Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Legend
Legend

I have been a direct tv customer for a long time.

Did you call them for this free deal?

Legend
Legend

Does it have the NFL package to watch all games?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Yes, and a sports on Demand that allows you to watch games without ads. Baseball, Hockey, Basketball. Like I said everything 4K channels.

You owe me a drink.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
10 Day Free trail if your paying for Direct TV your getting ripped off. Take the 10 days check it out, you'll love it I promise.

I cannot recommend this any higher. Huge bang for your buck and it's 13.35 per month your crazy if you don't check it out I bet you anything you signup and will never be disappointed.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
Legend
Legend

thanks.

I will check it out.

2nd String
2nd String
Originally Posted By: bonefish

I have been a direct tv customer for a long time.

Did you call them for this free deal?

No I didn't call them. I paid for the package 2 years ago and last year they sent me an email saying they were letting me have it for free. I didn't get a message this year so thought it was a one year deal. I checked this morning and it showed I got if for free again this year.

To answer one of the other questions I read here, yes it includes every game.

The Constitution shall never be construe to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. – Samuel Adams
P
Legend
Legend
P
While you have a great point, the entire "if DPJ is breaking out" is one huge question mark. We've seen this movie before and if we played the odds based on how it's went thus far, the odds are that movie isn't going to end the way we want it to.

I'm sure we all hope it does, but that's far from being settled.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Rookie
Rookie
T
Just to piggyback on that PIT, don't you all see DPJ as more of a potential replacement for OBJ, and Higgins as more of a potential replacement for Jarvis? That's how I've been viewing it, but would be interested in hearing others views on skill sets, offensive role, etc.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I agree with you in terms of what their skill sets seems to be. I however do think that the skill set of DPJ could be transferred into filling the role of Landry. He seems to be a fairly good route runner and has speed. So I wouldn't say his skill set would disqualify him.

But on the surface, based on what we know and how these two are currently being used, I would say you're correct.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

A new Cleveland Browns leader, Malik Jackson aiming to build what he says fuels title runs

BEREA — Malik Jackson has yet to play a down for the Browns, but he has already made a difference.

When NFL players switch teams, it can take a while for them to establish a commanding presence in a new environment, yet there are also outliers who bring instant leadership to a locker room.

A free-agent acquisition in March, Jackson fits the second category.

“Having him on the team is like having an extra coach,” Andrew Billings, who's projected to start at defensive tackle alongside Jackson, said last week during training camp.

In June, Jackson spearheaded a defensive line get-together at House of Athlete, a state-of-the-art training facility in Weston, Florida, founded by former NFL wide receiver Brandon Marshall. Jackson, Billings and All-Pro end Myles Garrett were among about seven Browns defensive linemen who worked out for three days under the guidance of Troy Jones, HOA's director of performance science and education.

“Brandon Marshall has a great spot down there at House of Athlete. Working with Troy, it was really an honor. I took the D-line down there during the OTAs and we were able to work with the coach, just get together, have a little fun, do some work,” Jackson told the Beacon Journal last week.

“We were able to have a good time together, laugh together, really speak, get to know each other's voices, just get to understand who each other are, and I thought it was a good experience.”

Cleveland Browns defensive tackle Malik Jackson trains under the guidance of Troy Jones at House of Athlete in Weston, Florida.
Cleveland Browns defensive tackle Malik Jackson trains under the guidance of Troy Jones at House of Athlete in Weston, Florida.
PHOTO COURTESY OF TROY JONES
Myles Garrett looks to take charge, too: Star defensive end thinks his leadership more important than ever: 'We've had the talent' before

Jackson, 31, is one of two Browns players who has won what is now in the organization's crosshairs — a Super Bowl. The other is linebacker Malcolm Smith. Coincidentally, they have known each other since their days growing up in the San Fernando Valley. Jackson said Smith was the first person he called when the Browns came into focus as a suitor.

The appeal of reuniting with another familiar face — defensive coordinator Joe Woods — led Jackson to the Browns. Woods knows Jackson well and wanted him to become an important piece of the puzzle as General Manager Andrew Berry overhauled the defense in the offseason.

“[Woods is] the reason I came,” said Jackson, who joined the Browns by signing a one-year deal worth $4.5 million with incentives.

As a member of the 2015 Denver Broncos, Jackson recovered a fumble by quarterback Cam Newton in the end zone for his first and only career touchdown in a 24-10 victory over the Carolina Panthers in Super Bowl 50. At the time, Woods was the Broncos' defensive backs coach.

Joe Woods not feeling more pressure with influx of talent on defense: 'I've been on the hot seat for 30 years'

The title run taught Jackson camaraderie among players is “the most important” ingredient to success in the NFL, and it's exactly what he has been striving to build with his new linemates, whether their quality time has been spent at House of Athlete, CrossCountry Mortgage Campus in Berea or elsewhere.

“If I tell you, 'come on, man, get your s--- together,' I'm not coming from a mean place. I'm coming from a place where we've just got to get it. I've seen what your best is, so if we don't have that camaraderie and you're thinking I'm being disrespectful and you're taking it to the streets, that's not what it is,” Jackson said.

“Being able to come together, have a conversation, understand who each other are, how we talk, what happens when we get mad, but still understanding, still letting everybody know, it's still about respect and it's always going to be about respect [is vital].”

Asked Tuesday what Jackson has brought to the Browns, the first word out of coach Kevin Stefanski's mouth was "leadership."

The Browns hope their revamped defense can establish enough trust and chemistry to hit the ground running in the Sept. 12 regular-season opener against the defending AFC champion Kansas City Chiefs.

Stefanski said having veterans like Jackson, linebacker Anthony Walker Jr., safety John Johnson III and nickelback Troy Hill among the new faces bodes well for the defense.

"Guys who aren't afraid to take leadership roles on is important when you're talking about a defense jelling or a team jelling," Stefanski said.

Cleveland Browns' Malik Jackson donates Juneteenth books to students
Jackson's leadership extends beyond football.

He is committed to donating copies of the Juneteenth-themed children's book “All Different Now: Juneteenth, the First Day of Freedom” written by Angela Johnson and illustrated by E.B. Lewis. Students from George Washington Carver STEM School in the Cleveland Metropolitan School District received books in June. Jackson said he and his camp are working on sending more books to other schools and libraries in the area.

Malik Jackson is committed to donating copies of the Juneteenth-themed children's book “All Different Now: Juneteenth, the First Day of Freedom” written by Angela Johnson and illustrated by E.B. Lewis.
AKRON BEACON JOURNAL
President Joe Biden signed legislation two months ago to make Juneteenth a federal holiday. On June 19, 1865, Union soldiers arrived in Galveston, Texas, where Maj. Gen. Gordon Granger announced all slaves were free.

“We'd like to hopefully [donate books] all around the country, but just want to start in the community that's blessing me,” Jackson said. “It really was on my heart because of what Juneteenth meant to me. A lot of people think that it just became a holiday, but it's been a holiday for decades. It just finally got that significance [of being established as a federal holiday].

"I wanted to let these kids know the truth about what really happened. The book allows a parent to really dictate the conversation with how much they want to tell depending on how young the kid is."

Malik Jackson is feeling good nearly two years removed from foot injury
Although the impact Jackson would like to have on the community transcends sports, he knows people are counting on him to deliver on the field, too.

“He's a missile,” linebacker Sione Takitaki said. “You want guys like that up front that disrupt things and get after the quarterback. It starts up front with our defense.”

A Pro Bowl selection with the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2017, Jackson suffered a Lisfranc injury as a member of the Philadelphia Eagles in the 2019 opener and underwent season-ending foot surgery.

Malik Jackson suffered a season-ending injury with the Philadelphia Eagles in 2019 but returned to play 15 games in 2020.

Jackson rebounded last year to play 15 of 16 games, with one start, for the Eagles, but he said in March “mental blocks” coming off a major injury interfered with his 2020 season. He logged 48.8% of the snaps and had 28 tackles, 2½ sacks, 13 quarterback hits, two passes defensed and a fumble recovery. He finished 61st among the 125 qualifying defensive tackles ProFootballFocus.com graded.

“I feel good. I'm not thinking about the foot too much anymore. I'm not worried about how it's going to feel or if I do something. So that's taking a lot of worry off my mind,” Jackson said.

“I'm just ready for this season to get started, to really go out here and reach these incentives that the team has blessed me with and really just get these team goals and get as far as we can. We understand what we have and what we can accomplish, but we've just got to get it done. I'm just ready to continue to build myself out here [in camp], but really when that season comes, turn it on and just be exactly who I know I am.”

Malik Jackson isn't as low-key as Myles Garrett, Jadeveon Clowney
Jackson said playing on a line with former No. 1 overall draft picks Garrett and Jadeveon Clowney at right and left end “boosts up the expectations” for the entire group. Jackson has been learning their personalities and styles.

“Myles is super quiet. He just gets his work done. Then you turn on the film, and you're like, 'Wow, he's showing up,'” Jackson said. “Clowney, he's really the same. Just quiet. Comes out here, tells all the jokes, really funny guy. But when you turn on the film, there's nothing funny about it.”

Browns

Jackson's demeanor is different. After two-time Pro Bowl running back Nick Chubb broke off a long gain to the left in an 11-on-11 period Tuesday, Jackson yelled toward the offense's players and coaches, challenging them to run the ball directly at him.

“I'm talking s---. I'm in your face. I'm letting you know what's up,” he said.

Jackson knows firsthand what a dominant pass rush can accomplish. The Broncos had 14 sacks in their three 2015 playoff games, including the Super Bowl. Von Miller had five postseason sacks. DeMarcus Ware had 3½. Jackson's fumble recovery for a TD came off a Miller strip-sack.

The Browns dream of their defensive front dominating in similar fashion.

“We've just got to go out there and do it,” Jackson said. “That's just staying healthy, knowing our plays, and when we get out there, just play fast and physical. I know with our two ends, they're going to get that done.

“It's just up to me and Andrew [Billings] and everybody else on the inside just to match that intensity and make sure we are where we're supposed to be, so when they make that quarterback step up, we're right there. We'll play hard. We'll play together. We have four dogs on that D-line at all times, and we're just going to go after it and get it.”

Last edited by Pdawg; 08/12/21 01:03 PM.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
For sure... I'm not saying we should hand him OBJ's spot at this point. The guy needs to show up in gametime, and I think he'll get plenty of chances to do that this season.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think we're very much on the same page. The objective is to develop your draft picks and UDFA's where as time goes on they can be prepared to replace your much higher priced players. The salary cap dictates this is how a team must do things to stay at the top. For anyone who thinks otherwise they just need to look at how BB managed the Patriots. Yes he had Brady. But as it pertains to the rest of the roster he changed personnel around at the drop of a hat when a players price got too high.

As for myself I think it's obvious the current powers that be understand that and are deploying that strategy. It's too early in the process to know how well they will accomplish that but signs are leaning in a positive direction. But each player has his own timeline. How fast or how quickly that comes to fruition is certainly not set in stone.

My best guess is that even if these young WR's don't develop quickly, this FO will certainly not offer either OBJ or Landry any long term extension. At that point even if they're still needed they won't be looked at as a long term solution.

So it may be that even of we could still use them due to the youngsters not being quite ready for prime time, the problem could end up being that neither of them would be willing to agree to a short term deal and they could end up leaving regardless.

#gmstrong
T
Rookie
Rookie
T
Totally agree with those points.

I would still probably overpay on another Landry contract, to a degree. He's just so good for this team above his statline. But it's a no-brainer that we can't keep both, and if Jarvis wants a big payday, I guess you let him go find it.

Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Seems like JJ3 was a good acquisition for sure.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
While you have a great point, the entire "if DPJ is breaking out" is one huge question mark. We've seen this movie before and if we played the odds based on how it's went thus far, the odds are that movie isn't going to end the way we want it to.

I'm sure we all hope it does, but that's far from being settled.

Right, and by seasons end, we should know. I am not talking about signing and cutting people right now.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: Brown to the Bone
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Landry is due 15 mil next year with a 1 mil cap hit. I think I would cut him and keep Teller.

SMH, wow

Why??

I think keeping Teller is more important to the long term health of the team.

I don't want to cut Landry, but he is paid a ton and his role looks to be diminishing if DPJ is breaking out.

Depends on how you look at it.. That is also 1.5 million we can't use to bring in another player. OBJ and Landry will be pretty much done after 2022. Which, feels like is our window to win a Superbowl.

The fact landry is done after next year is another reason. Landry is through 23 if I am not mistaken. As for the dead money, I said 1 mil, you said 1.5, it doesn't matter and I don't think that 1.5 will make all that much of a difference. We can "find" 1.5 mil one way or the other if it really makes a difference in getting a good player.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Brown to the Bone
Try Apollo TV Group for all your viewing wants and needs for a fraction of the cost, no BS. I pay $12.53 a month for everything and when I say everything I mean everything. People don't believe me when I tell them. They have a free trial and the price is in the $20 now but still an unbelievable bargain. You pay by the year BTW. Oh and I highly recommend you get a VPN which will set you back @80 for 4-5 years.

You owe me a drink to BTW.

"Is Apollo Group TV Legal?
It’s impossible for TROYPOINT to determine whether these unverified IPTV services hold the proper licensing.

If and when an IPTV service is deemed illegal, we notify our users immediately and update reports on our Website to reflect that information.

At first glance, it would appear that Apollo Group TV may be distributing copyrighted content without the proper licensing.

In conclusion, the end-user is responsible for all content accessed through Free IPTV Apps and paid services such as Apollo Group TV."
https://www.bing.com/search?q=is+apollo+tv+legal&FORM=QSRE5

No Thanks. It's probably why the trials are closed and they want payment in full, up front.

Nobody owes me a drink. I don't like to see my fellow dawgs in a legal mess. If you can't get it through a app store, stay away.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Training Camp Log, Day 13: Jordan Elliott tries to add weight after losing 20 pounds

https://www.brownszone.com/2021/08/12/tr...sing-20-pounds/

TIPPING THE SCALES: Defensive tackle Jordan Elliott wanted to run better, so he lost 20 pounds in the offseason and said he’s at 285. The coaches want him a bit stronger, so he’s trying to get back up to around 300.

“Yeah, there is going to be a little loss of strength with that, but it is coming back,” said Elliott, a third-round pick in 2020. “I have to just eat — as simple as that. Just being consistent with that, staying in the weight room and putting on lean muscle.”

He’s expected to be part of the tackle rotation behind starters Malik Jackson and Andrew Billings.

NEWS OF THE DAY: Coach Kevin Stefanski moved up practice about an hour to 1:30 p.m. to beat potential storms. He wanted to work outside after practicing in the field house Wednesday.

“I know the big guys prefer to be on the grass as opposed to inside,” he said.

Likely due to the time change, the crowd was the smallest of camp. Stefanski led the team toward the bleachers after the session and they thanked the fans for coming out early.

Majority of starters won’t play in preseason opener, and Kevin Stefanski won’t say if they’ll play at all before Week 1

CAMPER OF THE DAY: The practice was light on action, but tight end Austin Hooper set up and scored the winning touchdown in a two-minute drill. He caught a pass over the middle, then got free down the left sideline for a 10-yard touchdown from Baker Mayfield with no time left.

(CONTROVERSIAL) PLAY OF THE DAY: Tight end Harrison Bryant came down with the deep out from Mayfield, but safety John Johnson III came up gesturing for an offensive pass interference call. Johnson had a point. Bryant nudged Johnson in the back with both hands to create the necessary separation.

QUOTE OF THE DAY: “Ant is a huge, huge leader. Ant knows what it means to be able to lock in day in and day out. He keys in on the smaller aspects of the game. Not really the broad aspects of the entire play, but he’ll sit you down to focus on the small formations of the offense, being able to focus on the personnel, the small keys a quarterback might give you. He’s been an extreme help for the young guys, specifically me.” — Rookie linebacker Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah on middle linebacker Anthony Walker Jr.

FRIDAY’S SCHEDULE: The team will travel to Jacksonville for Saturday’s game. The next practice in Berea is Tuesday at 2:25 p.m. It’s open to the fans.

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

I’m excited to see him play this weekend

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
T
Legend
Legend
T
They should move practice times to 4:25 pm, they have 4 games at 4 pm on the schedule and 2 night games, and regularly don't play well in 4 pm games.

L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Tomorrow can't come fast enough!

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
They should move practice times to 4:25 pm, they have 4 games at 4 pm on the schedule and 2 night games, and regularly don't play well in 4 pm games.

A good point.

It may not matter now, but the week of games I sure would.

On west coast trips, rather than fly out on Friday, which I think they do now, I'd make it Thursday after a morning practice, though that might not matter as much because going back east is when most people get the lag.

I think on those trips the team flys back after the game, getting in around 2am. I am wondering if it would be better to just stay on the west coast, catch a 7am flight back to Cleveland and be in around 2 in the afternoon on Monday.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Nice read on Davion Davis by Camryn Justice...

Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
You need to go and do a bit of reading it isn't illegal to receive a TV signal from anyone it is however illegal to distribute a signal or share it. That said and under the law by receiving this service you aren't breaking any law. That is a FACT BTW.

I questioned it as well and went and read the law, you aren't doing a thing wrong by receiving this service, NOTHING.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What's LB Anthony Walker's status?

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown

He's practicing.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown

Stud LB ~ Cleveland Browns

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend

Last edited by GratefulDawg; 08/17/21 08:25 PM.

#gmSTRONG
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Training Camp 2021

Link Copied to Clipboard