Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
No worries my friend. But seriously, how did you miss that? saywhat

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Jester
No worries my friend. But seriously, how did you miss that? saywhat

I have no earthly idea... rofl

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
**SMACK**

upside that head!

rofl rofl rofl

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Oh good lord, How in the hell did I miss that.. Geez

Old age. poke

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Gun rights are a part of the US Constitution and is very specifically noted...as in right #2...abortion rights are not part of the Constitution. You are comparing apples with lugnuts.

Abortion is a states-rights issue...always has been as abortion 'rights' is no where to be found in the US Constitution..

According to that logic, none of us should have any freedoms at all. You know, since the word “freedom” doesn’t exist in our constitution.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
Gov. Abbott said Texas will 'eliminate all rapists from the streets'

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gov-abbott-said-texas-eliminate-195007397.html

"Let's make something very clear: Rape is a crime," Abbott said while signing a major GOP election-reform bill. "And Texas will work tirelessly to make sure that we eliminate all rapists from the streets of Texas by aggressively going out and arresting them and prosecuting them and getting them off the streets."

He added: "So goal No. 1 in the state of Texas is to eliminate rape so that no woman, no person, will be a victim of it." The governor also said Texas had numerous organizations that support rape victims.

________

you conservatives are really taking the rhetoric to new levels. i thought it was supposed to mellow out with Trump gone. boy was i terribly mistaken.

I’m betting the jail time for rape will be less than the rape victim for having an abortion in Texas.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Quote:
Gun rights are a part of the US Constitution and is very specifically noted...as in right #2...abortion rights are not part of the Constitution. You are comparing apples with lugnuts.

Abortion is a states-rights issue...always has been as abortion 'rights' is no where to be found in the US Constitution..

According to that logic, none of us should have any freedoms at all. You know, since the word “freedom” doesn’t exist in our constitution.

He doesn't seem to understand that Roe Versus Wade being decided on in 1973 found that banned state abortions were unconstitutional under the 14th amendment. Which means abortions are actually protected under the 14th amendment of the constitution.

https://constitutioncenter.org/interactive-constitution/blog/landmark-cases-roe-v-wade

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Quote:
Oh good lord, How in the hell did I miss that.. Geez

Old age. poke

True,,,, But my name is Tonto Wienstein but my friends call me Bubba so I still got that rofl

(nobody else will know what that means, but you do LOL)

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
rofl rofl rofl

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

That ban didn't last long.

southpaw
@nycsouthpaw
S.B. 8 ENJOINED! “This Court will not sanction one more day of this offensive deprivation of such an important right.” https://justsecurity.org/wp-content/upl

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1445912213257064452

https://twitter.com/tribelaw/status/1445923945329446919

Legend
Legend
It ain't over yet... This is a fight that will go on forever..

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Agreed my friend. Even if Roe V wade ever gets overturned that won't be the end of it. This is a fight that both sides are very passionate about.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
NO. There is one side that doesn't understand when they lose. RvW is established precedent and the law of the land. GOPers want to keep refighting every battle they lose. Hell half of them are still trying to re-fight the civil war.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
You do realize that some Republicans support abortion, and some Dems are against it right?

Most Dems wouldn't give up the fight when abortion was illegal just the same way some Republicans won't give it up now. Neither side will give up because as I said earlier both sides are passionate about this subject.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
NO. There is one side that doesn't understand when they lose. RvW is established precedent and the law of the land. GOPers want to keep refighting every battle they lose. Hell half of them are still trying to re-fight the civil war.

You know that your argument here is flawed. GM is right. Slavery was the law of the land, too, but people obviously fought to amend the Constitution, which is obviously the supreme law of the land.

Everyone wants to keep fighting for their beliefs. I can't think of one movement, group or party that has had one core, important issue to them who lost a Supreme Court or other political battle and then simply said "Welp, I guess we're done, guys."

Your bias and passion (which I respect) on this issue is clouding your objectivity.

Last edited by dawglover05; 10/08/21 09:36 AM.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Difference being a woman's right to choose to make decisions about her own body and life is how it should be. Oddly, both sides will acknowledge that, but one side thinks their personal beliefs should override the rights of others who believe differently. If it were truly about the health and welfare of the unborn, you would see the same passion from the right in making sure all these kids have what they need to get a good start in life.... But nah, how they get along the next 18 years until adulthood is something else the right likes to completely ignore and often criticize those in poverty without mercy.

What this is not my old friend is a situation where both sides have opposite values, but both have merit. No, the moral conviction to these ideals on the right simply don't hold up to scrutiny.

Nobody is forcing anyone to get an abortion, but the right would force all women to have babies rather they want to or not in a world that is already overpopulated... we are too far apart we are on this one GM.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 10/08/21 09:44 AM.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I very much agree with you when it comes to the hypocrisy seen by many on the Republican side. If you do want to be pro-life, there should be a commitment to the child after birth, like you say. That's a huge contradiction.

Where I depart is boiling the argument simply down simply to a woman choosing to make decisions about her own body. I believe the whole crux of the argument is whether it is a woman doing something to her body or a woman doing something to someone else's body. It boils down to the definition of a human being - which is where I've seen the most impassioned arguments made by both sides...basically whether it's a "group of cells" or a "human life."

IIRC, the Court in Roe punted on the issue of defining a human being, which has dragged the argument out today.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
There's also the part about how Kavanaugh, pro-choice's boogie-man, puts a stronger emphasis on precedent. Roe v Wade isn't going anywhere.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Difference being a woman's right to choose to make decisions about her own body and life is how it should be.

110 percent bullcrap my friend. Can A WOMAN DRIVE 80 IN A 25 MPH ZONE.

Can she walk down the street shooting up herion? Snorting coke.

Can she go to the grocery store naked?

Can she drive without a seat belt?

Can she attend School without getting vaccinated?

The list goes on, and on, and on about the things we in this country are NOT free to do.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Your entire list are things that are illegal in our country. The SCOTUS gave women the right to an abortion under Roe vs Wade. Until that changes, women do have the right to an abortion under the law of the land.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Quote:
Difference being a woman's right to choose to make decisions about her own body and life is how it should be.

110 percent bullcrap my friend. Can A WOMAN DRIVE 80 IN A 25 MPH ZONE.

Can she walk down the street shooting up herion? Snorting coke.

Can she go to the grocery store naked?

Can she drive without a seat belt?

Can she attend School without getting vaccinated?

The list goes on, and on, and on about the things we in this country are NOT free to do.

Is there a road in her thing that she would have to worry about speed limits? She can do all of that, but she would be breaking MINOR laws. Making a decision to rather to keep or abort is punishment enough in most cases. You know I like you GM and always try my best to treat you good and get along... but we couldn't be farther apart on this, and I HATE YOUR POV ON THIS SUBJECT. It's not that you don't have a right to express your feelings, but you have no right to tell a woman what to do with her body OR ANYTHING INSIDE IT! Would you make her keep a cancerous tumor that was going to ruin her life? Nope. But that lump of cells zygote means more to you than her completely... You gonna take care of that kid until it's 18? Feed it? Cloth it? Make sure it gets a good education? No? Then you have no damn right to say a damn thing.

A woman getting an abortion is legal. You gave me talking points that were all illegal. But your ilk thinks they have the right to stop her from doing something y'all don't like, that's 100% legal without fighting to change the law of the land. This snake in the grass ish in Texas is going to topple that house of cards very soon. Trump's McConnell packed conservative court will have to stand behind the RvW precedent or risk dems packing the court to balance it. You are fooling yourself if you think you will ever win this one.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 10/08/21 03:55 PM.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
GM you don’t have to get an abortion if you don’t want.

That only effects you.

When you say that you want to decide for someone else what their choice should you are passing judgement on another.

A person should be responsive for their own decision and the consequences that it has.

It like telling a woman that she can’t vote because she is a woman. That only took 150 years and a constitutional amendment to fix.

You either believe that people are created equal or you don’t. It’s tough to follow through.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
I still don't think I have the right to tell someone what to do with their own body...

And the the other thing is simple,, there is a faction of Americans that would like very much to eliminate Abortion all together.

I've heard most of the arguments.

What I haven't heard is what to do with the babies that are born. Who's paying the bill here. Who's gonna guarantee adoption?

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
I still don't think I have the right to tell someone what to do with their own body...

Until it comes to vaccines.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
I don't want to force any Trump supporter to get vaccinated.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

Until you give someone COVID-19 and they die.

Your decision effects others, big difference.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: WooferDawg

Until you give someone COVID-19 and they die.

Your decision effects others, big difference.

Covid vaccine doesn't stop you from catching it and transmitting it to someone else.

So your point is moot.

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It was you that brought vaccines into the discussion.

I pointed out that it not really comparable.

We can go round and round about vaccine in a COVID thread, but abortion is the topic.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Just pointing out hypocrisy when I see it.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend

By far the dumbest comparison I've ever heard...

You get preggers, you don't cause others to get preggers.. Get Covid and you can give it to everyone you come into contact with.

How the hell can you compare the two... That's just flat out crazy..

But it's a very typical response from the uninformed Trumpians out there.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
you don't cause others to get preggers..

I'm a dude. My meat and two veg will cause a woman to get "preggers". At least I thought that's how it works.

Tackles are tackles.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Mansplaining like that will get you laid.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Just pointing out hypocrisy when I see it.

Just look in the mirror and you will find it.

P
Legend
Legend
P
People like to make stupid comparisons. In the first place you are over four times less likely to get covid if you're vaccinated. Secondly if you do get it, the time of which you can spread it is much shorter. 90% of the deaths are of the unvaccinated. Like I just said in another thread, people just like to throw crap against the wall to see what will stick.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:
You know I like you GM and always try my best to treat you good and get along... but we couldn't be farther apart on this, and I HATE YOUR POV ON THIS SUBJECT. It's not that you don't have a right to express your feelings, but you have no right to tell a woman what to do with her body OR ANYTHING INSIDE IT! Would you make her keep a cancerous tumor that was going to ruin her life? Nope. But that lump of cells zygote means more to you than her completely... You gonna take care of that kid until it's 18? Feed it? Cloth it? Make sure it gets a good education? No? Then you have no damn right to say a damn thing.

No problem OldC. We disagree on this subject and probably always will. You hate my POV on this subject and I hate yours. No biggie IMO. We agree on some things ad we disagree on others just like everybody else on this planet we are not going to see eye to eye on everything. Hell our biggest difference of opinion on this is that I see a baby being murdered, slaughtered, killed, while you see that baby as a clump of cells that you compare to cancer. notallthere To me that's just as disgusting as somebody saying it's OK to murder your 1 week old child, or 1 month old child, or 10 year old child, all of which you as well as I are 100 percent against.

BTW if you say the baby is just a "lump of cells" why can people be charged with “fetal homicide” if most states if they cause the death of the baby/cells?

Now as for taking care of "That kid" as you called him/her I have said over and over on these boards I am all for paying taxes to support programs to help these children and their families.

Quote:
A woman getting an abortion is legal.

In what state under what conditions. Hell the Texas abortion situation changes by the week now. Two months ago abortions were legal. Then they were illegal as of Sept 1st 2021 past the 6th week of pregnancy. Then it was illegal again for less than 48 hours. Now it's illegal again as of last night.

Abortion restrictions very between the states so what is legal in some states is illegal in others.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/articles/a-guide-to-abortion-laws-by-state

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: WooferDawg
GM you don’t have to get an abortion if you don’t want.

That only effects you.

When you say that you want to decide for someone else what their choice should you are passing judgement on another.

A person should be responsive for their own decision and the consequences that it has.

It like telling a woman that she can’t vote because she is a woman. That only took 150 years and a constitutional amendment to fix.

You either believe that people are created equal or you don’t. It’s tough to follow through.

If people are created equal why can't the man demand the baby be aborted if he doesn't want to be bothered raising or paying for it just like the woman? Why can't he raise it on his own if the woman doesn't want it? Are you saying the woman should have rights that men don't have?

P
Legend
Legend
P
My solution is the same way I feel about the Democrats Build Back Better bill. Don't tell me you'll figure out how to pay for it later. Figure out how you're going to pay for it and care for these children first. That is the one thing that could sway my opinion on abortion.

I think you know that my feelings on a personal level do not support abortion. I just sit back and watch the majority of Republican politicians act as though they take some moral high ground by railing against abortion while at the same time giving no solution on how to care for these children. No solution in regards to helping educate these children. Actually railing against social programs that would help them.

As we saw in another thread, anything that helps those on the lowest socioeconomic scale of working class people is now being called "welfare handouts". That term used to be reserved only for people who didn't or wouldn't work.

I've just seen both parties use the "let's do it now and we'll fix it later" method. I've never seen it turn out well.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Just another reason I don't support either party.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I agree with you on this one. The father of the child should have some say in the matter.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Quote:
You know I like you GM and always try my best to treat you good and get along... but we couldn't be farther apart on this, and I HATE YOUR POV ON THIS SUBJECT. It's not that you don't have a right to express your feelings, but you have no right to tell a woman what to do with her body OR ANYTHING INSIDE IT! Would you make her keep a cancerous tumor that was going to ruin her life? Nope. But that lump of cells zygote means more to you than her completely... You gonna take care of that kid until it's 18? Feed it? Cloth it? Make sure it gets a good education? No? Then you have no damn right to say a damn thing.

No problem OldC. We disagree on this subject and probably always will. You hate my POV on this subject and I hate yours. No biggie IMO. We agree on some things ad we disagree on others just like everybody else on this planet we are not going to see eye to eye on everything. Hell our biggest difference of opinion on this is that I see a baby being murdered, slaughtered, killed, while you see that baby as a clump of cells that you compare to cancer. notallthere To me that's just as disgusting as somebody saying it's OK to murder your 1 week old child, or 1 month old child, or 10 year old child, all of which you as well as I are 100 percent against.

BTW if you say the baby is just a "lump of cells" why can people be charged with “fetal homicide” if most states if they cause the death of the baby/cells?

Now as for taking care of "That kid" as you called him/her I have said over and over on these boards I am all for paying taxes to support programs to help these children and their families.

Quote:
A woman getting an abortion is legal.

In what state under what conditions. Hell the Texas abortion situation changes by the week now. Two months ago abortions were legal. Then they were illegal as of Sept 1st 2021 past the 6th week of pregnancy. Then it was illegal again for less than 48 hours. Now it's illegal again as of last night.

Abortion restrictions very between the states so what is legal in some states is illegal in others.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/articles/a-guide-to-abortion-laws-by-state

RvW has been the law of the land since the precedent was set. Therefore, at the federal level abortion is and has been legal. But GOPers have been trying to chip away at that for years and they are almost there in their minds. Whereas the left says and means NEVER AGAIN will it be illegal.

Quote:
Republican laws.

Quote:

Again, due to republicans.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Texas Abortion Law attempt to end Roe

Link Copied to Clipboard