty much no way around it even conservatively 25,000 americans, if you read this won't see the Super Bowl halftime show,(8 1/2 days from now) by those numbers.

Good News the new cases 150K per day is down from 250K,
Yet open cases are still over 9 million,
Used to watch 25,000 deleted), different but still.
8 days, Super Bowl halftime show.
IH. Impromtu Halloween, why not.

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Overwhelmed by Covid deaths, America's largest cemetery refrigerates bodies as families wait weeks for funerals

Spanning 1,400 acres and eight venues, Rose Hills Memorial Park and Mortuary in Southern California is the biggest cemetery in North America.
But the number of Covid-19-related deaths since the holidays have so challenged its capacity that grieving families are having to wait a month for funeral services and the cemetery has had to order refrigeration units to hold the bodies.

"Hospitals have really been impacted. Their morgues are filling up," Patrick Monroe, president and CEO of Rose Hills, told CNN. "Our goal was, when a family calls, that we can always say 'Yes, we can go. We can go get your loved one.'"

Refrigeration is the latest adaption Rose Hills, located east of Los Angeles, has had to make in the face of Covid-19.

With indoor funerals prohibited by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, the cemetery has set up tents to hold outdoor visitations and funeral services throughout its memorial park. It also offers livestreamed services.

For families who want to wait until restrictions are lifted, Rose Hills is temporarily entombing the bodies of their loved ones.

After requests for services spiked post-Thanksgiving, the cemetery struggled to keep up with demand. The usual wait time for services at Rose Hills is one week. Now, families are waiting up to five weeks.

"People have been very understanding," Monroe said.

In many cases, families of loved ones were unable to visit them in their final days because of hospital visitation restrictions.
"They still want to do traditional things," he said. "They want to have a burial."

The 750 employees at Rose Hills have been resilient despite the demand, Monroe said.

"People who get into this line of work come with a very empathetic, compassionate disposition," he said. "The hardest thing that I'm hearing from employees is that they want to serve the families the best they can, but it's been such a heavy demand. It takes its toll."

Monroe said Rose Hills is offering employees additional assistance programs, including special compensation, along with break rooms stocked with snacks to support employee well-being.

The long term toll, he said, remains to be seen.
"They've shown a lot of resilience thus far," he said. "But, you know, we've been at it for a year now."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/29/us/cemetery-delays-california-trnd/index.html?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
j/c

Overwhelmed by Covid deaths, America's largest cemetery refrigerates bodies as families wait weeks for funerals

Spanning 1,400 acres and eight venues, Rose Hills Memorial Park and Mortuary in Southern California is the biggest cemetery in North America.
But the number of Covid-19-related deaths since the holidays have so challenged its capacity that grieving families are having to wait a month for funeral services and the cemetery has had to order refrigeration units to hold the bodies.

"Hospitals have really been impacted. Their morgues are filling up," Patrick Monroe, president and CEO of Rose Hills, told CNN. "Our goal was, when a family calls, that we can always say 'Yes, we can go. We can go get your loved one.'"

Refrigeration is the latest adaption Rose Hills, located east of Los Angeles, has had to make in the face of Covid-19.

With indoor funerals prohibited by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, the cemetery has set up tents to hold outdoor visitations and funeral services throughout its memorial park. It also offers livestreamed services.

For families who want to wait until restrictions are lifted, Rose Hills is temporarily entombing the bodies of their loved ones.

After requests for services spiked post-Thanksgiving, the cemetery struggled to keep up with demand. The usual wait time for services at Rose Hills is one week. Now, families are waiting up to five weeks.

"People have been very understanding," Monroe said.

In many cases, families of loved ones were unable to visit them in their final days because of hospital visitation restrictions.
"They still want to do traditional things," he said. "They want to have a burial."

The 750 employees at Rose Hills have been resilient despite the demand, Monroe said.

"People who get into this line of work come with a very empathetic, compassionate disposition," he said. "The hardest thing that I'm hearing from employees is that they want to serve the families the best they can, but it's been such a heavy demand. It takes its toll."

Monroe said Rose Hills is offering employees additional assistance programs, including special compensation, along with break rooms stocked with snacks to support employee well-being.

The long term toll, he said, remains to be seen.
"They've shown a lot of resilience thus far," he said. "But, you know, we've been at it for a year now."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/29/us/cemetery-delays-california-trnd/index.html?

Just another regular Season Flu season right?

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus COVID-19: Fright Night

Link Copied to Clipboard