Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
I just found out that you will NEVER have to get one GM. So you are good. But the rest of everybody else's choice is just none of your damn business.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Under this archaic law would a gas station attendant be culpable for filling the tank of a vehicle where the driver was about to drive over the border to have an abortion? I mean they assisted right? Without that gas she wouldn’t make it to the clinic. Jail time for all gas station attendants!!!

When did the killing of life become archaic bro?

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
I just found out that you will NEVER have to get one GM. So you are good. But the rest of everybody else's choice is just none of your damn business.

Hey you never know I still LOOK preggers.

So it's none of your business if Jeffery Dahmer chooses to off a bunch of people. I mean hey he has the right to do what he wants with his body.

Next up your argument that he is infringing on others right to not be murdered. But yet you ignore the innocent babies rights.

Swing away with your rebuttel buddy smile

Legend
Legend
Do you mourn for chickens every time you crack an egg?

If those chickens would turned into teens someday then I would be screaming at the top of my lungs bro.

Legend
Legend
It is true though that many left leaning people have been fleeing California, New York, Illinois and other states to move to Texas because of the economic opportunity, tax rates, etc. It has been the fastest growing state in America. Then they get there and do everything they can to elect politicians who have the same platform as the ones they fled from.. it is kind of mind boggling.

Maybe this law is an extreme push to get them to go home.

yebat' Putin
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: GMdawg

If those chickens would turned into teens someday then I would be screaming at the top of my lungs bro.

When I crack an egg, I eat it. Perhaps that would be the way to go with abortion?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
The best form of birth control is abstinence.

I wonder how popular this law will be when women say "no" every single time? I can see it now- gals in mini skirts and cowgirl boots wearing chastity belts to which only they have the keys.

Birth control... Medieval-style.
Ain't no school like Old School.
But hey- NO MORE ABORTIONS , right? Got what you wanted, right?

Fun times in TX, eh?

yo. these right wing incels were already whining their asses off about not getting any women. boy they about to be extra salty now.

Yep. Ladies in Texas just need to let 'em all know, "Ain't nobody hittin' nothin' 'round here 'til that law is gone. Yippee Ki Yi Aye Texas."

But they won’t. Then they’ll be outraged when they’re forced to carry an unwanted pregnancy. Then they’ll vote for another authoritarian Republican idiot for state office. Rinse repeat.
Texas is set to feed the cannon fodder poor for our next big war. Just give it 18 years.

How would you feel about men having the right to raise their own children without woman killing them? I mean why should the woman have the right, that men don't have???

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Under this archaic law would a gas station attendant be culpable for filling the tank of a vehicle where the driver was about to drive over the border to have an abortion? I mean they assisted right? Without that gas she wouldn’t make it to the clinic. Jail time for all gas station attendants!!!

When did the killing of life become archaic bro?

Portland: Yes, ANYONE involved in ANY WAY.

GM: Stop being nonsensical. We get that you don't want abortions legal bro, but your side offers that young lady in trouble who never choose to be jack crap in the way of solutions. When the RED STATE of Gilead has an infrastructure in place to allow these women to (without shame) give up a child while knowing with 100% certainty that the child will be cared for and loved until it is an adult OR that she will be subsudized in some way to insure she can provide all of that...

When you can prove to me that the world is a wonderful place that takes care of all babies and insures each a loving bountiful environment to grow up in... Then I will worry about fetuses dying in the womb. Until then, your side is nothing more than the devil spreading poverty, child abuse, and suffering amongst those least able to stand up to you. That's real honorable.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 09/03/21 03:27 PM.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
It has been the fastest growing state in America. Then they get there and do everything they can to elect politicians who have the same platform as the ones they fled from.. it is kind of mind boggling.

No, they're there trying to help change Texas from Red to Blue. And if you look at the margins on the past few elections, they're getting closer all the time. wink

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

When I crack an egg, I eat it. Perhaps that would be the way to go with abortion?

Some folks would be arguing how tasty they are sick sick sick sick sick

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
It has been the fastest growing state in America. Then they get there and do everything they can to elect politicians who have the same platform as the ones they fled from.. it is kind of mind boggling.

No, they're there trying to help change Texas from Red to Blue. And if you look at the margins on the past few elections, they're getting closer all the time. wink

So they can ruin it like the states they came from.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Quote:
GM: Stop being nonsensical.

Wait so I'm being nonsensical because I don't want children murdered but, you think your being sensical because you approve it.

WOW, just WOW notallthere

Quote:
When the RED STATE of Gilead has an infrastructure in place to allow these women to (without shame) give up a child while knowing with 100% certainty that the child will be cared for and loved until it is an adult OR that she will be subsudized in some way to insure she can provide all of that...

Please correct me if I am wrong, but your saying that it's better to murder a baby than to give that baby a chance to have a good life??? What would you give if you were 100 percent sure to die young, or given a chance to live your life?

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Not children. Are you uneducable? It’s simple biology. They’re cell clumps. Zygotes at best. Far far far from children.
Try again without your hyperbole.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Quote:
When you can prove to me that the world is a wonderful place that takes care of all babies and insures each a loving bountiful environment to grow up in... Then I will worry about fetuses dying in the womb. Until then, your side is nothing more than the devil spreading poverty, child abuse, and suffering amongst those least able to stand up to you. That's real honorable.

Well hell then lets just drop 1,000 nukes and kill everybody since nobody is guarenteed a loving or bountiful life, or enviroment to grow up in. They never have, and they never will.

Legend
Legend
Not children. Are you uneducable? It’s simple biology. They’re cell clumps. Zygotes at best. Far far far from children.

And your trying to ease your own conscious bro. There is know way in hell that I would ever believe that your all for killing a baby 2 days after it came out of the womb, or two weeks, two months or two years. Yet you insist that it's OK to kill it if it has not passed through the vagina yet.

P
Legend
Legend
P

It appears they don't think they're "ruined". I moved from Ohio to Tennessee. Do you believe I think Ohio is "ruined"? Here's a hint for you. I don't.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

It appears they don't think they're "ruined". I moved from Ohio to Tennessee. Do you believe I think Ohio is "ruined"? Here's a hint for you. I don't.

And I'm sure some people moved from Tennessee to Ohio.. but when year after year, consistently, twice as many people are moving in one direction than the other, it kind of says that they find something fundamentally flawed with one of the states.

yebat' Putin
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

And your trying to ease your own conscious bro. There is know way in hell that I would ever believe that your all for killing a baby 2 days after it came out of the womb, or two weeks, two months or two years. Yet you insist that it's OK to kill it if it has not passed through the vagina yet.

You’re correct. I’m not for killing babies. Abortions (non late term, which I’m no fan of on any level) don’t kill babies. I’ve explained this over and over. You refuse to listen.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Sorry bro it's you who refuse to open your eyes and see that killing a baby is killing a baby. You can try your best to sooth your own mind and deny that it's murder, but deep down I think you know the truth.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I doubt that. What I think we both agree on is that the tax code favors businesses in Texas. But then we also see what their electric grid is like so there is certainly a price to be paid for doing billionaires a favor.

But at any rate, as such, attracting jobs is a strong suit of Texas. Same goes for here in Tennessee. People would rather pay almost $20 on two hundred dollars worth of groceries than to pay income tax. I mean it only hurts the poor the most, right? wink

So I'm sure that most of those people move to Texas for job opportunities but that doesn't mean they agree with the overall politics of the state.

You see, unlike what people seem to proclaim these days, you can like parts of both parties but prefer one over the other. It's not an all or nothing sum game.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Sorry bro it's you who refuse to open your eyes and see that killing a baby is killing a baby. You can try your best to sooth your own mind and deny that it's murder, but deep down I think you know the truth.

First you have to have a baby. A bay can breathe on its own.

Look, I do not approve of abortion. That choice was made when my wife got pregnant with my daughter at an early age. My daughter made that same choice when she got pregnant at a young age. In both case abortions weren't the right choice for us when we could have decided differently. But to claim a fetus who could not even breath on its own is "a baby" is ridiculous.

If you're speaking of late term abortions where a baby could breathe on its own to sustain its life we agree.

My family made our choices. It was no to abortions. Yet I'm not going to crusade to impose my choice on everyone else.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
and I respect that bro. I also know your heart and I know your not in favor of abortions. But as for me I see abortion as MURDER and can not, will not, and never will, be OK with what I believe myself to be murdering innocent babies.

I hate to say this as (watch you will see by the responses) but I believe when I stand before God he will say why did you support killing my children) However I worry just as much about myself. How can I truly look in the mirror and think it's OK to murder babies, when the fact is that they will grow up to be people unless we kill them first.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I understand your passion. And while we don't 100% agree on the abortion issue I think as it pertains to our own life and own choices we very much do.

To me that's the answer God will get. "I don't support killing children. The choice of whether they decided to do that or not was their decision, not mine."

What people consider sin to be and what their decision is, is between them and God. Not between me, them and God. I guess it comes down to what I think is a founding principal of our nation for me. And I don't actually expect you to agree with me. But to me freedom of religion also means freedom from religion.

We both believe in God. We both believe we will have to answer for the things we do on this earth. But a lot of people do not believe that. And I see that as their right to believe what they want to believe or not believe in what they decide not to believe. I don't feel I have the right to impose what I believe upon them. I also don't believe God expects me too either.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Quote:

Wait so I'm being nonsensical because I don't want children murdered but, you think your being sensical because you approve it.

Quote:
When the RED STATE of Gilead has an infrastructure in place to allow these women to (without shame) give up a child while knowing with 100% certainty that the child will be cared for and loved until it is an adult OR that she will be subsudized in some way to insure she can provide all of that...

Please correct me if I am wrong, but your saying that it's better to murder a baby than to give that baby a chance to have a good life??? What would you give if you were 100 percent sure to die young, or given a chance to live your life?

Show me this supposed chance in real numbers. Until then all I hear is blah blah blah. What you are saying is that YOU a completely unrelated party (because we know you are not having sex and making babies), should have the right to decide for all the generations to come what is right and wrong because of your religion? personal morals? generation you were raised?... Seriously, where the hell do you get off thinking you and your ilk have that right? So don't you dare try to make me out the villain. Nobody forces anyone to have an abortion that I know of, and nobody should force a woman to have a baby she doesn't want or can't take care of herself. There is NO high moral ground in this discussion. And you know damn good and well that non-viable fetuses are not babies.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Quote:

Well hell then lets just drop 1,000 nukes and kill everybody since nobody is guarenteed a loving or bountiful life, or enviroment to grow up in. They never have, and they never will.

Or we could just leave it up to the person whose body contains and made the fetus. Or is that too much to ask?

Legend
Legend
I understand your passion. And while we don't 100% agree on the abortion issue I think as it pertains to our own life and own choices we very much do.

To me that's the answer God will get. "I don't support killing children. The choice of whether they decided to do that or not was their decision, not mine."

What people consider sin to be and what their decision is, is between them and God. Not between me, them and God. I guess it comes down to what I think is a founding principal of our nation for me. And I don't actually expect you to agree with me. But to me freedom of religion also means freedom from religion.

We both believe in God. We both believe we will have to answer for the things we do on this earth. But a lot of people do not believe that. And I see that as their right to believe what they want to believe or not believe in what they decide not to believe. I don't feel I have the right to impose what I believe upon them. I also don't believe God expects me too either.

Question bro.

Do t you believe shooting and killing a 2 year old is wrong?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Show me this supposed chance in real numbers. Until then all I hear is blah blah blah. What you are saying is that YOU a completely unrelated party (because we know you are not having sex and making babies), should have the right to decide for all the generations to come what is right and wrong because of your religion? personal morals? generation you were raised?... Seriously, where the hell do you get off thinking you and your ilk have that right? So don't you dare try to make me out the villain. Nobody forces anyone to have an abortion that I know of, and nobody should force a woman to have a baby she doesn't want or can't take care of herself. There is NO high moral ground in this discussion. And you know damn good and well that non-viable fetuses are not babies.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Wrong. You are just another science denier on this issue GM. Whenever abortion comes up, you (my friend) start sounding like a crazed bible thumper with your "it's a baby from inception" rhetoric. There is no grey area for you and that's a BIG issue with GOPer politics in general, it's always your way or no way and over half the population doesn't think like you or share the same values as you... and most modern normal (not Trumpian) adults believe in science.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Show me this supposed chance in real numbers.

An aborted baby has ZERO percent that is a real number. A living baby has a chance be it 1 percent or 100 percent that my friend is also a real number. You can not deny those FACTS. So the blah, blah, blah is only coming from your fingers bro.

Legend
Legend

Wrong. You are just another science denier on this issue GM. Whenever abortion comes up, you (my friend) start sounding like a crazed bible thumper with your "it's a baby from inception" rhetoric. There is no grey area for you and that's a BIG issue with GOPer politics in general, it's always your way or no way and over half the population doesn't think like you or share the same values as you... and most modern normal (not Trumpian) adults believe in science.

Once again your wrong bro. As of June 9th of this year 53 percent of people disagree with you.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/350756/record-high-think-abortion-morally-acceptable.aspx

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
You will never see the light on this issue, so there is no use in continuing this exercise in futility. Plain and simple, your POV is wrong because I think so, and mine is wrong because you think so... there is no middle ground here.

Legend
Legend
You will never see the light on this issue, so there is no use in continuing this exercise in futility. Plain and simple, your POV is wrong because I think so, and mine is wrong because you think so... there is no middle ground here.

Your correct. But I still love ya bro thumbsup

I only wish more folks could learn to love each other even when they disagree.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ok, GM, I understand your personal feelings on the subject…. But it raises questions…

How do you feel about the morning after pill?

How do you feel about birth control?

Should birth control and the morning after pill be free?

I have 4 sisters that had children before their 18th birthday. Right or wrong it does not matter and significantly changed their lives. It is a challenge that I do not wish upon anyone.

Are you willing to change the Lone Star of Texas to the Coat Hanger of Texas? That will happen as well. Let’s just say I have seen that too….

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
A cut and paste from FB… not my words but my sentiment.

I'm not pro-murdering babies.
I'm pro-Becky who found out at her 20-week anatomy scan that the infant she had been so excited to bring into this world had developed without life sustaining organs.
I'm pro-Susan who was sexually assaulted on her way home from work, only to come to the horrific realization that her assailant planted his seed in her when she got a positive pregnancy test result a month later.
I'm pro-Theresa who hemorrhaged due to a placental abruption, causing her parents, spouse, and children to have to make the impossible decision on whether to save her or her unborn child.
I'm pro-little Cathy who had her innocence ripped away from her by someone she should have been able to trust and her 11-year-old body isn't mature enough to bear the consequence of that betrayal.
I'm pro-Melissa who's working two jobs just to make ends meet and has to choose between bringing another child into poverty or feeding the children she already has because her spouse walked out on her.
I'm pro-Brittany who realizes that she is in no way financially, emotionally, or physically able to raise a child.
I'm pro-Emily who went through IVF, ending up with SIX viable implanted eggs requiring selective reduction to ensure the safety of her and a SAFE number of fetuses.
I'm pro-Jessica who is FINALLY getting the strength to get away from her physically abusive spouse only to find out that she is carrying the monster's child.
I'm pro-Vanessa who went into her confirmation appointment after YEARS of trying to conceive only to hear silence where there should be a heartbeat.
I'm pro-Lindsay who lost her virginity in her sophomore year with a broken condom and now has to choose whether to be a teenage mom or just a teenager.
I'm pro-Courtney who just found out she's already 13 weeks along, but the egg never made it out of her fallopian tube so either she terminates the pregnancy or risks dying from internal bleeding.
You can argue and say that I'm pro-choice all you want, but the truth is:
I'm pro-life.
Their lives.
Women's lives.
You don't get to pick and choose which scenarios should be accepted.
It's not about which stories you don't agree with. It's about fighting for the women in the stories that you do agree with and the CHOICE that was made.
Women's rights are meant to protect ALL women, regardless of their situation!
#roevwade #prochoice #abortion #women #womensrights #mybody #mychoice #mybodymychoice
Copied and pasted to share.

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Legend
Legend
Quote:
First you have to have a baby. A bay can breathe on its own.

If that statement were true this would not be a baby.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c

To me the issue isn't so much about Abortion it's about the Law. Are we a nation of laws or not? When we fervently don't agree with the law - either for ideological reasons or because of religion, whatever - is it then okay to contrive to skirt, manipulate and perform legalize gymnastics in order to circumnavigate the intent of the Law and precedent set down by Supreme Court rulings?

The Texas Law in essence bans Abortions - many/most women don't know they are pregnant at 6 weeks. The way the law in TX is written, relying on public reporting and prosecuting of offenders is why / how they manipulated the intent of Abortion laws in this country. Seems like a slippery slope of underhanded baloney.

I get that people don't believe in abortion - but at what point are passionate people crossing a line that if it was a liberal ideological belief, like guns or LBQT etc ... or a Muslim religious belief or a Buddhist or Islamist belief that a large group of people manipulated the system .... and these folks so proudly claiming what Texas has done is great, would suddenly be up in arms and looking for a nuclear option to prevent it. Clear and simple.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg
Ok, GM, I understand your personal feelings on the subject…. But it raises questions…

How do you feel about the morning after pill?

How do you feel about birth control?

Should birth control and the morning after pill be free?

I have 4 sisters that had children before their 18th birthday. Right or wrong it does not matter and significantly changed their lives. It is a challenge that I do not wish upon anyone.

Are you willing to change the Lone Star of Texas to the Coat Hanger of Texas? That will happen as well. Let’s just say I have seen that too….

Morning after pill... I'm against it.

Birth control all for most forms of it. (Remember some folks consider the morning after pill birth control)

As far as birth control being free... I don't think it should be. But I do believe it should be really cheap and affordable.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Absolutely right 888.

This issue is not about abortion. It shouldn't matter if you are pro choice or anti abortion, everyone should be appalled at how the texas legislature is doing this.

Imagine if a blue state tried to do something similar with guns. The outrage from those supporting this law would be off the charts.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Jester
Absolutely right 888.

This issue is not about abortion. It shouldn't matter if you are pro choice or anti abortion, everyone should be appalled at how the texas legislature is doing this.

Imagine if a blue state tried to do something similar with guns. The outrage from those supporting this law would be off the charts.

Gun rights are a part of the US Constitution and is very specifically noted...as in right #2...abortion rights are not part of the Constitution. You are comparing apples with lugnuts.

Abortion is a states-rights issue...always has been as abortion 'rights' is no where to be found in the US Constitution. Roe v Wade had no constitutional standing in the first place...even though this SCOTUS did not overturn Roe v Wad nor did it do anything to address Roe v Wade re: the Texas ruling.

The SCOTUS got this right when they judged the issue to be a states' rights issue...whether one agrees with abortion is irrelevant in this matter.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Texas Abortion Law attempt to end Roe

Link Copied to Clipboard