Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#1891932 10/10/21 07:29 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
That’s a hard loss

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
The injuries though hurt even more than the loss. Next week we play cardinals without all 3 starting corners and both starting offensive tackles

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Legend
Legend
this was a Clash of the Titans kind of game.

but.....we wouldnt even be talking about a loss if it wasn't for the horrible referee's.

that DPI on 4th down was just absolutely inexcusable.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Swish

but.....we wouldnt even be talking about a loss if it wasn't for the horrible referee's.

Definitely felt like the fix was in. Yay, legalized gambling. rolleyesdevil

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Horrible play calling by KS in the 4th quarter.

We have no one on D left to play the Cards on Sunday.

Refs wearing powder blue.

A typical Browns loss.

I've had enough.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
As good as Baker played this game will not put to rest any notion among many that he just isn’t an elite, clutch finisher.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Not really happy with the Stefanski play calling with 3 minutes to go where the Browns wound up going 3 and out. That was the game.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Bull_Dawg

Definitely felt like the fix was in. Yay, legalized gambling. rolleyesdevil

bro i know. i mean i hate blaming refs for L's but damn it felt like they did everything possible to help the chargers win.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
and i dont want to hear a word about baker.

the last 2 drives is on Stefanski calling horrible plays.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That DPI on green was a terrible call.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

2nd String
2nd String
Poor refereeing for sure but the offense put up 42 and lost. This is completely on defense. Again. No other team worries about losing putting up 42.

Who let the Dawgs out???
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
On the drive before the last one where you punted to the Chargers, Chubb wasn't on the field at all. Why? Is he banged up?

R
Legend
Legend
R
--Browns got out coached and out ref'ed today.

--I know they want Baker to have less turnovers, but when you coach the gunslinger out of the gunslinger, you don't have any bullets when you need to bring a gun to a gunslinger fight. Maybe that's why Stefanski made that bull crap, chicken chit run call on 3rd and 10 knowing his defense couldn't stop the Chargers. What a gutless attempt at coaching.

--Baker is, well, this is why I'm so critical of Baker. If you don't have a QB who can bring you back, you could still win a lot of games, but you won't go the distance. I had no belief he would deliver a game winning drive. 1:30 is an eternity for a good QB. He wasted most of that just to get 12 yards.

--It ruined what was a nice bounce back game for him that will hopefully build some confidence moving forward. It wasn't an elite game. They didn't want to put the ball in his hands. Meanwhile, the Chargers were all about Herbert.

--Baker, throw the ball to OBJ. Please. He's open all game long. Why won't you throw the ball to OBJ?

--Gillan is awful.

--Defense reverting back to the mean. Couldn't make a play to save their lives.

--Cardinals next week. Could this Super Bowl contender start out 3-3?

Legend
Legend

The worst officiating I have seen.

We got held on so many plays.

The 4th down call for PI was unreal. The ref was right there looking at the play.

The receiver was pushing off and holding. Uneffing believable.

I am sick about that damn game.

No execuses for some of miss coverages.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Bakers a good dude. Funny guy. Easy to root for.

He is Not an elite QB. I like him. He’s a middle-of-the-pack QB with elite weapons.

Can you imagine what Tom Brady would do with this offense? Lamar Jackson? Ben?

I love the kid. He’s not elite.

R
Legend
Legend
R

He doesn't trust Baker to make plays. I still believe he should have called those plays more aggressively, but when you watch your QB miss wide open guys all game long, it's not confidence inspiring.

The difference between the Chargers and the Browns is that no matter the situation Herbert was going to give them a chance. For the Browns, as soon as they went down and needed a game winning drive for the win, they had no chance.

B
Legend
Legend
B

I disagree. What cost us the game was two wide open, uncovered Chargers for 50+ yards TDs. The refs had nothing to do with that.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Horrible PI call
Horrible play calling on drive with 3 min left
Horrible 2 minute drill, not sure if that's on Baker or Ski or both.

And was it just me or did 71 OL from the Chargers flinch his arm before almost every snap?

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
We had 500 yards and 0 TOs and lost

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

I disagree. What cost us the game was two wide open, uncovered Chargers for 50+ yards TDs. The refs had nothing to do with that.

Yep

M
Legend
Legend
M
Brutal.

- Aj Green and Greedy played their asses off.

- Refs gave LAC a TD. Horrible.

- Chubb and Hunt are an amazing duo.

- Injuries piling up.

- Breakout game for Njoku.

- Jamie Gillan needs to go. He's been bad for awhile.

- The legend of Chase McLaughlin grows.

- Everyone just stopped on the Hail Mary when Njoku fell.

- Stefanski choked at the end of the game. A run on 3rd and 10? Really. Your punter can't kick it more than 40 yards and the defense was not stopping Herbert. Cannot give him the ball back in that situation. Staley nearly botched it by just not having Herbert take a knee.

- 7 yard passes over the middle with no timeouts. Yikes.

- OBJ not really a part of the game plan.

S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
--Browns got out coached and out ref'ed today.

--I know they want Baker to have less turnovers, but when you coach the gunslinger out of the gunslinger, you don't have any bullets when you need to bring a gun to a gunslinger fight. Maybe that's why Stefanski made that bull crap, chicken chit run call on 3rd and 10 knowing his defense couldn't stop the Chargers. What a gutless attempt at coaching.

--Baker is, well, this is why I'm so critical of Baker. If you don't have a QB who can bring you back, you could still win a lot of games, but you won't go the distance. I had no belief he would deliver a game winning drive. 1:30 is an eternity for a good QB. He wasted most of that just to get 12 yards.

--It ruined what was a nice bounce back game for him that will hopefully build some confidence moving forward. It wasn't an elite game. They didn't want to put the ball in his hands. Meanwhile, the Chargers were all about Herbert.

--Baker, throw the ball to OBJ. Please. He's open all game long. Why won't you throw the ball to OBJ?

--Gillan is awful.

--Defense reverting back to the mean. Couldn't make a play to save their lives.

--Cardinals next week. Could this Super Bowl contender start out 3-3?

If it's determined by the end of the season that Mayfield isn't the guy - if I'm the Browns GM, I'm calling Seattle and attempting to trade for Russell Wilson. Because he's going to waste up there with the current state of the Seahawks.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Having a difficult time processing this one. This is a tough loss.

Sure, the bull-crap DPI was a difference maker. But it would have been nice to see the D make a stop. Our DBs were abused this entire game.

KS was out-coached. The play-calling got really bad. Maybe bonus points for actually running on 4th and short ... the QB can't get sacked.

We put up 42. This loss can only go on the D. And the play-calling late. A three and out at that point was about the worst thing that could have happened. Of course, we immediately gave up a 30-yard play.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
They’re not even trying with OBJ. I gotta think we could probably figure out a more affordable decoy if I’m the front office.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Seattle or hot take time ...

Aaron Rodgers will be a Brown next year.

M
Legend
Legend
M

He doesn't trust Baker to make plays. I still believe he should have called those plays more aggressively, but when you watch your QB miss wide open guys all game long, it's not confidence inspiring.

The difference between the Chargers and the Browns is that no matter the situation Herbert was going to give them a chance. For the Browns, as soon as they went down and needed a game winning drive for the win, they had no chance.

Your opinion and you are welcome to it - but [1] it's complete and total conjecture. [2] I think it's BS and driven by your agenda which is either anti-Baker or trying to get folks on the board to react to your biased schtck.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Originally Posted By: redddog
They’re not even trying with OBJ. I gotta think we could probably figure out a more affordable decoy if I’m the front office.

The Browns have to figure out by the end of the year if the problem is the QB, or the WR. I know which way I'm leaning as of right now.

Last edited by Schadenfreude; 10/10/21 07:47 PM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
2 Things

1. We will get an apology letter tomorrow on the bad DPI call

2. Why was Chubb Not in the Game when we were ahead 42-41 I love Hunt but Chubb is a grinder and gets the yards needed

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Looking forward to the rinse and repeat KS presser.

“I have to do a better job of putting these guys in the right situations.”

We know that, Kev.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

He called those plays because he knows who his QB is.

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
2 Things

1. We will get an apology letter tomorrow on the bad DPI call

2. Why was Chubb Not in the Game when we were ahead 42-41 I love Hunt but Chubb is a grinder and gets the yards needed

This. Run him up the middle and he'd fall for at least 5. Run Hunt around the side for a loss. Unreal

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
S
All Pro
All Pro
S

Possible. But Rodgers is older, and tends to be more temperamental than Wilson.

1st String
1st String
Originally Posted By: WooferDawg
Not really happy with the Stefanski play calling with 3 minutes to go where the Browns wound up going 3 and out. That was the game.

We've done this too many times. It's never good. I always see us getting marched off the field 3 and out. It never fails. Better plays and execution is never ever there. Something has to be done.

T
All Pro
All Pro
T
Especially in the 4th Q where Chubb becomes virtually unstoppable.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I thought it was curious that we had Hunt in the game instead of Chubb

T
Legend
Legend
T
I don't at this time really have any thoughts on that game that weren't widely evident by watching it.
I watched the game, I did not run a marathon, or play volleyball for 3 and a half hours, but, physically I feel like it.

I may not have the ticker I did even pre 2019.

Those poor players, man, they deserve better. (And I'm not talking about from the coaches, I'm talking about from the officiating.)

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Coaching and mediocre QB play cost us just as much as the refs. Defense did it self no favors but they atleast had an excuse with everyone going down. We need better linebackers. I said before the season that everyone is putting way to much confidence that Walker is an upgrade...he is not, Goodson is a better linebacker. The middle was open all day and Woods couldn't find a way to mitigate it. On offense, Stefanski once again proves that he should give up playcalling and just be a HC. If the run game isn't working the offense looks like every browns offense since 99. I think theres something to be said about Baker not being allowed to sling it. They basically took Aaron Rodgers and turned him in to trent dilfer. If that is indeed the case then that even more so proves KS should hand off playcalling. Everything was short and YAC today and it worked well until we needed to be able to open up and get yards in the air in chunks and we couldn't..Baker is still the 4th best QB in our division in terms of playmaking ability. If they truly want to know what they have they have to turn him loose and let him play. Live with the turnovers, every QB has them and thats how they learn what their limits or the receivers limits are.

Basically we are a running team that has to have alot of things go right for us to win. Our defense is mediocre because we have alot of guys playing in a scheme that doesn't suit their strengths, but the defense has shown when healthy can get to the passer. Thats atleast and identity to build on. Coaching really needs to improve from playcalling on both sides.

Gillan has been bad since last year. Punters are dime a dozen, we shouldn't be keeping on with this guy. Its always the worst time he shanks one too.

The good, pretty much chubb, hunt and Njoku. The oline did well today considering. As long as chubb and hunt are healthy we are going to win games.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
R
Legend
Legend
R
My agenda is I'm pro-Browns. The coaching was bad today, the defense was bad today, the Browns were jobbed by the refs. It happens every week in the NFL. And we still had a chance to win; we just needed a game winning drive. The difference between the real winners and losers is the QB position despite those things.

As soon as the Browns needed a game winning drive to win the game, they were done. We don't have that kind of QB.

I wish we did because I'm pro-Browns.

It's in the best interest of everyone if Baker could be that guy. I would love if Baker could be that guy. Nothing would make me happier. In year 4, I haven't seen it. It's year 4. How much longer do we have to wait before making the call he's not clutch.

He's the quarterback. I am going to root my butt off for him and the team. I just don't have any confidence that the Browns can win it all with him. I would love to be proven wrong. But just show me.

1 member likes this: atgolds
Legend
Legend
1) Officiating.
2) Stefanski horrible play calls at end of game.
3) Stefanski's inability to get his best WR involved in the game
4) Officiating.

Beyond frustrated with the playcalling. You have the best RB tandem in the league, and pass on 2nd and 10?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Schadenfreude

Possible. But Rodgers is older, and tends to be more temperamental than Wilson.

everyone says that about AR but the reality is, he only gets that way because GB keeps refusing to get him skill position players. He'd kill it here.. I rather have AR than Wilson tbh, I'm sick of shorter Qb's. Though both are tremendous deep ball throwers which baker is probably the worst, you couldn't keep secondary up to support run like they do with us now.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 42 Chargers 47 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard