Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Legend
Legend
Man, so I need to tell psychiatrist to swap up the meds

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
You'll recommend everything but the actual vaccine won't you?

Kinda but not really. I think the vaxxed are better off if one gets really sick and has to go to the hospital, it reduces your chances of dying. Fair enough? But with the not-so-new Delta variant both the vaxxed and unvaxxed can catch it.

I haven't got vaccinated as of yet but may after this winter. Like a lot of people, I'm scared of the side effects which the MSM doesn't speak about too often.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
That's mostly because the side effects are rare.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
J
Legend
Legend
J
If you look at the actual facts, instead of pulling up every anti-vax link you can find, reality will tell you to be far more scared of getting covid, as an unvaccinated person, than you should ever be of getting the vaccine itself. I know at this point, given all your posts, that you can’t be reasoned with regarding the vaccine, but hopefully others can.

1 member likes this: GMdawg
P
Legend
Legend
P
CDC finds unvaccinated 11 times more likely to die of COVID

https://apnews.com/article/science-...vention-31ddcca6119e018bd826d2a05df7f68b

Fully vaccinated people 4 times less likely to contract COVID-19, 14 times less likely to be hospitalized, experts say

https://www.wfla.com/community/heal...14-times-less-likely-to-be-hospitalized/

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
I call you Expert and raise you a Face Book post and a Conspiracy Theory.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
Legend
Legend
M
RIP Colin Powell.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by mgh888
RIP Colin Powell.

Wow. Remember when he was treated like a hero on the right? He died fully vaccinated. The ridiculous far right has killed many with their partisan pandemic shenanigans, and more than likely killed Powell with the same ignorance they display daily.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Originally Posted by mgh888
RIP Colin Powell.

Wow. Remember when he was treated like a hero on the right? He died fully vaccinated. The ridiculous far right has killed many with their partisan pandemic shenanigans, and more than likely killed Powell with the same ignorance they display daily.

[Linked Image from media0.giphy.com]

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Was a republican when Powell was in his positions of power. In retrospect, I don't like his involvement with the WMD lie, but I have always liked and respected him for his service. IMO, seeing him taken out by covid seems like he was cheated out of a warrior's death, although he was a bit too old for one of those.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 10/18/21 09:30 AM.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Thats sad.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
He died fully vaccinated, but the far right killed him with their rhetoric?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by oobernoober

Rhetoric? Did I say rhetoric? Their dumbassery is killing people, not their illiteracy! Powell was immunocompromised from battling cancers (plural). He still did the responsible thing and got fully vaccinated. Yet, the 'mah rights' crowd has kept the pandemic roaring, which has led to tens of thousands of senseless losses. And this stupidity on the right, making the pandemic political (trump), is the root cause for most of the deaths and our crap-tastic handling of the whole pandemic. Sorry if the truth hurts oober, but it's easy to see.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by Swish
jc

still waiting on my magneto powers that were supposed to be given to me when i got fully vaccinated.

the fact that i am not magnetized yet and able to bend metal at my will is very disappointing, and pfizer will be hearing from my lawyers shortly. i watched the truly credible doctor in ohio testify that i was gonna be able to stick my keys to my chest and it would stay there.

pfizer, you're false advertising had led to pain and suffering since my ability to rob banks just by sitting outside havent happened. i even got a 5G phone and stood next to a 5G tower in hopes of amplifying my powers.

very disappointing.

I got the Pfizer vaccine too, but you have to do the whole stand-by-the-microwave squirrel juggling thing that jfan and I were talking about in order to get the magnetic powers.

Geez, Swish, it's like you don't even read the threads around here.

Last edited by dawglover05; 10/18/21 11:12 AM.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Got the booster last week. No magnetism, just sore. Got the flu shot the same day and hope that's why I was sore, otherwise I had my worst of the 3 covid shots reaction. But with the Powell news, I still feel like I need more protection. Should go to waterbeds-n-stuff and buy one of those full body condoms or build a plexiglass box to walk around in...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Rhetoric? Did I say rhetoric? Their dumbassery is killing people, not their illiteracy! Powell was immunocompromised from battling cancers (plural). He still did the responsible thing and got fully vaccinated. Yet, the 'mah rights' crowd has kept the pandemic roaring, which has led to tens of thousands of senseless losses. And this stupidity on the right, making the pandemic political (trump), is the root cause for most of the deaths and our crap-tastic handling of the whole pandemic. Sorry if the truth hurts oober, but it's easy to see.

Questions that might be worth asking:

If the right were causing so many issues, why are the covid rates dropping pretty much everywhere while we are packing stadiums, schools, concerts, and amusement parks with people?

Why are "breakthrough" cases and hospital visits now somewhere between 18-21% of all cases and increasing rapidly?

Why do people who recovered from covid still only have around a 1-3% reoccurrence rate?

*Knowing this* Why are the politicians and news stations pushing for everyone who had covid to get the vaccine?

Why can you spread covid if you have the vaccine?

Can a vaccine really be a vaccine with a failure rate of 60% after a few months?

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
Flu vaccines are typically between 40% and 60% effective from year to year Yet in all the years on this board I never once heard you complain about the flu vaccine.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Got the booster last week. No magnetism, just sore. Got the flu shot the same day and hope that's why I was sore, otherwise I had my worst of the 3 covid shots reaction. But with the Powell news, I still feel like I need more protection. Should go to waterbeds-n-stuff and buy one of those full body condoms or build a plexiglass box to walk around in...

LOL...a full body condom for you seems appropriate.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Washington State coach Nick Rolovich, four assistants fired for cause over COVID-19 vaccine mandate

The second-year Washington State coach sought a religious exemption to a state and university policy

Washington State football coach Nick Rolovich has been fired for cause after refusing to take the COVID-19 vaccine and being noncompliant with both state and university policies, the university announced Monday evening. Rolovich sought, and appears to have been denied, a religious exemption from those mandates, which required employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 by Oct. 18 if they wished to continue working.

Four Washington State assistant coaches have also been terminated: Ricky Logo (defensive tackles), John Richardson (assistant head coach, cornerbacks), Craig Stutzmann (co-offensive coordinator, quarterbacks) and Mark Weber (offensive line).

Defensive coordinator Jake Dickert will serve as the team's interim coach.

"This is a disheartening day for our football program. Our priority has been and will continue to be the health and well-being of the young men on our team," said athletic director Pat Chun in a statement. "The leadership on our football team is filled with young men of character, selflessness and resiliency and we are confident these same attributes will help guide this program as we move forward."

Rolovich, who earned $3 million a year at Wazzu, expressed uncertainty over his long-term status after his team's 34-31 victory over Stanford on Saturday, saying he was "waiting on an email" for his exemption request.

"I don't think this is in my hands," Rolovich said. "I've been settled for a long time on it, and I believe it's going to work out the right way."

The saga over Rolovich's vaccination status first took public stage in July when the second-year coach announced he would participate remotely in the Pac-12's football media day. The league required in-person participants to be vaccinated.

"I have elected not to receive a COVID-19 vaccine for reasons which will remain private," Rolovich said in a statement at the time.

Rolovich later said he was not "against" vaccinations, adding that he respected and supported "all the work being done by the state of Washington, who as a state has one of the highest percentages of vaccinations in the country." In August, he stated that he planned on following the mandate instituted by Washington Gov. Jay Inslee.

Even if he were to have received an exemption to the state mandate, Rolovich still faced hurdles at Washington State, which enacted a vaccination requirement for employees before a similar policy for all state employees went into effect.

"It certainly skews the perception of our message," Washington State University president Kirk Schulz told the New York Times. "At most universities, people pay attention to what the university president, the football coach, the basketball coach and the athletic director have to say -- that's just the reality. People look at them for leadership because they're highly visible and highly compensated. It doesn't help when you have people who are contrary to the direction we're going."

Despite the saga, Rolovich managed guide the Cougars to three straight victories after they started 1-3 to put Wazzu on firm footing at 4-3 (3-2 Pac-12) entering its Week 8 game at BYU.

He also appeared to have the backing of his team. Starting quarterback Jayden de Laura voiced support for the embattled coach on behalf of Washington State players following the Cougars' victory over Oregon State on Oct. 9. "Players, we have no issue with Coach Rolo," de Laura said. "We have no issue with any of our coaches. We respect their decisions. I feel like it's just the guys covering us, they're trying to dig a hole on our Cougar football team."

Rolovich arrived at Washington State after four seasons at Hawaii, where he posted a 28-27 record. His tenure there was highlighted by a 10-5 season in 2019, his last before taking the Washington State job. The former Hawaii quarterback was the offensive coordinator at Nevada from 2012-15 following stints as an assistant at Hawaii and City College of San Francisco.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...for-cause-over-covid-19-vaccine-mandate/

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
WTF is so wrong with people that they would rather be fired than take a shot. The dumbass probably always gets a flu shot once a year.

1 member likes this: jfanent
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by GMdawg
Flu vaccines are typically between 40% and 60% effective from year to year Yet in all the years on this board I never once heard you complain about the flu vaccine.

Personally, I don't get the flu vaccine anymore. I have gotten it in the past and I have gotten so sick from it that I had to go to the hospital.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

If the right were causing so many issues, why are the covid rates dropping pretty much everywhere while we are packing stadiums, schools, concerts, and amusement parks with people?

Why are "breakthrough" cases and hospital visits now somewhere between 18-21% of all cases and increasing rapidly?

Why do people who recovered from covid still only have around a 1-3% reoccurrence rate?

*Knowing this* Why are the politicians and news stations pushing for everyone who had covid to get the vaccine?

Can a vaccine really be a vaccine with a failure rate of 60% after a few months?

woah woah woah. You're not allowed to question the science. What the CDC says is gospel.

I was thinking about breakthrough cases vs reoccurrence cases. I went and found some numbers. In Colorado, there were 2600 cases of reinfection between January - August of this year. There were 2,000 breakthrough cases July 1- 24 and breakthrough cases have increased since then, currently at about 100 per 100k. Now we keep being told that the antibodies from having covid is not enough, you still need the vaccine. The numbers of breakthrough cases vs reinfection tell a different story. In Europe, having recovered from covid is good enough to get a covid passport. In America, recovering from covid means nothing. IMO, it's these type of things that don't make sense and are not addressed by the "experts" thats creating doubt and unwillingness to get the vaccine.

It's become the cool thing to do to blame all our problems on the unvaccinated. Seeing as vaccinated still catch and spread covid, the recent surge was not all on the unvaccinated. Even Isreal, the most vaccinated country in the world experienced a covid surge. People like to think if everyone gets vaccinated covid would disappear. Thats far from the truth. Covid is here to stay.

Last edited by Squires; 10/19/21 07:26 PM.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
2 members like this: 3rd_and_20, FATE
Legend
Legend
j/c:

White House unveils plan to "quickly" vaccinate kids ages 5-11

https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-house-unveils-plan-quickly-125010432.html

P
Legend
Legend
P
Once it's approved, the quicker the better.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Squires

woah woah woah. You're not allowed to question the science. What the CDC says is gospel.

I was thinking about breakthrough cases vs reoccurrence cases. I went and found some numbers. In Colorado, there were 2600 cases of reinfection between January - August of this year. There were 2,000 breakthrough cases July 1- 24 and breakthrough cases have increased since then, currently at about 100 per 100k. Now we keep being told that the antibodies from having covid is not enough, you still need the vaccine. The numbers of breakthrough cases vs reinfection tell a different story. In Europe, having recovered from covid is good enough to get a covid passport. In America, recovering from covid means nothing. IMO, it's these type of things that don't make sense and are not addressed by the "experts" thats creating doubt and unwillingness to get the vaccine.

It's become the cool thing to do to blame all our problems on the unvaccinated. Seeing as vaccinated still catch and spread covid, the recent surge was not all on the unvaccinated. Even Isreal, the most vaccinated country in the world experienced a covid surge. People like to think if everyone gets vaccinated covid would disappear. Thats far from the truth. Covid is here to stay.

yep

M
Legend
Legend
M

Last edited by MemphisBrownie; 10/21/21 10:28 AM.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Miami private school says students who get COVID vaccine must stay home for 30 days

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/education/article255101612.html

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
j/c:

Sweden Suspends Moderna Shot Indefinitely After Vaxxed Patients Develop Crippling Heart Condition

New concerns are being raised about side effects from the Moderna vaccine against the coronavirus.

Swedish health officials have now decided that a moratorium on giving the Moderna vaccine to anyone under 31 will be extended indefinitely, the U.K. Daily Mail reported. The pause on the Moderna shots had been scheduled to end on Dec. 1.

Finland, Iceland and Denmark have taken similar steps. Norway is encouraging men under 30 not to get the Moderna shot, but is not mandating it.

Read more:

https://www.westernjournal.com/swed...ients-develop-crippling-heart-condition/

P
Legend
Legend
P
When you get away from a right wing news source the impact doesn't sound quite as ominous.........

Sweden suspends Moderna vaccine for those 30 and under

The reason for the pausing is “signals of an increased risk of side effects such as inflammation of the heart muscle or the pericardium” — the double-walled sac containing the heart and the roots of the main vessels, Sweden’s Public Health Agency said in a statement. “The risk of being affected is very small.”

The Swedish health authorities said that the heart symptoms “usually go away on their own,” but they must be assessed by a doctor. The conditions are most common among young men, in connection with, for example, viral infections such as COVID-19. In 2019, approximately 300 people under the age of 30 were treated in hospital with myocarditis.

In Denmark, people under the age of 18 won't be offered the Moderna vaccine out of precaution, the Danish Health Authority said Wednesday. It said that data, collected from four Nordic countries, show that there is a suspicion of an increased risk of heart inflammation when vaccinated with Moderna shots, although the number of cases of heart inflammation remains very low.

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/sweden-suspends-moderna-vaccine-young-people-80432245

Entire article at link.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Legend
Legend
j/c:

'Let Kyrie play!' Swarm of anti-vaxxers charge through security at Brooklyn Nets' home opener in protest at guard Irving being benched over refusal to get vaccine

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-Brooklyn-Nets-home-opener.html#comments

-------------------------------------------------------------

WATCH: Black Lives Matter and Anti-Mandate Protesters Join to Rally for Kyrie Irving

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...date-protesters-join-rally-kyrie-irving/

P
Legend
Legend
P
And then they wonder why some anti vaxxers are labeled as criminals. It's because some of them are.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
And then they wonder why some anti vaxxers are labeled as criminals. It's because some of them are.

and we are taking orders to vaccinate from a guy murdering dogs for entertainment and #science

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Hmmmmm.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
and we are taking orders to vaccinate from a guy murdering dogs for entertainment and #science

Can you tell me how these two things are related in any way? So on one hand you claim that vaccines are nothing more than experimental and we are nothing more than lab anmimals. Then you claim using lab animals instead of humans is wrong too. Mmmm hmmm...

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Birx: Trump White House could have reduced COVID deaths by 30 to 40%

Deborah Birx, the White House COVID-19 response coordinator under former President Trump, told a House subcommittee this month that the Trump administration could have prevented tens of thousands of deaths during the early stages of the pandemic.

Driving the news: "I believe if we had fully implemented the mask mandates, the reduction in indoor dining ... and we had increased testing, that we probably could have decreased fatalities into the 30% less to 40% less range," Birx said in closed-door testimony to the Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis, according to excerpts provided by the panel.

- Birx, during the testimony on Oct. 12 and 13, also said that the 2020 election "took people’s time away from and distracted them away from the pandemic, in my personal opinion."

What she's saying: Birx also criticized Scott Atlas, who was a member of Trump's COVID-19 task force, for encouraging people who were likely to have a mild or asymptomatic case to contract the virus.

- "I was constantly raising the alert in the doctors’ meetings of the depth of my concern about Dr. Atlas’ position, Dr. Atlas’ access, Dr. Atlas’ theories and hypothesis, and the depths and breadths of my concern," Birx said.

- In terms of mitigation efforts, Birx alleges that she "was very clear to the President in specifics of what I needed him to do," according to excerpts of the transcript.

Between the lines: The testimony conflicts with reporting about Birx's actions during the early stages of the pandemic, when she said to other White House officials that the pandemic was receding throughout April and May, according to the New York Times.

https://www.axios.com/birx-trump-co...=editorial&utm_content=politics-birx

So, based on 700K deaths, Brix is saying between 210,000 and 280,000 people could have been saved if Trump had acted.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 10/26/21 05:33 PM.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Birx: Trump White House could have reduced COVID deaths by 30 to 40%

Deborah Birx, the White House COVID-19 response coordinator under former President Trump, told a House subcommittee this month that the Trump administration could have prevented tens of thousands of deaths during the early stages of the pandemic.

Driving the news: "I believe if we had fully implemented the mask mandates, the reduction in indoor dining ... and we had increased testing, that we probably could have decreased fatalities into the 30% less to 40% less range," Birx said in closed-door testimony to the Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis, according to excerpts provided by the panel.

- Birx, during the testimony on Oct. 12 and 13, also said that the 2020 election "took people’s time away from and distracted them away from the pandemic, in my personal opinion."

What she's saying: Birx also criticized Scott Atlas, who was a member of Trump's COVID-19 task force, for encouraging people who were likely to have a mild or asymptomatic case to contract the virus.

- "I was constantly raising the alert in the doctors’ meetings of the depth of my concern about Dr. Atlas’ position, Dr. Atlas’ access, Dr. Atlas’ theories and hypothesis, and the depths and breadths of my concern," Birx said.

- In terms of mitigation efforts, Birx alleges that she "was very clear to the President in specifics of what I needed him to do," according to excerpts of the transcript.

Between the lines: The testimony conflicts with reporting about Birx's actions during the early stages of the pandemic, when she said to other White House officials that the pandemic was receding throughout April and May, according to the New York Times.

https://www.axios.com/birx-trump-co...=editorial&utm_content=politics-birx

So, based on 700K deaths, Brix is saying between 210,000 and 280,000 people could have been saved if Trump had acted.

this is the epitome of gaslighting and giving opinions without any measurable data except that we had an election.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
We actually agree about the opinions... But I wonder if there is measurable data? Couldn't the countries that handled the pandemic as we would have under regular leadership serve as a base for measuring the Trump effect? Just asking for your most objective feedback. wink

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 10/26/21 08:18 PM.

Legend
Legend
We actually agree about the opinions... But I wonder if there is measurable data? Couldn't the countries that handled the pandemic as we would have under regular leadership serve as a base for measuring the Trump effect? Just asking for your most objective feedback. wink
I guess that could serve as a starting point. Then, somebody who is much smarter about statistics than I am, would have to adjust for the amount of international travel the country sees, the # of densely populated urban areas, the typical lifestyle of the population, the overall health and age of the population...

Certainly a lot of countries did remarkably better than we did in deaths per 1MM people so I feel quite certain we could have/should have done better... but I have no idea if 30-40% is realistic or not.

yebat' Putin
M
Legend
Legend
M
There are so many variables and unknowns and so much extrapolation - that no matter how fair or neutral the analysis - people will have differing and opposing views on the accuracy/validity of any conclusion.

Even if the Trump effect was as small as 5% - that's over 36,000 Americans dead that didn't need to be. . . and yet you have people who want to believe that the 'Trump Effect' regards covid response is zero. You have people who still claim covid mortality is grossly over counted - despite statistics and excess death numbers proving Covid deaths are probably under counted worldwide.

Probably someone should and needs to go through this exercise - and in a wholly non-political way. Simply because you can learn from mistakes when you study and review them. But, the results of any study will never be accepted.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Covid... still... p7

Link Copied to Clipboard