Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Pdawg

And so it begins ...

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Also .... it's day 1 of training camp, and practice between a rookie WR and his QB.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Walker had that role with the Colts.

So this will be nothing new for him.

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
ummm.... Parkey missed all of his kicks... eek

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
ummm.... Parkey missed all of his kicks... eek

Seriously????? ... oh my gosh.

(Is Blake Haubiel going to be cut by the Titans?)

The one thing, logically, analytics, one would think, would be able to find the best at, is the angle and trajectory of kicks and punts and stuff.
Yet Last year after week #1, and today week #1 is 45 days out and consistently the kicker situation is a trainwreck.

46 yarders or less should "feel" like it's a given it's going in. You should be surprised at a miss, not "oh yeah we knew that was coming."

(If your team is projected to win 4 games all year, the over under is 4 and a half wins in vegas, Those Years<
Those years having a bad kicker wouldn't be the reason you missed the playoffs.
But in a year where your team is on the Brink of winning something big, it's magnified.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Legend
Legend
Mack Wilson attached himself to Anthony Walker and has improved: Browns Training Camp Day 2 takeaways

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/07...-takeaways.html

By Mary Kay Cabot, cleveland.com
CLEVELAND, Ohio — Browns linebacker Mack Wilson, who was in jeopardy of being on the bubble this summer when the Browns added some weakside linebackers, has attached himself at the hip to middle linebacker Anthony Walker, and has earned the first-team weakside reps at the start of camp.

When the Browns drafted Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah and Tony Fields II, and re-signed Malcolm Smith, it looked like Wilson might have to battle his way onto the roster. But when Walker came on board as a free agent from the Colts, Wilson was smart enough to latch on and absorb some of his wisdom and knowledge.

As a result, Wilson had an excellent spring and impressed the coaching staff, including defensive coordinator Joe Woods, who values veteran experience. Wilson has also gotten even more of a chance to shine early in camp because Owusu-Koramoah is on the COVID-19 reserve list, and Fields is sidelined with his second foot injury since before rookie camp.

“Mack is in a great place,’’ Stefanski said. “He’s working really, really hard. He had a great offseason. Both physically and mentally what he did within the scheme, I thought he did a nice job. He’s out here, and I think we can’t look too much into who’s running with the ones. This is a competition, and we’re all competing. Now, we are going to start in one place, but everybody is fighting for those jobs every single day. Mack is doing a nice job.”

Walker, a four-year veteran of the Colts, is such a great leader that he distributes his notes on the opponent to his teammates to help them prepare. He’s made such an influence on Wilson that he’s got an excellent of chance of not only making the team, but contributing a lot or even starting early on.

The Browns hope that Owusu-Koramoah will ultimately win the starting job, but he’ll have some catching up to do after he comes off the COVID-19 list presumably next week. The good thing is that Owusu-Koramoah has been asymptomatic and he’s been able to work out and stay in shape.

As for Wilson, he missed the first three games of last season after suffering a hyperextended knee, and didn’t have the year he hoped.

Greedy Williams back on the field after heat-related issue

Williams was back on the field Thursday after leaving with a trainer Wednesday with a heat-related issue.

“The trainers just said I looked suspicious, so they pulled me,’’ Williams tweeted Wednesday night. “I feel great and I’m excited to be back out there.’’

The medical staff noticed that Williams, who sat out all last season with axillary damage in his shoulder, looked awkward in some drills and reacted quickly. They’re being extra cautious with him and other players coming off injuries and surgeries this season. It’s why they rested Odell Beckham Jr., Grant Delpit and JoJo Natson on Thursday.

Donovan Peoples-Jones makes the most of his chances

With Beckham and Higgins (rolled ankle) idle on Thursday, second-year pro Donovan Peoples-Jones made the most of his extra reps. Baker Mayfield is excited about his development, and the Browns expect him to take a big step up.

“Donovan did a nice job for us last year as a rookie,’’ Stefanski said. “You saw his role grow throughout the course of the season. A very intelligent football player, and we knew that from the jump with him. He could line up everywhere and do his job. We’re looking forward to seeing what he can do, as he grows and get gets more comfortable with what we’re doing.”

Lamar Jackson still idle

While Mayfield works on his timing with all of his receivers, his Ravens’ counterpart, Lamar Jackson has missed the first two days of camp after testing for positive for COVID-19. Coach John Harbaugh declined to provide an update Thursday on Jackson’s status, and there’s a chance he might have to quarantine for 10 days if he’s unvaccinated.

If that’s the case, it marks a big setback for the Ravens, who have added two new receivers in Rashod Batemen and Sammy Watkins, and three new offensive linemen in Kevin Zeitler, Alejandro Villanueva and third-round pick Ben Cleveland.

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Didn't Lamar get hit with the Rona during last season? Or did they decide to call it the flu?

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Didn't Lamar get hit with the Rona during last season? Or did they decide to call it the flu?

yeah and he had the vaccine.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
IMO I see no way that Wilson or Taki make the team. I feel that neither is worthy of a roster spot. I cannot stand LB's who miss tackles and they both missed to many for my liking.

I don't care how many pieces that are written on either if they are still on the team after camp I would be of the opinion that we still have some work to do on our defensive lineup. I felt the team was lacking on tackling last year in general, and I sure hope that really is an area were we show a great deal of improvement. Phillips when it comes to LB's was our best tackler last year and that boy has some wheels I watched him go from the middle area of the defense while chasing Jackson down, and when he got there he hit Jackson as hard as I have ever seen him hit. I really like Phillips if he can manage to stay healthy he may turn out to be a stud, and we need a stud with speed at LB.

Long story short I am very curious to see where Philips is in terms of his development this year.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg

Not during the regular season he didn't.. There was no vaccine plan before late December

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Where are you getting that he was vaccinated?

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

This camp is huge for both Wilson and Taki.

It comes down to their future with the team.

I will let competition decide their futures.

We have an interesting mix at linebacker now.

Once the season begins I think we will all see the improvement from the unit.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
The feeling I got on that Wilson article is that they're trying to shine him up for a potential post-camp trade. Taki I can see sticking around as depth/ST.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Oh look Carson Glass Wentz is out indefinitely

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3192...-injury-sources

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Also .... it's day 1 of training camp, and practice between a rookie WR and his QB.

I agree with that as well. Baker has to get used to Schwartz's speed.

I still think coaches want to QB to throw it a bit on the "under" on deep balls....say over 35 yards.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg

Not during the regular season he didn't.. There was no vaccine plan before late December

searhced. (NFL.com) Nov. 26th 2020, Lamar Jackson was among 4 Ravens to test positive for Covid-19 for Thanksgiving, per Ian Rappaport.
Also.
Lamar Jackon tests positive for Covid, will be out 10 days, (2 days ago, so July 28th 2021.)

So, Prpl's point I think is, (Or I'm going to make the point from his information)

Lamar Jackson should have had antibody immunity to Covid from the previous known reported positive test near last Thanksgiving in 2020 November 26th, meaning he won't catch covid a 2nd time, because all the people on one side of the issue, (many of em)
often argue, Ya' can't catch covid if you already had it therefore there's no reason to get the shot. <their argument.

"Yeah and he had the vaccine"

The post following, Dawglover05 asks, how can anyone prove he had the vaccine? gist.

If Lamar Jackson also had the vaccine, (when it became available), that is a 2nd reason he should not have re-contracted the disease covid because we know from NFL.com that Lamar tested positive Nov. 26th-ish of 2020.

So he would have the 'Already had covid immunity plus the also, Took the shot got the vaccine immunity, but here he is, reported 2 days ago, He tested positive.

How can we know if Lamar Jackson received the vaccine since the NFL, Media, and powers that be won't allow this personal info to be spoken? Simple!
The NFL has rules against the unvaccinated giving in person interviews which have been in place the last 60-90 days.

If any NFL player has given an in person interview, or really any interview at all, (I think is the rule), in the last 30-60-90 days, then we can know that player has received the vaccine, at least the first shot for sure.

As time marches on with this interview rule it will become more apparent who is not giving interviews, and thus apparent who is not vaccinated, (and who is giving tons of interviews is most definetly must be vaccinated.)

Edit: June 16th 2021
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-n...ose-vaccinated/

From the last paragraph.
The New NFL and NFLPA memos permit fully vaccinated media and team members to conduct in person interviews for the first time in 20 months. gist.

Last edited by THROW LONG; 07/30/21 07:06 PM.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Baker has to get used to Schwartz's speed.

Baker quarterbacked the Browns who won 12 games last year. Schwartz, is a rookie whose team didn't make the college playoff last year.
Schwartz should have to get where he needs to be, so we don't have to make excuses for why he can't come down with a catch.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Is it possible to have a thread on this board that doesn't devolve into the same argument between the same posters about COVID?!!!

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Yeah, that's fair. I'll try to keep my posts within the realm of Pure Football (even when talking COVID).

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
HE'S GREAT, he sucks... HE'S GREAT, he sucks...

Such is the life of a kicker in the NFL.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I was looking for an article that says he wasn't vaccinated.. Couldn't find one.. do you have it.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
Is there any word about McDowell at DT? Someone posted about 20 minutes of video from training camp and in every clip he was standing on the sidelines. They were swapping guys in and out but I failed to see him in on any drills. I was hoping he would make the team but from what I saw it doesn't bode well. Maybe I just missed it and those that were at practice saw something different?

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
B
Legend
Legend
B
It should be a pretty good camp battle. I think less than half the kickers in the league are a lock to make the team, but no doubt coaches like the experience factor which gives the incumbent a big edge.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

Nathan Zegura and Ken Carman are on set from Browns Training camp as practice four is underway.

#gmSTRONG
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see Green start to show something big. This was the first guy Berry gave a very lucrative UDFA contract to. Big money to get him here, and then patience to let it develop and now we're seeing something.

Not only did we get our guys in FA and Newsome in the draft, but we might be adding another stud to the secondary for a couple bucks from last offseason.

-PrplPplEater
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see Green start to show something big. This was the first guy Berry gave a very lucrative UDFA contract to. Big money to get him here, and then patience to let it develop and now we're seeing something.

Not only did we get our guys in FA and Newsome in the draft, but we might be adding another stud to the secondary for a couple bucks from last offseason.

I am right there with you! thumbsup thumbsup The "good" teams seem to find these guys every now and then. Thinking through what it takes for a guy - any guy - to pan out...there needs to be a process:

Discover the right guy(s)...not just talent. The package. Smart, tough accountable.

Signing the guy. Yes...he was a UDFA...but a highly sought-after UDFA. The right story...the right plan...the right $$$.

Last but not least...does/did the guy actually IMPROVE? Do you have the process, plan and coaching to get the guy where you thought he could get when you identified his abilities?

Executing on those three things does not happen by accident.

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Training Camp 2021

Link Copied to Clipboard