Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I imagine the awesomeness that is Alaska (I'm being sincere, not sarcastic) would kinda wear off after a while, no?

Honest question.

I can’t speak for him but it’s been 19 years that I’ve been in Portland. Seeing Mt Hood on a clear day still makes me smile.

[Linked Image]
S
Legend
Legend
S
Anyone watch that gameplay preview for Cyberpunk 2077? I have not been this excited for a new game in some time. I really hope it is not a letdown

O
Legend
Legend
O
CD Projekt Red is my new favorite studio (now that Bioware is going down the crapper). I've been preordered for this game for forever.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
jc

Flight sim release date is Aug 18.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
I just recently discovered Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition was released on Steam a while back. I played quite a bit years ago(2000ish), and was pretty decent in online play, so I jumped back in to it and to say that I'm getting destroyed is an understatement. People are so much better nowadays, and have learned the optimal way to progress and its crazy if you don't follow a cookie cutter strategy how far behind you get. I'm still having fun, but it's a little sad that everyone plays exactly the same now.

Legend
Legend
It's that way with most any game, and the longer it has been out and unchanged, the more likely it is to happen, which is why the developers continually re-balance games like StarCraft; just to shuffle those strategies.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Don't know if anyone on this board is a fan of the baseball game The Show but one of my favorite YouTubers Matt Antonelli has a baseball channel where he played the game. He's a former baseball player in real life so it makes it more interesting as he can compare it to real life. Seems like a good guy too, so Its a fun channel if you like MLB.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
S
Legend
Legend
S
just bought the show in the ps store sumer sale, 30 bucks. a buddy of mine was selling me on it. Their version of Ultimate is pretty fun with the baseball cards.

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn
Anyone watch that gameplay preview for Cyberpunk 2077? I have not been this excited for a new game in some time. I really hope it is not a letdown

I suck at FPS but I will buy this game, I love everything Cyber Punk so this right up my alley.

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Any StarCraft 2 fans?

I just started playing again. Right now I am Silver 3rd rank, Postion 1 or 2.....

I am still trying to work on my hotkeys, i feel once I can learn my hotkeys I will easy be Gold.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: Lurker
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn

I suck at FPS but I will buy this game, I love everything Cyber Punk so this right up my alley.

I love the release date of 11/19. I am going to be hitting that up all thanksgivin weekend lmao

Legend
Legend
Any StarCraft 2 fans?

I just started playing again. Right now I am Silver 3rd rank, Postion 1 or 2.....

I am still trying to work on my hotkeys, i feel once I can learn my hotkeys I will easy be Gold.

I own it, but only ever play by myself vs the computer, and I only ever both playing as Protoss, and I use the same lame strategy every time that doesn't involve "zerg rushing". I fire it up maybe once a month and play a game or two to kill some time before walking away from it again.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

S
Legend
Legend
S
watched some gameplay of the pga 2k21 game last night, this game looks pretty good, i am in the process of moving right now so i will probably hold off on purchasing, and maybe i can score a deal in the coming weeks.

Man did I need a current gen golf game though. Everybody's Golf is a fantastic game but I need I sim, and this one looks to be the part.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
jc

Images of Cleveland from Flightsim 2020

USS Cod

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
are they going release it or is it going to be delayed yet again? Lol

S
Legend
Legend
S
are they going release it or is it going to be delayed yet again? Lol

pga? it's out!

Looks really good too. I have been watching some twitch streams with it lately. 15 courses is awesome. No Masters/Augusta is a bummer though.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Fall Guys <3

S
Legend
Legend
S
So I finally have a hardwired connection for the ps4 in my new home. I subscribed the the ps plus so i can play games online.

downloaded warzone, and now im hooked, lol

holy crap this game is fun and i am definitely still learning

W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
Anyone score a pre-order for PS5? Im soooo mad. First, the CEO said "gamers will have ample time notice for pre-orders"

a month later, he says, "Pre-orders will be tomorrow!"

5 min after he says THAT, retailers took pre-orders. I had notification setup from Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart, and Sony, and I didn't get a single notification email that pre-orders were being taken.

THEN, Walmart says today at like 5pm EST, that "we will have more Pre-orders at 9pm EST"

Get on there site on my PC, my wifes PC, my phone, my wifes phone, and I even had my MOM at her house trying to get one. I get one in my cart, and click checkout, and then says "we're sorry, this item is sold out".

Really mad about it TBH. They should have sent notifications like they said they would.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I’m gonna pass on getting one till the Horizon sequel comes out.

You got owned by bots, unfortunately. Scalpers set up auto buy botnets. Then they flip the preorder online for double the money.

I dealt with the same nonsense when I was trying to get my Rift S back in March/April. It was straight up nonsense.

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Gonna try to preorder the new xbox for my daughter I think on the 22nd.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Microsoft acquires Zenimax media which includes Bethesda Studios, Id Software, ZeniMax Online, Arkane Studios, Machine Games, Tango Gameworks, Alpha Dog Games, and Roundhouse Studios.

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
New Xbox pre orders start tomorrow at 11:00am, amazon, target, best buy are just 3 of the ones i will be trying to get one at. PS5 pre orders went really quick. I won’t be able to try til 3:00.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Recently changed out my ps4's HDD. got a 2tb on amazon for 60 bucks.

Pretty awesome, i am going to load so much of my backlog on this thing lol

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
New Call of Duty, Cold War is out. I’ve got the cross-gen version so with my Xbox I can play with playstation players. Anybody wants to play my gamertag is BeerFrenchy. Not very good but I enjoy playing it.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Not a preorder guy but I am gonna pay for cyberpunk 2077 so it’s ready to go when I’m off work tomorrow !

O
Legend
Legend
O
Picking it up later today, after I'm done with work (I have to be productive, so I'm going to hold off on going to get it until I finish these tasks).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I broke down and pre-ordered it, too. Now I just need to fix the tv the system is hooked up to or rearrange things so I'll actually be able to play it.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
CP77 Background: Transphobia, Crunch, and Tonedeaf Messaging

Highly encourage all of you to click the link and read.

I will not be buying this game.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I bought it because I wanted to support a studio that still takes the time and effort to make good games vs shoveling crap out of the door to make a deadline.

That said, I have been becoming more and more leery of the game as more and more bad press keeps coming out (many of it CDPR's own doing... as is mentioned in the article).

I preordered forever ago and picked it up today, so we'll see how it is. I hesitate to weigh in at all on the topic as I don't feel I have enough understanding of the offended party's perspective, but a lot of the criticism seems over the top. I'm not saying that the trans community should simply be happy that they're trying, but I think the criticism should be more productive. I feel like whenever a game studio or other content creator tries to push things in a more progressive direction, they never quite get it "right", or it's never enough for somebody and they're the target of a full-scale attack.

That's where I am right now, but I reserve the right to get smarter once I've started in on the game and can start to form more informed opinions.

-PrplPplEater
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Playing the new Call of Duty online, Ive got my kills/death ratio to 0.97, it has never been higher. Got almost 24 hours played so far. Gonna put some serious work in this weekend and get it over 1.00.

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Well after putting in a lot of work, got K/D ratio to 1.05. My daughter puts me to shame. She went 50 kills, 9 deaths in a game of Team Deathmatch. I was amazed watching her play.

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Got my K/D ratio to 1.09, amazing for me

S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
CP77 Background: Transphobia, Crunch, and Tonedeaf Messaging

Highly encourage all of you to click the link and read.

I will not be buying this game.

I don't completely agree with the article. Some of the things that were said by CDPR in the past are definitely crappy. But taking issue with the artwork? Why? I don't think there's anything wrong with it. That's basically how people dress in the game.

As far as the game goes... For those not following, PS4 versions of the game have been pulled from the ps store. This game was clearly not ready to go. They offered up refunds for those who wanted it.

I am not really that mad about it. I know they will fix the game over time. I've got about 5-6 hours into it so far and have encountered very small bugs. nothing major

Not a bad though so far. Still kind of exploring Night City

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I didn’t quite understand much till I listened and read the perspectives from individuals in the LGBTQIA+ community. CDPR fetishized trans individuals for the game and marketing. The artwork and advertisement of the “mix it up” individual was portrayed by a straight guy.

There a ton more information on the situation. PM me if you want some more reading on this.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm nitpicking and getting away from the larger point, but alas...

I don't think I'll ever understand the (fake) outrage behind when someone outside a certain demographic is used to act/portray that demographic.

-PrplPplEater
S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I'm nitpicking and getting away from the larger point, but alas...

I don't think I'll ever understand the (fake) outrage behind when someone outside a certain demographic is used to act/portray that demographic.

The fake outrage we see today because a certain race, gender, disability, etc... isn't played by someone who fits that in real life, is hilarious to me

I don't really get it. I don't think that is some kind of discrimination. Hank Azaria stopped doing Apu. Why? He went on for THREE DECADES doing that voice and I don't ever remember people complaining.

Like I said, the artwork doesn't bother me. It's art. It's supposed to be whatever the hell you want.

I do have a problem with some of the comments that CDPR employees/communication has made in the past. Everyone plays video games. I believe the trans community is huge there. So it's kind of crappy that some, who may have even been excited for the game, had to read and see that kind of stuff.

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

O
Legend
Legend
O

LET'S GOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Last edited by oobernoober; 02/02/21 02:13 PM.

-PrplPplEater
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming The Gaming Thread, Part IV

Link Copied to Clipboard