Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I hear you, but he already got caught.

He did?

What did he get caught with in his system?

Link?

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
V
Legend
Legend
V
Is that a serious question or are you just trying to be difficult?

He is in Stage One. The link is at the top of the page. The NFL does not release the details of the suspensions under the Confidentially rule, which is tied to Hippa. I provided the information on that in the Gordon thread.

I think it might be a mistake to automatically believe the word of the player and his sources.

All we know for sure is that he is already in Stage One. Are you going to deny that?

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Yes he is in stage one and that certainly isn't the best way to start but it seems as though he has a lot of enthusiasm and ambition to play. It also sounds like he loves the game. Hopefully these traits will override anything wrong he may have done and keep him straight in the future. If he does we may have a real good player and team leader on our hands.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
Yes he is in stage one and that certainly isn't the best way to start but it seems as though he has a lot of enthusiasm and ambition to play. It also sounds like he loves the game. Hopefully these traits will override anything wrong he may have done and keep him straight in the future. If he does we may have a real good player and team leader on our hands.

Ambition to play, but not to participate in minicamp? An article posted above makes it sound as though that hasn't happened since 2005. The fact that there are no drug tests without the participation agreement makes this fishy. Might be a coincidence, but is suspicious.

I hope nothing comes of this and he gets out of stage one.

I suppose the NFL is run by Buckeye fans, huh?

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I admit that I am even more concerned now than when we drafted this player.

As far as I know, teams (and/or the combine) don't release the results from drug testing, so we almost have to take their word for how they tested when a violation is reported. Was it really a diluted sample? Was it an outright failed test? Who knows? The player controls the release of the information.

I have to admit that I might be more worried about Peppers than I am about Brantley. I am just getting a bad vibe from Peppers.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
I also want to add that this holding off from signing his paperwork required to participate, (and the drug test that goes with it) is a concern for a guy who failed a drug test at the combine.

Peppers is represented by CAA. Their site says that they have represented many NFL players.

From their site:

Representing many of the most successful players in the NFL, helping to guide both their on- and off-field business strategies
Clients include more than one-third of the starting quarterbacks in the NFL, 10 of the last 15 NFL MVPs, 24 players selected to the 2017 Pro Bowl, and the #1 or #2 overall selections in the NFL Draft for eight of the past 13 years. In the past 16 years, CAA Sports agents have represented more than 100 First-Round picks, more than three times the next closest competitor.

http://sports.caa.com/football.aspx

So, why, when they have had all of these other guys participate without issue, would they hold out Peppers?

Yeah, I am concerned.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
something doesn't seem right to be either. maybe i'm just snakebitten by Haden and Gordon's situations

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
Might be a coincidence, but is suspicious.

Very suspicious. I don't believe in coincidences...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32

I agree.

I was already angry about the trade down. This just makes it even worse.

Legend
Legend
Just feeling odd about this. Sign papers and suit up. Stage one and a failure to get processed in may be odd coincidence, but it points the wrong direction IMO, and it's a surprise given all the talk about the love of the game and such.

I had some reservations about his pick, but hoped for good stuff. Another potential sideshow in the making? Hope not.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32

Add in Sashi's comments about Peppers needs to be careful about what he puts in his body. That doesn't sound like water....LOL

Hopefully, he learned his lesson and will stay clean moving forward. Everything will be fine if he does that.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
NFL intelligence test = a rookie's first urine sample/drug test.

Not signing the participation agreement..someone tell me what this means, because I'm thinking Peppers is now worried that he will test dirty..again?

...is that what we are talking about, here?

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: mac
... I'm thinking Peppers is now worried that he will test dirty..again?

...is that what we are talking about, here?

That would be the implication...yep.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Not a good look to start the career, whether this is poor decision making, coincidence, ignorance, or a combination of all

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
massive cover up from FO to he janitor.

They knew he was dirty, firing of that ESPN reporter that broke the story was obviously sent down from on high from the browns, to remove that lane to the story.

Hue being so dismissive of him not signing the participation agreement lends credence that he is also aware and part of the cover up.

This fish stinks from the head on down

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: texaslostdawg

They knew he was dirty, firing of that ESPN reporter that broke the story was obviously sent down from on high from the browns, to remove that lane to the story.

Hue being so dismissive of him not signing the participation agreement lends credence that he is also aware and part of the cover up.

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: pblack18707

so you don't think the FO knew about this? Who is ignoring the obvious here? They knew then and they know now... he is dirty

#gmstrong

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I admit that I am even more concerned now than when we drafted this player.

I also want to add that this holding off from signing his paperwork required to participate, (and the drug test that goes with it) is a concern for a guy who failed a drug test at the combine.

No question about it. It's making me a little weary that it was something more than just overloading on water and quite frankly with Manziel, Gordon, Armonty and etc - I'm sick of these druggies.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Tony Grossi‏Verified account
@TonyGrossi

Following
More
Per Browns, Jabrill Peppers will practice today. Signed participation agreement.

--------

wonder what change from yesterday lol

C
Legend
Legend
C
Those drugs left his system quick:

Quote:
Browns say Jabrill Peppers will be a full participant in rookie minicamp today. He signed his participation agreement this morning.

https://twitter.com/NateUlrichABJ/status/863402621343870978

B
Legend
Legend
B
Maybe he wanted a test done my a lab hired by him to get the results in hand before the NFL conducted theirs.

Maybe he wanted to know how much water he could drink without it being a dilute sample? Not much could be gained in 1 day if he was trying to flush his system.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
so his 90 day window begins today

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
what changed - he passed the test when he self administered it, so he is good to go, for now.

lets se how long it lasts.

hope it does, but I doubt it will

#gmstrong

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Well, it's easy to see you already have your mind made up, he's dirty. I don't think he is, otherwise he wouldn't have passed this one.

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: bleednbrown
Well, it's easy to see you already have your mind made up, he's dirty. I don't think he is, otherwise he wouldn't have passed this one.

how you know he passed?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
far as I know he didn't take one yet, he now only eligible to be subject to one.

#gmstrong

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Okay, he opens himself up to testing. I don't much care for the dude either, but he is a Brown and I might even buy his jersey, I don't know why some of you want to hammer him into the ground. Let him play ball first.

#GMSTRONG

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: bleednbrown
Okay, he opens himself up to testing. I don't much care for the dude either, but he is a Brown and I might even buy his jersey, I don't know why some of you want to hammer him into the ground. Let him play ball first.

well he went to what collage? rofl

i dont see anyone hammering him.

W
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
W
It's ridiculous that some people want to allude to "facts", however, the amount of negative SPECULATION seems to run rampant when agenda's are concerned.

FACT: A dilluted sample means there was no definative result that says one way or the other that he was positive or over hydrated.

FACT: He is now on NFL stage 1 of there policy because of this dilluted sample.

FACT: He didn't sign a participation agreement and missed 1 practice on the field but obviously didn't miss the class room or other rookie activitys.

SPECULATION: He was drugged out of his mind and had to hurry and cover it up at the combine.

SPECULATION: He must have tested for something of substance to be on the NFL stage 1.

SPECULATION: He missed his first practice cus he is still using from the combine and he is gonna be Josh Gordon and never play for us thus being a bust.

It cracks me up when I see and hear about how dismissive posters on this board are when people don't state facts, yet everything you read are opinions and expert analysis on subjects most are unqualified to make. I fall in that category aswell I am by and far not an expert unless it comes to construction but the holier than thou attitudes are laughable.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
You don't see the constant belittling of a player, (also with no proof) as not hammering. Ok carry on. I'm done with you

Last edited by bleednbrown; 05/13/17 11:45 AM.

#GMSTRONG

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Mary Kay Cabot‏Verified account @MaryKayCabot 23m23 minutes ago
More
#Browns Jabrill Peppers says signing agreement today had nothing to do w/ drug testing. "Don't know why you guys think of me that way"

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Mary Kay Cabot‏Verified account @MaryKayCabot 9m9 minutes ago
More
#Browns Jabrill Peppers said he stressed to his agents how much he wanted to sign agreement & practice today. Hue Jax urged him to do so

G
Rookie
Rookie
G

Kizer rhymes with Kosar.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
It's ridiculous that some people want to allude to "facts", however, the amount of negative SPECULATION seems to run rampant when agenda's are concerned.

You sure learned how to insult posters real quick. Who called you out? Which posters?

I saw posters offering their opinions w/out attacking or belittling other posters.......then you and bleed have to go and make things personal.

Do you think you can defend Peppers w/out belittling other posters?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
well he signed and for me that's an important step... so I can give him some benefit of doubt.

To me he is in the show me stage.... I will not rag on him as long as he stays clean for the next 90,.. I am hoping he will, but ...meh 'nuff said

#gmstrong

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
nah Vers, most can't disagree without making it personal, I rarely respond to them as its just a waste of time.

At least when you and I disagree its about the issue not the poster, but that's the way things are... pity

#gmstrong

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Who's making things personal? I just think we need to give a Player ( A rookie at that) the benefit of the doubt on this.
There is no proof what so ever and the media just runs with what ever comes down the pike. I would like to think we all can be adults about this.

#GMSTRONG

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
actually I am just concerned that PBlack and me are on the same side of the issue, poke

That may be a first

#gmstrong

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
actually I am just concerned that PBlack and me are on the same side of the issue, poke

That may be a first

lol

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Peppers Begins in Stage One

Link Copied to Clipboard