Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I was fine with Chubb, but almost threw something at my TV when the Pats took Michel. As far as QBs, I wanted Darnold. I was OK with Baker, eventually, but I wanted no part of either Rosen or Josh Allen.

The draft is such a crapshoot.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
E
Legend
Legend
E
j/c...
I guess Rosen just sucks. Looks are deceiving.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
I wanted Michel as well. In fact, my other pick Rashad Penny was gone before Chubb and I was pretty upset... My plan was Barkley @ 1 and Josh Allen @ 4.

Then when Chubb was picked I was disappointing that it wasn't Derrius Guice! saywhat

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If you recall, I believe the Browns wanted Penny as well but he went off the board to Seattle a few picks before.

Well sometimes things work out in your favors.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

FATE #1878375 08/26/21 05:53 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I got you beat, man. I wanted either Rosen or Darnold at one, the other Chubb at 4, and Guice in the second round.

I’d have fired myself.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
J/c

I certainly did not want Baker or Rosen. I preferred Darnold or Allen.

I’m of the belief that Allen would have really struggled with the old coaching staff, so who knows what his career would look like if we had taken him.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
O
Legend
Legend
O
At least you settled on someone. I probably would've just been paralyzed by the decision and missed the selection window.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I’m certainly not great about predicting which QBs are going to be great but I feel I’m pretty decent at spotting the ones that are going to be not great. I really did NOT want Darnold. Rosen was dead to me as soon as he started trying to steer the draft away from him to the Browns. I wasn’t sure he wouldn’t be good for someone else but I didn’t want him on the Browns. We desperately needed a person that pulled a team together, he was not that guy. I was on the fence with with Allen but I liked Baker. I felt very much in the minority of people I knew that liked the pick. What’s funny is that I certainly still like him but I’m still not sure he’s going to be “great”. I admit I totally didn’t think Lamar would be anything. I know it’s a couple of different drafts but those were the ones I was paying close attention to QBs.

Last edited by 10YrOvernightSuccess; 08/26/21 11:04 PM.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
At least you settled on someone. I probably would've just been paralyzed by the decision and missed the selection window.
haha yeah having that pick with those options would be so hard

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
If you'll allow a baseball analogy, with all of the embarassing strikeouts we've had at QB, the Baker pick felt like it was swinging for, and hitting, a double. Allen was a swing for the fences, but the unknowns were too many...he appeared another strikeout waiting to happen from this fan's perspective. With both analytics and Dorsey the old school guy liking Baker, that made the most sense. At this point, I think it would be a surprise to most of us if Baker ever hit that top5 ceiling. We'll see, but he can definitely help us compete for SBs as a top10 guy for a long time.

Browns fans are born with it...
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: dnadawg
If you'll allow a baseball analogy, with all of the embarassing strikeouts we've had at QB, the Baker pick felt like it was swinging for, and hitting, a double. Allen was a swing for the fences, but the unknowns were too many...he appeared another strikeout waiting to happen from this fan's perspective. With both analytics and Dorsey the old school guy liking Baker, that made the most sense. At this point, I think it would be a surprise to most of us if Baker ever hit that top5 ceiling. We'll see, but he can definitely help us compete for SBs as a top10 guy for a long time.

I don't think so... at least not much of a surprise to me. He's got all the tools, has worked diligently through some pretty shady circumstances, works hard at his craft and was all but born into a system that will take advantage of any strengths and mitigate bad results from weaknesses. Not sure what the criteria for "top five" is, but Baker could be there by the end of this season. JMHO.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
FATE,

Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Wilson. Is there any kind of season that Baker could have which would place him above those 4? I don't think so. And if Watson was still playing, I'd say he might have the 5th spot locked down. After that, there's a group of like 10 guys that are all in the same conversation with Baker.

I love Baker's progression and potential as our QB...just wish fans would pump the brakes a bit.

Legend
Legend
I would put Baker on par with, and poised to go above, both Wilson and Watson. I don't see anything that they do that Baker doesn't; the only difference being that they've been doing it and Baker is just entering that part of his career.

Brady, Mahomes, and Rodgers are definitely elevated, but at the same time, the gap isn't as large as one might think. Mahomes makes some freaky throws, but take away those two ridiculous targets of his and he gets pretty normal pretty fast.... I can EASILY foresee a season from Baker that puts him in the same conversation as Mahomes. Rodgers and Brady.... the separator there is Time. Can Baker keep it going for the next 10 or so years?

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: dnadawg
FATE,

Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Wilson. Is there any kind of season that Baker could have which would place him above those 4? I don't think so. And if Watson was still playing, I'd say he might have the 5th spot locked down. After that, there's a group of like 10 guys that are all in the same conversation with Baker.

I love Baker's progression and potential as our QB...just wish fans would pump the brakes a bit.

Yes, Baker could have that type of season. I wouldn't be shocked at all.

What's the "pump the brakes" logic? There's a big difference in seeing upside and actual expectations...

FATE #1878619 08/27/21 03:07 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think that's where the actual divide comes into play.

Baker has never been in a situation to where he was set up to succeed. From HC's to OC's, until last season his entire career coaching staffs have been like a revolving door. No stability or continuity.

When looking at changes in Baker's performance from the fist half of last season to the second half of last season, it's easy to see how his trajectory improved. It's easy to see why fans may see the sky as the limit. I'm a little more cautionary than some and more optimistic than some others.

I see with the evidence from last year in focus, that he stands to make further improvement. In fact I see the odds as much greater that he will improve than he won't.

I'm not going to try and get ahead of myself by predicting how much of an improvement that might be. But I can certainly understand why some would.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
I guess consistency is what I need to see more of. Not just a continuation of 2020 into this year, but also game to game. Elite QBs don't have Pittsburgh #1 last year. He has shown he can get as hot as anyone in moments (Bengals #2, Titans 1st half, Ravens #2). But elite QBs need to raise that floor. I'm excited and hopeful to see him play, but if I'm AB, I'll wait to pay him after this season. If it costs me more because he's the elite guy you guys say he is, so be it.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Once again, there's a difference between "is" and "can be".

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Enough already with Rosen....Geez willynilly

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Rosen out again

Link Copied to Clipboard