Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
They are more like private security/VIP bodyguards than they are like police officers IMO. They are charged with protecting and securing the capitol and congress rather than the public at large. But even ordinary cops lose those rules in say an active shooter setting, which is the closest I can think of to an unfolding insurrection where people are actively seeking other people to harm. The second they started the hang Mike Pence or the get Nancy crap they crossed that line. The line was really crossed the second they forced their way into the capitol building. They all should have been tear gassed right there. And those wearing gas mask (as some were), could have been taken out with lots of rubber bullets.

Sometimes I wonder why we don't have police weapons initially loaded with a clip of rubber bullets, with additional clips of actual bullets on their belt. It takes what(?) two seconds to change a clip and load the chamber? Or to use a speed loader or moon clip on a revolver?

TBH Babbit probably died because that officer did not carry a taser or other non-lethal weapon.

More or less. The Capitol Police are regulated by the capitol police board, so there aren't any state regulations or oversight. They are pretty much a private army in place to protect members of congress.

This should be repeated: "They are pretty much a private army in place to protect members of congress. "

There job was to protect congress... That's what they were doing when the dimwits stormed the capital on the indirect orders from Trump and the direct orders of some of his more witless followers..

Remember that when you attempt to defend the woman that got shot..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan
JC..

If one forces their way into a federal building, especially one that is occupied, even more so in a riot, they accept the consequences and results of their actions.

These are the same people who will proclaim loudly how they would shoot any intruder on their property, much less one breaking into their house.

ZACTLY !

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Legend
Legend
P
What we saw were protestors directly threatening the life of those in congress and the vice president. The point where the last obstacle they faced was at that door. Beyond that door they would have direct contact with the very people whose life they had been threatening. That was the point of no return.

This sadly was the consequence she paid for her decision to listen and believe a carnival barker and his merry band of liars who made an informed decision to try and lead their supporters to violence. It worked. And sadly she was one of their victims.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
jc

McCarthy threatens companies that comply with Jan. 6 probe’s phone records requests

Myah Ward
Tue, August 31, 2021, 2:02 PM·2 min read

Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy on Tuesday threatened to use a future GOP majority to punish companies that comply with the House’s Jan. 6 investigators, warning that “a Republican majority will not forget.”

McCarthy called out Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.) and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for what he called “attempts to strong-arm private companies to turn over individuals’ private data.” He asserted that such a forfeiture of information would “put every American with a phone or computer in the crosshairs of a surveillance state run by Democrat politicians.”

The select panel investigating the Jan. 6 insurrection took its first step in obtaining phone records on Monday, asking an array of telecommunications companies to save records relevant to the attack — a request that could include records from some lawmakers. More than 30 companies, including Apple, AT&T and Verizon, received a request for records from April 1, 2020, to Jan. 31, 2021.

On the substance of McCarthy’s complaint, congressional committees have routinely used subpoena power to obtain data from private companies, including phone records, emails and other communications. The Jan. 6 committee has not identified whose communications it is seeking, but it has made clear that members of Congress are among the potential targets, which would be a departure from past practices — one that members of the panel have said they believe is warranted in this case.

The Democratic-led committee’s investigators are looking for a fuller picture of the communications between then-President Donald Trump and members of Congress during the attack. McCarthy is among the Republicans known to have spoken with Trump on Jan. 6.

Republicans have already slammed the investigation’s interest in phone records as an “authoritarian” overreach by Democrats. Though two anti-Trump Republican lawmakers, Reps. Liz Cheney of Wyoming and Adam Kinzinger of Illinois, sit on the select panel, most of the party voted against the committee’s creation, and GOP senators filibustered a bill that would have formed an independent commission to investigate the Capitol insurrection.

“If these companies comply with the Democrat order to turn over private information, they are in violation of federal law and subject to losing their ability to operate in the United States,” McCarthy said in Tuesday’s statement. “If companies still choose to violate federal law, a Republican majority will not forget and will stand with Americans to hold them fully accountable under the law.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mccarthy-threatens-companies-comply-jan-180236369.html

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Talk about signs of guilt... what a crock.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
“If these companies comply with a legal order, they will be violating the law” is basically what he said.

superconfused

Last edited by dawglover05; 08/31/21 08:44 PM.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
rofl

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Jester
jc

McCarthy threatens companies that comply with Jan. 6 probe’s phone records requests

Myah Ward
Tue, August 31, 2021, 2:02 PM·2 min read

Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy on Tuesday threatened to use a future GOP majority to punish companies that comply with the House’s Jan. 6 investigators, warning that “a Republican majority will not forget.”

McCarthy called out Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.) and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for what he called “attempts to strong-arm private companies to turn over individuals’ private data.” He asserted that such a forfeiture of information would “put every American with a phone or computer in the crosshairs of a surveillance state run by Democrat politicians.”

The select panel investigating the Jan. 6 insurrection took its first step in obtaining phone records on Monday, asking an array of telecommunications companies to save records relevant to the attack — a request that could include records from some lawmakers. More than 30 companies, including Apple, AT&T and Verizon, received a request for records from April 1, 2020, to Jan. 31, 2021.

On the substance of McCarthy’s complaint, congressional committees have routinely used subpoena power to obtain data from private companies, including phone records, emails and other communications. The Jan. 6 committee has not identified whose communications it is seeking, but it has made clear that members of Congress are among the potential targets, which would be a departure from past practices — one that members of the panel have said they believe is warranted in this case.

The Democratic-led committee’s investigators are looking for a fuller picture of the communications between then-President Donald Trump and members of Congress during the attack. McCarthy is among the Republicans known to have spoken with Trump on Jan. 6.

Republicans have already slammed the investigation’s interest in phone records as an “authoritarian” overreach by Democrats. Though two anti-Trump Republican lawmakers, Reps. Liz Cheney of Wyoming and Adam Kinzinger of Illinois, sit on the select panel, most of the party voted against the committee’s creation, and GOP senators filibustered a bill that would have formed an independent commission to investigate the Capitol insurrection.

“If these companies comply with the Democrat order to turn over private information, they are in violation of federal law and subject to losing their ability to operate in the United States,” McCarthy said in Tuesday’s statement. “If companies still choose to violate federal law, a Republican majority will not forget and will stand with Americans to hold them fully accountable under the law.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mccarthy-threatens-companies-comply-jan-180236369.html

I have to laugh at this. The only way this happens is if the Republicans had a majority in both the house and senate.

Long after the information would have been provided and made public, most likely to the detriment of Republicans.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Yeah, they are never going to go after the cell phone companies. McCarthy is a nutjob.

Legend
Legend
McCarthy is terrified by what he knows they'll find.......

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
And just think, these bastages and their followers accuse the Democrats of cancel culture. What is it republicans always say? "Well if they're not guilty what are they afraid of?"

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Yet another whackamole with a continuation of what caused Jan. 6th in the first place. And you can bet he won't be held accountable by his own. They'll proclaim these nut jobs innocence the next time they incite violence too.

REP. MADISON CAWTHORN (R-NC): I`ll tell you, anybody who tells you that Joe Biden was duly elected. If our election systems continue to be rigged and continue to be stolen, then it`s going to lead to one place and into bloodshed. And I will tell you, as much as I`m willing to defend our liberty at all costs, there`s nothing that I dread doing more than having to pick up arms against a fellow American.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congres...hed-if-n1278114

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
This dude is the next generation of the looney-tunes from that side of the aisle.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
He's already there. He just doesn't get as much attention as some of the others by the left for some reason. He's already important enough to those on the right that he was a speaker at Trump's Jan. 6th rally.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
j/c

Yet another whackamole with a continuation of what caused Jan. 6th in the first place. And you can bet he won't be held accountable by his own. They'll proclaim these nut jobs innocence the next time they incite violence too.

REP. MADISON CAWTHORN (R-NC): I`ll tell you, anybody who tells you that Joe Biden was duly elected. If our election systems continue to be rigged and continue to be stolen, then it`s going to lead to one place and into bloodshed. And I will tell you, as much as I`m willing to defend our liberty at all costs, there`s nothing that I dread doing more than having to pick up arms against a fellow American.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congres...hed-if-n1278114

im sorry but i can't help but hear/read about people making comments like this and wonder if they actually fantasize about being in a modern civil war. hell we just got out of freaking afghanistan, and yet here the righties go, stay beating on the drums of war. scare tactics that only weaklings engage in.

one thing i never hear about from people like him is this:

whats the end game? of course they all talk about secession and taking up arms. but what actually happens if they win? what happens when they actually get power?

what sort of government do we have? remember, this is him threatening war against the US constitution. so the constitution has to change, law enforcement has to change, congress has to change.

so whats that look like? what is the right wing Utopian dream?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
You know, for a few years now I've been telling liberals they need to arm themselves. At first people thought it was some kind of joke. It doesn't seem so funny now doers it?

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
The Handmade’s Tale is their fantasy land.

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Liz Cheney says Madison Cawthorn's rhetoric on election fraud "seems intended to incite violence"

By Zak Hudak

September 1, 2021 / 12:56 PM / CBS News

One of the two Republicans who sit on the House select committee investigating the deadly January 6 attack on the Capitol said a GOP colleague is "using language that seems intended to incite violence."

"I think every member ought to condemn that, and I'd like to see Leader McCarthy very clearly condemn it and explain how dangerous that is," Wyoming Republican Congresswoman Liz Cheney told CBS News.

She was talking about freshman GOP Congressman Madison Cawthorn's remarks last weekend; while in his home state of North Carolina, he said that there would be "bloodshed" if elections continue to be "rigged" and even suggested he, too, might join the fight.

"I will tell you, as much as I am willing to defend our liberty at all cost, there is nothing that I would dread doing more than having to pick up arms against a fellow American," Cawthorn told members of the Macon County, South Carolina, Republican Party.

A spokesperson for Cawthorn vehemently denied that the congressman was advocating for violence as he spread the baseless claim that the 2020 election was stolen, claiming Cawthorn was "advocating for violence not to occur."

"[Cawthorn] fears others would erroneously choose that route and strongly states that election integrity issues should be resolved peacefully and never through violence," spokesperson Luke Ball said in a statement.

Cawthorn spoke at the Stop the Steal at the Ellipse on January 6 before the crowd marched to the Capitol, and praised them, saying, "This crowd has some fight in it."

Asked by an attendee at the South Carolina event last weekend when Cawthorn would "call us back to Washington again," he replied, "We have a few things in motion I can't make public right now, but this is something that we're working on."

But Ball said that Cawthorn is not working on a protest in Washington and was referring only to working on securing the release of those who were incarcerated for their actions on January 6.

Cawthorn's remarks originally appeared on the Macon County GOP's Facebook page but were removed after they came under scrutiny.

No members of House Republican leadership have addressed Cawthorn's comments. A spokesperson for Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy did not answer whether leadership is considering taking any action against Cawthorn.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/liz-cheney-...amDZHxuN0RKwymI

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
The assumption that this guy thinks through much of anything he says is, IMO, very generous.

The guy is a Grade A loser.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
You know, for a few years now I've been telling liberals they need to arm themselves. At first people thought it was some kind of joke. It doesn't seem so funny now doers it?

Liberals arm themselves Blahahahaha. They better stick to beating up Women and Old People in Portland and Seattle.

Legend
Legend
I took Pit's advice.

I'm not joking around about it, either. Hit the range last week for the first time ever. Shot a .22 semi, a .9mm semi and my 1966 Colt Agent .38spl (2" barrel).

I'll post a pic of my results as soon as I figure out how to get it from my phone to this site.

The guys at the range couldn't believe my results. They were impressed.

Firearms: they're not just for 'Good Ol' boys" any more.

Legend
Legend

E
Legend
Legend
E
40!!!!!!!

No Craps Given
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
I took Pit's advice.

I'm not joking around about it, either. Hit the range last week for the first time ever. Shot a .22 semi, a .9mm semi and my 1966 Colt Agent .38spl (2" barrel).

I'll post a pic of my results as soon as I figure out how to get it from my phone to this site.

Haven't had a gun for 25 years but even I have been contemplating getting one due to the nutjobs on the right.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I took Pit's advice.

Haven't had a gun for 25 years but even I have been contemplating getting one due to the nutjobs on the right.

Going to the range is very fun. A good guard dog is probably a stronger deterent to a criminal. Unless you post a sign that tresspassers will be shot. They wouldnt know otherwise.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
I took Pit's advice.

Going to the range is very fun. A good guard dog is probably a stronger deterent to a criminal. Unless you post a sign that tresspassers will be shot. They wouldnt know otherwise.

Qualified expert marksman in the military and have a 145lb German Shepherd Eve.

A
Legend
Legend
A
I'm surprised by this. We'll have to compare shooting.

Took my, at the time, 12 year old daughter to Cleland's. I didn't get to shoot, cause she was having such a good time. I was literally amazed at her accuracy. (she learned a little, I guess, in the back yard).

I wouldn't have a clue how to put that video on here though.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
I took Pit's advice.

Qualified expert marksman in the military and have a 145lb German Shepherd Eve.

Youre set then!

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING

Missed you bro!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING

Missed you bro!

Me too! thumbsup

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
I'm surprised by this. We'll have to compare shooting.

Took my, at the time, 12 year old daughter to Cleland's. I didn't get to shoot, cause she was having such a good time. I was literally amazed at her accuracy. (she learned a little, I guess, in the back yard).

I wouldn't have a clue how to put that video on here though.

Quote:
I'm surprised by this.

I'm pretty sure that Dawg Duty is just as surprised, as well. There is a reason for that, as you're now discovering.
I play my personal s# close to the vest, until I'm ready to disclose.

Over the years, I've been involved in any number of gun talks at this address. In all those talks, I have remained consistent: "I am not anti-gun." I've talked openly about my ambivalence regarding guns, but I never expressed why. I grew up a "PK" (Policeman's Kid), with a Dad who concealed-carried, but never worshipped the hardware he wore on his left hip. Guns for me were an everyday fact of life since I was a toddler- and as such, they held no outsized fascination for me. Truth: guns were such an everyday thing for me, I never actually cared about them at all.

I know that Dawg Duty was 'trolling with jokes' (read: "pwning libz"), when he wrote as he did. At the time, I did take note that his humor was based upon the stereotype that "Lefties are Softies"... and I chose to take this opportunity to disavow him of that notion. That's why I posted about my visit to the target range with my BFF: career Military/Full Bird Colonel/USAF, ret. (Thank you for your service, 'Boogamain').

Duty's made public jokes about me driving a Prius (I do not own a Prius) to Band Camp (I play a stringed instrument), as if his "slight" was some kind of legitimate put-down.

I guess my point is this: left-leaning or not, post-HS ed or not, I (like many others of my political stripe) do not comfortably fit The Stereotype that Dawg Duty tried to project, with his diss. I've assumed many, many roles in my life, and this current one is the only one that didn't involve physical labor, sweat, personal risk, and/or dirty hands.

I'm a Blue-collar Browns fan:

1. Piano mover
2, Landscape/yard work
3. Grocery store stock clerk
4. Department Store Loading Dock Grunt (Federated Department Stores/Lazarus, Inc)

(...I spent a lot of my early paid jobs loading and unloading trucks...)

5. Exterior house painter (yes, with 30-ft. extension ladders)
6. 3rd-shift Night Watchman at a local short-haul truck terminal ( Duff Truck Lines)
7. Pipefitter's apprentice
8. Boilermaker's assistant
9. Welder's assistant
10. Oil Refinery Pipeline Transport/Delivery Specialist.

But today, I play a musical instrument, dig around in my garden, discharge firearms that cluster 30+ rounds center-mass @ 25 yards, and talk s# on a Cleveland Browns fansite.

I just wanted him to know who he was effing with... and who was effing with him.

I'm a lot more than meets Duty's eye- or any audience's ear.

You & I can have that TargetTalk. I'm sure I'd enjoy that. My day at the range was a blast- and a revelation.
We should do that talk at some other time, tho- tonight, my main focus is dispelling Dawg Duty's idea of who he thinks he sees, when he reads my posts.

#betterknowyourleftistlimpwristgayfagmusico

p.s. I also spent about 30 minutes with My Best Bro's AR-15.
I didn't discharge it, but learned its basic in's & out's. We'll be working it at the range, the next time I visit.

I make music for money, because I'm really, really good at it, but do not be misled: I am not now, nor have I ever been... "soft."

O
Legend
Legend
O
Going to range and shooting is SO much fun.

-PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I need to get into that. What's a good range down by us?

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Premier Shooting & Training on 747 is really nice, and I haven't heard anything but good things. They also have self-defense/karate-type classes there geared towards families, so even if you're not so much into guns there's something there for you. Plus it's basically down the street from me.

A buddy of mine goes to Shoot Point Blank in Blue Ash (71/275), and he highly recommends.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty

Liberals arm themselves Blahahahaha. They better stick to beating up Women and Old People in Portland and Seattle.

You're already too late. Several people on this board you call out as being liberals own guns. It's why many with your political leanings won't find imposing your will as easy as you think it will be. We will be ready and waiting for you.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Leave it to you to come back only to support someone who was a loser.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Jan. 6 Rioter Goes Back To Jail Over ‘Addiction’ To Online Conspiracy Theories

Doug Jensen chased Capitol Police Officer Eugene Goodman up the stairs as the mob stormed the Capitol. He’s going back to jail.

A QAnon conspiracy theorist who stormed the U.S. Capitol in support of former President Donald Trump was ordered jailed once again on Thursday after he went online to watch conspiracy videos in violation of his conditions of pretrial release.

Doug Jensen was arrested in Des Moines, Iowa, just two days after the Capitol attack. HuffPost reporter Igor Bobic captured video of Jensen at the head of a mob as he chased Officer Eugene Goodman up a flight of stairs and came within a few feet of the entrance to the Senate chamber.

Judge Timothy J. Kelly, a Donald Trump appointee, ruled on Thursday that Jensen should go back to jail pretrial because he had violated his conditions of release.

Kelly said he let Jensen out of jail previously because Jensen had represented that he was misled by a “pack of lies.” But now, Kelly said, it was clear that Jensen hadn’t had the “wake-up call that he needs” to comply with his conditions of release in the future.

“I ordered the various conditions of release in this case because of the role that the internet conspiracy theories appeared to have played in Mr. Jensen’s alleged conduct,” Kelly said. “One of the reasons ... I decided to let him out with those conditions was in part based on his representations that he understood that they were a ‘pack of lies’ and that he had turned the corner.”

Kelly said Jensen had shown an “inability or unwillingness” to follow the orders of law enforcement, both on Jan. 6 and afterwards.

“I will order his release revoked, and I order that he be remanded into the custody of the U.S. Marshals Service at this time,” Kelly said.

Jensen was released from jail, over the government’s objection, under strict conditions in July. As BuzzFeed News reported last month, a court officer discovered Jensen was using a WiFi-connected iPhone to watch videos online, and had watched a so-called “cyber symposium” that was hosted by MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, a prominent conspiracy theorist who has boosted baseless claims that the 2020 election was stolen.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Hava Arin Levenson Mirell argued during a hearing on Thursday that Jensen “simply cannot be trusted” and had gone “back to the exact same habits that led him to assault Officer Goodman on Jan. 6.”

Mirell argued that Jensen’s consumption of these videos “symptomatic of a bigger problem.”

“He has no respect for this court,” Mirell argued. ”Mr. Jensen does not deserve a second chance. This is not equivalent to a drug response. There is no chemical dependency here.”

Mirell also said that it was important to note that Jensen had previously claimed to have been “cured of his addition” and felt “deceived” by QAnon conspiracy theories.

Christopher Michael Davis, Jensen’s court-appointed lawyer, likened Jensen’s consumption of conspiracy theories to a “compulsion” and noted that it was internet conspiracy theories that led Jensen to the Capitol on Jan. 6.

Davis argued it “sounds a bit Orwellian” for the government to try to lock someone up for watching an internet broadcast, but conceded that conspiracy theories led him to the Capitol.

“Orwellian aside, it was wrong, and he’s not denying that,” Davis argued.

Kelly said that there was clear and convincing evidence that he had violated his conditions of release.

“It’s now clear that he has not experienced the transformation that his lawyer previously described,” Kelly said.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/doug-jens...8tDU8oeNrAmOHfo

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

There you go.

Just look at the sources of super brown.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I look a lot more at the quotes from the main characters. In this case the bulk of the story were quotes by the judge, the prosecutor and the defendants lawyers. A lot of substance with little room for fluff and opinion.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Well, I certainly didn't intend to offend by saying I was surprised by you shooting.

Perhaps later I'll tell of the first time I shot an AR. (it didn't go well for my ears)

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus January 6th Fallout p2

Link Copied to Clipboard