Legend
T
For Pete's sake!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Stefanski - Awful
Baker - Awful
Defense - Thank You!

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
BAKER SUCKED and he'll say as much. The Baker hatred is amazing. He's our QB and he'll pick it up.. something is affecting his game and I'm betting Shoulder but he's not going to admit it. The constant criticism is amazing cause he's the best QB we've had in a long time and he'll come out on top but some on here are actually rooting for him to fail. It's obvious

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Not sure what happened to Baker's accuracy from the 1st 2 games but boy has it taken a turn for the worse. I mean, missing receivers by 5 yards is something you would expect from a 2nd or 3rd string QB, not a potential Franchise one. Baker has lost his touch.

The Defense was absolutely amazing after getting gashed the 1st drive. Ward is having a bad year. Hope he can bounce back. When we get pressure on the QB, we are golden. The run Defense looks stout. Clowney had been worth the money. Need to sign him long term. As I said before, JOK needs to start every game from now on.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I'll put my 2 cents in. We WON. That's the Main thing. It was great on D because we played a very good O at their place today. Our O not so much but I believe Bakers shoulder is bothering him more than he's saying. We beat a team we historically have problems with. We are now 5-12 lifetime against them. To me that's important. JMO

T
All Pro
All Pro
T
D - Amazing game actually; that's two back-to-back and they should be credited with the win given the O's 2nd Half play.

Coaching - I think Stefanski had some internal pressure about looking good first time back in Minny. He seemed to over think play calling and affected the rhythm of the Offense.

QB - I like Baker; I like his attitude and how he truly has endured the challenges he had with so many offensive systems. Having said that, his day was pedestrian and that's being generous. His accuracy has been well documented, but today he had several over thrown balls and also some that looked short-armed. He just wasn't putting the ball where it was needed. Knowing that, the Vikings D could cheat to the run and that clearly showed down the stretch.

I'll take a win and be glad for it, but Baker needs some soul searching before next week.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Joe Woods and the D were nothing short of amazing. What a turnaround from the first two games.

Baker was nothing short of atrocious. I counted 5 missed td throws, including two that would have put the team away. Baker's not a winner.

We have a kicker.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
1. We won.

2. Baker missed some throws today but see 1. He doesn't seem as assured as usual. I think Wills was dinged up and Hudson came in. I think we see #6 make a difference when we need him to moving forward. I dont think OBJ and he are on the same page - that will come too.

3. D was brilliant after that first drive.Defense was very good against a legitimate offense. Now we have to see how we go against a QB who can run. JOK was very good again and the front 4 provided pressure all day. We had some brilliantly timed blitzes too.

EDIT - 4. Our kicker was great, thanks Rishuz.

I'll take 3-1 with some misfires thank you.

Last edited by drobs; 10/03/21 04:35 PM.
1st String
1st String
The Defense showed up and showed out! without them, we lose. Glad to see Woods trusting in our talent.

Baker, Baker, Baker smh. This was probably the worst game I've ever seen him play. He was off on every single thing. He throws with no touch whatsoever. It pains me watching him throw those super hard passes. You almost know he's not gonna hit anybody with them. He is better than this. I know Odell is p'd and I fully understand why. He is being wasted. I'm willing to chuck this as simply ONE terribly awful game from him and move on to the next

Was Coach trying to show up his former team or what? Some of his plays boggled my mind. Not going for the fg, the funny lookin route that he had Odell run in the endzone, 3 straight pass plays with 5 minutes left? He needs to dial it back and go back to the basics when his qb is struggling.

We got the W but it's hard to not have questions after this game. 3-1 lets go!

Last edited by 85_Browns_Queen; 10/03/21 04:34 PM.
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
The defense is gelling. Minny had a top offense, and we held them in check.

People saying Ward played bad, I don't get it. Their recievers were not a big factor today, and they are pretty damn good. Greedy had a good game ,IMO.

JOK is the linebacker we been waiting for. Delpit played well also.

People bashing Stephanski? Why? Because the quarterback couldn't hit the broad side of a barn today? I thought the play calling was good, the execution in the pass game was putrid.

Baker. Wow was he bad today. He had Harrison wide open and overthrows him. He had OBJ open a couple times and made bad throws. He Had Hunt wide open and kept the ball and was short of the sticks. I have to say, this was the worst game he has played in a couple years. He looked anxious the whole game. Something ain't right.

But, we won a tough game against a quality opponent in their house. 3-1!!

Time to regroup and move on. Still tied for the division

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
M
Legend
Legend
M
Another week another win!

Baker hasn't been the same since Landry went out and OBJ returned.

Stefanski play calling seems off since OBJ returned as well.

Browns tried their best to give that game away. Defense wouldn't allow it.

Defense played outstanding. Hat tip to Joe Woods.

Great play by Greedy.

Wills tried to gut it out, but aggravated his injury. Should shut him down for a game.

Chase McLaughlin is an absolute legend.

The offense misses Landry.

Great to end up on the winning side even after poor game offensively and some questionable clock management. This means the Browns are a really good football team.

Go Browns!

All Pro
All Pro
We win as a team. Today Stefanski and Baker struggled but that’s the beauty when you have a good team. When someone has a bad day another player steps up.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Baker is obviously playing injured. Why don't you haters realize this?

Go root for Lamar or the rapist in PA.

Baker is our QB!

This D is starting to gell. A 1985 Chicago Bears performance today.

Legend
Legend

Not the game I thought would happen.

Great effort by the defense.

Malik McDowell is a true beast. Great effort on every play.The front four was amazing. Pressure all day.
JOK another terrific performance. He made a couple eye popping plays.

Good game by Greedy and Ward. Overall the defense was fantastic.

We beat them down running ball. Just wore them down.============

The passing game horrible. Worst game for Baker in accuracy. He protected the ball. But he missed so many throws. Missed them bad.

Have to shake it off. We won.

Hard game against a good team on the road.

We will need to play better.
================================================

No team in football has the luxury the Browns do. A day where the passing game was doing nothing.

We handed it off and won the game.

The offense has a full week to practice and get better.

They have lots to work on.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Defense looks to be the real deal. McDowell was a steal. He's just going to get better too. Watching JOK play just reminds me that we need someone other than Taki Taki. JOK covered his butt several times today. Imaging if JOK only had to worry about his assignments.

Offense and coaching can be lumped together because they both sucked today and def. not what we expected or normally expect. Baker has been alot better than this. Stefanski has been alot better than this. The opponents aren't getting easier and we need to figure it out. Biggest problem is Baker has a gunslinger mentality but doesn't have the accuracy deep to make those throws. He's very much a rhythm passer. Stefanski needs to do a better job early using the run game and PA and the short passing game to get Baker primed for the rest of the game. Playcalling was to erratic and didn't have the flow to do that. Heres hoping we see more games like second half of last year than what we saw today.

As others said, crazy to think we were going to keep Parkey over Chase. I no longer worry about a FG being shanked and dude has that range that helps bail the offense out. Kicking those 50+ like nothing. Gives KS options though for some reason he doesn't seem to want to use

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
O
Legend
Legend
O
Look, we won. Not all wins are pretty. Wanted to win by more too, but we won.

I have nothing against OBJ, but there is some kind of mental crap going on with Baker when OBJ is in the game. Baker has looked like crap the last two weeks, him wanting to get OBJ touches is causing him to force it, IMO.

Personally, I'll be glad when we ship/cut OBJ. I don't think he's all that anymore. And it's obvious Baker can't get over his mental need to get him touches. Freddie probably drilled it into his head...

The only other thing it could be is missing Landry. But when OBJ was trying to make a catch today and looked over his left shoulder then reaches out to make a one-handed catch without looking right. Use both hands dammit! It was probably uncatchable anyway, but the showboating crap gets on your nerves when your superstar WR brings less value than a Higgins. I'd take Higgins over OBJ on this team everyday, all day.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Legend
Legend
P

BIG WIN on the Road

Chubb needs more carries

This Defense is fun to watch

Last edited by PastorMarc; 10/03/21 04:46 PM.

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: Steubenvillian
The defense is gelling. Minny had a top offense, and we held them in check.

People saying Ward played bad, I don't get it. Their recievers were not a big factor today, and they are pretty damn good. Greedy had a good game ,IMO.

JOK is the linebacker we been waiting for. Delpit played well also.

People bashing Stephanski? Why? Because the quarterback couldn't hit the broad side of a barn today? I thought the play calling was good, the execution in the pass game was putrid.

Baker. Wow was he bad today. He had Harrison wide open and overthrows him. He had OBJ open a couple times and made bad throws. He Had Hunt wide open and kept the ball and was short of the sticks. I have to say, this was the worst game he has played in a couple years. He looked anxious the whole game. Something ain't right.

But, we won a tough game against a quality opponent in their house. 3-1!!

Time to regroup and move on. Still tied for the division

Baker had Felton wide open in front on his face for a 1st down and decided to run with it and not get the 1st down. His accuracy and decision making today was some of the worst in a long time.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
O
Legend
Legend
O
D played a phenomenal game. Seemed to be a bunch of confusion in the secondary on that first drive but that mostly got ironed out quick. They played pretty tight against a very talented group of pass-catchers, and smothered the run game. Their Oline is good but we started getting the better of them at the end.
Takk with another sack. Good for him.
I thought Greedy had a real solid game. Didn't see any egregious misses, plus he got the pick. Also heard his name on run stops quite a bit.

Baker was erratic. Now that I think about it, he got REALLY lucky he wasn't picked because he hit 2 defenders in the back of the head with underthrows. He missed at least 3 wide open guys for big plays.

Kareem Hunt was putting in some work for the second week in a row. Felt like Troy Hill had a poor game.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Quote:

These two comments make no sense to me. First, I can't stand when people bash play calling. Except for going for it on first down early in the game, I can't see what was bad about the game plan,or the plays called. If Baker completes, even three, of his bad throws, this game wouldn't have been close.

How did they try to give it away? No turnovers, and controled the TOP. Just a silly comment, IMO.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Even some of the greatest QBs to ever play the game have had terrible games. However it doesn't matter if baker has 10 great games and one like this, the baker haters on this board our gonna bash him everytime.

The defense was excellent especially considering how long they were on the field today. JOK played really good. Considering how long it has been for greedy since he started a game you couldnt ask him to do a better job. The defensive line was amazing.

Rishard Higgins needs more playing time. The kid is clutch period point blank. I call him a poor mans version of chris Carter.

Hudson did well for being thrown on there.

Hunt and chubb both ran the ball hard today as the Vikings were determined to slow them down with run blitzes.

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Baker was terrible today.

[Linked Image]

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Another week another win!

Baker hasn't been the same since Landry went out and OBJ returned.

Defense played outstanding. Hat tip to Joe Woods.

Great play by Greedy.

Wills tried to gut it out, but aggravated his injury. Should shut him down for a game.

Chase McLaughlin is an absolute legend.

The offense misses Landry.

Great to end up on the winning side even after poor game offensively and some questionable clock management. This means the Browns are a really good football team.

Go Browns!

I'm not sure its OBJ arrival so much as it coincided with Landry going out. Landry is the heart of the passing game and he does alot on the outside in the run game. Dude is a player and def. missed. Outside of OBJ this team has no true weapons at WR with Landry out, so teams pull coverage over to stop OBJ, Baker has to see this and hit the other guys, he's not even seeing them.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Big win. Huge. This win is all on the D. They showed up today against a quality offense.

Cousins saw a lot of pressure today.

Another sack on 4th down. You're on the road, kick the FG.

I'm actually glad Hudson false started on that one 4th down. Forced a punt. My guess is had we gone for it, it would have failed.

Baker had a bad day today. Missed on a lot of throws. People will get defensive here ... I am not saying he sucks and is a bad QB. I am saying that today he was bad. And I am sure he would not argue that.

I like the kicker. How was he available?

Again, the D was huge today.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
In the Gameday thread, someone mentioned the shoulder injury. The it was pointed out that it was the non throwing shoulder. As a pitcher in college, I realize that when you throw, you use the off shoulder to pull back while the throwing shoulder is going forward. It does a lot to add velocity to the ball.

Not saying that the shoulder is or isn't affecting him, just pointing out that the off shoulder does play a role. Don't believe me, go outside and tie you off arm to your waste and try throwing.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Well we won so that's good.

Baker was bad today. Wonder if the shoulder is bothering him. Baker must play better if we are going to beat the Chargers.

Defense won the game obviously. Thank you D.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Everybody loves the kicker now LOL

P
Legend
Legend
P

WE HAVE A GREAT KICKER thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
B
All Pro
All Pro
B

We're bashing KS because he gets cute and passes up sure points in the 1st quarter, having that extra 3 points would've been great today.

Kick it early, go for it late!

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

Not sure yet. Let's wait to see how he does in the wind, rain and snow in Cleveland stadium

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: slick
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

Not sure yet. Let's wait to see how he does in the wind, rain and snow in Cleveland stadium

True but he is pretty good so far thumbsup

P
Legend
Legend
P
I told my wife before the game we will see if this D is for real ... question answered thumbsup

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Joe Woods called a good game today.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Overall, this felt like such a wonky game.

Hats off to the defense. If not for their performance we easily lose this game. Baker was pretty bad today and thought Stefanski had some very questionable play calls pretty much throughout the entire game.

- Denzel Ward had another bad performance although he had a huge pass def. towards the end of the game.
- JOK was active and in on several plays
- Baker easily had his worst game of the season. He was wildly off so often. That Minneapolis nightlife will get you!
- Odell was in line for what felt like a 100+ yard game if Baker was more accurate
- Once again, nice little 1-2 punch from the RBs....certainly helps a QB playing poorly.
- Higgins was great.
- Good for Greedy coming up with big play. Wish we would have been able to capitalize on it.
- Feeling good about our kicker.
- Wills gets at least two holding calls a game and Baker gets at least one intentional grounding per game. Nice to see Garrett not get an offsides. That can usually be counted on as well.

It felt good putting it too an offense w/ Cook, Jefferson, and Theilen. It was only a matter of time before Cousins came back down to earth and regressed to his production mean. Still, they have some legit weapons. We didn't let them score after their first possession....that means a ton.

Kinda had a hunch going into this that the 51.5 Over/Under would not have been met. Just didn't know it would have been that "under".

Tackles are tackles.
1st String
1st String
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg

I'm actually glad Hudson false started on that one 4th down. Forced a punt. My guess is had we gone for it, it would have failed

Didn't one of our olineman do this when Kitchen's was the coach? Everybody applauded when he did it too. He jumped and forced Kitchen's to punt. I think it was Cam Erving.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
As I stated the main thing is we won. However, we need to play much better on O if we expect to win next week in LA and beyond for that matter.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
Baker is obviously playing injured. Why don't you haters realize this?

Go root for Lamar or the rapist in PA.

Baker is our QB!

This D is starting to gell. A 1985 Chicago Bears performance today.

agreed. Something is wrong because his accuracy is his strong suit and it's been off since his injury

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
Legend
Legend
Focusing on positives:

our defense was phenomenal. Maybe our best against a GOOD opponent. We owned their offense after one series

our FG kicker was GOLD today too

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
L
Legend
Legend
L
1. Baker was terrible. Missed wide open throws -several, in fact.
2. We were getting tons of pressure on Cousins, We more or less shut Cooks down, and they didn’t get a lot through the air.

3. Our pass coverage seemed pretty good, JOK is already an impact player. Suddenly we have a really tough defence to play against.
4. Chase still perfect with his kicks, very pleasant surprise.

5. Should have kicked the FG on 4th and four in the first; take the three.

6. I’d rather win ugly than lose pretty.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 14 Vikings 7 Post Game Thoughts!!

Link Copied to Clipboard