Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
The Buckeyes defense was pretty bad that day. Injuries and younger players combined with bad techniques and bad decisions or reads.

they may have changed and gotten healthier, though... One Cb may still be getting healthier.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Sure….that day. It’s because you have a ridiculously young team (on both sides of the ball) learning while playing in live action. Look at the beginning of the season, Stroud was throwing everything high and overthrowing deep balls. He was still figuring it all out, plus trying to slow the game down, emotions and etc.

Same goes with the defense and also the adjustments of having Barnes call the defense. If I remember correctly they were starting 7 new players on D.

My opinion: I expressed this to friends but not on here. This year was going to be interesting, because your current blue bloods were all losing big time QBs. Bama with Mac Jones, Clemson with Trevor, and OSU with Fields. That’s 3 out of 4 previous playoff teams. This was the year for those other team to take advantage of it.

Those three teams have way too much talent to have a bad season. The recruiting they’ve done in the past few years basically has set them up for least the next 2,3,4 years.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not one to make predictions in terms of college kids as freshmen. But I swear that Stroud has to be one of the best freshman QB's I've ever seen play the game. As a freshman I have seen him have some missteps along the way, but his poise under pressure is second to none for such a young kid. Watching him progress and grow, watching him in the NFL will certainly be something I'm looking forward to. And I'm not one who has really promoted the Buckeye QB's at the NFL level. But this kid is different.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
2 members like this: ScottPlayersFacemask, PortlandDawg
Legend
Legend
my guess:

Georgia
OSU
Alabama
Cincinnati

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
If OSU beats Michigan and wins the big 10, they will be in.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
j/c

Big game this Saturday. I'm an OSU fan, wife is a fan of the other team. Our kids got us tickets to the game for our anniversary. (hope my son paid for them. He's doing great financially. Daughter is still in college).

Yesterday, watching the Bucks destroy msu, wife said "I hope next weeks game isn't like this one." I paused, then thought: I guess I'm in a no win situation on Sat. If the Bucks blow out that team, I have to ride home with my wife. Not good. If that team wins, I have to ride home with my wife. Not good."

1 member likes this: FATE
P
Legend
Legend
P
#marriedlife

We all live it. thumbsup

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
He has been really impressive to watch.

My dad called after the game and I was telling him I don’t want the season to end. I wish they could play 10 more games.

Watching this team grow has been so much fun. Watching Stroud throwing it around with Olave, Wilson, and JSN. It’s one thing to have a one player with good hands on offense, but having three and this isn’t even including Ruckert. Henderson has been great and also love seeing he is an option in the pass game too.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
That’s awesome Arch…well besides the ride home, lol.

Have fun at the game!

Legend
Legend
If you'd prefer to go with a Buck fan, that's admittedly not as pretty or charming.....I'm your man! laugh

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by jfanent
If you'd prefer to go with a Buck fan, that's admittedly not as pretty or charming.....I'm your man! laugh
I'll take that into considerat...................................nope. Wife just hit me.

1 member likes this: jfanent
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan
From CBS Sports "Best College Football Bets" tongue

The Six Pack: Ohio State vs. Michigan State, Oregon vs. Utah among best college football bets in Week 12 - CBSSports.com
https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...g-best-college-football-bets-in-week-12/

No. 7 Michigan State at No. 4 Ohio State: One of the more interesting parts of this week is the look-ahead factor. Not only is next week the final week of the regular season, but it's rivalry week. I don't know if you've heard about it, but Ohio State has a rather big rivalry with Michigan that's important to them. Perhaps this is why the Buckeyes have failed to cover a spread in their last seven games ahead of the Michigan rivalry (last year's game was canceled).

When you look at that trend and combine it with the fact that this spread seems pretty disrespectful of the Spartans, it's hard not to lean Sparty's way. I know we took Purdue and got burned by the Buckeyes last week, but head-to-head results aside -- it works both ways, Spartan fans -- Michigan State's a better team than Purdue. Plus, after watching Ohio State play with its food far too often, I'm not ready to buy the idea that it's suddenly flipped the switch because it pounded a Purdue team coming off a huge win. I mean, Purdue did still score 31 points in that game.

While Michigan State's defense gives up a lot of yards, it tightens up in the red zone, which happens to be an area the Ohio State offense has struggled most of the season. The Buckeyes win, but not nearly as easily as the spread suggests. Ohio State 38, Michigan State 24 | Michigan State +19

So this guy's two big picks were for Michigan State to cover and Oregon to win? How do these people have jobs? rofl

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
The two best teams in the country right now are Georgia and Ohio State and I don't think it's all that close, Alabama is probably the 3rd best team but already have a loss and still have to play Georgia in the SEC championship.

Of the other 1 loss teams... Michigan will lose to OSU, OU and Okie St still have to play so one of them will lose, ND will beat Stanford, and ND will get in ahead of an undefeated Cincinnati team.

yebat' Putin
S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted by DCDAWGFAN
ND will beat Stanford, and ND will get in ahead of an undefeated Cincinnati team.

How though? Cincinnati has the head to head, which is also the best win of either team. Notre Dame has one win against the current AP top 25.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
The two best teams in the country right now are Georgia and Ohio State and I don't think it's all that close, Alabama is probably the 3rd best team but already have a loss and still have to play Georgia in the SEC championship.

Of the other 1 loss teams... Michigan will lose to OSU, OU and Okie St still have to play so one of them will lose, ND will beat Stanford, and ND will get in ahead of an undefeated Cincinnati team.

The winner of Oklahoma and Oklahoma State game could shoot up the ratings next week. If Oklahoma they play Okie State again in the Championship game if Okie State they will play Baylor. If Oklahoma beats Okie State back to back or Oklie State beats Oklahoma and then Baylor I think a 12-1 Big Twelve Champion will get in over Cincinnati.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg

The winner of Oklahoma and Oklahoma State game could shoot up the ratings next week. If Oklahoma they play Okie State again in the Championship game if Okie State they will play Baylor. If Oklahoma beats Okie State back to back or Oklie State beats Oklahoma and then Baylor I think a 12-1 Big Twelve Champion will get in over Cincinnati.
But if UGA beats Bama, making them a 2 loss team.. does Cincy get in ahead of Bama or is Cincy out either way?

yebat' Putin
S
Legend
Legend
S

But if UGA beats Bama, making them a 2 loss team.. does Cincy get in ahead of Bama or is Cincy out either way?

The committee sent a clear message when they left PSU out a few years ago. Penn State had the Big Ten championship and a head to head win over Ohio State but OSU got in over them, because they had 1 loss to PSU's 2. I think an undefeated Cincinnati should get in over a 2 loss Alabama.

Legend
Legend
I agree with you that Cincy should get in... but I'm not sure the clear message sent by picking OSU over PSU (2 power 5 teams with good football pedigree) is going to play the same as picking a non-power 5 Cincy team over perennial playoff team like Alabama.

yebat' Putin
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
S
Legend
Legend
S
I agree with you that Cincy should get in... but I'm not sure the clear message sent by picking OSU over PSU (2 power 5 teams with good football pedigree) is going to play the same as picking a non-power 5 Cincy team over perennial playoff team like Alabama.

I see that, but it would be a joke, considering Alabama's resume isn't really that impressive. They have one extra win against the top 25, one of which is an Arkansas team on the verge of being booted out.

Couple that with an extra loss, and possibly 2? I think that would be shameful.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I think a lot of it boils down the the fact that the small teams just don't get the love. We could blame that on the fact that the market and viewership simply wouldn't be there, ( all about the Benjamins ), or that they may see them as fluke that couldn't compete in the actual tournament. I have my thoughts on the matter but no real evidence to support that opinion. Regardless of their reasoning, regardless of their worthiness, I think they will be out whether that's right or wrong.

#gmstrong
S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I think a lot of it boils down the the fact that the small teams just don't get the love. We could blame that on the fact that the market and viewership simply wouldn't be there, ( all about the Benjamins ), or that they may see them as fluke that couldn't compete in the actual tournament. I have my thoughts on the matter but no real evidence to support that opinion. Regardless of their reasoning, regardless of their worthiness, I think they will be out whether that's right or wrong.

Yeah, nobody wants to see Cincinnati or some other program that never goes get the crap kicked out of them, but I feel like the committee has usually gotten it right.

For the record, I think these kinds of conversations will eventually go away as we can all see the movement that is going on in college football. We are going to eventually have less conferences with more teams. Super conferences. Obviously there will still be arguments, since having a bigger conference guarantees you won't play a bunch of teams in your own conference, but this anchor of being out of the power 5 will be gone, which should help the Cincinnati's in college football.

I also think this Cincinnati team is being treated like Boise State of ten years ago, and I think that's false. This team is fundamentally a lot better. They play good defense. Luke Fickell is a really good coach. I think they can line up and play with just about anyone.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

I think they get in over a two loss Bama.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think Concy stands a decent chance to get in. Georgia will be in win or lose in the SEC Champioship game if they beat Georgia Tech this weekend and go into Championship game undefeated. So a terrible scenario for the Bearcats would be for Bama to beat Georgia in Atlanta. Then have Oklahoma or Oklahoma State win the Big Twelve with only 1 loss.

Then it would be #1 - Ohio State or Michigan depending who wins Saturday assuming they also win the Big Ten Championship game.
#2 - Alabama because they just beat Georgia in the biggest game of the year.
#3 - Oklahoma or Oklahoma State for just winning the Big 12.
#4 - Georgia for an undefeated regular season and lone loss to the #2 team on a neutral field.

More than likely

#1 - Georgia
#2 - Ohio State or Michigan whoever wins Saturday assuming they win the Big Ten Championship.
#3 - Oklahoma or Oklahoma State for just winning the Big 12.
#4 - Cincinnati - Only team in contention would be Notre Dame and most years they would get in ahead of Cincy but this year their lone loss would be Cincy and that could not get overlooked.

Chaos scenario

Auburn pulls the upset and beats Bama and then Bama beats Georgia who gets in from the SEC? Just Georgia?
Michigan beats Ohio State but then loses to Wisconsin in the Big Ten Championship game. Does the Big Ten get any teams in? Does both get in?
Oklahoma beats Okie State in Regular season finale but Okie State wins the Big 12 Championship games. Does either team get in? Or niether team get in?

#1 - Cincinnati
#2 - Georgia
#3 - Notre Dame
#4 - Who is the best 2 loss team? Bama, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Oregon, Baylor, Iowa, Pittisburg.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Chaos scenario

Auburn pulls the upset and beats Bama and then Bama beats Georgia who gets in from the SEC? Just Georgia?
Michigan beats Ohio State but then loses to Wisconsin in the Big Ten Championship game. Does the Big Ten get any teams in? Does both get in?
Oklahoma beats Okie State in Regular season finale but Okie State wins the Big 12 Championship games. Does either team get in? Or niether team get in?

#1 - Cincinnati
#2 - Georgia
#3 - Notre Dame
#4 - Who is the best 2 loss team? Bama, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Oregon, Baylor, Iowa, Pittisburg.

Yeah I would have that first 3 locked in, and I think either Michigan or Ok St would have the best argument for that last spot

T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
I'm not one to make predictions in terms of college kids as freshmen. But I swear that Stroud has to be one of the best freshman QB's I've ever seen play the game. As a freshman I have seen him have some missteps along the way, but his poise under pressure is second to none for such a young kid. Watching him progress and grow, watching him in the NFL will certainly be something I'm looking forward to. And I'm not one who has really promoted the Buckeye QB's at the NFL level. But this kid is different.

He just got done playing MSU, and MSU going in had reportedly the worst college pass defense in the entire country.
They played man coverage, and even the covered receivers were open. 4 or 5 open guys on every play? We'll see what this Stroud player does going forward.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
If OSU beats Michigan and wins the big 10, they will be in.

Don't go too far out on a limb there.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by THROW LONG

He just got done playing MSU, and MSU going in had reportedly the worst college pass defense in the entire country.
They played man coverage, and even the covered receivers were open. 4 or 5 open guys on every play? We'll see what this Stroud player does going forward.

Then there's this:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
I suppose this can fit here, since this is a huge score for USC.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...h-in-college-football-coaching-carousel/

USC is set to hire Oklahoma coach Lincoln Riley in its search to replace Clay Helton, sources tell CBS Sports' Dennis Dodd. Riley, 38, has led the Sooners for the past five seasons after taking over for legendary coach Bob Stoops.

Oklahoma went 55-10 under Riley with four Big 12 titles and three College Football Playoff appearances during his tenure. The Sooners posted a 10-2 record in 2021 but missed out on the Big 12 Championship Game after losing to Oklahoma State 37-33 in a Bedlam thriller on Saturday.

After the game, Riley vehemently shot down rumors tying him to the LSU opening, but he was not specifically asked about the the USC vacancy.

Though Riley has been connected to other high-profile openings in the past, including opportunities in the NFL, this is truly a rare, if not unprecedented, move in the modern landscape. He becomes the first Oklahoma coach to leave for another college job since Jim Tatum left OU for Maryland in 1947. This marks the first time the Sooners will be in the market for a new coach since 1999 when they hired Stoops.

Southern California's local talent pool, along with the the appeal of Los Angeles and USC's brand, were focal points in the stunning move, according to The Athletic's Bruce Feldman.

Riley's imminent move West comes as Oklahoma and Texas are set to depart the Big 12 for the SEC. Though the two blue bloods are not scheduled to switch conferences until 2025, it's possible -- if not likely -- that they transition as soon as next year. Southern California is a recruiting hotbed of players who will likely be extremely attracted to Riley's wide open, up-tempo offense. Riley has produced two Heisman Trophy winning quarterbacks (Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray) and sent another to New York as a Heisman Trophy finalist (Jalen Hurts).

Since being hired as the team's offensive coordinator by Stoops ahead of the 2015 season, Riley has led Oklahoma to top-10 offensive performances each season except for 2021 -- the Sooners are tied with SMU for 11th -- reaching as high as No. 1 nationally in 2018.

USC fired Helton two games into the 2021. Helton went 46-24 with the Trojans, including a Rose Bowl victory over Penn State following the 2016 season. Here are takeaways from Sunday's stunning news.

A coup of epic proportions
New USC athletic director Mike Bohn has a relationship with Luke Fickell, one of the hottest names on the coaching market, due to their time together at Cincinnati. Because of that, it was only natural to connect the dots and put Fickell at the top of Bohn's list. Bohn pulled off a ninja move nabbing Riley from Norman in a move that will go down as one of the most monumental hires in recent college football history.

This is the juice that USC needs. The program has to win the public relations fight in Los Angeles, but it has fallen into a place where it's hard to attract a name at the peak of the profession that will play well in L.A. Riley accomplishes both. His success with the Sooners will reenergize a program that had become stale and put the Trojans back on the map after a half-decade of irrelevance.

Needed recruiting prowess
USC has become an afterthought in recruiting circles in SoCal, but that will change with Riley running the ship. He brings the perfect system to attract talent in the area, evolving from a pure Air Raid coach into a quarterback whisperer who not only develops superstars but runs a system that is founded in the power rushing attack.

Riley has a five-star player from California committed to Oklahoma in the Class of 2022, and three more top-50 players from the state -- including five-star quarterback and No. 2 overall prospect Malachi Nelson -- committed to the Sooners in the Class of 2023. Those players not only could follow Riley to USC but show just how highly regarded he already is in California.

Riley runs the system that virtually every high school coach in the region employs, which means that he will be able to open the doors of Heritage Hall and five-star offensive skill players will be attracted to the building like moths to a light.

The SEC factor played a role
Riley was asked about relationship with the administration after the loss to Oklahoma State, and he referenced the program's impending move to the SEC.

"I have no concerns about our administration, our AD, our president," he said. "We've been through a lot together. This isn't our first rodeo together. So, we always have conversations about the future. And certainly with all that's changing right now in the college landscape, all that's getting ready to change, for us, at some point here we transition into a new conference, those are always conversations that we're going to have, and we would be having those yearly no matter what."

That sounds cryptic and a little bit like he was unhappy with the challenges that playing in the SEC will present.

It's hard to blame him. Oklahoma struggled in the trenches against teams from the SEC during his entire tenure, and he would have been forced to do that on a weekly basis once the move is complete. What's more, he'd probably be doing it with a roster that isn't comparable to the majority of teams he will face no matter how the SEC divides up its divisions or pods.

Is Riley scared of the SEC? That will be the narrative, but it's not the way to look at it. If he feels like the program hit its ceiling in the Big 12, why not go somewhere that not only has more upside, but won't face the same challenges that Oklahoma will face in the near future?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Lincoln Riley getting out of Oklahoma before his gimmick offense has to go up against SEC defenses week in and week out. Will be much easier in the soft Pac Ten.

Legend
Legend
it was leaked he's getting $100m; USC is buying his two properties in OK for $500k over asking (each), buying him a $6m property in Cali and he gets unlimited access to USC's private jet

<><

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by jaybird
it was leaked he's getting $100m; USC is buying his two properties in OK for $500k over asking (each), buying him a $6m property in Cali and he gets unlimited access to USC's private jet

And he gets to live in LA instead of Oklahoma.

1 member likes this: PortlandDawg
Legend
Legend
Brian Kelly to LSU? What a low life. If he knew he was leaving, he should have left Knute Rockne's record intact like Lou Holz did. Why announce it now when your team has a shot at the playoffs?
Poor LSU's on the hook for 10 yrs at 10M per. He's going to flounder there.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by cfrs15
Originally Posted by jaybird

And he gets to live in LA instead of Oklahoma.
Is that a positive?

yebat' Putin
1 member likes this: THROW LONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
It depends on how much weather is a factor in your life.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
How about, how much taxes are a factor in his life.

T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Also, I'd rather have 6million dollars of property in Okla, than 6million dollars worth in Los Angelas, but, I came here to make a different point.
--------

The College football playoffs. OKLAHOMA STATE,

how can anyone, using an other argument than, Eyes on the TV game, and, "tradition"
automatically say,
that the Ohio State, Michigan, winner or loser, is a better football team
THIS YEAR,
than Oklahoma State, if they end up 10-1

and I don't care about, Cincinnati, or some other spot, just simply, just simply.
Michigan, and Notre Dame for that matter, or Ohio State, <<<<<< THOSE 3!!!

how anyone can say they are automatically, demonstrate-ably, or in any way other, JUST GIVEN THAT THEY ARE BETTER THAN OKLAHOMA STATE??????
I don't believe it! I want to see something on the field.
something besdes, "tradition" and , they draw more fans and eyes to bowl games, to TELL ME, that they DESERVE! to be the #2 ranked team in the Country?????

I want to see Oklahoma state, in the 4 game playoff!!

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think Oklahoma State will get in if they beat Baylor Saturday. If Bama wins I think they will knock UC out of the playoffs because of winning a P5 conference championship over a top 10 team. If Georgia wins I think they simply take Bama's spot.

I looked at schedules and looking at schedules I do not see Michigan's schedule being better than Oklahoma State. Best P5 non conference win for Michigan was Washington. Best for Oklahoma State was Oregon State. Michigan had the better loss on the road vs top 10 Michigan State and a slightly better big win vs Ohio State. Which is the only top 25 win they have. Oklahoma State lost on the road to Iowa State. Oklahoma State has 2 wins over the top 25 in Baylor and Oklahoma. I believe the Big Ten is seen as a superior conference overall to the Big 12 and that is why Michigan is rated higher at this time.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Love watching the Ducks get rolled. I like Utah’s style. Traditional ground and pound. Very little spread concepts. Recruit good linemen and punch the opponents in the mouth. Oregon is getting punched. Couldn’t be happier. Obnoxious local fans.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I agree Portland. Oregon was so overrated all year IMO. Their QB was not good and they just never impressed me

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
I always forget the Pac12 championship is on Friday night... glad the ducks lost...

<><

#gmstrong
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum College Football scores.

Link Copied to Clipboard