Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Looking Ahead the Whole NFL, I want to discuss teams success levels. Not players or Coaches as individuals and not just the AFC North.

Pick One Team, and discuss how they are going to be better than everyone is saying, or worse than everyone is saying, or even the same.

CBS Sports top 100 players and players of the year awards, and Christian McCaffery Rb Carolina Panthers is shown much love.

The Panthers, Carolina Panthers, I don't think are going to be very good. There division has, The Saints, The Buccaneers, and the Falcons,
Easily the worst quarterback situation is the Panthers.

I don't think, even a good runningback like McCaffery is going to have the opportunities for the top spots in rushing categories if his team is going to be in 4th place in it's division. They are going to be trailing a lot, their defense is not very good.

I think the Carolina Panthers are in store for a 4th place finish and a bottom 6 finish in the Win loss column league wide.

I think the Steelers are going to be much better than everyone is saying, but more on that later.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
The Jacksonville Jaguars.
Beyond Trevor Lawrence are going to surprise and be a little bit better than one would think, but they are not a threat in their division.

If the Jaguars were compared to bad Browns teams from the past they may be the very worst of the group, it is void of talent.
Their most improved offensive position group, might be the wide receivers, but they're still just multiple non stellar players.
Their Tight ends group consists of One that I would think would ever make a roster.
The Jaguars biggest strength would be non existent, probably overall attitude and spirit, I think they'll play hard with maybe the least talented NFL team, anywhere. Could we compare them to the 99' Browns, I don't want to go through that but my first guess is the 99' Browns had more talent
But the Jaguars will win more games, maybe 4.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
https://www.si.com/nfl/lions/news/pros-and-cons-lions-signing-veteran-golden-tate

In this article a Lions reporter discusses whether or not to sign a 32 year old player Golden Tate, who has had a productive career, or whether he may end up on the Rams.

The Browns play the Lions in Cleveland November 21st, sandwiched between road games at New England and at Baltimore.

T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
https://www.milehighreport.com/2021/6/10/22527165/broncos-secondary-best-in-nfl

The Broncos might have the best secondary in the entire NFL? Says Pff.

Broncos may have the best secondary but also may have the worst starting quarterback in the NFL.

This would ask the question, How important is it for Baker Mayfield to figure out how to combat that team strength when the Browns play the team mentioned in Cleveland on week number seven.

They think they're flying under the radar in the AFC west, really if they are any good at all it hurts teams in better divisions, like the AFC north.

Mentioned, Pat Shurmur.
Their Runningback room?
Melvin Gordon, Javonte Williams, (1st year), and ? (They still have Bradley Chubb defender.)

the question starts to become, which teams have the top 7 or 8 secondaries in the AFC, Are the Browns secondary in the top 3, top 5, top 8 of the AFC Dbs' or are they lower. I know we hear so much about the constant drone of how great the Steelers and Ravens defenses play as a whole every year, so for the Browns, it's not for lack of investment in the Db's as the Browns seem to value Db's highly.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum 2021 The Whole NFL Teams looking ahead

Link Copied to Clipboard