Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Hope so, yet vaccinated folks are NOT invincible to the virus. Ya got to live your life, but I hope the coaches are reinforcing the " how important is something to ya"....GO Browns!!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
E
Legend
Legend
E

Floor? What floor?

No Craps Given
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

Floor? What floor?

I bet the end of that thing is on Berry's desk

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Steubenvillian
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

Floor? What floor?

I bet the end of that thing is on Berry's desk

Probably so. It looks like the other end of that rainbow is headed south and west towards Berea.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
T
Legend
Legend
T
Ceiling and floor for the Browns may be effected by the potential signing of DeShaun Watson / trade, whatever, in my opinion.

As of yesterdays search two rumored/ discussed teams as landing spots potentially for the multipleeed accused of sexual indiscretion during massages Watson, were the Eagles and the Broncos.

The Broncos play in the AFC and finishing with a better record because of better QB play would likely effect the AFC playoff race, where as if Watson applied the same better Qb play to the Eagles in a trade it would have no effect because the Eagles are an NFC team and compete for NFC playoff spots in the whole other conference.

Therefore in my opinion, because of the NFL rules for choosing playoff teams with the same record which favor teams that finish 2nd place in their own division, and because of the probably make up of teams expected to do well vs. those not expected to do as well, in the 4 AFC divisions,
it can be reasonably logically guessed, or theorized,
that if Watson, (An everyone agrees really good Qb on the field), or even Aaron Rogers, who is the same, joins the Broncos, who would at best still be in a two way battle for 2nd place in the AFC West,
then that would spell the death nell for any hopes that whatever team in the AFC North finishes 3rd place would have for even a 7th place wild card playoff berth in the 2021-2022 season.

And Since it's a reasonable arugment the Browns are in a 3 way battle for 1st-3rd place in the AFC North, that the potential signing of a better Qb by the Broncos franchise effects the Ceiling and Floor for the Browns.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I pray that you start making sense someday.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
The Browns ceiling/floor shouldn't have anything to do with where another player signs or plays. If we're worried about other teams, we're doing it wrong.

As a fan, I know some teams are better than others. I know there's a lot of homerism touted by all fans, but if there's anyone who legitimately doesn't think we can win it all, you're just a negative nancy. cool

I don't think the Browns will finish any worse than 2nd in their division. But as always, things can be impacted by injuries. As our team stands now, we have a very good chance of winning the Super Bowl.

I've seen it in the thread here somewhere, but the floor should be playoffs. The ceiling obviously the Lombardi Trophy.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
In most preseason articles the Browns power ranking is 3rd in the AFC and 4th in the NFL. On paper, they have the talent to win it all, but as the saying goes, the game isn't played on paper.

It's all about the defense. How good will it be? Can it stop the Steelers, Ravens, Bills, and Chiefs offenses? My answer is yes it can.

The ceiling is division and conference champions.

The floor is losing in the Wildcard game. (which isn't going to happen)

GO BROWNS!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The key of all keys is that we finally have a competent head coach and coaching staff.

No new system this year for the first time in forever!

Legend
Legend
Quote:
I will start with "the ceiling." If you buy what Marc Ross stated and you believe in Stefanski and his staff.
Well Super Bowl has to be a logical step.

You need some breaks to go your way to win the SB.
But again I am an optimist and I am getting pretty old so win now means something. There are some very good teams in the AFC. Start with the Chiefs. Then you have the Bills and Ravens.

The Floor.
I would say the floor is we get into the playoffs as a wild card; win a game and then lose.

I agree with those. I mean, the Browns could lose their first playoff game, once it comes down to one game you never know. But making the playoffs and seeing an early exit is the floor. Winning the super bowl is a real possibility.

Was listening to something the other day that my son shared with me and the topic was "Can the Bucs repeat?".. and one of the former players said, "It's quite likely the Bucs could get to the super bowl again because all of the other dominant teams, like the Chiefs and Browns, are in the AFC. And once they get there, it's hard to bet against Tom Brady." Just hearing the Browns used in that context (and knowing that they are serious) sends chills down my spine.

yebat' Putin
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
We are for real and the league and the people in the know see it too.

I say we will be a dynasty, I see how this roster is set up and I see no way we don't win big for at least the next decade and maybe beyond.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ceiling? Super Bowl.

Floor? Losing to the bungles twice.

SaintDawgâ„¢

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
I’m taking the Stefanski approach:
Ceiling 1-0.
Floor 0-1.

Browns fans are born with it...
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:
I will start with "the ceiling." If you buy what Marc Ross stated and you believe in Stefanski and his staff.
Well Super Bowl has to be a logical step.

You need some breaks to go your way to win the SB.
But again I am an optimist and I am getting pretty old so win now means something. There are some very good teams in the AFC. Start with the Chiefs. Then you have the Bills and Ravens.

The Floor.
I would say the floor is we get into the playoffs as a wild card; win a game and then lose.

I agree with those. I mean, the Browns could lose their first playoff game, once it comes down to one game you never know. But making the playoffs and seeing an early exit is the floor. Winning the super bowl is a real possibility.

Was listening to something the other day that my son shared with me and the topic was "Can the Bucs repeat?".. and one of the former players said, "It's quite likely the Bucs could get to the super bowl again because all of the other dominant teams, like the Chiefs and Browns, are in the AFC. And once they get there, it's hard to bet against Tom Brady." Just hearing the Browns used in that context (and knowing that they are serious) sends chills down my spine.

I was coming home from work last week thru western Pa and was listening to a sports talk show and they had somebody from NFL.com on the radio and they asked him how the AFC would shake out. The guy from NFL.com said "it saddens me to say this being from KC but I have the Browns and Tampa being in the super bowl." The dude from pittsburgh almost fell off his chair. The only thing better was when the guy from NFL.com said that the squealers and Cincy would be fighting for 3rd place in the division.

Legend
Legend
Love that kind of talk! And preseason won't help dispel any of that.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Depending on how much you rely on Pre-Season football what we saw last night was the Browns backups wiped the deck with a mixture of starters and backups from the Jags.

I confess I was flabbergasted with how organized and how well everyone on all sides of the ball played and executed their assignments. I can't believe how well coached this football team clearly is.

I don't give much weight to pre-season football but the coaching these guys are getting showed up.

I believe this team is as well prepared as any I have ever seen, just based on what I saw. I don't believe you can hide a poorly coached team even in pre season.

For that reason alone I believe that this team will be unstoppable this season and for seasons to follow. The backup QB's were well prepared as were O Linemen, RB's, WR, and the same holds true on defense. Very few penalties or holding up play because someone wasn't lined up correctly, it goes on and on this team with the talent we have is about to exceed our wildest dreams.

Again I get it this is pre-season but it was impossible not to notice how well guys on the bottom of the roster were prepared to play and execute.

If you are a Browns fan get used to the phrase "Dynasty" you're going to be saying it a lot in the not so distant future. I honest to God believe this is easily the best coached team in the NFL. Couple that with the talent we have man oh man, I will be shocked if we don't win it all.

Get ready for the ride of a lifetime folks and learn the phrase "Dynasty", your going to be saying it a lot !

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

B
Legend
Legend
B
I will still reserve my use of the term "Dynasty" but I enjoy your enthusiasm.

No doubt we have a high ceiling and a high floor, and with this coach and front office we should enjoy that status for a good while.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Quote:
I don't believe you can hide a poorly coached team even in pre season.

I still can't grasp the fact that we were 4-0 in the preseason of our 0-16 year.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Obviously, you can make make the mistake of giving them too much credit while chugging their kool-aid. Speaking hype-othetically, of course.

We looked good enough for Game the First. I was pleased/relieved. brownie thumbsup

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Let the rainbows begin!

Hitch The Elf to that thing and let's go, Brownies! nanner thumbsup brownie

C
2nd String
2nd String
C
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Quote:
I don't believe you can hide a poorly coached team even in pre season.

I still can't grasp the fact that we were 4-0 in the preseason of our 0-16 year.

The 2008 Lions also went 4-0 in preseason before going 0-16

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
Superbowl ceiling

Mayfield on IR floor

brutal

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by SuperBrown
The key of all keys is that we finally have a competent head coach and coaching staff.

No new system this year for the first time in forever!

[Linked Image from 31.media.tumblr.com]

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Ouch .... some of these predictions were really tough to go back and read.

I also can't believe how fast football goes by ....

August DOES NOT feel like it was just five months ago.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
Ceiling is, of course, Super Bowl

The floor is 0-16. Ok, probably not that, but still something MEGA disappointing like 6-10. Let's face it, we're good - on paper. The one ghost we haven't kicked, yet, is delivering big when we're expected to. Every single time we've gone into a season with expectations, or had a player hyped, we've failed to deliver.

Josh Gordon has a breakout year, then expectations hit and he wilts.
Weeden & Crew have a big year, then JJ, K2, and Edwards can't bail him out enough the following year.
Peyton Hillis on the cover of Madden.
LeCharles Bentley plays basketball.
K2 rides a motorcycle.
Staph infections appear on Oprah Giveaway Day.
Butch Davis takes us to the playoffs... then the outhouse.
Freddie Kitchens.

This franchise's recent history is literally a constantly recurring cautionary tale against having Hope and high expectations.
So, our floor is that level of disappointment. We know it all too well.

Now, I think this roster simply has too much talent everywhere for that to happen, but I've learned to Never say Never with that stuff.
Hope for the Best, Prepare for the Worst.

Not too far off on the Floor, and following the pattern nicely.
Well done, Berea!

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
I have battered Browns syndrome and I probably would have said 7-8 wins was the floor. This was about as bad as the year could have gone for this team and franchise. It sucks.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
want to see the floor let Mayfield get injured and not play 1 down

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Ceiling and Floor for the Browns

Link Copied to Clipboard