Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
V
Legend
Legend
V
Here is a prediction thread from this forum. I didn't see the main one, but this one is interesting.

https://www.dawgtalkers.net/ubbthreads.ph...ots#Post1654666

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
This was a poll in the K-9 Consensus forum:

Number of Brown's Victories

Only one choice allowed (59 total votes)

0-3 - 1 (2%)
4-6 - 1 (2%)
7-8 - 4 (7%)
9-10 - 28 (47%)
11 - 12 (20%)
12 or more - 13 (22%)

I wonder who was the only guy to predict 4-6?

U can rule me out ... *L* ...

V
Legend
Legend
V
LOL........I remember your prediction. It was 14 and 2.

It was fun seeing you so optimistic after years of not having high expectations.

D
Legend
Legend
D
LOL........I remember your prediction. It was 14 and 2.

It was fun seeing you so optimistic after years of not having high expectations.

Wait til this year ... wink ...

I said it last year .. the season stinks so I’m gonna enjoy the off season ... may as well enjoy what u can ... thumbsup

Legend
Legend
I think last year I had us at 9-7 or 8-8 ... cant really remember. I know I’m pessimistic by nature, but even I didn’t see 6-10 again

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
The new worry I'm starting to have is related to expectations. That was a part (if a small part) of the downfall of last season, but this FO is clearly not in "tank mode". They've been pretty aggressive in FA, especially regarding the offense. Further, if a couple of rumors are to be believed, they might not be done bringing in splashy FAs.

I worry this sets us up for outsized expectations all over again. Though I don't know the inner workings of either coaching staffs, at least on the surface it appears Stefanski is better able to handle the pressure than Freddie. Still, we've seen ridiculous (in hindsight) expectations help to unravel a season.

I don't think expectations will be nearly as high heading in to the next season. I mean, look at what was largely fueling last years hype:

-Baker just set a rookie TD record in less than 16 games
-we all started to see just how special Chubb would be
-we made 2 major acquisitions in OBJ and Hunt.
-The Browns had finished the previous season on an upward trend

Expectations should have been high. Yeah, some got crazy high, but expecting that team to be competing for a playoff spot I think was justified. Had last years team gotten its head out of its butt for the last 5 games, we would have hit that goal. We were certainly capable of it.

Heading in to this year though? I just don't see the same circumstances that could fuel the crazy hype. Conklin is a HUGE signing, but not OBJ huge. I don't follow college ball, but is there anyone coming out of the Draft that if we got them everyone would be like "OMG! I can't believe they got him! This will change everything!" ?

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Browns to begin virtual offseason program under coach Kevin Stefanski on Monday
By Nate Ulrich
Beacon Journal
Posted at 6:47 PM

Kevin Stefanski will finally be allowed to coach the Browns.

But because of the COVID-19 pandemic, his guidance won’t be in person for the foreseeable future or as extensive as it would have been otherwise.

The Browns will begin a virtual offseason program under their new head coach Monday.

The start date was set when the NFL and NFL Players Association reached an agreement on modified rules governing offseason programs. The NFL Management Council sent the guidelines to teams Monday in a memo obtained by the Beacon Journal.

With club facilities closed due to the global health crisis, all teams are permitted to hold virtual offseason programs for three consecutive weeks during a period beginning Monday and ending May 15.

The Browns and the four other teams with new head coaches (Carolina Panthers, New York Giants, Dallas Cowboys and Washington) are allowed to hold a three-day virtual voluntary veteran minicamp during the Monday-May 15 window.

The Browns had previously been scheduled to begin their first offseason conditioning program under Stefanski on April 6, two weeks before teams with returning head coaches could do the same, but COVID-19 changed everything. Now the Browns and the other franchises with new head coaches won’t get the same head start.

The virtual programs are voluntary for players and may be conducted for no more than four days per week and no more than four hours per day. Teams may conduct classroom instruction, workouts and nonfootball educational using online platforms like Skype or Zoom.

Stefanski, who’s been working from home in Minnesota for weeks, vowed to be prepared for this.

“We have plans and then contingency plans and contingency plans for those contingency plans,” he said during a conference call April 2. “We’re trying to think about this thing and hit it from every angle, pending the rules and pending the structure that the NFL and the NFLPA agree upon.

“Is it virtual classrooms? We’re ready for that, but we just don’t know exactly how it’s going to go down.”

Now the Browns and their fellow NFL teams know.

According to the memo, all club facilities will remain closed until they’re all able to open in conformity with federal, state and local rules and regulations and only after consultation with the NFLPA.

Each team may elect to continue its offseason program beginning May 18, either virtually or under an on-field format, if conditions allow it. All offseason programs will end June 26.

https://www.beaconjournal.com/sports/202...anski-on-monday

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
j/c...

According to the memo, all club facilities will remain closed until they’re all able to open in conformity with federal, state and local rules and regulations and only after consultation with the NFLPA.

What happens when one state opens but other states remain closed?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
C
Legend
Legend
C
j/c...

Nobody can start until all the states with NFL teams are open.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Hmm. That's not how I read that paragraph I quoted. A state or two could hold up the whole season.

Not saying that to gripe or anything. I am taking this pandemic seriously, and we got to do what we got to do... but it would be interesting to see the whole NFL waiting on the last one or two states to go back to normal to resume activities.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
B
Legend
Legend
B
Then that is how it would go down. It said all facilities will remain closed until all federal, state and local regulations are met. Note the word local. It could come down to one city holding it all up.

How long do you think NYC will be a safe place?

Sorry man, no football this year, or at best maybe a shortened season where we only play division games, but I doubt that as well, at least with fans in the seats.

How long do you think it will be deemed ok to crowd 60,000 or more people together in to a confined space? IMO probably not until we find, develop, test, and administer 300 million vaccinations. That could take 2-3 years. Not to mention we may not find a vaccination or a quality treatment method.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
j/c...

If I'm reading that right, if one has to remain closed, they all do

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
j/c...

If I'm reading that right, if one has to remain closed, they all do

So instead of Mexico paying for a wall, we're going to be paying for football stadiums in Mexico?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I've been wondering about the possibility of games being played in empty stadiums.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain
I've been wondering about the possibility of games being played in empty stadiums.

I read where the NBA is considering an abbreviated end to their season. Every game will played in the same empty arena. So all teams would be in the same city for the duration. No travel, no fans.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
JMHO, I agree with your statements, hope the 2-3 year thing is shortened, with big names getting the virus- broncos Von Miller, Payton, New Orleans head coach.....multimillionaires have disease and no known cure....a "cured"..positive again....I don't see these multimillionaires wanting to play unless it's damn safe...I wouldn't.

Love our new coach, can't wait to see how this draft unfolds with the new regime.....GO Browns!!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
M
Legend
Legend
M

Interview with Stefanski in link.

Tackles are tackles.
O
Legend
Legend
O
"We're a well-oiled machine... we're a team...." We've heard this before. When the bullets start flying we'll see how in-sync they really are.

-PrplPplEater
B
Legend
Legend
B
"We're a well-oiled machine... we're a team...." We've heard this before. When the bullets start flying we'll see how in-sync they really are.

Very true, but this time I think it will work out well. I don't see a lot of ego in the room when they get together.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Heard that one too... not to harp on you guys, but I gotta see it to believe it.

-PrplPplEater
D
Legend
Legend
D
IF Freddie didn’t STINK beyond all comprehension last year we would have went to the playoffs and who knows how far ... then KJ and Depo would be perceived as getting along well ... just like Hue and Sashi were said to be getting along great til the by week debacle ...

These guys get along great now .. if we go 5 - 12 and are a mess like they were last year ... they all of a sudden won’t be getting along to well ... *L* ...

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
IF Freddie didn’t STINK beyond all comprehension last year we would have went to the playoffs and who knows how far ... then KJ and Depo would be perceived as getting along well ... just like Hue and Sashi were said to be getting along great til the by week debacle ...

These guys get along great now .. if we go 5 - 12 and are a mess like they were last year ... they all of a sudden won’t be getting along to well ... *L* ...

It may have been perceived that way by some, but it wasn't so.

Dorsey tossed that all to the side maybe a week on the job when he started talking about the others not getting "wheel foobal pwayers". Sorry, that isn't getting along.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D
Like i said Peen ... if we would have won there’d be no signs at all of some great divide ...

And bro .. please try and talk out of one side of your mouth from now on ... IF Depo is only a process guy like u say on here what seems like daily then why would he be upset at that statement of FACT from KJ ...

Witch way is it bro ... pick a side and stick with it .... thumbsup

M
Legend
Legend
M
Dorsey chose Kitchens.
DePo wanted Stefanski.

Haslem chose Jackson.
DePo (and everyone else) wanted McDermott.

And people wonder why Depo is still here????

Tackles are tackles.
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Don't know what the process is any better, but Stephanski and Berry seem to be a lot more organized then Dorsey and Freddie.

I loved Freddie, but he proved to be very incompetent as a head coach, and the players saw it and the end result is what we saw.

Dorsey should have known what he was getting into, but none of that matters now. The roster, while good last year, is even better this year IMO. The new crew better have it together, or the fans will run them out of town very quickly.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
D
Legend
Legend
D
No ... not at all menZa ... but nice try ... 0 + 0 isn’t over my head ... But hey ... do what your good at .... spin things to make yourself feel better ... good job ... thumbsup

I’m out ... i have better things to do than play in the kiddie box ...

Peen I’ll be back for u my friend ... don’t u feel special ... *L* ...

Legend
Legend
cut the menZa crap.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Like i said Peen ... if we would have won there’d be no signs at all of some great divide ...

And bro .. please try and talk out of one side of your mouth from now on ... IF Depo is only a process guy like u say on here what seems like daily then why would he be upset at that statement of FACT from KJ ...

Witch way is it bro ... pick a side and stick with it .... thumbsup

I don't know that Depo was upset. He never left, even though he was probably a little put off by the comment? Who wouldn't be. Berry left. And now he is back. Plus, that comment was made before that group had ever played a game, so your idea that they would have gotten along if they had won is a non-starter.

Oh....John said those guys and that system, so it was a direct knock to a person still under John supervision.

Sorry man, the guy was a galumba. That means a big, goofy oaf. Oaf means a big, stupid, slow witted person.

I really do wish John had hired somebody other than Freddie. John was a likeable guy. I liked him. Just not very smart to make Freddie your head coach, and then defend the hire. How you go in to Haslams office defending that? I mean, come on.

It's one thing to make a bad decision. It's another to sit there and defend it.

My attitude in life has always been it doesn't matter how it starts, the ending is what counts. I will admit you can read that a few ways. The first being we are going to make it work, the other is I am going to outlast you.

Just depends.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D
Why? ...

D
Legend
Legend
D
Why would he be upset with a statement that had nothing to do with him? ... i don’t get it ...

I never really liked or disliked KJ other than he did a GREAT JOB with the roster ... I was “meh” on him personalty wise ... loved Freddie ... still do ... he was worse than Hue as a HC and that bar wasn’t very high ...

U can talk til your blue in the face ... of Freddie stunk there would not have been a rift and no signs of one ...

Hopefully we win and we won’t have to find out whose right as far as these guys and all the Kumbya feelings they have now ... heck ... after the first two draft you’d of thought Hue and Sashi were best buds ... *L* ...

B
Legend
Legend
B
We are good. I don't get bent up like I did 20 years ago, but John did mention the system. A direct shot at Depo.

Like I said, the beginning doesn't matter. The ending is what counts.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D
Your right .... The ending is all that matters ... I like what I’ve seen from Andy so far ... lets hope Kev can pull his weight ... if so this could work out good enough that the thief may lose his well deserved and definitely earned moniker of the worst owner in the history of sports SO FAR ...

There’s a reason i always add SO FAR to the end of that FACT ... thumbsup

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
cut the menZa crap.

It's almost like you have the power to do that!

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
cut the menZa crap.

It's almost like you have the power to do that!

Interesting.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
Haslem chose Jackson.

I have seen this thrown around several times. Who can claim w/any amount of certainty that McDermott would have succeeded w/in Cleveland?

I contend that Jackson was more sought after than McDermott was that year. He had more success as a coordinator. I also contend that NO ONE would have won many games w/the talent that was on our roster in the two years under Sashi and Depo's leadership. NO ONE!!!

Cut the crap!!!

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:
Haslem chose Jackson.

I have seen this thrown around several times. Who can claim w/any amount of certainty that McDermott would have succeeded w/in Cleveland?

I contend that Jackson was more sought after than McDermott was that year. He had more success as a coordinator. I also contend that NO ONE would have won many games w/the talent that was on our roster in the two years under Sashi and Depo's leadership. NO ONE!!!

Cut the crap!!!

You are correct. No coach would have won with the talent that was put on the field. Those 2 years were tanked and ultimately, a reset. Build with high draft picks and as many picks as possible. Keep the salary cap low and strike in free agency when team is ready. Hue was a sacrificial lamb so to speak.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
V
Legend
Legend
V
I agree.............but, to be fair and open-minded.......perhaps the FO wanted McDermott because they thought he would be more compliant and they realized that Hue would balk at losing so many quality players and losing games? Not sure if that is true, but it makes sense.

The problem---as always--is that Haslam is all over the place and makes confounding decisions. Hell, I remember posting when we hired Hue and asking "Why in the hell would Hue Jackson want to come here? It's career suicide."

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I agree.............but, to be fair and open-minded.......perhaps the FO wanted McDermott because they thought he would be more compliant and they realized that Hue would balk at losing so many quality players and losing games? Not sure if that is true, but it makes sense.

The problem---as always--is that Haslam is all over the place and makes confounding decisions. Hell, I remember posting when we hired Hue and asking "Why in the hell would Hue Jackson want to come here? It's career suicide."

While it might have been necessary to reset as the Browns did it sure was not fair to Hue.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
V
Legend
Legend
V
I get that, but Hue accepted the job. That's on him. I always said he was stupid for accepting this job when other teams wanted him. He probably let his ego get in the way and thought that turning the Browns around would be amazing. Then again.............Jimmy might not have been completely honest w/him.

Getting back to Stefanski. He seems smart and likeable. I question that he has never been a HC before. I did the same thing last year when folks were saying how great Freddie was. I question that he was behind Shurmur and Flip. Ouch!!! I also question his leadership. Not sure about this one, but damn.............guys like Diggs and Theilan called him out last year. I made a comment about how he sits...LOL...and Jules ripped into me, but it's a football locker room. It's not the politically correct safe space. It's a football lockeroom. I know about locker rooms. It's freaking brutal.........in a good sort of way. Just know this........your manhood is always being questioned in a football locker room. It's not a message board where a woman can say that is inappropriate. The needle is sharp and it's always pointed at someone. Don't give them an excuse to aim it in your direction.

I hope Stefanski can command the locker room. We'll see.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
https://zonecoverage.com/2019/minnesota-...ffensive-coach/

I do not know if he will be able to command a locker room. I sure hope he can fix the discipline issue that surfaced so early last season. But, when I read this article I got excited about Stefanski as the Browns coach. His offense is taylor made for both Baker Mayfield and Nick Chubb. My worry is even though OBJ and Landry should get open looks as defenses will focus on stopping the run they may feel they are not getting enough opportunities.

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Kevin Stefanski II

Link Copied to Clipboard