Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
Legend
Legend
P
You're not supposed to talk about it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Trump campaign refunds millions to donors misled by manipulative fundraising tactics

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-campaign-refunds-millions-donors-235042836.html

my favorite part:

Per reports, the Trump campaign returned over 10% of the $1.2 billion it raised in donations, while President Biden‘s campaign returned roughly 2% by comparison.

After Biden won the election in November, Trump’s campaign continued asking supporters for donations and were able to raise tens of millions more dollars to help pay for the campaign’s refund debt.

This time, the requests told potential donors to support Trump’s multiple lawsuits against the results of the election. Each lawsuit filed was dismissed due to lack of evidence.

________

i have now come to the conclusion that if i want to direct a Heist movie, the main target will be robbing a bank from Trump supporters.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 01/03/22 03:02 PM.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
It's hilarious that Trump called himself the law enforcement POTUS. You can't make this crap up.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 01/03/22 03:05 PM.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
On this one, I have to side with Trump on the technicalities.

There is a civil case and a criminal case in play. To testify in the civil case provides answers that can be used in the criminal case.

Just ask Bill Cosby.

That said you can't claim a property is worth X dollars for taxes, and 30X dollars on a bank application for a loan. So he is in trouble either way.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I think it depends. Taxation and future use values don't always add up.

Even for us common people, assessed tax value by the county is always less than the appraised value of the home...or it better be.

I haven't been paying attention to all the facts or this thread for that matter. I just opened it, saw your comment, then made mine.

Save any extended history lesson as I probably won't be back to this thread any time soon.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don't think that you can claim that a golf course in Westchester NY has a value of 1M for taxation, and 30M as an asset. The gap is simply too large to pass the sniff test.

That is the core of the dispute. I could see something in the shaving the percentages, which is common, but this is over the top laughable.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
So Trump's mishandling of presidential docs, destroying docs, taking docs to Mar-a-lago... way worse than Hillary's emails. Where is all the GOPer outrage?

Fox’s Bret Baier: If Republicans Were ‘Really Upset’ About Hillary’s Emails Shouldn’t They Also Be ‘Upset’ at Trump?

Fox News anchor Bret Baier asked his panel on Thursday evening about recent reporting that former President Donald Trump took documents, some of which were labeled “top secret,” from the White House to his private residence in Florida.

“There is a Washington Post story out about the possibility that former president Trump had classified or top-secret documents at Mar-a-Lago,” Baier noted, introducing the reporting on the issue.

The National Archives confirmed this week it recovered some 15 boxes of records that were supposed to be turned over in accordance with the Presidential Records Act.

The Fox anchor read through more reporting on the issue and went on to ask his panel if Republicans are not being hypocritical by staying silent on this issue after harping on Hillary Clinton’s emails in the past.

Baier asked:

If Republicans were really, really upset and focused on Hillary Clinton’s emails and all of that classified back-and-forth and what happened with those documents, shouldn’t they be really upset or concerned about what’s coming out? We don’t know factually that this is all true. But, if it is, shouldn’t they be as concerned?

Former Secretary of Education Bill Bennett responded, “Well, sure they should be concerned about it.”

Bennett wavered a bit, adding, “I’m sure the Justice Department and others will look into this. But, my gosh, this is a part of a long story of allegations against Donald Trump. Most of which proved groundless as you know. But, sure, look into it. Sunlight’s the best disinfectant, take a look.”

Baier then turned to conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt, who said, “100% correct that they’re down there,” referring to the National Archives retrieving the documents from Mar-a-Lago. “100% sure that no one in America outside of the progressive hard-left cares.”

Former Congressman Harold Ford Jr. (D-TN) had the last word in the segment, saying, “I don’t know if they care or not, but we have something called the Constitution and laws, if you broke the law, Democrat or Republican, let the chips fall where they may.”

Watch the full clip above from Fox News

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/f...ls-shouldnt-they-also-be-upset-at-trump/

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 02/12/22 01:36 PM.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Lock him up? Nothing buy crickets......

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
this is the time where i feel obligated to bring you up, bro.

Arch, if this was hillary, even you know you'd be 40 post deep right now trashing her.

keep that same energy homeboy.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
trump is a never ending story of fraud, quid pro quo, and outright corruption.

It never ends with him. His entire life is filled with it.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

I am not alone.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Haul 'em all away, I say.

But if you're looking at me like I'm supposed to be shocked that politicians are hypocrites, well....

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I was LIVID with Clinton when all the classified document handling and email stuff came out. After Snowden especially, a lot of restraints and procedures were put on the worker bee levels regarding the handling of classified info. And you better follow it to a T.

When she didn’t get nailed, I was ticked. As you mention, if what is being uncovered is true, I am equally as livid, if not more so since he and his supporters berated her for doing what he did. That added level of hypocrisy is an aggravating factor for me.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Oh you will just love it even more when the legions of Trump supporters who chanted "lock her up" will give Trump a 100% pass on this.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
1 member likes this: dawglover05
Legend
Legend
trump's lawyer has held back 11k emails from the Jan 6th committee.

OH! the Irony.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by bonefish
trump's lawyer has held back 11k emails from the Jan 6th committee.

OH! the Irony.

And the hardcore trump faithful want to send those looking into jan 6th to jail.

https://www.newsweek.com/locking-jan-6-committee-members-not-idle-threat-warns-kirschner-1678712

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Accounting Firm Cuts Ties With Trump and Retracts Financial Statements

The statements are at the center of two investigations into whether the former president and his company exaggerated the value of their assets.

By Ben Protess and William K. Rashbaum
Feb. 14, 2022
Updated 4:51 p.m. ET

Donald J. Trump’s longtime accounting firm cut ties with his family business last week amid ongoing criminal and civil investigations into whether Mr. Trump illegally inflated the value of his assets, court documents filed on Monday show.

In a letter to the Trump Organization on Feb. 9, the accounting firm notified the company of its decision and disclosed that it could no longer stand behind annual financial statements it prepared for Mr. Trump. The firm, Mazars USA, compiled the financial statements based on information the former president and his company provided.

The letter instructed the Trump Organization to essentially retract the documents, known as statements of financial condition, from 2011 to 2020. In the letter, Mazars noted that the firm had not “as a whole” found material discrepancies between the information the Trump Organization provided and the actual value of Mr. Trump’s assets. But given what it called “the totality of circumstances,” the letter directed the Trump Organization to notify anyone who received the statements that they should no longer rely on them.

The statements, which Mr. Trump used to secure loans, are at the center of the two law enforcement investigations into the former president and his company. The Manhattan district attorney’s office and the office of the New York attorney general, Letitia James, have been investigating whether Mr. Trump used the statements to defraud his lenders into providing him the best possible loan terms.

The Trump Organization declined to comment.

The revelations appeared in the new court documents filed by Ms. James’s office, which is seeking to question Mr. Trump and two of his adult children under oath as part of her investigation.

Mr. Trump’s lawyers had asked a judge to prohibit the questioning, and in response, Ms. James’s office argued in court papers last month that the company had engaged in “fraudulent or misleading” practices.

Her filing on Monday — which marked her latest attempt to press ahead with questioning Mr. Trump as well as Donald Trump Jr. and Ivanka Trump — included a copy of the Mazars letter, signed by the accounting firm’s general counsel.

The brief letter could bolster Ms. James’s investigation, which has focused partly on the statements and whether they overvalued Mr. Trump’s various hotels, golf clubs and other properties.

Mazars said it concluded that the statements were no longer reliable based in part on the attorney general’s earlier filings, its own investigations and information the accountants received from “internal and external sources.” The letter added that Mazars “performed its work in accordance with professional standards.”

Because Ms. James’s investigation is civil, she cannot file criminal charges. But she could sue Mr. Trump and his company to seek financial penalties, and could try to shut down certain aspects of Mr. Trump’s business in New York.

A spokeswoman for Ms. James declined to comment beyond the filing.

In a statement, the accounting firm said that “under our standards of professional ethics, we cannot comment on any client services or relationships.”

It is unclear whether Mazars’ break with the Trumps will have any bearing on the district attorney’s criminal investigation into Mr. Trump. The firm has been cooperating with that investigation, and Mr. Trump’s main accountant at Mazars has already testified before a grand jury hearing evidence about Mr. Trump.

A spokesman for the district attorney, Alvin Bragg, declined to comment.

Both investigations still face obstacles. While the statements may contain exaggerated estimates of Mr. Trump’s property values, those same documents also include a number of disclaimers, including acknowledgments that Mr. Trump’s accountants had neither audited nor authenticated his claims.

Another disclaimer notes that Mazars did “not express an opinion or provide any assurance about” the statements, a common caveat in statements of financial condition. The firm also disclosed that, while compiling the information for Mr. Trump, it had “become aware of departures from accounting principles generally accepted in the United States of America.”

Mr. Trump’s lawyers would likely argue that his lenders, sophisticated financial institutions like Deutsche Bank, would not have relied on the statements when providing him loans.

Still, in her court filing last month, Ms. James highlighted potential misleading statements about the value of at least six Trump properties, including golf clubs in Westchester County, N.Y., and Scotland, as well as Mr. Trump’s own penthouse home in Trump Tower.

According to that filing, Mr. Trump claimed that the triplex apartment spanned 30,000 square feet, giving it an eye-popping value of $327 million. In truth, the apartment was 10,996 square feet.

Mr. Trump’s long-serving chief financial officer, Allen H. Weisselberg, later acknowledged to investigators that the company had overvalued the apartment by “give or take” $200 million.

(Separately, last summer, the district attorney’s office indicted Mr. Weisselberg and the Trump Organization, accusing them of orchestrating a 15-year scheme to provide certain executives with off-the-books luxury perks like free cars and apartments. Mr. Weisselberg and the company have pleaded not guilty and the case is tentatively scheduled to go to trial late this summer.)

Both the civil and criminal investigations have examined the underlying information the Trump Organization provided Mazars as the accountants compiled the annual financial statements.

Often, Mr. Trump’s company would estimate the value of its properties based on recent selling prices of comparable buildings, a common real estate valuation method. The authorities have zeroed in on whether the company cherry-picked favorable information to essentially mislead Mazars into presenting an overly rosy picture of Mr. Trump’s finances.

Ms. James has argued that the Trump Organization misstated the value of the properties to lenders, insurers and the Internal Revenue Service. Many of the statements, she argued in the filing last month, were “generally inflated as part of a pattern to suggest that Mr. Trump’s net worth was higher than it otherwise would have appeared.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/14/nyregion/mazars-trump-organization-financial-statements.html

P
Legend
Legend
P
This is what it looks like when abandoning a sinking ship.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
When you look at the big picture of all the legal issues with trump and his family.

It is like a mob boss. Everything he touches is some kind of criminal enterprise.

He builds walls to hide behind. Tax fraud. Seized papers. Flushed records. Hidden logs of visitors.

Quid pro quo. False evaluations of properties. Accounting records. Weisselberg behind bars. Georgia pressured to find votes.

Jan 6th inciting a riot to keep power.

He should be on a "Wanted Poster" in every post office.

1 member likes this: mgh888
P
Legend
Legend
P

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
Legend
Legend
More crimes for trump.

He took boxes of files to his rats nest in Florida that were classified. The National Archives has determined they must be returned. It was against the law to take them away.

The DOJ could charge him with a felony and five years behind bars.

I would love to see that. Talk about make my day. Justice be served like vengence with hot sauce.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by bonefish

He took boxes of files to his rats nest in Florida that were classified.

Certainly as bad and probably worse than what Hilary did ... but the faithful stooges will remain silent until Faux or Trump gives them their spin.

Legend
Legend
One would need a never ending roll of toilet paper to clean up trump's record of crimes.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Supreme Court rejects Trump's bid to shield January 6 records, bringing end to legal battle

By Melissa Quinn

February 22, 2022 / 11:17 AM / CBS News

Washington — The Supreme Court on Tuesday turned away former President Donald Trump's legal fight with the House select committee investigating the January 6 assault on the U.S. Capitol, bringing an end to the former president's quest to stop investigators from accessing reams of documents from his final weeks in the White House.

Trump asked the high court in December to take up his appeal of a decision from the federal appeals court in the District of Columbia, which rejected his efforts to shield the documents from lawmakers and found Trump provided "no basis" for it to override President Biden's decision not to uphold his predecessor's claims of executive privilege over the records.

In rejecting the former president's request, the decision from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit remains in place.

In addition to asking the Supreme Court to review the lower court's decision, the former president requested the justices stop the transfer of records from the National Archives and Records Administration to House investigators. They declined to do so last month, and the select committee received more than 700 pages of records sought by the panel earlier this month.

At issue in the legal fight between the former president and the House select committee were reams of records related to the events of January 6, including presidential diaries, visitor logs, handwritten notes from then-White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, binders from then-White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany, and a draft executive order on election integrity, according to a filing from the National Archives

Trump asserted executive privilege over more than 750 pages of these documents, which were at the crux of his lawsuit against the National Archives and select committee. But Mr. Biden declined to uphold the former president's claims of executive privilege over the documents sought by the panel, and Trump filed suit in October to prevent their disclosure.

Since its formation last year, the committee examining the events surrounding the January 6 attack on the Capitol has interviewed more than 475 witnesses and obtained over 60,000 documents, according to an aide to the panel.

Investigators have issued dozens of subpoenas as part of their probe, including ones to Trump's allies, former White House officials, campaign aides and individuals involved in the planning of the rally outside the White House before the Capitol building came under siege. Two top Trump allies, Steve Bannon and former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, have been held in contempt of Congress for refusing to comply with subpoenas, and the Justice Department has charged Bannon. Both cited Trump's claims of privilege for not complying.

Congressman Adam Kinzinger, a Republican from Illinois who sits on the panel, told "Face the Nation" on Sunday he expects the committee will begin public hearings in the spring or summer.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-supreme-court-january-6-committee-documents/

The Trump obstruction strategy is crumbling.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Dem DA's prosecutors investigating Trump call it QUITS, puts probe in doubt

Top prosecutors in Manhattan DA case against Trump resign

The top prosecutors in charge of the Manhattan district attorney’s investigation into former President Trump and his business dealings resigned Wednesday, bringing into question the future of the probe.

"I'm very happy. I believe the investigation is now over as it should be," Trump's attorney Ron Fischetti told Fox News, adding Bragg sat "down with his two top prosecutors. "I believe they had a meeting and went through evidence and decided what I have been saying all along that there wasn't any evidence that Donald Trump individually did any wrong in this case."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/top-prosecutors-in-manhattan-da-case-against-trump-resign

Pfft...NADA

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
The Party of Insurrection thinking Trump is off the hook. smfh

A
Legend
Legend
A
In this particular case, yes, off the hook. Of course, from what I've read, trump was never ON the hook in this case.

Your history paints you as someone that just never gets it right.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
You completely missed the point of my post, then reply and prove me right.

P
Legend
Legend
P
You really need to read your own article. The case has not been dropped.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 04/28/22 02:44 AM.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

P
Legend
Legend
P
Trump said: “So look. All I want to do is this. I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have. Because we won the state.”

“The people of Georgia are angry, the people in the country are angry,” Trump said. “And there’s nothing wrong with saying, you know, um, that you’ve recalculated.”

"Do you think it's possible that they shredded ballots in Fulton County? Because that's what the rumor is. And also that Dominion took out machines. That Dominion is really moving fast to get rid of their machinery. Do you know anything about that? Because that's illegal," Mr. Trump asked Raffensperger and his general counsel Ryan Germany, who was also on the call.

Germany told the president, "No, Dominion has not moved any machinery out of Fulton County" and repeatedly shot down Mr. Trump's continued claims as to whether Dominion "moved the inner parts of the machines and replaced them with other parts."

During the call, Mr. Trump called Raffensperger a "child" and "either dishonest or incompetent" for not believing there was voter fraud in Atlanta. The president called himself a "schmuck" for endorsing Kemp, and appeared to threaten Raffensperger and Germany over alleged fraud, though there has been no evidence to support his claims ballots were illegally destroyed.

"You know what they did, and you're not reporting it. That's a criminal, that's a criminal offense," he said. "And you can't let that happen. That's a big risk to you and to Ryan, your lawyer. And that's a big risk."

Mr. Trump then claimed ballots were being shredded and machinery removed.

"You can't let it happen and you are letting it happen," he said, according to the audio. "I'm notifying you that you're letting it happen."

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
“The president called himself a "schmuck"”….the first honest thing that crossed donny’s lips in years.

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Trump settles lawsuit over inauguration funds spent at his D.C. hotel

Donald Trump's company and inauguration committee agreed Tuesday to pay $750,000 to the District of Columbia to resolve allegations that they illegally misused nonprofit funds while staging events surrounding Trump's inauguration.

D.C. Attorney General Karl Racine had accused the Trump Organization of overcharging Trump's inauguration committee for services at the Trump International Hotel, where more than $1 million was spent in January 2017, including for a private party for Mr. Trump's three older children.

"After he was elected, one of the first actions Donald Trump took was illegally using his own inauguration to enrich his family. We refused to let that corruption stand," Racine said in a press release. "With our lawsuit, we are now clawing back money that Trump's own inaugural committee misused."

Trump said in a press release that the settlement does not require his company or committee to admit guilt or liability. Trump's statement, which lauded his ownership of the hotel, which he is selling, also criticized Racine's investigation, claiming it was an "example of weaponizing law enforcement against the Republican party and, in particular, the former president of the United States."

"So bad for our Country!" Trump said.

The $750,000 will be given to two D.C. nonprofits that "promote civic engagement, democracy, and youth leadership," according to Racine's office.

Lee Balack, an attorney for the inaugural committee, said in a statement that the committee still disputes the allegations made by Racine's office, but settled because its "insurer determined that settlement was prudent simply to avoid the significant costs of litigating these baseless allegations through trial."

"It would have required the (committee's) insurer to spend double the amount of this insurance settlement just to try this case to verdict, and thus this modest settlement payment only makes common sense," Balack said.

The insurance company has already paid the $350,000 required by the settlement, according to a committee official.

Racine's office filed suit in 2020 and in the two years since the has deposed Ivanka Trump and Donald Trump Jr., among others in the case.

Robert Weissman, president of the nonprofit advocacy group Public Citizen, hailed the settlement in a statement, noting that the inauguration committee's spending budget was comprised of donations.

"The inauguration gave the Trump gang the opportunity to engage in pure self-dealing, operating on both sides of the deal — but with funds provided by others," Weissman said.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-...gWf3NXQr21Lql_W1fPCjGrYyrRf1_GHWVr9V5A40

Once again Trump whining and blaming everyone else when he gets held accountable. There's no doubt his minions will line up to do the same.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
He’s a world class grifter. His followers are marks. They just don’t realize it.

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
40 will be along shortly with "EXONERATED!"... every time Trump gets a break he celebrates.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Trump Family Legal Jeopardy

Link Copied to Clipboard