Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
O
Legend
Legend
O
I could see us being a good final stop for the right aging vet WRs.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
W
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
W
Now being reported OBJ asked to be traded multiple times…during off season and after last game.
Starting to make a little more sense now (the social media dad thing didn’t warrant a release on its own)

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
I laugh at people who claim he will go to a rival and tear it up. The guy has been hurt more than on the field. Since his first couple years in NY, he has only flashed occasionnally. He is not a superstar, and wherever he goes, he will be the same player he was here.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
M
Legend
Legend
M

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Last edited by MemphisBrownie; 11/05/21 09:31 AM.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
If I were a betting man I think we will be more successful without him. Not sure that means the playoffs, but I think having him on the roster vs not having him on the roster isn’t a big deal
No kidding, we’ve dealt with worse. When they start to become a distraction, it’s time to let em go before they become a cancer. Anybody remember Josh Gordon? OBJ….Go where you want, but you can’t stay here.

Last edited by PerfectSpiral; 11/05/21 09:39 AM.

Some day, following the example of the United States of America, there will be a United States of Europe.

George Washington
W
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
W
Not gonna lie, I was a big fan and wanted him to succeed here as with all of our players.
But if he didn’t want to be here, kinda puts it to rest and I don’t have any sympathy for him now.
These big name players get in a rough spot with a team or quarterback and want out..try and force their way on to a better team or situation… That’s b.s.
No such thing as a team to them… just how much money they can make and stats they can put up.
It’s kind of a joke. The league wasn’t like this until free agency.

1 member likes this: LexDawg
O
Legend
Legend
O
Everything now makes a lot more sense.

Now, for me, the shocking part is that they were able to keep it together and under wraps for so long.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
J/C

I've felt that since he got here OBJ was a distraction. I'm not saying it was him or that he even did anything to cause it. There has been, in my opinion, this sense of having to get OBJ the ball and how many targets he gets. Certainly, publicly, he has done nothing to cause trouble. I think his past has followed him and it's always a kind of "wait for it" with him. Even the TV cameras tend to focus on him on the sidelines. I'm not sure if I'm phrasing it correctly, but I've just felt that in one way or another his presence has been some sort of a distraction - again, not due to anything he's even done. At this point, it appears to be addition by subtraction.

There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.
-Derek Jeter
W
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
W
Wasn’t he seen telling teams to “come and get me” like get me outta here… when he first got here?
It kinda makes it impossible for coaches and players to have to put up with that behavior while preaching a team first atmosphere in the locker room.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I don't know about everyone else but I've been in a couple of situations on the job over the years where another employee has been trouble for one reason or another and it made it very uncomfortable for the rest of us to go to work and do our jobs. When said employee left or we got transfered things got much better. It's a bad situation when this happens and the Browns will be much better off that OBJ is gone. JMO

C
Legend
Legend
C
Wait. . . What’s a linchpin?

B
Legend
Legend
B
Cutting through all the gunk, the bottom line is if a player doesn't want to be on the team, you are better off with him off the team.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Yep...if he's not "doing his job" or Baker can't trust him...it's like playing 10 on 11. Any replacement that is on the same page as the other 10 guys could be an improvement.

1 member likes this: mgh888
Legend
Legend
Keeps the wheels from falling off[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Some day, following the example of the United States of America, there will be a United States of Europe.

George Washington
Legend
Legend
HE GONE

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Nobody is claiming that OBJ will tear it up wherever he goes. What is a fact is the Browns do not want OBJ going to a team that will be competitive with them for a playoff position. There's two unquestionable point here, this is not about money because no team is going to pay him 18 million per year with his past performance the last year and a half. So clearing waivers is most likely a foregone conclusion where OBJ can pick his destination which the Browns don't want. Second, assuming that OBJ is looking to be on a contender immediately, which teams have the need and ability to pay for OBJ at a reduced level or which teams will make the move to keep a competitor from getting him?

You can't deny the fact that the LARams are going all in to win this year and play the Super Bowl at home. Don't be surprised if the LARams become a player. Green Bay is another option and playing opposite Adams with Cobb and Lazard in the mix will make the Packers very scary. I'd suspect the LARams would do everything in their power to stop that from happening. Tampa could be an option but I doubt that Brady would want to deal with OBJ's BS. Saints maybe but who's going to throw him the ball with Winston out. Arizona doesn't need him mainly because their WR's are already better IMHO. SFO maybe but they're a run first team just like the one he's fleeing from. Dallas doesn't need him and the rest of the NFC isn't really competitive.

In the AFC there's probably some takers but the Browns are not on board with that kind of move. In any case, LAChargers might be a spot but OBJ would be a #3. I'd be shocked if KCC and Reed would want the turmoil he brings. The Raiders are a possible landing spot with Ruggs now gone and fits OBJ's style of play. No need in TEN and the Colts are a run first team but has a need. PIT wouldn't take him if OBJ paid them too and BAL does not have the type of passing offense OBJ desires. A definite need is available at NEP but I'd be blown away to see Belichick take a guy like OBJ with his history. It goes against everything he stands for. CIN is a no way and the rest are basically noncompetitive in 2021.

When you figure that OBJ's skills have slipped and the attitude he brings (very important), Vegas might be the landing spot but don't count out the Packers or of course the Rams.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
Legend
Legend
There is a game Sunday and life goes on.

4-4 Record.

Going forward with the saga of beckham in the rearview mirror. What happens now will shed light on the team's direction.

Kevin Stefanski is in the spotlight. He has to galvanize the team and try to save the season.

The receiving corp as some slack to pick up. Higgins and DPJ will be heavily relied upon. Jarvis will be a primary target.

Schwartz will need to show he can run routes and catch the ball in traffic.

The TE's will be used plenty.

We have to be prepared that teams will load the box. At the same time we have to depend upon running the ball.

The passing scheme is based upon timing routes steps to quarterback release. That is the scheme we run. Execution is based upon getting the ball out.

Receivers will be expected to catch contested passes and win 50/50 balls.

Baker. Baker will be getting heat like he has his whole career. It will be interesting to see how he responds on the field.

Who knows how the season will go?

O
Legend
Legend
O
It was him or Landry. I thought that one got squelched.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Westy15
Wasn’t he seen telling teams to “come and get me” like get me outta here… when he first got here?
It kinda makes it impossible for coaches and players to have to put up with that behavior while preaching a team first atmosphere in the locker room.

I can't speak to when it happened - Kitchen's era? - but it was widely reported and has been widely reported from many sources. So I do believe it happened.

I think he can be a legit good WR in an offense that suits his style of beating a man 1 on 1 without the need to be running a specific route. But no matter how good he is - I don't think he wanted to ever be here and his leaving is going to only be a positive. It's not as chronic as the Jamie Collins but clearly he's not committed to the team, you can't keep asking for a trade, dropping balls, lining up in the wrong place and tell me you are all in. . . Agree that injuries might be his biggest obstacle to being a top 15-20 WR again.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by bonefish

Baker. Baker will be getting heat like he has his whole career. It will be interesting to see how he responds on the field.

Agree with your post ... on Baker and how he has handled this off the field? I think his level of maturity since his 2nd year is on display. Dude handled everything perfectly. There isn't a thing I would have wanted to hear him say differently. Kudos. Hope that carries over to the game on Sunday.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
1 member likes this: WSU Willie
Legend
Legend
Wondering to myself. hmmm could we sign somebody or will Switzer or Jo Jo get signed off the practice squad?

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum The OBJ-Baker Connection: Linchpin to the season?

Link Copied to Clipboard