Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
Legend
Legend
M
I'm nearly speechless at that ending.

Browns offense played a hell of a game. Stefanski called a great game.

I though it was going to be a repeat of the playoff game when Browns punted back to Mahomes late in the 4th. Garrett gave the offense a chance.

Kudos to Schwartz for what he contributed.

Three costly turnovers.

Not impressed with the overhauled defense.

I feel like this is how it's going to go for the next 10 years against the Chiefs. It feels like late 80s Cavs vs Michael Jordan led Bulls.

Browns will have another opportunity to beat the Chiefs in the playoffs.

J
Legend
Legend
J
We are going to win a lot of games this year. Hand wringing and lamenting over this loss is ridiculous. KC is a great team and we hung with them once again. When we face them again post season, it will be a different story.

Stop with the negative crap. This is a very good team, we knew this first game would be a likely loss. Not a big deal.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: BarkinMad
I see a competitive team, that still can't win. I see the same old thing, a team that grabs defeat from the jaws of victory. If you can't beat the top teams, you can never be a champion.

The D played pretty awful, I'd fire Woods, immediately. It was also a big mistake to let Sheldon Richardson go, and I'm not sure bringing in Clowney will do much for this team either, I don't believe he's ever quite lived up to his draft status. I

The Browns played a good first half and fell apart in the second half. The Browns did beat themselves but it doesn't matter how they lost, they lost. Until they can win, nothing else matters too me and by win, I mean beat the top teams and win a Super Bowl.

Glad YOU are not making decisions in Berea.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: slick
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
Baker was good until we needed him to be good BLAH BLAH BLAH

Go root for Pittsburgh and get off this board.

Ignore him super. This the same guy who got angry when posted bakers first 3 season stats compared to drew brees first 3 season stats. This guy told me to stop comparing baker to QBs from 30 years ago! Keep in mind brees was still playing lol. He tries to make himself out to be the football guru but the only problem is he is NOT. Lol
thats rich coming from you, and I've never said two words to you..let along talking about qb's 30 years ago...FYI..I'm a Baker fan. obtuse one aren't you

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Agreed

T
Legend
Legend
T
KC did Not play mistake free football!

Those are just idioms people say.

E
Legend
Legend
E
KC offense played very fast. We will see them again in the playoffs. The difference will be there will be a season of film on them, and our D will be better.

No Craps Given
L
Legend
Legend
L

Go root for Pittsburgh and get the hell off this board.
rofl yeah cause you're the shining example of a coherent fan right...oh pittsburgh won today!

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
O
Legend
Legend
O
The worst thing about this loss is that currently Pitt and Cinci are a game up on us in the division. After the Ravens play we could be all alone in the basement.

L
Legend
Legend
L
I love when people say noone expected us to win anyways so who cares that we lost...lol, thats just a bad saying. I guarantee you the 53 orange helmets thought they could win. Defense and mistakes cost us the game. We don't have the ability to overcome them yet. I also think it's quite presumptuous to say our defense will get better. It looks alot like last years. I still think it is the scheme. Woods needs to adapt, you can't run the same looks the whole game, you have to adjust and we seem to always be one series behind the adjustments. Our offense will win us alot of games because not many teams will be able to score like we do. We better have the defense sorted by postseason.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Everyone expected us to lose. Of course the players thought they could win, they wouldn't be in the NFL if they didn't. But at least we agree on Woods.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: slick

Go root for Pittsburgh and get off this board.

Ignore him super. This the same guy who got angry when posted bakers first 3 season stats compared to drew brees first 3 season stats. This guy told me to stop comparing baker to QBs from 30 years ago! Keep in mind brees was still playing lol. He tries to make himself out to be the football guru but the only problem is he is NOT. Lol
thats rich coming from you, and I've never said two words to you..let along talking about qb's 30 years ago...FYI..I'm a Baker fan. obtuse one aren't you

rolleyesdevil ohhhh ok....nice try. You could at least own it.

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I love when people say noone expected us to win anyways so who cares that we lost...lol, thats just a bad saying. I guarantee you the 53 orange helmets thought they could win. Defense and mistakes cost us the game. We don't have the ability to overcome them yet. I also think it's quite presumptuous to say our defense will get better. It looks alot like last years. I still think it is the scheme. Woods needs to adapt, you can't run the same looks the whole game, you have to adjust and we seem to always be one series behind the adjustments. Our offense will win us alot of games because not many teams will be able to score like we do. We better have the defense sorted by postseason.

Did you pick them to win. You have them losing on every negative play even when we're up by multiple scores

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Any word on Wills?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Maybe the most predictable result is the over reactions. If we had won there’d have been over reactions the other way. People gots to chill.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Any word on Wills?

This is the $64k question

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
We won't know how our D will be- injuries, covid, etc.
I didn't watch the game, listened only. My two cents, we could have won if our punter could punt the ball. Jamie Boy had never had 80000 people screaming at him....his was one of the biggest mistakes. How Harrison gets kicked out of a game, that is big mistake. And as a team we lost the turnover battle big time.

They scored a TD in 14 seconds or less....can't give up that easy a score. A team loss.....GO Browns!!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
hitt #1883009 09/12/21 08:18 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
I love how they called it on the bench and then someone from New York steps in and they reverse the call. All they seen was the shove. I think the player on the ground was holding his foot. At least it looked that way

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Maybe should wait before unloading my thoughts ...

- The fumbles were the difference. In a game where we could not afford to make mistakes, we made two.

- Harrison, be smarter than that. Don't care who started it, just be smarter. This team relies on you.

- Did Granny Williams even play? Don't recall seeing him out there. Higgins for that matter, either.

- I get that it is KC, and this is the first game for our defense. But Kelce and Hill did to us today what they did to us in the playoffs. I would have thought there would be some noticeable difference.

- Nice to see some DBs making tackles.

- Other than that pick, Baker was spot on.

- Terrible weekend for our household. OSU and CLE lose. UM, CIN and PIT win.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I actually agree with this. The coach put himself in the middle of the situation…

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess
Any word on Wills?

#gmSTRONG
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
Did DPJ do anything? I didn’t notice him. Schwartz looked great. He almost came down with a huge catch, but the db broke it up at the last second. And we could be better with OBJ.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess
Any word on Wills?

I heard it was a tweek. Whatever that means

O
Legend
Legend
O
I missed this part (had to get a handle on the smoker). I'd love to see some sort of conclusion because losing Harrison for majority of the game isn't minor.

I saw the O play really well overall. I don't expect mistake-free football with how aggressive we are on that side of the ball. Their D made plays when it mattered and ours didn't. I expect the D to get better.

I was VERY surprised by how involved Schwartz was and how well he did. I was surprised to see Walker drawing the Kelce assignment as much as he did.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Let’s hope Jed will be okay within a few weeks

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
The Chiefs have 3 players. Mahomes, Kelce and Hill. For the 47th year in a row, we have no defense for TEs. Very little QB pressure against a new KC offensive line. Extremely disappointed once again with Joe Woods defensive play calling and schemes with all the "talent" we have.

Offense looked awesome and will keep us in games. Baker looked extremely comfortable and very accurate. I love, love, love Chubb and Hunt

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think Harrison got thrown out for stepping on the players stomach. He did not do it intentionally. He was stepping over him and another kc player pushed him and he lost his balance then the coach pushed him and he pushed back. It was not his fault.

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
O
Legend
Legend
O
Mahommes was getting rid of the ball quick, and was stepping up in the pocket letting the rush go around/behind him.

I thought his TD run was embarrassing. It was Mack and someone else that got absolutely smoked (hope they picked up their jock straps as they left the field).

I wish we'd find ways to run Kareem more. You can see how juiced he is to play his old team.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Another thing: please don’t give us Romo any more. We never win when he’s on the game haha. And when we’re collapsing he’s so annoying

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T

Go root for Pittsburgh and get the hell off this board.

The only poster I have on ignore because I cannot stand him. I question whether or not he's a true fan.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
Maybe should wait before unloading my thoughts ...

- The fumbles were the difference. In a game where we could not afford to make mistakes, we made two.

- Harrison, be smarter than that. Don't care who started it, just be smarter. This team relies on you.

- Did Granny Williams even play? Don't recall seeing him out there. Higgins for that matter, either.

- I get that it is KC, and this is the first game for our defense. But Kelce and Hill did to us today what they did to us in the playoffs. I would have thought there would be some noticeable difference.

- Nice to see some DBs making tackles.

- Other than that pick, Baker was spot on.

- Terrible weekend for our household. OSU and CLE lose. UM, CIN and PIT win.

Greedy did play.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Give me a lot more of these this season:

Legend
Legend
I thought we were going to win right up to when we didn't. I'm A little down but not to much since I know we will win a lot of games this year.

I have to give the Chiefs credit,specifically Sorenson. If he doesn't get a hand on Baker's foot he doesn't throw that pick.

I personally was happy with the game plan. Forcing the Chiefs to play mistake free ball and eat up the clock would have worked if not for our miscues in the third and fourth quarters.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: The Big G
Did DPJ do anything? I didn’t notice him. Schwartz looked great. He almost came down with a huge catch, but the db broke it up at the last second. And we could be better with OBJ.

DPJ made a nice catch on 3rd down for a first down on the final drive when he was blanketed by the DB. It was his only target of the game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DaveyD
The Chiefs have 3 players. Mahomes, Kelce and Hill. For the 47th year in a row, we have no defense for TEs. Very little QB pressure against a new KC offensive line. Extremely disappointed once again with Joe Woods defensive play calling and schemes with all the "talent" we have.

Offense looked awesome and will keep us in games. Baker looked extremely comfortable and very accurate. I love, love, love Chubb and Hunt

Outside of the 75 yard pass to Hill the D played GREAT.

What game were you watching???

KC is a scoring machine and defending AFC Champs!

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 29 Chiefs 33 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard