OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c...

C
Legend
Legend
C
Letting JOK know that he’s on a pitch count seems like the right thing to do.

Legend
Legend
Yeah lol that’s so strange

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
I wonder how is book is doing

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
Legend
Legend
C
So the way this is going we should be rooting against the Vikings and Broncos for the rest of the season with hopes that we can get Fangio or Zimmer as our defensive coordinator next year?

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Have Bum's son come in and right the ship grooming someone else along the way, but yes, I'd take Zimmer if he gets 86'd.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Have Bum's son come in and right the ship grooming someone else along the way, but yes, I'd take Zimmer if he gets 86'd.

Wade Phillips is 74 and this is his second year out of the league. My guess is that he’s done coaching.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Does Fangio run a 3-4?

I would take Zimmer in a heartbeat. The Bengals were willing to run through walls for him. That defense was never really right after he left, IIRC.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
2 members like this: oobernoober, Jester
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by dawglover05
Does Fangio run a 3-4?

I would take Zimmer in a heartbeat. The Bengals were willing to run through walls for him. That defense was never really right after he left, IIRC.

Fangio runs the same defense as Woods!

Basically the whole league started copying Brandon Staley’s Rams’ defense this season. Staley’s defense is Fangio’s defense.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by cfrs15

Wade Phillips is 74 and this is his second year out of the league. My guess is that he’s done coaching.

He wanted to come out of retirement last year. He's been coaching in Europe this past year developing American football over there.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/15/wade-phillips-im-ready-to-retire-from-retirement/

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Oh, interesting. In my head, I had it down as a 3-4 because I remember seeing 3 down linemen with Chubb and Miller both standing up OLB style. I remember thinking the same about Mack when he was back in Chicago, but that was only faint recollection.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by cfrs15

He wanted to come out of retirement last year. He's been coaching in Europe this past year developing American football over there.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/15/wade-phillips-im-ready-to-retire-from-retirement/

He’s definitely been great everywhere he’s been. His contract didn’t renewed with the Rams because they got smoked several times in 2019. Anytime a coach is that old and been out of the league I worry about their ability to stay up to date with their scheme and trends in the league.

It’s hilarious to think of Wade Phillips coaching a bunch of Euros.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Vere do vee line up ahn zis play?

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: MemphisBrownie
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c...

Legend
Legend
I'll take "7 players I've never heard of" for 100 Alex.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
3 members like this: FATE, mgh888, archbolddawg
Legend
Legend
If we're getting thin at positions and THOSE are the names we're bringing in to look at, then we're not looking for anything but filling out roster spots and things are gonna be getting mailed in.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Luq Barcoo. Has a ring to it.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So was that guy Blake Hance last year, that turned out ok.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
Maybe names like Nate Meadors (S), Herb Miller (CB) & Jovante Moffatt (S) aren't inspiring much hope of upside on the current practice squad? May as well take a look at a few new faces.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
T
Legend
Legend
T
If the playoffs were seeded today. Aka. Standings. It's tricky, because well between a Thurday and a Sunday after some teams have had the bye, there is actually the rare case of team A has played 11 games, team B has played only 9.
So tricky, I had it wrong even after fixing mistakes by the playoff checking website I visit, but now I think it's right. AFC, who cares about the NFC.
Both 6-3 teams are ahead of the 7-4 Patriots, as the winning percentage of 6-3 teams = 66.+ percent, and the wining percentage of a 7-4 team is 58.3+ percent.

1. The titans would get the bye 8-2
2. The Bills, 6-3, would be the 2 seed on their 5-3 afc record being better than balts' 4-3 afc record.
3 The Ravens 6-3,
4. The Chiefs 6-4 (2-4 in the afc, and 1-1 in their division.)

5. first wildcard = 7-4 patriots, 2nd in their division behind the bills in win %
6. next wildcard= the steelers at 5-3-1 on the strength of 1/2 win from that tie.
7. next wildcard last playoff spot.
currently there are 3 teams with 5-4 records and anytime there are 3 or more teams in consideration, (first eliminate all but the higest ranked remaining teams in each teams own division. ... The bengals are in 3rd place in the north at 5-4 so not them,
the Raiders are 5-4 but 3-2 in the afc, 1-2 in the div, afc west, <which matters because they are in contention with the 5-4 Chargers in the same div. afc west who are 3-2 in afc, but 2-0 in the div. and won head-head vs the raiders.
So the LA Chargers would be the 7 seed, and final playoff spot today.
8.seed. 5-
Now that the tie break is back to between 2 clubs instead of 3, the rule of kicking the Bengals out for 3rd place in their div. no longer applies, so it's head to head Bengals 5-4 and Raiders 5-4 head to head, not applicable until they play this week,
conference record, 3-2 and 3-2.
common games minimum 4, not applicable but they are both 2-1 at the moment in common games.
Next is Strenth of victory, which is the Win-Loss record of teams they have beaten. The bengals opponents they have beaten have a record of 6-20-1 (all 9 games) and the Raiders records of teams the Raiders have beaten is 12-18 (all 10 games.) that's after removing the common victories, conclusion, Raiders beat better teams and get the 8 spot, a non playoff spot for now.
8 seed= Raiders 5-4
9 seed= Bengals 5-4
10 seed, (the Browns are removed because 3 teams from separate divs. are 5-5 but even if the broncos, on a bye week didn't exist the colts are 4-3 vs the afc, but in this 3 way tie get the spot for being in 2nd place in their div. not 4th like the broncos and browns.
10 seed, Colts 5-5, (4-3)(2-2)
11. seed, Browns, Head to head win over the broncos trumps even conf. record. 5-5 (3-4)(1-1) Beat Broncos
12. seed Broncos, 5-5 overall, (2-4 in the afc,) and (0-1 in their own division)
13. the 3-7 dolphins
14. the 2-7 Jaguars, and 2-7 jets came down to common opponens and, the jags are 2-5 with 5 remaining in common opponents, and the Jets are 2-6 with 4 remaining, so the Jaguars get spot 14.
15, the Jets at 2-7
16. The Texans are 1-8 Then there is the NFC...

So today if the playoffs were today it would be the Titans with the Bye
Chargers at the Bills
Steelers at the Ravens and
the Patriots at the Chiefs. (Those aren't the best teams)

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c...

B
Legend
Legend
B
j/c...

Sounds like Hunt is ready to return next week.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I hope so

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
If we're getting thin at positions and THOSE are the names we're bringing in to look at, then we're not looking for anything but filling out roster spots and things are gonna be getting mailed in.

Well we're 1 loss away from our playoff chances being realistically (not mathematically) gone - which likely happens next weekend after Baltimore. At that point I think you see Baker sat down and the remainder of the season "getting mailed in" after the bye. We're just preparing for the inevitable.

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by GraffZ06
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater

Well we're 1 loss away from our playoff chances being realistically (not mathematically) gone - which likely happens next weekend after Baltimore. At that point I think you see Baker sat down and the remainder of the season "getting mailed in" after the bye. We're just preparing for the inevitable.

I totally disagree. Baker! should be out, because he's injured, and while injured isn't as good of an option to get you a win as Case.

They should NEVER give up on playing starters because they think they are out of the picture, this year, without at LEAST 8 losses in the loss column, and today they only have 5. So that's 3 more bad days before one should even Discuss, sitting starters.
------------

Continuity, Means not cutting Odell Beckham Jr. at least until the season ends. ... (too late for that one)

The Defensive Coordinator, does not need replaced, he needs to be Sat Down, and Demanded he figure out a way, to put more than 4 players on the line of scrimmage,
stop the Bull ! ! that 4 players need to get pressure, because,
IT PROVED WRONG, SO, evolve, make a decision, make an adjustment, FIGURE OUT, how you are going to get pressure by bringing more than 4 people on the line of scrimmage,

STOP MAKING PREVENT YOUR BASE DEFENSE THAT'S CLUELESS GARBAGE, it obviously AINT" WORKING, And your ARe not pressuring any of the opponents QB's either anyway.
AND YOU HAVE A FREAKING
ALL STAR LIST OF TALENT
ON YOUR FREAKING DEFENSIVE FRONT 4 ANYWAY, (So it's Coaching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

But Continuity means, not throwing in the towel on the defensive coordinator either. Yet Demanding that defensive coach, FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO SOMETHING DIFERENT, and NOT, just 3 snaps a game.
-------------------

The National Media, (SPIT !) successfully talked OBJ off the Browns, successfully beat down the Browns front office psychologically until the Browns caved by not keeping OBJ until the end of the season.
AND YA HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN BENCHED! BECAUSE of his play. But not Waived, Waiving him only gives the new yorkers blood in the water like sharks in a feeding frenzy

They will come after pressuring you to part from Mayfield now.
You can't win if you listen to the ynew nyorkers tell you what to do as a Browns Organization.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Has there been any word on JOK's injury yesterday? Guy just can't seem to stay healthy.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

M
Legend
Legend
M

Well Stefanski seems content to throw out a one armed, one legged QB - so why wouldn't he be confident in sending out other less injured players?

Maybe the purple is only half required?

The more things change the more they stay the same.
1 member likes this: Tackman
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The guy is losing a whole lot of good will he built up last season .. lol

M
Legend
Legend
M
I don't think he should lose a lot of good will but asking hard questions when things under his control are going sideways is fair. We have been plagued by injury. Other than the play calling which seems to splutter and get too pass happy or too cute when we are struggling, I have no real complaints about KS. keeping a hurt Baker out there when it's clearly impacting performance is another issue. But KS has the keys to the kingdom for at least another couple years in my book.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
T
Legend
Legend
T
It's a Big Deal to win 6 games in the NFL. (Ask the Chiefs, they lost 4 AFC games in a row.) The Browns are 6-5

Today the Browns are in a position, where, without any help from other teams, they can still win all of their games and would be 12-5 and in front in their division by a half a game. And if a division winner would be guaranteed to host a playoff game.

Quick Question. If the Browns only win One of the Games against the Ravens, Which game is more important, the First game, or the later game after the Bye week???

Obviously, the First Game, is the more "significant" and prestige giving game of the two. For these reasons.

1. Winning the First game against Baltimore, means you beat them in their house, Your Franchise has the only opportunity to sweep the series, and They will have to play in front of your crowd in the 2nd game.

2. Winning the first game means you beat a team the week before your bye week, which shows progress, because many teams play not as well the week before their bye week because they may be looking ahead to the chance at rest.

3. The NFL only gives 6' AFC Road games on the schedule, which every year are important in getting playoff berths, and at this point,
The Browns only have 2 AFC Road games remaining on their schedule, at Baltimore, and at Pittsburgh.

4. Beating Baltimore in Baltimore establishes more dominance!!!! In conquering their stadium as the Browns' House!

And it keeps alive the self determination of winning the division, and it's the next game.
5. And it's a division game, and it's Baltimore, so it's always significant!

If they only win ONE game against the Ravens, they need to make sure it is THIS WEEK, the First one, the Fist game is the more significant matchup!

Remember, it is the only one that allows them the opportunity, to win Both!

Last edited by THROW LONG; 11/22/21 09:30 PM. Reason: spelling

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
1 member likes this: DeisleDawg
Legend
Legend
I agree with your sentiment and I would stress one thing and add another thing.

Winning the first game allows you to relax and play more loose in the second game, if you don't allow that relaxation to turn into complacency, you should play better in the second game. It would put all of the pressure on the Ravens to not get swept and risk losing their lead in the division (depending on what they do with the Steelers)

The first game is on Sunday night, national television, all of the NFL fans and talking heads watching... and most of the press on the Browns has been negative, from the OBJ story, to what's wrong with Baker, to why are we underachieving, it has been all about the "experts" picking sides on who is to blame and it has to be having an impact inside the facility.... so to go out and make a statement win against the division leader on national TV, would be HUGE in getting them off the Browns back at least for a little while.. and Baker doesn't have to play great but if he just has a decent, no turn over game, and plays the type of efficient football we need him to play to beat a good team like the Ravens, the impact all of that could have on putting this team on the right track down the stretch is immeasurable.

Last edited by DCDAWGFAN; 11/23/21 01:40 PM.

yebat' Putin
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c...

Legend
Legend
Sweet, that works well for my travel plans and the wife will get to go to another game. thumbsup

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c...

We will probably be 6-7 and hopelessly in last place in the AFC North.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Well, at least I'll be able to watch it at my home, rather than at a Christmas with some 20-25 other people.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Extra day to prepare for the Christmas day game.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Well, at least I'll be able to watch it at my home, rather than at a Christmas with some 20-25 other people.

Stop the presses! We agree.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
T
Legend
Legend
T
The Raiders vs. Browns game will be on Saturday December 18th at 4:30 pm and broadcast on NFL network.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...r-week-13-snf-flex-announced/8739832002/

During the Browns bye week, week 13, The 49ers' vs Seahawks game got moved out of, and the Broncos at Chiefs game got moved into Sunday night football.
(Let's hope Al micheals can brush up on his rosters, I'm sure he'll have to change all his notes. frown)

And, back to the week of the Browns vs Raiders on Saturday, their will be a double header, with the Patriots at the Colts following the Browns hosting the Raiders game on Saturday evening.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns News & Notes (Continued)

Link Copied to Clipboard