Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1864742 05/19/21 09:09 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

NFL does hand out awards at the end of the season. So, with that in mind what players on the Browns could win some of those awards?

MVP - The Most Valuable Player. Lots of great players will be considered. The 2020 winner was Aaron Rodgers.

Mahomes, Brady, Allen, Wilson, Derrick Henry, TJ Watt, Aaron Donald. All these guys were in the race.

2021? Same players and more should be in it.
How about Browns players who have a chance this year.

Myles Garrett. He will be in the running for MVP and DPOY.
Nick Chubb. Chubb has a chance but Hunt cuts into carries and the Brown's offense because of diversity will make it tough.
Baker. Baker is a dark horse who IMO has a real shot. He has a great OL in front. He has the talent around him. In the second half of last year. He was as good as any quarterback.

NFL Coach of the year.

Kevin Stefanski won the award in 2020. He is now considered the favoite to win again. That in itself is really something since the Browns have been the anti coach of the year team.

Defensive Player of the Year.

Myles of course is in this heavy. He just needs to play all year. If so he will be right there. TJ, Donald, and few other should be in the running.

Offensive Player of the Year.

If Baker has the season he is capable of having. He has to be in this. Chubb maybe but this will be real competitive.

Rookie of the Year. They give this award and then give one for Offense and Defense.

I am a huge believer in Jeremiah Owusu Koramoah. I truly believe this guy will set the tone early for the Browns defense. This is a clear case of the right guy in the right system at the right time.

Comeback Player of the Year.

Honestly I like Odell's chances for this award. I don't think he will have monster yards, and catches. But I do think he will have touchdowns and the other numbers will be good.

* Greg Newsome will be another guy who could be in the running for ROY and DROY. ( alot depends on Greedy). If Newsome beats Greedy out. He will be in it.

bonefish #1864752 05/19/21 10:41 AM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
It'll be interesting to see how things go with Odell. What I'm hoping for is that Baker gained confidence in himself to avoid trying to force the ball to Odell, and look for the open receiver. Getting the ball around more could prevent defenses from bracketing Odell and actually improve his numbers.

What I fear happening is the dynamic reverting back to Baker trying to force the ball back to Odell and their chemistry being slightly off. That's not on Odell either. That's on Baker. If that happens, though, I imagine the team will look to trade Odell.

That's JMHO.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
bonefish #1864762 05/19/21 10:57 AM
T
Legend
Legend
T
Greg Newsome II, is not even in the best position on the Browns D, to win Rookie of the year.

Koramoah, even McDowell, and Delpit would have more opportunities than a pure corner.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

After what the Browns and Baker did in the second half.

I think knowledge comes from experience gained.

Baker was forced to use the whole field and all receiver options. It made him find the best option.

There are zero excuses for Odell and Baker not to make this work.

Odell is "one" part of the offense. He has a job on each play. Baker has to pick the best option off the play call.

I expect results from both players.

bonefish #1864766 05/19/21 11:05 AM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I expect the same, as well. I think it's hard - given the past 22 years - for me to not worry about the alternative, though.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
bonefish #1864900 05/20/21 08:20 AM
Legend
Legend
I think Rodgers and Mahomes have to be the favorites to win MVP. Rodgers is highly motivated and Mahomes has a better OL

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawgs4Life #1864924 05/20/21 10:00 AM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Rodgers is highly motivated

That's a funny way of saying 'malcontent diva'.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Dawgs4Life #1864933 05/20/21 10:42 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Rodgers and the whole deal in GB is bizarre.
"What we have here is a failure to communicate."

I don't have any idea how that will play out.

Certainly Mahomes is the favorite. No question about that.

If Myles goes nuclear he could win MVP. It may be time to give someone other than a quarterback the Award.

Baker is dark horse in the MVP race. Wilson, Brady, Stafford, Allen, Lamar all have a chance.

However, if Baker leads the Browns to a championship and his numbers are good. He will have a great shot.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum 2021 Awards

Link Copied to Clipboard