Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
I am back to playing Spiderman on PS4. I stopped playing when I got AC Odyssey.

I will probably play this until Madden comes out.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
When does Madden come out?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown

I really don't care. Thanks

W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
If you get the Limited Edition version you get access on 7-30, if you buy the standard version, you get it 8-2.

W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
J/C

I finished the Spiderman storyline - man what a good and fun game to play. I recommend it highly.

I will be playing the side missions and such when I can here on out,

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Anyone play Final Fantasy 14? The new expansion is amazing. Never thought I'd play a MMO again after quitting WoW years ago, but 14 is miles ahead.

W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: cle23
Anyone play Final Fantasy 14? The new expansion is amazing. Never thought I'd play a MMO again after quitting WoW years ago, but 14 is miles ahead.
I never really got into games like that myself.

I get the appeal, its just my cup of tea.

W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
J/C

I heard they are releasing Shenmue III. I am beyond ecstatic for this game!

W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
J/C

No love for Baker on the madden ratings - 83 overall.

Ward is an 88 and Chubb 85.

Link

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: JulesDawg

I love that game. So much to do and so much fun.

Didn’t you and I race each other in Mario Kart online years ago? Haha. I think it was you. I think your are one of the few others on here who like Nintendo.

Yes we did! Yeah I typically don't get a response on my Nintendo posts. The Wii is what got me back into Nintendo, before that the last Nintendo console I had played was the SNES. I love the Switch, now having kids it's great being able to play anywhere in the house or off-screen when the kids are watching a show.

Eat it Phil...
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
I never really got into games like that myself.

I get the appeal, its just my cup of tea.

My brother and a couple buddies play, so I decided to try it out a while back. At the time, it was free to level up to 35 with all classes. After doing that for a while I signed up and haven't stopped since. I don't play a ton, but it doesn't finish you for it like WoW seemed to.

W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
J/C

Pre-Ordered Madden.

I cant let the first year in my madden life we are good be the year I don't buy it.

W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
Madden has released if you had the more expensive version.

I was playing a bit last night before I went to bed, so and the early returns are pretty good, I must say.

Noticeable first are the graphics. The players a little sleeker, the colors a little more vibrant, and the animations are very well done. Snow games, you can see each and every step on the snow covered field.

Second was gameplay and gameplay speed. They players move faster - very noticeable as soon as you field the first kick. With that, player speed ratings ACTUALLY make a difference. Gone are the days of a LB chasing down a guy like OBJ from behind.

Defensive is more realistic. A few times early, I threw a ball thinking the LB was going to bat it down, or make an INT as they would normally in last years game. Nope. This year LB don't have super moves or are able to jump any ball they like with speed of a rocket.

Passing - the passing is much improved as well. Ball speeds and throw types are more realistic, and players arm strength comes into play more than ever.

Running - with the limited game play, I felt it was a little easier to run, but you didn't get as many "chunk" plays. In last years game, far too often I would run and get 1 yard. 1 yard. -1 yard. 2 yards. then I would bust a 30 yard run. then a 15 yard run. then a 1 yard. etc. This year, it seems to me you will get more 3-5 yard runs, then no gain and negative runs.

QB1 Franchise Mode - I dabbled with this a little bit. Ehhhhhh, I think it could be something good, but I just don't like the story mode etc. They are still lacking behind 2K in this regard to their MyPlayer. But its def. better than last years version when you play that guy from some bum HS and work your way through like a movie.

Franchise - I didn't notice too much difference with the Franchise mode. But I will admit I only jumped it and looked at it. I did not start a Franchise mode yet.

Overall - I am VERY optimistic with this game. I think it has all the potential to be the best Madden game in a LONGGGGG TIME. The gameplay and smoothness of the players reactions and speed alone make a huge difference.

Legend
Legend
J/C

I finished the Spiderman storyline - man what a good and fun game to play. I recommend it highly.

Great freaking game! I got 100% on that one and it was worth every minute. I didn't do the DLC because I read that it wasn't all that much extra gaming. I had already moved on to a new game so I never bought it. Yeah, I recommend it highly too. I hope they release a 2nd one next year.

Switch owners - I downloaded Super Blood Hockey yesterday. Holy crap it's a blast. Sure, it's a copy of the old NES Ice Hockey with tons of blood, but there are challenges & tournaments. Great fun for $7 (I had a $35 gift card to the Nintendo Shop).

I also downloaded Super Street Fighter IV on my PS4 a week back. Damn, it's so good. I can beat the computer on normal with ~10 characters. I'd probably get destroyed online. It's fun learning the moves and pulling off a super combo finisher.

I was into Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for a while, but man that game just grinds my gears. I've had to rage quit a few times trying to get gold on the 200cc circuit. The logic to punish the guy in first place is maddening sometimes.

I might buy the new Madden when it drops to $29 or cheaper. I used to play Madden and the NCAA game so much back in the day. I got burnt out. It's hard to get back into that. Plus, I have so many games I can play for 5, 10 or 15 minutes. A football game is a bit of investment. We'll see...

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
J/C

Great freaking game! I got 100% on that one and it was worth every minute. I didn't do the DLC because I read that it wasn't all that much extra gaming. I had already moved on to a new game so I never bought it. Yeah, I recommend it highly too. I hope they release a 2nd one next year.

Switch owners - I downloaded Super Blood Hockey yesterday. Holy crap it's a blast. Sure, it's a copy of the old NES Ice Hockey with tons of blood, but there are challenges & tournaments. Great fun for $7 (I had a $35 gift card to the Nintendo Shop).

I also downloaded Super Street Fighter IV on my PS4 a week back. Damn, it's so good. I can beat the computer on normal with ~10 characters. I'd probably get destroyed online. It's fun learning the moves and pulling off a super combo finisher.

I was into Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for a while, but man that game just grinds my gears. I've had to rage quit a few times trying to get gold on the 200cc circuit. The logic to punish the guy in first place is maddening sometimes.

I might buy the new Madden when it drops to $29 or cheaper. I used to play Madden and the NCAA game so much back in the day. I got burnt out. It's hard to get back into that. Plus, I have so many games I can play for 5, 10 or 15 minutes. A football game is a bit of investment. We'll see...
This is an issue and Madden has tried to address this. You can play Key Moments (about a 20 min game), offense only, or defense only, along with a full game.

The Key moments is cool, it will allow you control key drives, or if the AI is driving on you take over the def and try to stop them. might be an avenue for you.

W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
ughhh, sold my playstation last night. man, I didn't really think it was going to be so hard - I know that seems weird, but let me explain.

I got this the day it came out. It was the first xmas present my wife bought me as a married couple (yes it came out in November - but it counted as my xmas gift smile ).

I spent HOURS playing when my nephews would come over and spend the night at my house. WE would play COD all night, eating pizza and snacks, chugging Mt. Dew lol.

When my son was born, I was laid off from work. I spent the first 4 months as a stay at home dad, but I also was the night watchman. So when he would wake up or need fed throughout the night, I would hold him in my arms playing Mad Max and Madden 16. I have pictures of him as old as 8 months holding a DualShock controller wearing my headset.

I remember my brother buying the VR system when it first came out and I ran over his house with my wife, and the second she played it (she despises video games), she looked at me and said, "ughhh, go get one" (any expense over 200.00 we discuss with each other - just our little rule).

Maybe its the whole moving process for me (we are selling our home and decluttering), but man I had a little frog in my throat explaining how to sync the controllers to the system.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Punch, I downloaded FirePro for PC yesterday, and you can download high quality user created wrestlers. I’ve got all the current WWE guys, the old ones, WCW, and AEW.

Anyone been playing Mario Maker 2? The courses are a great challenge!

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S

I play 14. The shadowbringer story was great. Being an mmo, I feel they've done a decent job of allowing people to catch up if you don't play all the time. You can be hardcore and keep up with everything or play as you have time. With a gear reset every 8-9 months, you don't have a huge grind to play catch up if you take a break.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
I also bought a switch last year just for mario kart. Links awakening coming out for the switch in September.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Legend
Legend
What are your opinion of Mario Kart on there? I was thinking about doing the same

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
Punch, I downloaded FirePro for PC yesterday, and you can download high quality user created wrestlers. I’ve got all the current WWE guys, the old ones, WCW, and AEW.

Anyone been playing Mario Maker 2? The courses are a great challenge!

Yeah, it's a blast downloading all the 80's wrestlers. I also created a character and went through the whole story mode, it was cool. The challenges are hard (some are impossible).

I've wanted MM2, but we'll see.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
What are your opinion of Mario Kart on there? I was thinking about doing the same

IMO, it's a great but frustrating game. If you're going to be playing with other people, it's a blast. If you're going to be playing against the computer to "gold" all the CC classes, you make break your controller.

Goodness, their rubberband logic is amazingly unfair. And a few of those rainbow road courses are freaking impossible on 200CC. I fall off every other turn.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Love it. The online feature can be full of cheaters, but still fun.

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S

Legend
Legend
Maybe it's my inner geek and that I played the tar out of this ages ago, but I think this is quite cool. I'm not saying I'd attempt it or watch live on Twitch, but when a record is set, I'll take notice. This happened a few weeks back.

[Linked Image]

S
Legend
Legend
S
I've been playing a bunch of retro games lately. I added a bunch of different consoles and games to my raspberry pi.

The old Zelda games are so awesome. Link to the Past on SNES is a top 5 game all time for me, any console new or old.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
They added this to the SNES Online on the Switch recently. I started to play but then Links Awakening got released and I have been on that. Once I complete that Id like to go back and play Link to the Past.

Eat it Phil...
S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: brownsfan2119
They added this to the SNES Online on the Switch recently. I started to play but then Links Awakening got released and I have been on that. Once I complete that Id like to go back and play Link to the Past.

it holds up really well

i know eventually there is going to be official emulation on the nintendo 64 whether it be through the switch or via a classic console, and i know i'm going to be heartbroken when ocarina of time does not hold up as well, because i dumped so many hours into that game, and it never got old

W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
J/C

Any reviews on the new COD? I didn't buy last years game at all because there was no campaign, and I have not purchased this year's version yet. I am still debating on getting it now, or just waiting.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Has any one played Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order?

W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Squires
Has any one played Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order?
I was actually going to ask that myself.

I did get the new COD, I love it.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Just finished Ace Combat... pretty fun game

I am now starting God of War. I am slowly getting through my backlog.

I think if i actually catch up, I may replay Horizon Zero Dawn. That may be my favorite ps4 game to date.

W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn

I think if i actually catch up, I may replay Horizon Zero Dawn. That may be my favorite ps4 game to date.
I still haven't got around to buying Ace Combat. I want to so bad, just haven't had the time, and COD has taken up all my gaming as of late.

S
Legend
Legend
S

I still haven't got around to buying Ace Combat. I want to so bad, just haven't had the time, and COD has taken up all my gaming as of late.

If you are a fan of the series, it's a must-have. You get 20 fun missions and a ton of planes, and tons of perks to add to your planes.

It was honestly refreshing to see a game that didn't constantly bug you about buying extra stuff on top of the game you already paid for. I'm not saying there isn't any there, but I didn't really look and it wasn't shoved in my face, which I appreciate. I know that is a rarity these days with games always trying to siphon more money out of you after you have spent your money on the game.

W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W

If you are a fan of the series, it's a must-have. You get 20 fun missions and a ton of planes, and tons of perks to add to your planes.

It was honestly refreshing to see a game that didn't constantly bug you about buying extra stuff on top of the game you already paid for. I'm not saying there isn't any there, but I didn't really look and it wasn't shoved in my face, which I appreciate. I know that is a rarity these days with games always trying to siphon more money out of you after you have spent your money on the game.
You've sold me. I was going to get it for PS4 because I had the VR, but my PS4 was giving me a little issues, so I ended up selling it because I have a Xbox one s that's only two years old. Ill get PS5 next year smile

But not having VR for it was holding me back a bit, as I literally kept VR JUST FOR THAT GAME, but finally I said - ehhh, time to get rid of it.

Hoping they really take some leaps with VR on the 5, because it has so much potential.

Illhave to put AC on my xmas list

S
Legend
Legend
S
Yeah I could see AC in VR being ridiculous.

I picked up a few games the last few weeks, because the prices were so tough to pass up. I got Yakuza 0 and Dishonored 2 for about 30 bucks total.

I also picked up the complete version of Horizon Zero Dawn for ten bucks, to give to my nephew. He's just getting into video games and I think he'd love the gameplay for it.

I am enjoying God of War. Better than I thought it would be. I love the RPG elements they have added.

I really can't wait to get into Yakuza 0, that series has been one of my favorites. I really wish there was backwards compatibility, because I have pretty much every game in the series and those earlier ones on ps2 and ps3 were so damn good.

W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W

I picked up a few games the last few weeks, because the prices were so tough to pass up. I got Yakuza 0 and Dishonored 2 for about 30 bucks total.

I also picked up the complete version of Horizon Zero Dawn for ten bucks, to give to my nephew. He's just getting into video games and I think he'd love the gameplay for it.

I am enjoying God of War. Better than I thought it would be. I love the RPG elements they have added.

I really can't wait to get into Yakuza 0, that series has been one of my favorites. I really wish there was backwards compatibility, because I have pretty much every game in the series and those earlier ones on ps2 and ps3 were so damn good.
I don't think I ever got into any of those. Don't think I ever played one.

S
Legend
Legend
S

I don't think I ever got into any of those. Don't think I ever played one.

They aren't for everyone, but if you are big into the story of video games, it's for you. The Japanese culture of organized crime has always been pretty interesting to me as well. The gameplay can be kinda repetitive, but there is plenty to do, and there are 6+ games.

They have re-done the first two from the ps2 days, and i believe they cleaned up some of the translation, so you get a good experience. I picked up the first game for like 12 bucks. In January they are releasing updated versions of 3 and 4, and they are adding the 5th game which was never released in the US. I am most definitely going to be buying that day 1. Now I just need time to play all these games, lol.

I would definitely check out some videos on youtube. It is maybe my most favorite post ps2 series. Really good stuff. I want to start at Yakuza 0, then go right in order

S
Legend
Legend
S
Wife got me the PSVR for Christmas, she also got me Jedi Fallen Order (which looks amazing)

The VR came with 5 games, including RE7, Everybody's Golf (i have the regular version, it's a great golf game), Skyrim, and 2 other games kinda designed for VR.

I played some demos last night, this is actually cooler than I thought it would be. I did the soccer heading game which was a lot of fun

I don't even know when I am going to start Fallen Order but I can't wait, I have been watching Twitch people play all week, not staying on too long though so I avoid spoilers

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming The Gaming Thread, Part IV

Link Copied to Clipboard