Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Legend
Legend
What is it you think you're not seeing that suggests we're not getting the most from our players, and what do you think it would look like if you were seeing it?

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Browns have a 49% chance of making the playoffs and it's week 7 smh. we play in the toughest division in the NFL

Waiting for the day my name will mean something
O
Legend
Legend
O
Things can change quickly. We have gone through a brutal stretch of the schedule. Far harder than I would've guessed at the beginning of the year. We've been annihlated by injuries. There is still time to turn this around if we can start getting healthy.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
and with probably a 10% margin of error on that calculation, it's fully a 50/50 toss-up, or better. Or worse.

Cinci is riding a very easy schedule, we've had some really tough breaks, and Baltimore has gotten a few breaks.
At least we're not Kansas City...

There nothing to do except go 1-0.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

2 members like this: superbowldogg, oobernoober
T
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
T
Gotta give Burrows his props. Not only has he made the year 1 to year 2 improvement one would hope for, but after an ACL injury to boot. Impressive.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
and with probably a 10% margin of error on that calculation, it's fully a 50/50 toss-up, or better. Or worse.

Cinci is riding a very easy schedule, we've had some really tough breaks, and Baltimore has gotten a few breaks.
At least we're not Kansas City...

There nothing to do except go 1-0.
Yep...just win the next one. We are good enough that it isn't unreasonable to string 3-4-5 wins in a row, then everything is looking good.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by TrooperDawg
Gotta give Burrows his props. Not only has he made the year 1 to year 2 improvement one would hope for, but after an ACL injury to boot. Impressive.

I was as high on Burrows as any QB I can remember. I was wrong about Murray - he is legit and I thought he would struggle. Not all that high on this year's class. Burrows - I thought could be the next Manning, if not quite in the same mold. Him having Chase, Boyd and Higgins ... dangerous. People wanted to proclaim our WR core was elite ... but I'd swap for Cinci's group every day and twice on Sunday.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by mgh888
...People wanted to proclaim our WR core was elite ... but I'd swap for Cinci's group every day and twice on Sunday.

I agree with you there...I'd also swap TEs with them. Essentially our (3) good TEs for their (1) dynamic TE.

1 member likes this: mgh888
T
Legend
Legend
T
I hope they can do better in 2021 than their 2019 record of 6-10. And as always avoid any 7 game set that ends up 2-5.
It's alarming that the Browns are running for so many yards, and still have that record. I'm asking myself, when "was" the last time the Browns had the passing thing figured out? Was it before my lifetime, I never saw Otto Graham play.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
What is it you think you're not seeing that suggests we're not getting the most from our players, and what do you think it would look like if you were seeing it?
More production per player. ...I put on my Joe Friday hat there.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'd swap for Cinci's group every day and twice on Sunday.

If you switched with them twice on Sunday, wouldn't we be back to having our Wr corp and them having theirs?

willynilly

Last edited by Jester; 10/26/21 09:54 AM.

People who lack accountability think everything is an attack
2 members like this: mgh888, CapCity Dawg
Legend
Legend
I look at Chase, Higgins, and Boyd and I salivate. They are a great WR trio.

Add in Mixon, who is just a step behind Chubb, and Burrow, who is a step above Baker.

That’s a great offense (and young)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
1 member likes this: mgh888
O
Legend
Legend
O
They are young and cheap for a while, which is fantastic for them.

It was only a month ago that Burrow threw 3 straight INTs en route to a loss to the Bears (and Dalton). Let's pump the brakes, folks.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
I look at Chase, Higgins, and Boyd and I salivate. They are a great WR trio.

Add in Mixon, who is just a step behind Chubb, and Burrow, who is a step above Baker.

That’s a great offense (and young)

We have what was widely regarded as the best WR tandem in the NFL 2 years ago.

A QB that proved he can light it up when in the right offense, 2 top 5 running backs, arguably the best O-line in the NFL, great TEs and even decent backup WRS (Higgy/DPJ).

We are the Browns so of course they are constantly injured, but getting talent hasn't really been our problem even historically (Edwards, Gordon, Winslow, Mack, Bentley etc. etc.) it's just we find a way to "Browns it" every year.

So only thing I'm jealous of is good luck and being left alone by the Refs.

T
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
T
Week Eight Results:

Ravens 5-2
Bengals 5-3
Steelers 4-3
Browns 4-4

Last edited by TrooperDawg; 10/31/21 04:52 PM.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by oobernoober
They are young and cheap for a while, which is fantastic for them.

It was only a month ago that Burrow threw 3 straight INTs en route to a loss to the Bears (and Dalton). Let's pump the brakes, folks.

Unless you are counting on all of the Ravens, Bengals, and Steelers to go on losing streaks, plus 2 of the top 3 AFC west teams to go on losing streaks, then saying to pump the brakes does not fit.

What Will the Browns be playing for in week 18.

Legend
Legend
We’ll be playing for nothing. At this rate we lose in Cincy and New England.

Beat Detroit … then MAYBE split with Baltimore.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
1 member likes this: Homewood Dog
T
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
T

41-16

Legend
Legend

Good call, Kreskin.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: Dave
T
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
T
Wish the Bears weren't going to Pittsburgh tomorrow night, but I doubt it makes much difference. Steelers will probably win.

Last edited by TrooperDawg; 11/07/21 10:02 PM.
Legend
Legend

[img]https://media.istockphoto.com/photos/eating-crow-for-dinner-picture-id157673813[/img]

just messin with ya a little, Dawg
wink

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
smile

O
Legend
Legend
O

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
I think the TE room is crowded with three players grading "adequate" but playing below their upside. Not sure what he adds, beside chaos, to an already confusing picture. I don't think he's an upgrade over any player, especially where upside is concerned.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P
I predicted we would lose too. Not that much doom and gloom but still. I'll take my crow smoked. Everything tastes better when it's been smoked.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
JC...

Least we got good news on Greedy, day to day with his shoulder injury, may be wise to just let him rest this upcoming weekend.

1 member likes this: Ballpeen
O
Legend
Legend
O
Wasn't it day-to-day with him last year up until he was shut down?

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
That's sort of what I was thinking. Also MRI's have not been conducted as of yet and I don't think even the team knows the extent or lack there of on the injury at this point in time. Until they have all of the evidence I would think the status day to day is appropriate at this time but could change.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Wasn't it day-to-day with him last year up until he was shut down?
no I think it was week to week.

the important thing is, The Browns Org. (coach), does not tell the truth about injury timeframes.
Specifically they will never admit that a player is out, especially for a long period of time.

So any public comment about injuries by the Browns, is just aggravating, and can not be taken as true, or serious,

Because they'll constantly lean toward, I mean a guy could have an obvious catastrophe, and the official line from the team would be something like, "he's questionable" . Which isn't fooling anybody, and becomes aggravatingly unbelievable.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Check this out: It's Amazing.. Take Any NFL team, and put their season results in front of you.

2. Only look at the points they scored column, (doesn't matter how many they gave up),
and count the number of times they scored 25 points or more in any game, and get the total.

Then compare that number to the teams Win loss record. and It's Amazing!!!

I thought, no, this can't be true, (noticed it last year) let's look at the Texans, the Texans only have one win, .. surely this can't hold up.

and Bang, Texans only scored 25 or more, one time, and they only have one win.

It's amazing because it's not always the time they scored over 25 that they got the win. but, try it, see for yourself.

T
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
T
Week Nine Results:

Ravens 6-2
Steelers 5-3
Bengals 5-4
Browns 5-4

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Week Nine Results:

Ravens 6-2
Steelers 5-3
Bengals 5-4
Browns 5-4

Ravens 6-2
Steelers 5-3
Browns 5-4
Bengals 5-4

FIFY

1 member likes this: GMdawg
T
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
T
Originally Posted by SuperBrown
Week Nine Results:

Ravens 6-2
Steelers 5-3
Bengals 5-4
Browns 5-4

Ravens 6-2
Steelers 5-3
Browns 5-4
Bengals 5-4

FIFY

AND you win a free dinner at Dreamland! I don't know who's payin' for it though....

T
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
T
Going into Week Nine after the Ravens Thursday night loss:

Ravens 6-3
Steelers 5-3
Browns 5-4
Bengals 5-4

The Ravens looked pretty pedestrian on both offense and defense last night. Dolphins' blitzes could not be handled. I'm sure Myles is licking his chops.
And please stay healthy JOK.

Legend
Legend
Thanks to all the Fish! I was surprised to see this score. The D really roughed up the Ratbirds and their QB last night. He looked a bit short. I loved it!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
I’d think Troy Hill, Grant Delpit, etc should be licking their chops. The DB blitzes are what killed them.

1 member likes this: AZBrown
M
Legend
Legend
M
I’d think Troy Hill, Grant Delpit, etc should be licking their chops. The DB blitzes are what killed them.

100% ... and they did not stop all game. On the last drive they dropped a little but as soon as the Ravens moved the ball down to inside the redzone, they went Blitz again to cause the Int at the end. Wonder if Woods would ever be so aggressive ... I really doubt it but man it worked.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
It basically puts all of the stress on quick decisions and precision with the WRs

Legend
Legend

100% ... and they did not stop all game. On the last drive they dropped a little but as soon as the Ravens moved the ball down to inside the redzone, they went Blitz again to cause the Int at the end. Wonder if Woods would ever be so aggressive ... I really doubt it but man it worked.

Woods said as much this week...

Dolphins blitz more than anyone in the NFL and play more press-man than anyone in the league. Looked like a great formula last night.

"Imposing your will" on defense starts and ends with getting pressure on the QB. Jackson is one of those QBs that can quickly shift to "completely lost" when he's got pressure in his face on a regular basis.

Looks like waiting so long to play the Ravens may be a blessing in disguise, playing them back to back may be as well. Especially since we get a week in between while they play the Steelers.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
And Lamar seemed very reluctant to take off and run, not sure why. The Dolphins did rush/blitze with good discipline and they didn't leave him a ton of lanes to run through but even when he had the chance, he seemed reluctant to tuck it and run like he always has.

yebat' Putin
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum AFC North News and Notes 2021

Link Copied to Clipboard