Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Legend
Legend
R
Does anyone know who Bitonio and Tretter were talking about in this episode? Was it Schobert?

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Building the Browns 2019: The Preseason Comes to an End (Ep. 12)

In this episode of Building the Browns, the scouting and coaching staffs prepare to shape the roster before the regular season begins. The team wraps up the final games of preseason against Tampa Bay and Detroit. From high-flying one-handed catches to hard hitting mic'd ups, you'll get an inside look at how Freddie and company are striving to become better every day.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
D'ernest Johnson segment was touching. Him calling teams lets you know he's hungry, and I respect his courage for doing whatever it took to get an opportunity.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
Latest episode was posted ... interesting moment at the end during the final minute against Tennessee ... Malcolm Brown approaches Jarvis Landry and (not in a taunting way at all) just states “Wow, you guys have no heart at all on your team”

As a player/competitor, that’s one of the worst things to hear.

We’ll see how much heart we have Monday night.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Latest episode was posted ... interesting moment at the end during the final minute against Tennessee ... Malcolm Brown approaches Jarvis Landry and (not in a taunting way at all) just states “Wow, you guys have no heart at all on your team”

That fits with what we thought we saw with our eyes ...that the team rolled over.

Absolutely damning to hear from a competitor you are competing against.

This really stings. I thought this type of crap was in the rear view. I thought we were building a tough hard nosed team with leaders who have competitive fire. I mean that's all we hear about Baker is how competitive he is. It's either not true or it's not permeating to the rest of the team. These guys just don't appear to be mentally tough.

We will find out what this team is made of on Monday. This is a must win.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

That fits with what we thought we saw with our eyes ...that the team rolled over.

Absolutely damning to hear from a competitor you are competing against.

This really stings. I thought this type of crap was in the rear view. I thought we were building a tough hard nosed team with leaders who have competitive fire. I mean that's all we hear about Baker is how competitive he is. It's either not true or it's not permeating to the rest of the team. These guys just don't appear to be mentally tough.

We will find out what this team is made of on Monday. This is a must win.
well said ... I feel this way as well

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

In this episode of Building the Browns, the 2019 Cleveland Browns prepare for the first game of the season against the Titans. After an unfortunate outcome for the home opener, Jarvis Landry emphasizes the importance of coming together as a team after facing adversity. From high-flying one-handed catches to hard hitting mic'd ups, you'll get an inside look at how Freddie and company are striving to become better every day.

#gmSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
Malcolm Brown approaches Jarvis Landry and (not in a taunting way at all) just states “Wow, you guys have no heart at all on your team”

I came away from that game w/several troubling thoughts.

Scheme was one. Lack of discipline was another. Lack of focus was yet another. And perhaps the most important was how we actually gave up when there was a ton of time left in the game.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Having another player say that about us really hurts. If someone said that about me personally whether it's my job or about my life I would be hurt and insulted. This is not a good sign for our Browns. Things need to change immediately.

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Having been in the building trades I realize just how important that permits and inspections are to the quality of the build. It appears someone skipped those steps.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
If the attitude on this team doesn't change the season could go south in a hurry.

Legend
Legend
Yeah, like within the next 3 days ... we lose Monday with these circumstances and it’ll be brutal
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
If the attitude on this team doesn't change the season could go south in a hurry.

Legend
Legend
That’s a good analogy .. we saw a poor game plan and suspect OL when they’re playing one on one. Add that to mental mistakes and a lack of effort .. not a good combo
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
j/c

Having been in the building trades I realize just how important that permits and inspections are to the quality of the build. It appears someone skipped those steps.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

In this episode, the 2019 Cleveland Browns figure out who they are as a team after two big wins on the road and one tough loss at home. Hear from Freddie Kitchens, Todd Monken, and Steve Wilks as they head into week 5 sitting in the driver’s seat of the division. From high-flying one-handed catches to hard hitting mic'd ups, you'll get an inside look at how Freddie and company are striving to become better every day.

#gmSTRONG
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Building the Browns 2019: One Game at a Time (Ep. 15)

In this episode, the Browns end a 4-game losing streak by getting their first win at home versus the Buffalo Bills. It takes hard work and determination, but this young team has the right support staff to help them learn from past mistakes and get better one day at time.

#gmSTRONG
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Building The Browns 2019: Next Man Up (Ep. 16)

The latest edition of #BuildingtheBrowns is with the team after it learns it will finish the 2019 season without DE Myles Garrett. WR Jarvis Landry is mic'd up for his first game against his former team, Miami, and the Browns' unsung heroes on the equipment staff are profiled as the team prepares for its trip to Pittsburgh. Sheldon Richardson is mic'd up during a tough loss to the Steelers and Jamie Gillan wears it for a very special afternoon against the Bengals, which began with his father, Colin, leading the pre-game flyover above FirstEnergy Stadium.

#gmSTRONG
R
Legend
Legend
R
I could not be less excited for another episode of Building the Browns.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
I will not watch anything with building the Browns that does not have Chubb in the cover...

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
So they mic up players for "building the browns" - anyone know if Myles was mic'd up smile

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
I could not be less excited for another episode of Building the Browns.

I will watch every one, and I will continue to watch anything Browns related just like I have my entire life. We should end up with our second best record in 20 years and next year looks to be even better.

DAWG CHANT

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
We should end up with our second best record in 20 years and next year looks to be even better.

What a testament to the ineptitude of this franchise for two decades.

I sometimes forget how low the bar is for many fans and that mediocrity is celebrated as a real accomplishment.

Even Freddie said this:

"It drives me literally crazy that people are happy with 7-8-1," he said, per Ian Rapoport of NFL.com. "I understand that's an improvement, but it's not acceptable."

Legend
Legend
You can always jump on the Buffalo bandwagon. poke

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
You can always jump on the Buffalo bandwagon. poke

Can't, have season tickets to the Browns. Up there every game.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Awesome! Something to watch

Legend
Legend
Awesome! Something to watch

For 1:08, anyway. rofl

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

#Buildingthebrowns returns with a new episode following the hiring of new Head Coach Kevin Stefanski and General Manager Andrew Berry. Get a behind the scenes look of the 2020 NFL Scouting Combine with scout, Adam Al-Khayyal.

#gmSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
Love the poses. They scream............."we're smart." LOL

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Love the poses. They scream............."we're smart." LOL

And confident..LOL

“It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” -Steve Jobs.
M
Legend
Legend
M
I saw JW Johnson within the first two minutes and had to shut it off.

Tackles are tackles.
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
The Bengals 1 and 14 showed more heart
In the last game of the year than the Browns

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper
The Bengals 1 and 14 showed more heart
In the last game of the year than the Browns
There was no doubt about it ... we had zero fight

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
I saw JW Johnson within the first two minutes and had to shut it off.
hes someone I think is an idiot ... and thats just based off of limited exposure to his camera presence and tweets

C
Legend
Legend
C
I don’t know if this is good or not but it is fun to watch.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Building the Browns 2020 Ep. 1 breakdown and review

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2020/04/06/building-the-browns-2020-ep-1-breakdown-and-review/
Tim Torch
28 seconds ago
Episode 1 of Building the Browns 2020 was appropriately titled A New Beginning. In this episode, the Cleveland Browns take us behind the scenes of the initial public reaction to the hiring of head coach Kevin Stefanski and general manager Andrew Berry.

Fast-forwarding past introductions, the Browns personnel immediately spring into action and begin the process of preparing and arriving at the 2020 NFL Combine where they will have their first introduction to the rookie class of 2020.

When do we get to work
When Stefanski is shown his new digs, he immediately says “When do we get to work?” and as we get to know our new coach throughout the episode his intelligence, work ethic, and expectations are made clear. He even shares “this team is going somewhere, and I want to be a part of that.”

We also hear from Paul DePodesta, Cleveland Browns Chief Strategy Officer, talking about his experience interviewing Stefanski. DePodesta reflects on interviewing Stefanski during the 2019 offseason and also talks about how he now had two opportunities to sit down and dive into what Stefanski brings to the table.

A familiar face
Andrew Berry was the next headliner on the Browns’ marquee. It was mentioned he is the youngest general manager in the NFL at 32-years old and his familiarity with the franchise. Above all, Berry’s interview was different than other candidates. Because of his knowledge of the Browns, Berry was asked to answer questions on a deeper level during the interview process.

My favorite quote from this episode, when Berry is addressing Browns personnel, illuminates his approach to management style, “my expectation for everybody in this room is to come to work with a positive attitude and energy every day they enter the building. Those behaviors they don’t start in the fall, those are habits that we form right now.”

Meet the staff
During this episode, we were introduced to key Browns staff.

Dan Zegers, Personnel Coordinator

Megan Rock, Manager, Fan Experience & Special Events

Rob Pavlas, Video Director

Adam Al-Khayyal, Scout

Formal combine visits
There were five players formal player interviews flashing throughout the NFL combine section of the episode.

Adam Trautman, tight end, Dayton

Jalen Hurts, quarterback, Oklahoma/Alabama

Harrison Bryant, tight end, Florida Atlantic

Hunter Bryant, tight end, Washington

CeeDee Lamb, wide receiver, Oklahoma– Lamb was asked during his interview who the best quarterback he ever played with was and his answer was Baker Mayfield.

Review
During the introductions of Kevin Stefanski and Andrew Berry it was obvious what the Browns were trying to convey. The Browns want everyone to know they hired “smart people” who know a lot about football and managing people.

Additionally, it is great to see behind the scenes at the NFL Combine. There is still plenty we don’t know, but the comments by DePodesta and Berry show what they are thinking about. Paul DePodesta mentions how he is sifting through the information that’s relevant and what’s not so relevant to see what matters. Andrew Berry comments on how he is scouting for skillsets that fit within the construct of the offense and defense of Stefanski and Joe Woods. This builds the alignment narrative the Browns are really pushing.

This is exactly what I was expecting to kick things off. The Browns need positive momentum and for the fanbase to see this organization as settled. While this was a puff episode, there was plenty to glean from it as there are obvious obstacles ahead for everyone.

Next week: The coronavirus pandemic and how it is impacting the Cleveland Browns operations.

#gmSTRONG
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

In this episode of #BuildingTheBrowns the Cleveland Browns adapt to life in quarantine as COVID-19 forces everyone to leave Berea. See how Head Coach Kevin Stefanski and his coaching staff get acclimated to working from home, and how Andrew Berry directed his staff through the free agency process. The team takes a look back to it's roots as they unveil their new uniforms. Get a behind the scenes look of the development process along with player reactions to the new look.

#gmSTRONG
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

On this week’s episode of Building the Browns, go behind the scenes as Andrew Berry and his staff get hooked up with the proper technology for the all-virtual 2020 NFL Draft. All three days, which began with the selection of Jedrick Wills Jr. and ended with sixth-rounder Donovan Peoples-Jones, are covered in-depth as the Browns hit on a number of their targets while working collaboratively in the all-digital setting. Also included in this week’s episode is a touching conversation between Jarvis Landry and cancer survivor Fletcher Rollinson -- who introduced commissioner Roger Goodell before the Browns’ selection of Wills -- exclusive footage of Myles Garrett’s trip to Tanzania and a look at Kevin Stefanski’s first virtual team meeting at the start of Cleveland’s offseason program.

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
I know this is fluff but I don't care. I love it.

Nothing is better than when hard work and preparation pays off.

Long ago I was in tenth grade. They had the entire school take a geography test on the capitals in the states and the world. As well as some other geography questions. I studied hard. I even got my friends to study by quizzing each other. I was the only person to get a perfect score. It felt great.

When you see all the work behind the scenes on everyone's part. It is so rewarding to see it pay off. This episode on the virtual draft is all about that.

In many ways that process is what prepares you for life.

Last edited by bonefish; 05/03/20 01:16 PM.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum 2019 Building the Browns

Link Copied to Clipboard