Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Handcuffing ICE and the Border Patrol, Biden’s imposed de-facto open-borders policy

By Post Editorial Board

May 30, 2021

President Joe Biden is putting ICE on … ice. Combined with his other moves, it’s worse than mere open borders.

Yes, he’s resisting calls from leftist radicals to scrap Immigration and Customs Enforcement altogether. Yet he’s “placed deportation officers on a leash so tight that some say their work is being functionally abolished,” reports the Washington Post.

ICE deported fewer than 3,000 people last month, an all-time low for the agency’s 6,000 officers, despite a caseload of 3.2 million and a 20-year high in border crossings.

A court blocked Biden’s 100-day ban on most deportations, so he just imposed new rules that shift the agency’s priorities and make it tougher for officers to detain virtually anyone but the most serious criminals and known national-security threats.

Agents say they now spend their time on paperwork, working out or doing nothing at all, the WaPo notes. They actually fear being disciplined more for making an arrest than not making one.

Border Patrol agents, meanwhile, have little time to stop people from crossing as they’re on babysitting duty for unaccompanied minors who’ve entered illegally.

It plainly amounts to the open-borders policy the hard left wants.

America needs ICE and Border Patrol agents to stop drugs, criminals, potential terrorists and even those merely looking to cut the legal-immigration line before they enter. And it needs to send a clear message that those who manage to get in illegally will be deported quickly.

That’s a basic requirement for sovereignty — and public safety. Not to mention that migrants risk their lives and endure enormous hardship to get here.

Unless Biden changes course, expect a lot of suffering, lawlessness and a different kind of America before long.

https://nypost.com/2021/05/30/bidens-imposed-a-de-facto-open-borders-policy/

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Do you ever have your own thoughts? Or you an actual parrot with a working knowledge of cutting and pasting?

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Do you ever have your own thoughts? Or you an actual parrot with a working knowledge of cutting and pasting?

I try that and people like daman ask for proof and others ask for links.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #1866969 06/08/21 07:24 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Exactly thumbsup

Ballpeen #1866970 06/08/21 07:35 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M

I could have sworn it was you that asked for "proof" - and if I thought you'd give a damn I'd go verify. But we know that's not your game.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
mgh888 #1866985 06/09/21 12:19 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Milk Man #1866986 06/09/21 12:22 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M

@CraigCaplan
19Rs Yes on China competition bill: Policy Chair Blunt, Capito, Collins, Cornyn, Finance Ranking Mbr Crapo, Daines, Budget RM Graham, Judiciary RM Grassley, GOP Ldr McConnell, Murkowski, Portman Foreign Rels RM Risch, Romney,Rounds,Sasse,Sullivan Tillis,Commerce RM Wicker & Young

https://twitter.com/CraigCaplan/status/1402406577504669700

mgh888 #1866989 06/09/21 05:39 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: mgh888

I could have sworn it was you that asked for "proof" - and if I thought you'd give a damn I'd go verify. But we know that's not your game.

I am sure I have, so no need to go back and research. I even did so a few time tongue in cheek to copy Daman. In one I even credited him when I did.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
WTH Sheldon Whitehouse?

Democratic Senator Sheldon Whitehouse comes under fire for dismissing his family's long-term membership at an exclusive 'all-white beach club

By Emily Crane Dailymail.com

21 June 2021

Democratic Senator Sheldon Whitehouse has come under fire after he dismissed his long-term family membership at an exclusive and reportedly all-white beach club as 'a long tradition in Rhode Island'.

The 65-year-old progressive senator and his family have been members of the exclusive Bailey's Beach Club in Newport for at least two decades.

Whitehouse was confronted by a GoLocalProv.com reporter on Friday about his family's membership at the club and was asked if it was now accepting minority members.

'I think the people who are running the place are still working on that and I'm sorry it hasn't happened yet,' he said.

When asked if all-white clubs should still exist in 2021, Whitehouse said: 'It's a long tradition in Rhode Island and there are many of them. And I think we just need to work our way through the issues.'
Rhode Island Democratic Senator Sheldon Whitehouse was confronted by a GoLocalProv.com reporter on Friday about his family's membership at the exclusive and predominately white Bailey's Beach Club in Newport
+7

Rhode Island Democratic Senator Sheldon Whitehouse was confronted by a GoLocalProv.com reporter on Friday about his family's membership at the exclusive and predominately white Bailey's Beach Club in Newport

He refused to answer any further questions.

Despite Whitehouse's comments, his office on Monday denied that the club, which is run by the Spouting Rock Beach Association, is discriminatory and has no minority members.

'The club has no such restrictive policies. The club has had and has members of color,' his spokesman said.

It was not immediately clear how many minority members, if any, the club currently has.

In a 2003 New York Times profile, when asked about the demographics of the club, a life-long member was quoted in the profile saying: 'Jewish, yes... Blacks, not really.'

When Whitehouse was elected back in 2006, he allegedly said he would quit the club.

The local news outlet revealed in 2017 that Whitehouse was still a member but had transferred his shares to his wife Sandra Thornton Whitehouse.

His wife, who he has been married to for 35 years and shares two children with, is one of the top shareholders in the club and is said to visit daily during the summer.

'I think it would be nice if they changed a little bit, but it's not my position,' Whitehouse said back in 2017.

He vowed at the time to take up the issue of diversity at the club 'privately'.
The 65-year-old progressive senator and his family have been members of the exclusive Bailey's Beach Club in Newport (above) for at least two decades
+7

The 65-year-old progressive senator and his family have been members of the exclusive Bailey's Beach Club in Newport (above) for at least two decades
Whitehouse, his wife Sandra Thornton Whitehouse and their families have been members of the club for decades
+7

The senator transferred his shares in the club to his several years back
+7

Whitehouse, his wife Sandra Thornton Whitehouse and their families have been members of the club for decades. The senator transferred his shares in the club to his several years back
When Whitehouse was elected back in 2006, he allegedly said he would quit the club. The local news outlet revealed in 2017 that Whitehouse was still a member but had transferred his shares to his wife Sandra Thornton Whitehouse
+7

When Whitehouse was elected back in 2006, he allegedly said he would quit the club. The local news outlet revealed in 2017 that Whitehouse was still a member but had transferred his shares to his wife Sandra Thornton Whitehouse

The club has long been considered elite and has been described as one of the most exclusive clubs in the US.

It was frequented by the likes of President John F. Kennedy in the early 60s.

more at:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...beach-club.html

M
Legend
Legend
M
I don't know the validity to the story and if this guy has talked out of both sides of his mouth or what. If he's broken the law or broken ethics rules - hold him accountable. Good.

What I do know - you posting this story means you are a hypocrite. Dudes not even the POTUS and you excused and enabled far far far worse actions in the past. Pffft.

Last edited by mgh888; 06/22/21 12:00 PM.

mgh888 #1868276 06/22/21 12:50 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Hypocrisy is hypocrisy. It matters little whether you're the Pres or simply a member of Congress.

That said, there's some smoke here, but is there fire? Just because an exclusive club has an overwhelmingly non-minority membership doesn't necessarily mean they're racist. I'd say that him promising to quit the club once elected is suspicious, but hardly proof.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Quote:
'I think the people who are running the place are still working on that and I'm sorry it hasn't happened yet,' he said.

WTF needs to be worked on? There is NO work required, just a decision to be made. A decision they've had decades to make. The fact that there has NEVER been Black members tells me that they've already made their choice.

WTF is this- 1954?

"too many notes, not enough music-"
T
Legend
Legend
T
Local news.
New Monmouth poll.
80% of voters want voter ID.
also majority wanted early voting in Ohio.

But 80% of voters want voter ID.

80% usually don't agree on anything.

Clemdawg #1868294 06/22/21 02:56 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Some people say there are no black members, some say there are, but very few. Nobody has said that this was due to procedure/rules within the club. There's a lot insinuated in that article that isn't back up with fact.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
B
Legend
Legend
B
There are a lot of private clubs that have exclusive membership and don't have to give reasons why whey accept some and don't accept others. Especially if they are truly private and don't take public money.

Most you can't even apply. You have to be invited by a member or two, then approved by the membership board.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
A house member is accused of rape of a minor,, you got nothing to say... As unsightly as this guys actions are, it's not a criminal act.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
O
Legend
Legend
O
If what that article is insinuating is true, then I say "have at 'em". That article has a desperate "own the libs" stink to it, though.

-PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D
Pretty sure there are no Dawg Duty type members either. I don't care. Let them have their club full of tight ass White people.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I guess one shoe doesn't fit all.

Everybody is a misfit somewhere.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Leftists Siege Biden White House, Blocking All Entrances in Demand for Climate ‘Infrastructure’ Priorities

WASHINGTON, DC - JUNE 28: Rep. Cori Bush (D-MO) (L) and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) rallying hundreds of young climate activists in Lafayette Square on the north side of the White House to demand that U.S. President Joe Biden work to make the Green New Deal into law on June …
Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images

Hannah Bleau

28 Jun 2021

A group of activists, flanked by noteworthy Democrat politicians, protested outside of the White House on Monday, demanding the Biden administration adopt an infrastructure plan that prioritizes climate change and blocking every entrance to the White House as part of their demand for action.

Activists from the far-left Soros-funded group the Sunrise Movement marched to the White House on Monday to demand the Biden administration put climate change-related initiatives at the forefront, particularly in terms of the ongoing infrastructure negotiations. According to reports, protesters are blocking every entrance to the White House, demanding Biden heed to their Green New Deal agenda:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/...ure-priorities/

O
Legend
Legend
O
Siege lmao, refer to Jan 6th to see a siege.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

That's actually somewhat funny. Although I'd put a blindfold over Sleepy Joe's eyes and a cigar in Clinton's mouth.

Funniest thing was scrolling down that dolt's twitter and seeing a retweet -- "Media, please stop showing pics of people on beaches during a heatwave, that's a subtle form of climate change denial." rofl

You just cannot make some of this stuff up. Way too many unreported incidences of millennials dropped on their heads as toddlers.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #1869036 06/28/21 11:52 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: FATE
....and a cigar in Clinton's mouth...

Ha!

Milk Man #1869037 06/28/21 11:58 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M

Milk Man #1869038 06/29/21 12:12 AM
E
Legend
Legend
E
Can we start by making school curiculum more rigourous and not so much participation trophy?

No Craps Given
FATE #1869039 06/29/21 12:29 AM
Legend
Legend
Quote:
That's actually somewhat funny. Although I'd put a blindfold over Sleepy Joe's eyes and a cigar in Clinton's mouth.

[rimshot]

+1

I always enjoy a clever one-liner.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
D
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D

Did they arrest AOC for her attempted coup?

P
Legend
Legend
P
What attempted coup?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Tracy Stone-Manning another despicable Biden nominee. Do the right thing Joe Manchin!

Republicans in the U.S. Senate are ramping up opposition to President Joe Biden’s pick to lead the Bureau of Land Management after a conservative news site and other news reports detailed her connection to an Idaho tree-spiking scheme three decades ago.

Without GOP support, Montana’s Tracy Stone-Manning would need the votes of every Democrat in the evenly divided Senate. While no Democrats have voiced opposition to her nomination, Energy Committee Chairman Joe Manchin III, a West Virginia Democrat, has not yet disclosed how he plans to vote.

His committee, which would send the nomination to the Senate floor, on Friday released its schedule for the coming week. It did not include a confirmation vote on Stone-Manning.

Republican opposition ratcheted up following a June 11 report by the Daily Caller News Foundation, the nonprofit arm of the conservative news and opinion organization co-founded by Fox News host Tucker Carlson, as well as an Associated Press report.

The articles related Stone-Manning’s role in mailing a threatening warning letter as part of a tree-spiking incident. Tree-spiking, a form of sabotage in which a metal rod is hammered into a tree trunk, is a federal crime because it can injure tree workers as well as destroy equipment.

Stone-Manning, a University of Montana student at the time, admitted to mailing the letter in 1989 on behalf of extreme environmentalist activists who’d tied spikes to trees in Idaho’s Clearwater National Forest.

John P. Blount, a co-conspirator who was later convicted and served prison time for the incident, handed Stone-Manning an anonymous letter, which she then retyped and sent to the U.S. Forest Service, according to court records.

The profanity-laced letter warned the U.S. Forest Service that trees in the forest, parts of which were due to be sold to logging interests, had been spiked and could be dangerous to workers.

Stone-Manning later said she sent it because she feared for her own safety if she denied Blount’s request, and to protect forest workers who could have been harmed by the spiked trees.

She was questioned about the incident by Republican state lawmakers in 2013, when she was nominated to head the Montana Department of Environmental Quality.

“I’m sure everyone in this room regrets things they’ve done in their early 20s, but we all accumulate lessons,” Stone-Manning said at the time, according to an article in the Montana Standard.

Two Republicans in the U.S. Senate, Energy Committee ranking member John Barrasso of Wyoming as well as Jim Risch of Idaho, said they would oppose Stone-Manning’s nomination in the wake of the recent news reports.

Barrasso called the incident “disqualifying.” He accused Stone-Manning of misleading the committee in a written questionnaire in which she said she’d never been the target of an investigation, though she did say in the questionnaire she testified against a person in the tree-spiking case.

Prosecutors subpoenaed Stone-Manning as part of the investigation, and she received immunity to testify against the plan’s co-conspirators. She complained about the subpoena process at the time in a local newspaper.

“It’s clear that Ms. Stone-Manning was intentionally trying to deceive the Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources,” Barrasso said. “She told the committee she had never been the subject of an investigation and yet complained about being investigated in the press. President Biden should withdraw her nomination.”

Risch said Stone-Manning “colluded with eco-terrorists.”

“We cannot ask Bureau of Land Management employees to serve under a director who aided those who endangered the land users they work on behalf of each day,” he said in a statement.

Barrasso appeared opposed to Stone-Manning even before calling for her withdrawal.

He was aggressive in questioning Stone-Manning’s political history and opposition to an “energy-dominance” agenda at her confirmation hearing on June 8, three days before the Daily Caller and AP reports were published.

The Biden administration has stood by Stone-Manning, who would head up a federal agency that’s been without a confirmed director for years.

An administration official who was briefed on the matter but not authorized to speak publicly said Stone-Manning has always been upfront about the incident, which came up at other points in her career, including when she was nominated and confirmed to lead the Montana Department of Environmental Quality in 2013.

She “has never condoned any action that could lead to injury to anyone,” the administration official said.

“Thirty years ago, Tracy testified against someone who had attempted to cause harm by spiking trees,” the administration official said. “She had been approached by a man with a warning letter, which she sent to the U.S. Forest Service because she did not want anyone to get hurt. She has always been honest and transparent about this matter, which has been covered by the media for decades, and ultimately testified against the responsible individual, who was convicted.”

Senate Democrats, too, appear to remain on her side.

Sen. Jon Tester, a former boss of Stone-Manning’s, said he supports her and “I look forward to her confirmation.”

A spokesman for Energy Committee member Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto, D-Nevada, said she will vote yes on the confirmation.

A spokesman for U.S. Sen. Mark Kelly, D-Arizona, a committee member and moderate up for reelection in a purple Western state next year, did not respond to messages seeking comment. A spokeswoman for U.S. Sen. John Hickenlooper, D-Colorado, another committee member, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Stone-Manning’s supporters have been somewhat less vocal, perhaps as part of a strategy not to call attention to what they view as an irrelevant controversy.

However, at least one Democrat outside Congress who is well-known in public lands circles said learning of the 1989 incident changed his mind.

Bob Abbey, the first BLM director under President Barack Obama, said in a Thursday interview with States Newsroom that Stone-Manning’s involvement with tree spiking “should disqualify her” from leading the agency. The incident would hurt Stone-Manning’s standing within the agency, he said, with every tough decision she faced subject to added scrutiny.

“BLM needs a really strong leader,” he said. “To put someone in that position that has this type of resume will just bring needless controversy that is not good for the agency or for the public lands.”

A spokeswoman for Manchin, a key vote for Senate Democrats on multiple other issues this year, didn’t respond to requests for comment.

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/ne...3ef726bc59.html

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty

Did they arrest AOC for her attempted coup?

Protesting... did they break into the capitol building and try to hunt down and hang members of congress? I'm surprised you of all people aren't offended or mad that this happened on the GOPs watch. I can't imagine that you endorse insurrection. Maybe I'm wrong... it's just that most men that have served found it very unsettling at the very least. I personally think the police and military should have taken a few of them out just to set the precedent for next time. You know the way Trump keeps putting out the crazy lies, there will be a next time.

Legend
Legend
They tried to hang members of congress??

Wow. Can't believe I didn't hear about this 'til now. Well, actually, I can.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #1869143 06/30/21 06:03 AM
O
Legend
Legend
O
They openly chanted to hang Mike Pence. They were also actively seeking Pelosi and AOC, you can conclude what their fate would have been by all the other violence that day. So yes, they were trying to hang members of congress/vp.

Just because the insurrectionists were inept does not mean they weren't very dangerous.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/30/21 06:06 AM.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Doooooood. It was just a tourist exhibit and attraction.... just like any other day at the Capitol Building.

https://www.ourquadcities.com/news/natio...ang-mike-pence/

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

U.S. Gas Prices Surge to Highest Level in 7 Years Ahead of July 4 Break

Simon Kent

30 Jun 2021

Gas prices across the United States are at their highest level since late 2014 with shortages predicted in the run up to the Fourth of July holiday weekend.

According to AAA, the national average on Tuesday is about $3.11 per gallon and by this weekend, that figure may rise another nickel.

UPI reports further strains will come when as many as 43.6 million Americans hit the road for Independence Day weekend, which runs from Thursday to Monday, extending a trend that became evident earlier this month as prices ticked upwards.

“Today, 89% of U.S. gas stations are selling regular unleaded for $2.75 or more. That is a stark increase over last July 4 when only a quarter of stations were selling gas for more than $2.25,” AAA spokesperson Jeanette McGee said in a statement Monday.

“Road trippers will pay the most to fill up for the holiday since 2014.”

According to AAA, Mississippi ($2.74), Louisiana ($2.75) and Texas ($2.79) have the nation’s least expensive gas — and it’s most expensive in Hawaii ($4.00) and Washington state ($3.74).

At the same time California ($4.28) is continuing an unwanted trend of being at the top of the national price scale.

Some stations won’t have any gasoline to sell due to a shortage of delivery drivers, according to UPI, with rising demand and distribution bottlenecks also playing a factor in the shortages.

According to AAA, the highest recorded average price was $4.114 in July 2008.

UPI contributed to this story

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2021/0...f-july-4-break/

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm made too! I think we should start driving electric vehicles so we can stop buying oil from the terrorists!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
What I wouldn't do for a mean tweet, and some cheap gas!!!

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Your priorities seem all out of whack. Maybe it's time you start considering why you lost The White House and the senate when you ran little Donnie in 2020. You'll never be able to fix it as long as you refuse to admit it's broken.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
As a rule it is taboo to talk about inflation and crime.

Nobody wants to talk about that.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #1869206 06/30/21 03:02 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Sure, talk about it. But being honest about the rise in crime has not been something some people tend to focus on. Some of the highest violent crime rates in our nation are never actually mentioned because a lot of them are not in the states some would wish to have you believe.

Let's just look at states per capita.

The top 10 are.... #10, Arizona. #9, South Carolina. #8, Missouri. #7, Alabama. #6, Louisiana. #5, Nevada. #4, Arkansas. #3, Tennessee. #2, New Mexico. #1, Alaska.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/202...-rate/40968963/

#gmstrong
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus WTH Democrats

Link Copied to Clipboard