Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

If I was a cop, this would be a good case for not even carrying a taser. I know we want non-lethal methods used when possible, but we sure don't want mistakes like this.
I was following along until this part....

Extreme I know, and I know it wouldn't happen. That was more a thinking out loud moment...and arch just posted the items are in different locations, so who knows what she was thinking?

I don't think she shot the guy for the sporting fun of it, but it makes you wonder how that could happen.

Note to the mob....don't get bunched up about the term sporting fun. It's an expression. I don't think it is sporting or fun to shoot someone. Just wanted to clear that up before 4-5 of you jumped on that.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
I'd like to see the first few rounds in the clip being rubber bullets or going to bean bag guns for these minor offenses. Then a mistaken grab wouldn't have to be deadly. Even better would be to stop losing your crap over every little thing and feeling like YOU NEED to draw your gun all the damn time. And tell them to keep their knees off of people's necks and backs for crying out loud... How stupid is it that we keep killing people doing the same stupid ass things over and over. No choke holds, no knees on backs or throats, non lethal ammo... Simple fixes to complex yet simple problems... Just stop killing people for no good reason, period.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 04/14/21 08:41 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
B
Legend
Legend
B
I agree with a lot of what you say.

I don't know why the cop went for her gun or tazer. Neither do you. We hear about these situations but never hear about the thousands of stops per day by police where force isn't used or threatened. You shouldn't make it sound like it does.

Chambering a few dummy rounds is a bad idea IMO. You are smart enough to know that when you need to use your weapon, you don't want to be shooting a few dummy rounds. That is a good way to get killed.

Look at the situation with the Army Lt. I don't think the cops should have gotten out with guns drawn. If they felt it was a threatening situation, have gun in hand and stand behind the door so the guns aren't seen. While I am dismayed at how all of this happened, the Lt. wasn't exactly cooperative.

It's just a bad situation for a lot of reasons.

Note to the mob...I am not saying the Lt. got what he deserved by not being fully cooperative. The cop did plenty wrong. Just wanted to make that clear.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I'm not a gun guy at all.. So take what I'm saying with a grain of salt! But I gotta think there is a substantial difference between a taser and a glock (or whatever she was carrying). I'm just not convinced that a mistake like that can even happen... Also, if it happened like they say, why did the chief resign? Almost feels as if he was trying to make up an excuse that just didn't fly.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
arch got it 100% right. The pistol is on the right side and the tazor is on the left side. Opposite sides. "Different location" makes it sound a little different than "totally opposite sides".

And you don't have to be "an expert" to have handled both a tazor and a similar weapon as the pistol a cop carries to understand the difference of how differently they feel in your hand.

A trained, twenty six year police veteran got her right side and left side mixed up. That's if you believe the "it was a mistake" line being given.

I have seen nothing in her record that would indicate that it wasn't a mistake. But I can also see why people might strongly feel it wasn't.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus 'Disgusting’: Police officer fired after threatening Black Army officer at traffic stop

Link Copied to Clipboard