Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
V
Legend
Legend
V
Scheft is very good. Not sure about the other rag. What are "intriguing pieces?" Intriguing how? Just how many drops they have? Whether Payton will have more suspensions that catches? Will Coleman have more injuries that TDs? I guess that is all "intriguing." smirk

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
And hey, they may also finally be admitting that Coleman is not a #1:

Quote:
no proven depth behind new No. 1 Kenny Britt.

brownie

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Sashi and company should at the very least do their "due diligence" and etc.

Love that Schefter is reporting it too, you can actually maybe buy into the story a little.

I agree

[Linked Image]

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
we could do worse. Bring him an see if he can help. That's not a far reach either.

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Coach Hue Jackson on Browns reportedly showing interest in free-agent receiver Jeremy Maclin: ‘That’s a good thing’

http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/coach-...-thing-1.772397

BEREA: Coach Hue Jackson likes the idea of the Browns pursuing Jeremy Maclin, the best wide receiver on the open market.

Jackson’s preference doesn’t mean they’ll sign Maclin, but it supports the logic that the Browns must at least kick the tires on a player of his caliber at a position of need.

The Kansas City Chiefs shocked the rest of the NFL by cutting Maclin on Friday.

ESPN reported he had been scheduled to visit the Buffalo Bills on Tuesday with plans to meet with the Baltimore Ravens on Wednesday.

The Browns and Philadelphia Eagles also have expressed some interest, per the report.

Jackson was asked Tuesday after the seventh practice of organized team activities whether the Browns have inquired about Maclin, whose release saved the Chiefs $10 million in salary-cap space.

“I think that’s a good thing, if we did,” Jackson said. “I don’t know much about that, but to have an opportunity, one thing I know about our group is we’re going to continue to look at ways to improve our football team. I’ve said that numerous times, and I give [head of football operations] Sashi [Brown] a lot of credit for that.

“I think we’re always out there looking. If there’s a player available, then we’re going to take a peek at him and see if he can help our football team.”

Maclin, 29, had 44 catches for 536 yards and two touchdowns in 12 games last season. He missed four with a groin injury.

The previous two seasons, he had 87 catches for 1,088 yards and eight touchdowns with the Chiefs after they signed him to a five-year, $55 million contract in 2015 and 85 catches for 1,318 yards and 10 touchdowns in 2014, his final year with the Eagles.

Free-agent acquisition Kenny Britt and Corey Coleman, the 15th overall pick in last year’s draft, are the Browns’ projected starting receivers, but they’re dealing with injuries.

Britt has practiced in OTAs, a team spokesman said, but not in the three sessions open to media.

Asked if he’s battling a major injury, Britt said, “No, not at all. It’s just the schedule they’ve got me on right now, and I’m pretty sure it’s going to change.”

Coleman hasn’t practiced since May 24, when he caught a pass, fell awkwardly on the ball and absorbed cornerback Jason McCourty landing on him. Jackson has said Coleman might not practice June 13-15 during mandatory minicamp, meaning he’ll likely be shut down until training camp starts in late July.

The injuries have created more uncertainty at one of the most unproven positions on a team that went 1-15 this past season.

“We have had Corey a little bit, we’ve had Kenny more, so there’s things that I want to make sure that they understand and know the foundation and what we’re doing,” Jackson said. “Corey probably more so than Kenny right now cause Corey’s been here, he knows the language and understands it. Kenny, it’s important that he’s out there as much as he’s been because he needs to make sure he understands how to do things. I think the group, once we get them all back, get them healthy, I think we’ll represent ourselves well.”

Still, reinforcements would be welcomed.

Britt, 28, is coming off the most productive season of his eight-year NFL career. He had 68 catches for 1,002 yards and five touchdowns with the Los Angeles Rams before the Browns signed him to a four-year, $32.5 million contract in March to brace for the eventual departure of leading receiver Terrelle Pryor in free agency.

Coleman, 22, had a disappointing rookie season, compiling 33 catches for 413 yards and three touchdowns in 10 games and missing the other six with a broken hand.

“[Coleman] was having a great OTAs [before his injury],” Britt said. “This was my first time actually getting to see him practice out there on the field to tell you the truth, and he’s a great complement to any other guy that’s on the other side. Regardless of who’s at quarterback, he’s out there making plays.”

That’s good to hear because Jackson has challenged Coleman to ascend to the team’s lead receiver. But the bottom line is Coleman has yet to stay healthy.

The Browns’ only other receivers of note are the three they drafted last year: Ricardo Louis (fourth round), Jordan Payton (fifth) and Rashard Higgins (fifth).

Louis, 23, had 18 catches for 205 yards. Higgins, 22, had six catches for 77 yards. They played in all 16 games. Payton, 23, played in four and had 1 catch for 3 yards. The NFL suspended him for four games for violating its policy on performance-enhancing drugs.

So can they make the leap after combing for a mere 25 catches for 285 yards?

“They don’t look like rookies out there on the practice field,” Britt said. “I know a game is different than practice, but those guys have come along. I watch them. I learn from them each and every day, how they get off the line of scrimmage, how they study in the classroom. They actually help me out with the playbook. So those guys, you can’t really tell they were rookies last year because those guys came along.”

But not enough for the Browns to not be interested in Maclin.

“Don’t know Jeremy personally. All I know is that we got drafted in the same year,” Britt said. “But if they do bring him in, we’ll welcome him with open arms like they welcomed me.”

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
maybe Eric Decker? he was just released

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
maybe Eric Decker? he was just released

Basically any veteran who is not washed up will help us at the wide receiver position.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Eric Decker was released? Are you kidding me?

Man, the Jets are the new Browns.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
apparently the Jets are taking us to the woodshed this year.

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
V
Legend
Legend
V
They are a mess!

Legend
Legend
Decker is returning from a couple of injuries, but I would still take a look at him.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You get your choice of Decker or Macklin
Assuming both are healthy and willing to sign for the same contract, who do you pick?

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Jester
Assuming both are healthy and willing to sign for the same contract, who do you pick?

I prefer Decker for his size.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Let me guess. You interpreted my post as a personal attack against you and if I respond, you will say I started it?

Yep that was it...read much. you gave some stats inresponse to a poster stating Devalve will be a surprise. Like that actually means anything putting up his rookie year stats when its well known that he was not the starter.

It was not an insult it was a difference of opinion to your post but once again you have to make it personal...your hate to me is amazing. So how bout responding to my opinion that your near sighted view is wrong...instead of this personal BS.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
V
Legend
Legend
V
Talking football, again?

V
Legend
Legend
V

Either one would provide a huge upgrade to our WR corps.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Talking football, again?

still waiting for a football response from you but you chose to side track to another hate post...smh grow up

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: eotab
Talking football, again?

still waiting for a football response from you but you chose to side track to another hate post...smh grow up

Well .. u ignoring his personal insults and sticking to football didn't last long ... superconfused

Come on bro ... u can do this ... please tabber ... U GOT THIS BRO ...

D
Legend
Legend
D
Guess I'd go with Macklin since he was only hurt last year and Decker has missed time the last two years ...

Witch ones younger? ..

I actually like decker more ... but he's hurt every year it seems ...

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: eotab
Talking football, again?

Here we go again w/you playing the victim and calling me the bully.

I made a slew of football posts on this thread. I posted early and often on how good Maclin is and how he could help us.

I did not make one comment towards you. I posted Devalve's stats in response to peen saying that Cal was underestimating Devalve. You jumped in and insulted me.

Now, you are claiming you are the victim and I am the bully. rofl

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Guess I'd go with Macklin since he was only hurt last year and Decker has missed time the last two years ...

Witch ones younger? ..

Maclin by a year or less.

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V
How did I insult him?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Sashi and company should at the very least do their "due diligence" and etc.

Love that Schefter is reporting it too, you can actually maybe buy into the story a little.

It never, ever, in a million years will hurt to look at a guy to see if he fits.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
E
Legend
Legend
E
yeah you are right I should not lower myself I will try better.

Maclin 5/11/88 29 years old

2016 NFL Groin
Maclin injured his groin during midweek practice and missed 2 games. He tried to play but re-aggravated it and missed 2 more.

2015 NFL Head
Maclin hit his head hard on the turf after being tackled in week 6 and had to leave the game. He missed the following week

2014 NFL Leg
Maclin was held out of a large portion of the preseason with a hamstring injury

2013 NFL Knee
Maclin tore his same right ACL that he tore in college. He is out for 2013

2012 NFL Hip
Jeremy Maclin was dealing with a right hip flexor strain and hip pointer injuries that occurred during the game with Ravens and left the game

2011 NFL Leg
Jeremy Maclin left the game against the Giants due to a hamstring injury.

2011 NFL Shoulder
Jeremy Maclin had a right shoulder sprain he suffered in the loss to the Cardinals. He didn't return to the game and missed one game after.

2008 College Ankle
Maclin strained his Peroneal tendon on his left ankle during a contest with Illinois and didn?t return to the game.

2007 College Shoulder
WR Maclin had a bruise on his shoulder and left the game vs. Texas Tech.

2006 College Knee
Jeremy Maclin tore his ACL on his right knee in the offseason practice and underwent surgery. He missed all twelve games.

Kenny Britt 9/19/88 28 years old.
No major injuries.

17th game of 2016 was only game he was listed as Doubtful as well as a couple of questionable games from 2016 thigh injuries games 4 & 5.

Outside of that only his third season was he questionable in game 4 with neck & rib injuries.

Eric Decker 3/15/87 30 years old

2016 NFL Shoulder
Decker injured his shoulder in Week 3 action and it progressively got worse throughout the week. Has partially torn rotator cuff.

2015 NFL Knee
Decker hurt his knee in the week 2 win over the Colts. It was iagnosed as a mild PCL sprain. He missed the following game

2014 NFL Leg
Decker aggravated a hamstring injury he suffered during the preseason and had to leave the week 2 tilt against the Packers

2011 NFL Knee
Decker suffered an sprain of his MCL - he left the game and missed the next regular game this season.

2010 NFL Ankle
Eric Decker hurt his left ankle during practice.

2010 NFL Foot
Eric Decker had a foot issue, it was said that Decker suffered a foot sprain in the early preseason training

2010 NFL Foot
Decker was suffering from a Lisfranc sprain (torn ligament) in his left foot and underwent surgery on February.

2009 College Foot
Eric Decker had undergone left surgery on his Lisfranc injury he sustained against Ohio Bobcats and had to miss the game.

2008 College Ankle
Decker suffered a high ankle sprain in a game vs. Michigan Wolverines, he left the game and later missed another.

I think Maclin has had the most wear and tear on his body...not sure how Decker's recovery has gone on his rotator cuff by all reports I read he is cleared to play.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

D
Legend
Legend
D
How did I insult him?

I'm here to talk football, learn and have fun ... u think I'm getting sucked in to this crap ... NOT A SHOT ... your posse's already big enough .. rofl ..

Tabber opened the door to ignoring your non football posts ... i tried to keep him focused on his goal ... we'll see how long it lasts ...

U GOT THIS TABBER ... thumbsup

I'll reply to your football posts ... don't expect me to sucked in to this crap ...

Now go ahead and tell me what an ass i am and how wrong i am and to stay out of it ... i have broad shoulders .. i can handle it w/o feeling the need to respond ... thumbsup

D
Legend
Legend
D
Guess Decker's more durable than i thought ..

Can i change my mind now that i am INFORMED ... *L* ...

I'd take Decker ...

The Jets are going to try and trade him ... if they can't .. he will be released very very soon ...

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Re: Maclin

Quote:
“I think that’s a good thing, if we did,’‘ Jackson told reporters. “I don’t know much about that, but to have an opportunity, one thing I know about our group is we’re going to continue to look at ways to improve our football team.

http://nfltraderumors.co/afc-notes-browns-colts-jaguars/

Seems like a HC that's been given MORE power with personnel matters, huh?

Tackles are tackles.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
j/c:

Quote:
“I think that’s a good thing, if we did,’‘ Jackson told reporters. “I don’t know much about that, but to have an opportunity, one thing I know about our group is we’re going to continue to look at ways to improve our football team.

I was thinking the opposite.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Guess Decker's more durable than i thought ..

Can i change my mind now that i am INFORMED ... *L* ...

I'd take Decker ...

The Jets are going to try and trade him ... if they can't .. he will be released very very soon ...

Like, we need to acquire him. Decker would be a huge asset to our WR core. However, this increases our chances of being able to acquire him or Maclin.

Legend
Legend
Decker, I think.

But if they can get off the bench without injuring themselves, fog a mirror, and catch, then they can help us out at WR. Either would be a plus IMO.

If Pryor is reinstated, can he be designated to the PS? Or do we need to cut somebody at roster limit if set to "free" him from the NFL. Just been thinking how awkward later if he is allowed to go out and play.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
If Pryor is reinstated, can he be designated to the PS? Or do we need to cut somebody at roster limit if set to "free" him from the NFL. Just been thinking how awkward later if he is allowed to go out and play.

Gordon? And no.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
j/c:

Quote:

I was thinking the opposite.

Me too. That's how I tried to come across. Clearly, a fail by me.

Tackles are tackles.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Offer a 5th rounder for Deck.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

Either? Both?

I really like Decker. He is a big receiver with great range. He has had major injuries, but if he's healthy, I think he would help a lot.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Jeremy Maclin - WR - Free Agent

Free agent Jeremy Maclin's visit with the Bills has spilled over into Wednesday.
Marlin arrived in Buffalo early Tuesday and was initially expected to visit the Ravens on Wednesday. Instead, he's being showed around town by former teammate LeSean McCoy and QB Tyrod Taylor, who are putting on the recruiting hats and trying to keep Maclin from leaving town without a contract. We should know something on this front by the end of the day, one way or another.

Related: Bills

Source: buffalobills.com Jun 7 - 11:24 AM

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Free agent Jeremy Maclin's visit with the Bills has spilled over into Wednesday.

A solid sign that a contract with the Bills is a lock...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
M
Legend
Legend
M
He's heading to Baltimore now, allegedly.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Jeremy Maclin to visit Ravens after Bills meetup

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...er-bills-meetup

Legend
Legend
even if he doesn't intend to listen to the Ravens at all, it would have been foolish to not make the visit. If nothing else, it may cause the Bills to panic a little and maybe make a rash offer.

Ideally, he then plays it out further and visits the cash-flush Browns and we knock his socks off wink

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I'd prefer he came here first, but that's just me... :-p

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Chiefs Release WR Jeremy Maclin

Link Copied to Clipboard