Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Another thing: please don’t give us Romo any more. We never win when he’s on the game haha. And when we’re collapsing he’s so annoying

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

saywhat saywhat

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Haha

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Baker was 21-28 for 321. Only 9 passes completed to wide outs.
Landry caught 5 for 71
Swartz 3-69
Peoples-Jones 1-4

TEs caught 7
Njoku 3-76
Hooper 3-27
Bryant 1-17

RBs 5
Hunt 3-28
Chubb 2-18

Last edited by Pdawg; 09/12/21 09:01 PM.

#gmstrong
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
The game was way better than that Steeler Bills stinker.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I have almost no complaints about the offense other than the turnovers. Truly, they looked threatening and confident the entire game. We really have something there. It’s the defense where the glue is obviously still very wet. Hopefully that’s all it really is. Just didn’t look cohesive, couldn’t anticipate. Why oh why did we never adjust to letting Kelce roam in our zone D. Come on with that already. Why do our def ends continuously go fast to the outside pushing Mahomes up into the pocket. Why not spin inside? The outside pressure was not working (except the one sack).

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
When you are playing a Playoff team, it's best if you don't make mistakes.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Our LBs are worrisome still. Very little speed. I wonder how long it will be until JOK can be on the field most of the time … he’s at least got the speed and suddenness that we need.

When they went 5 wide on the goal line it was a joke lol … Kelce just had his way with the matchup

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I wish we wouldn't keep benching Higgins for rookies. We really needed his clutch factor out there today.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Baker does well, when he gets behind his feet get happy and we know what happens...

Two bad fumbles..

Second half penalties hurt...

Losing season openers is no surprise..

Still not sure if Not playing starters in pre-season is a good thing..

Lots of games left... Last season the Browns were 0-1 and ended up winning 11..

Chill is a good thing !!!

Legend
Legend
Yep... when we got the bal back in the fourth I thought we were winning with no time left...

<><

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: jaybird
Yep... when we got the bal back in the fourth I thought we were winning with no time left...

So did I

Joe Thomas #73
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We played like we where the same old Browns.

Sitting back and letting them catch the ball all day long and only rushing four.

[Linked Image]

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: BADdog
Originally Posted By: jaybird

So did I

Rashard Higgins, Zero Targets on the day. And
The Browns lose.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

Gillam … I’d cut him

Him and chubb no mistakes allowed

This is just ridiculous.

I think that's the point.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend

They jinxed us 3 times during the game

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Very upset that we made 3 or 4 HUGE mistakes...

Equally upset that we forced 0 big mistakes from the Chiefs...

yebat' Putin
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Good point DC. We didnt do anything to force a KC mistake really. They aren’t gonna beat themselves … gotta heat them up like TB did

R
Legend
Legend
R
Nothing that happened prior to the last minute drive was relevant. The QB has to be able to put the team on his shoulders to win games. Baker has zero come from behind wins against contender-quality opponents. Zero. In 3+ seasons. All of his signature wins against contender-quality opponents, he was playing from in front the whole game.

I hear moxie. Competitor. Wants to win. But when it matters most against the teams you need to beat to win it all, he doesn't deliver.

That's the difference in the game.

The Browns will win a lot of games. The Browns will probably make the playoffs. Baker should get extended. Good QBs don't grow on trees. But I don't ever think the Browns will win it all unless Baker can demonstrate he can put the team on his shoulders to win a game against a contender-quality opponent. Not the Cincinattis of the world.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Hopefully, based on this info, Wills misses little time.

Cleveland Browns left tackle Jedrick Wills Jr. left the game in the second quarter with an apparent left ankle injury. By video, he suffered a standard grade 2 inversion ankle sprain. Wills was carted to the locker room and is listed as questionable to return. We believe he has a chance to return with tape support.

Update:Wills has been ruled out of the game.

https://profootballdoc.com/#/squads/6117788fb4ae7b421fb7bd2e/players/613326fa3772132507452690

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Nothing that happened prior to the last minute drive was relevant. The QB has to be able to put the team on his shoulders to win games. Baker has zero come from behind wins against contender-quality opponents. Zero. In 3+ seasons. All of his signature wins against contender-quality opponents, he was playing from in front the whole game.

I hear moxie. Competitor. Wants to win. But when it matters most against the teams you need to beat to win it all, he doesn't deliver.

The Browns will win a lot of games. The Browns will probably make the playoffs. Baker should get extended. Good QBs don't grow on trees. But I don't ever think the Browns will win it all unless Baker can demonstrate he can put the team on his shoulders to win a game against a contender-quality opponent. Not the Cincinattis of the world.
so when the RB fumbles and the punter botches a snap and the DB allows a ridiculous completion after Baker carried them up to these events he still supposed to throw a perfect pass while having someone grabbing his foot and overcome Everytime!!!

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

This is a hard truth for any champion caliber QB, even if they don't win a Championship. I'd like to think Baker will get there, but at the moment, he's a great motivator when all is going well. After The Hammer muffed the punt, a sideline shot showed QB1 getting po'd about the gaff. I get it, it was a crap play by Gillian, but Baker's job is to go convince the rest of the team not to worry and he'll get it back.

Ok - so I wasn't there, none of us were - it's just an impression that I had from my Lay-Z-Boy... laugh

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
Originally Posted By: DaveyD
The Chiefs have 3 players. Mahomes, Kelce and Hill. For the 47th year in a row, we have no defense for TEs. Very little QB pressure against a new KC offensive line. Extremely disappointed once again with Joe Woods defensive play calling and schemes with all the "talent" we have.

Offense looked awesome and will keep us in games. Baker looked extremely comfortable and very accurate. I love, love, love Chubb and Hunt

Outside of the 75 yard pass to Hill the D played GREAT.

What game were you watching???

KC is a scoring machine and defending AFC Champs!

As I stated. 3 players.

Mahomes - 337 yards 3 TDs
Hill - 197 yds and 1 TD
Kelce - 76 yds 2 TDs

That game.

The Defensive scheme, was questionable and did not show much, if any adjustments. We paid a lot of money to upgrade the Defense and I sure do hope they gel. Woods has NO excuses this year.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Mahommes was getting rid of the ball quick, and was stepping up in the pocket letting the rush go around/behind him.

I thought his TD run was embarrassing. It was Mack and someone else that got absolutely smoked (hope they picked up their jock straps as they left the field).

I agree I thought he should have gotten more touches
I wish we'd find ways to run Kareem more. You can see how juiced he is to play his old team.

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Well that sucked.

First half saw lots of good things. Marched down the field and made some ballsy calls on that first drive.

Defense left something to be desired although we were playing one of the top offenses in the league. Felt we had no pass rush, aside from the sack at the end of the 4th quarter. Ejection of our safety was very lame, considering he was shoved by a coach. But he shouldn’t have thrown that punch either. How much did losing him hurt our defense?

The wheels clearly came off with the Chubb fumble and subsequent botched punt.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I'm going to call BS on the intent of your stat..

Second Baltimore game last year, we got the ball after the kick-off on our own 25 with 1:51 left and down by 7.. Baker went the length of the field and scored the game tying TD in under a minute. It's not his fault the defense let the Ravens walk right back down the field and kick the game winning FG.. Baker scored 22 points in the 4th quarter of that game.

And you can say 3+ years but in reality, last year is the only year where we had much of a chance to beat a quality opponent..

yebat' Putin
B
2nd String
2nd String
B
No excuses for Baker. But I believe by the end of the season the outcome may be different.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
So when Harrison was tossed the TV guest official said any time a flag is on the ground NY can review any play....does this mean that all instigators will face punishment now that they can/will be caught? Or does NY reserve the right to oy review the flags thst Vegas gives them permission to?

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Our LBs are worrisome still. Very little speed. I wonder how long it will be until JOK can be on the field most of the time … he’s at least got the speed and suddenness that we need.

When they went 5 wide on the goal line it was a joke lol … Kelce just had his way with the matchup

Not sure anyone can really cover him. Reminds me of Antonio gates on his prime

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Legend
Legend
I have no problem with Harrison getting tossed for shoving a member of the opposing teams coaching staff, you just can't do that... but what Romo said happened to lead up to him shoving the coach was dead wrong.

yebat' Putin
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Give me a lot more of these this season:

What's impressive was that Mahommes got up from that. Clowney hit him so hard he knocked Garrett backwards (who hit him from the other side).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
The replay was clear...there was no Su stomp and the coach initiated contact....if youbare gonna review things then at least not show bias and be legit.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
I have no problem with Harrison getting tossed for shoving a member of the opposing teams coaching staff, you just can't do that... but what Romo said happened to lead up to him shoving the coach was dead wrong.

Did he get rejected for the shove or for stepping on the player. Either way he got screwed

Joe Thomas #73
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: JulesDawg
We are going to win a lot of games this year. Hand wringing and lamenting over this loss is ridiculous. KC is a great team and we hung with them once again. When we face them again post season, it will be a different story.

Stop with the negative crap. This is a very good team, we knew this first game would be a likely loss. Not a big deal.

I'm simply going to piggyback off of your post. I do not believe it was ever a realistic expectation for people to believe this D was going to look like a masterpiece in the first game with all of the new players in a new system. I mean I see nothing wrong with wishful thinking and optimism, but for God's sake, people shouldn't mistake that for realistic expectations.

I do not believe Baker intended to make that pass that led to the interception late in the fourth quarter. It looked to me he was already in the process of throwing the ball before he stared to go down and it was simply too late for him to correct the throw. After watching him for four quarters that wasn't a pass the same QB I watched in that game would throw if he could have changed up.

And all of the hand ringing over one botched punt attempt by Gillan?? Dear Lord people. How many times has that happened again?

And Chubb rarely fumbles. Sometimes the Gremlins bite and today was that day.

Mahomes usually always gets his and he did. This defense is going to improve. The talent is there. I'm not football guru. I get things wrong at least as often as I get them right. But people argued all week that this D would come out on fire. That only happens when you gain familiarity within a system. That only happens when what you do is like a reflex rather than something you have to think about. It will come.

Have a beer, have a Xanax, meditate or smoke a blunt or dab. Whatever it is that helps you gain your composure and perspective. This O is just fine. Baker is just fine. The D will come around with some reps and games under their belts.

It's far too early to call for firings and have a meltdown.

I felt we were certainly capable of covering the spread even with D just beginning to get their feet wet and we did. It's only going to get better from here.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
Intercepted of not, Baker! has made similar passes to that interception, at other points in his Browns career, 2 or 3 or more other times, I'd bet.

I meant to say. Post game thoughts.

I didn't see anything, from the ("new") DB's that Sendejo and Terrence Mitchell didn't provide you last year. Specifically JJ3 and Troy Hill.
Did You?
Fine! It's Just, the 6 months of parroting how special these guys are, from the media, day after week, and then,

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah NFL players are like Minute Rice. They should be 100% ready almost right out of the box.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

Did he get rejected for the shove or for stepping on the player. Either way he got screwed

No, he didn't get screwed, he's a player, he shoved a coach on the other team.. you can't do that.

The stomp wasn't a stomp... he was getting up from the pile, trying to step over the raised legs of the player on the ground, other Chiefs were rushing in to help up their guy, his foot got hung up on his knee and he put his foot down to avoid falling.. he put his foot down on his stomach but didn't put any weight on it.. then the KC coach shoved him.. then there was a pause and he should have walked away but I assume things were said and he shoved him back.. the KC coach should have also been ejected, I'm not even sure which coach it was.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Harrison should have been tossed, and so should the KC assistant coach who shoved him first ....... especially after review by NY.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Yeah NFL players are like Minute Rice. They should be 100% ready almost right out of the box.
wo wo wo, I'm talking bout JJ3, and Troy Hill. NFL Veteran players. Doesn't matter.

The Browns Lost!
This Sucks!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: s003apr
I think some people are being way too hard on the Defense. I was expecting worse with all of the personnel turnover, but they really forced the Chiefs to work for their TDs with exception of the ridiculous play by Mahomes and Hill. The game came down to mistakes and the Browns just made a few big ones. Can't give the Chiefs easy points.

Loved this game, can't way for the next one!

This.

This was a fantastic game with an unfortunate outcome for us.

Until the wheels started to come off - and what did us in was that the wheels just kept falling off - we looked like we were just playing catch out there. It was all coming fairly easy, and the Chiefs looked like they were having to WORK to try to keep up!

It wasn't one mistake that did us in, it was the continual stream of them and that is just too much to overcome.

Harrison getting himself ejected.
Chubb's fumble.
Gillan's gaffe.
Baker's INT.
Conklin's sack where he seemed to not even notice Chris Jones out there until after he was going by.
JJ3 & the 75 yard insanity.
The 3 & Out.

Undo any one of them and we would have still been in it.
Undo any two of them and the game is most likely all but in the bag.

This team is going to be a nightmare for opponents come January.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 29 Chiefs 33 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard