Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
But if you could... I would remind mine of that day not long ago when she sat, literally, with a $20 scratch off ticket in her hand, and made fun of me for wasting my money on Dogecoin at $.05.

That scratch off ticket and others like it have long been discarded but in the last 55 days, my Dogecoin is up 246% and climbing.

I have other crypto investments that have only made a paltry 35% in the last 55 days.. should have put it all in Doge I guess.

Any other crypto players?

yebat' Putin
E
Legend
Legend
E
Man, I was going to invest in dogecoin, but I dont know enough about cryptocurrency to feel comfortable with it.

No Craps Given
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I’m killing it on my XRP/ripple right now. The SEC is losing its court case. When it does it’s going to go off. Big.
XRP Ripple is going to replace Swift at the banks. It will be how international banking money and personal remittance money is moved in the future. Get in now.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
haven't gotten into Crypto yet... probably should.... I've been more focused on real estate investing recently...

<><

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
The market is in a bull run. I still think there’s money to be made for long term investors. Short term too if you get in the right trades at the right times.
Coinbase and Uphold are the two platforms I use. There’s a few coins I still can’t buy between those two but in general they meet my needs.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Good to know... I may put some money into crypto but I haven't spent enough time investigating to figure out what to invest in...

real estate is nuts... I'm doing long term buy and holds with my brother in law... so far it's been a lot of fun. We've picked up a couple of places that have appreciated well already (we bought back in Sep). We're working on some refinancing so that we can get the capital to start looking for another one to purchase...

<><

#gmstrong
F
Legend
Legend
F
Real Estate is do to bust, I don't know when, but down here home prices are rising by 10-15% a month. Yes I said a month, and there are very few available.

My buddy is a broker, we had lunch yesterday. He has 0 property listings right now, and when they do come in they are sold in 24-48 hours, and he has a list of wannabe buyers. It's crazy.

A house next to my other friend in a nice development sold last year for 400k, the new owners decided to try to take advantage of the current market and listed the house 3 weeks ago for 540k and it sold for 550 in 3 days.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Back in the 80's I was buying several Kugerrands every month. I came home after work and my wife said she bought 5 that day. I said great, let me have them to put in the safety box the next day.

She then told me she didn't have them, the brokerage had them.

After a few moments of silence, as my blood pressure was skyrocketing, lets just say a loud conversation began.

Even today, when she gets me irritated I ask her if she has those Kuggerrands yet. Even in friendly conversation, like she wants to go on a trip, I say sure, lets sell those Kugerrands you bought. We might get around $8-9,000 for them. We can find a decent cruise or have a nice week in Las Vegas for that.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I agree!!

I’m hoping to finalize these refinances soon so that we can hopefully get a good appraisal with a low interest... plan on holding these at least 10 years so even if it crashes soon it shouldn’t hurt us as long as rents stay steady

Then we should have capital that we can go bargain shopping if the market does crash... it’ll be interesting though because it’s not like 2008... prices are sky high currently because of low interest rates (which the government is helping keep low), printing of money, and everyone and their uncle moving out of large cities so there is a huge supply issue... new builds haven’t caught up either from when they took a pause in 2020

<><

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: jaybird
I agree!!

I’m hoping to finalize these refinances soon so that we can hopefully get a good appraisal with a low interest... plan on holding these at least 10 years so even if it crashes soon it shouldn’t hurt us as long as rents stay steady

Then we should have capital that we can go bargain shopping if the market does crash... it’ll be interesting though because it’s not like 2008... prices are sky high currently because of low interest rates (which the government is helping keep low), printing of money, and everyone and their uncle moving out of large cities so there is a huge supply issue... new builds haven’t caught up either from when they took a pause in 2020

Materials prices are continuing to climb. Locally an 8'x4' sheet of 3/4 inch plywood is running $60 PER... My wife just sold a townhome a couple weeks ago, $23k OVER asking price, sight unseen. The initial listing price was on par with the previous townhome sold in that neighborhood only a couple months prior. The house we bought 2 years ago is up about $50k which is awesome.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan
Real Estate is do to bust, I don't know when, but down here home prices are rising by 10-15% a month. Yes I said a month, and there are very few available.

My buddy is a broker, we had lunch yesterday. He has 0 property listings right now, and when they do come in they are sold in 24-48 hours, and he has a list of wannabe buyers. It's crazy.

A house next to my other friend in a nice development sold last year for 400k, the new owners decided to try to take advantage of the current market and listed the house 3 weeks ago for 540k and it sold for 550 in 3 days.

It's this way in Vegas too. Mostly people coming from California driving up prices and scooping up all the inventory. I can sell my house that I bought 7 years ago for like 160% more than what I bought it at.

Legend
Legend
I invested in Hand sanitizer and toilet paper last January. I'm set for life.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
I invested in Hand sanitizer and toilet paper last January. I'm set for life.

Some of my biggest investments are in the food industry... as long as people still eat I think I'm going to be good smile

one day I'd like to be able to invest in either a winery or whiskey distillery.... or have my own buffalo wild wings smile

<><

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
You can't "You need to calm down" your wife either.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan

It's this way in Vegas too. Mostly people coming from California driving up prices and scooping up all the inventory. I can sell my house that I bought 7 years ago for like 160% more than what I bought it at.

It's crazy almost everywhere in the country for the most part right now. My neighbor has been trying to buy a second home on the lake and they continually get outbid even when offering 15%-20% over asking. And that's in Ohio! The housing market is just nuts right now. We've considered selling and cashing in, but are going to just stay put until the kids are in college and then we're heading to FL.

I read an article a few weeks back about a house in the greater D.C. area that went on the market and within 24hrs had 81 offers and something like 72 were cash buyers.

I'm looking to start dabbling in NFTs. NBA Top Shot and other digital art are skyrocketing. Same with sports trading cards.

Legend
Legend
Saw the same article... just nuts...

I've looked into NFTs a bit but don't know enough about them to invest... I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around the value of a digital card/image that could be copied... I understand you'd own the 'original' but I tend to prefer something a little more tangible... what's been your experience with NFTs? I can see myself putting some money into crypto or NFTs at some point, but just don't know enough to feel confident with it...

<><

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Crypto prevented me from getting a 3080. I’m pretty salty about that.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
The market is down right now. Crypto on sale. Get it while it’s cheap.
XRP dropped from $1.77 to $1.27. Buy buy buy.

[Linked Image]
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
I bought some Doge at .06, sold at .40. May enter back in at .20 if it drops.

I'd love to but some XRP, but coinbase has trading suspended in it due to the lawsuit. Hopefully it opens back up. Don't see it on Binance either.

I've also got some Bitcoin and Litecoin.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I use Uphold for XRP.

[Linked Image]
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... You can't "I told you so..." your wife

Link Copied to Clipboard