Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted By: bonefish

In the end you want competition.

May the best man play.

However, as the season goes on depth will always come into play.

Important position to have depth.

Last night the second Bengal game and the second Raven game was on.

Our offense returns with Odell and experience gained.

The defensive upgrades will be how the Browns take the next step. Way to many breakdowns last year on defense.

Not like missed assignments just poor players.

We should be way better this year.

Sendejo was the one lining up the DBs, and from what I have read was pretty good at it. When he was not on the field they struggled. The only problem was, that even though he was a smart player, he was not a good player. Also, one must take into account the continuous injuries they had in the defensive backfield.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Sendejo's age both made his experience valuable, and his decline in skills vulnerable. The classic double edged sword. I said it when Berry signed JJ3, that move won the off-season for the Browns. The other signings and the draft picks were gravy. JJ3 is the key.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
V
Rookie
Rookie
V
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
Oh for sure. I think the Chargers found the blueprint two years ago for how you stop the Ravens. I don't think there's any real secret. I think it's just whether or not you have the personnel and the disciplined, savvy mindset in the players to pull it off. We definitely did not have either last year.

I hope I don't eat these words, but I also think that is why the Ravens have a very slim chance to the AFC Championship or win a Super Bowl. Unless they get lucky, they're going to come across a team who is capable of effectively pulling off that scheme in the playoffs.

What will be interesting to me is how the Ravens will ultimately deal with having to pay LJ. They will have to sacrifice some pieces on that defense. I suppose it will turn into how well they hit on their draft picks that follow. In fairness to them, they are historically pretty good at doing that.

People always harp about Baker's "surrounding talent" last year but never mention the impact of having a terrible defense. LJ has benefited his entire career having an elite/borderline elite defense. What happens to his game when they find themselves down more often and playing from behind?

I love LJ and think he has a great personality, but I'm not completely sold on his long-term success. He's amazing now, but his complete reliance on his legs will probably end up hurting him in the long run.

Vee_Rex #1868650 06/25/21 10:41 AM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Completely agree.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Camp surprise.

Link Copied to Clipboard