Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by DCDAWGFAN
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Feeling broke? Blame Trump. Want things to get back to normal? Trust Biden and company. Progressives will build back better if ignorance just takes a break long enough to let it happen. The lot of you need to just chill...

BIDEN GOT THIS! thumbsup

Special thanks to 40 for that special saying.
I don't trust Biden to know what day it is, let alone figure out how to be part of the solution to a complex global problem.

I've been saying for decades that if you listen to every democratic campaign, they have 1 solution to every problem. Throw more money at it.

Wanna fix climate change? We need to spend more money on it.
Wanna fix poverty? We need to give more money away.
Wanna fix education? We need to double the money we spend on it.
Wanna fix higher education? We need to pay off everybodys debt and make it free
Wanna fix healthcare? We need the government to pay for everything.
Wanna fix the infrastructure? We need to spend trillions of dollars.

Well, here we are with really dangerous levels of inflation.... know what you can't do to fix inflation? Print and throw money at it, because that's like pouring fuel on a fire...

So the D's might have to get a little creative and break from the script if they want to have any chance of easing this problem.

What is a dangerous level of inflation? I would like a precise definition on that one. And you all can blame Biden or dems or whatever you want, but the simple truth is that 40 years of wealth transfer to the top put you here. The status quo is no longer working for anyone but the donor class. Or do y'all think our kids living with us into their 30s is normal? Do you think incurring 10s of thousands of dollars in private higher education debt to get a decent paying job is normal or a good thing? Does a majority of minorities and about 30% of whites feeling left behind financially not bother you? Why would anybody want that to continue?

I think what's happening from the comments from the right in here today is that we are seeing a coordinated attack on any spending as somehow bad. The last few days I've seen several new commercials of supposed normal people saying how bad certain things would be... some woman claiming negotiating drug prices will hurt America... How exactly? Because paying less hurts some corps with big deep ass pockets, so they are campaigning against it with lies out the ass? Somebody is being fooled again and it's not dems.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 11/12/21 03:06 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
A
Legend
Legend
A
What is an 'acceptable' level of inflation?

Why has spending trillions over the years to help the poor, not helped them? In fact, we possible have more.

What are 'good paying jobs', exactly? And, I know plumbers, road construction, ANY construction really, masons (no where near enough of them), electricians, dry wall people - ALL make very good money. Plus, many of those are 'on the job training' types, where you get paid while you're learning, and after a year of 2 of that, you get paid even more.

No one needs to incur 10's of thousands of dollars in debt to go to college, unless they choose to, or unless they're going into a specialized field, i.e. health care, for example.

Legend
Legend
What is a dangerous level of inflation? I would like a precise definition on that one.
I'm sure you would. We are running at 2-3x that of some other G20 nations... you can define dangerous however you want. All I know is that this pay cut will be an inconvenience for me, I can still afford my heat, I can still afford my food.. it's not me that is going to get crushed by this inflation, it's those you seek to protect who are going to suffer from it the most.

Or do y'all think our kids living with us into their 30s is normal?
My son just turned 25, lives on his own, paid for a fair portion of my trip to Cleveland last week as a gift. Never stepped foot on a college campus, started as a bus boy at 18, now a kitchen manager, makes decent money, works his butt off. Received almost no financial help from me. If your kids are living with you into their 30s, it's not societies fault, it's yours. Either they don't have the work ethic to grow in their position to one that allows them to be self-sustaining, they make very poor decisions on how to manage their money, or they (you) got into a lot of debt paying way too much for a college degree that doesn't have the corresponding market value to support it.

some woman claiming negotiating drug prices will hurt America... How exactly? Because paying less hurts some corps with big deep ass pockets, so they are campaigning against it with lies out the ass? Somebody is being fooled again and it's not dems.
this is where politics beat out common sense. In 2016 Trump promised to start by letting medicare negotiate drug prices, congress did nothing. A couple years later when the dems improved their numbers in congress they actually passed a bill to do that.. and the republicans in the senate refused to do anything about it and Trump said he might veto it anyway... really bad situation. had a good chance to at least get the ball rolling in the right direction and because "politics" it never happened and the republicans are solely to blame for that. Which, I never understood why. It was a very popular position among the citizens, even a lot of republicans were in favor of it and Trump could have ultimately taken the credit for signing it... I don't remember all of the details of how it got derailed, but it should have moved through the Senate and been passed.

yebat' Putin
1 member likes this: Ballpeen
B
Legend
Legend
B
Most pay raises have pretty much been wiped out, and what hasn't soon will.

These people just don't get it...just print more money!

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
It’s hard to weigh in on this conversation because I can’t tell in some cases (some I can) who actually wants to have a discussion from those who just want the current administration to fail no matter what and those who want the current administration to succeed no matter what.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
If this administration fails, we all fail, America fails.

So far it ain't looking good.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by 40YEARSWAITING

Emotional Hyperbole much?

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
EDIT: I forgot to mention that that flood of US dollars into the US economy will primarily go to programs for working people and poor people to help make tens of millions of lives just a little better. New jobs, I know, "Who is going to take them", but at 30-45 dollars an hour, I doubt that will be an issue.

You know who inflation hurts the worst? Those of us on fixed income, yet I don't see either side worrying about that.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
1 member likes this: Ballpeen
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by GMdawg
EDIT: I forgot to mention that that flood of US dollars into the US economy will primarily go to programs for working people and poor people to help make tens of millions of lives just a little better. New jobs, I know, "Who is going to take them", but at 30-45 dollars an hour, I doubt that will be an issue.

You know who inflation hurts the worst? Those of us on fixed income, yet I don't see either side worrying about that.

I agree. In theory we are getting a COLA...too bad it is already eaten up by inflation. Enjoy your extra $90 a month. LOL Heating bills which will start for most this month will eat that up.

If you buy oats in bulk and make your own oatmeal you can eat pretty cheap...but don't think about any milk or honey to give it a flavor boost.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Yep we get a 5.9 percent raise while between 2021 and 2022 inflation looks like it will be between 12 and 14 percent total

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
WTH Biden? Pretty typical.. Always forgetting what Trump did to set these wheels in motion....

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
1 member likes this: PortlandDawg
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by 40YEARSWAITING

I guarantee that, in your eyes, this administration will fail no matter what they do. Just as Trump did nothing wrong in your eyes. For many, it’s always about the “who” and not the “what.”

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
The only reason I want this administration to succeed no matter what is the fact that every poll indicates that if they don't, we will be back to having trump as president. He almost destroyed our democracy the first time, and states are passing laws that put the elections results in the hands of the elected politicians so it will make it easier for him to do the next time. I have attempted to bring up the what and have asked exactly what Biden has done to cause it. The only answer they have come up to at this point is, "Biden is printing money!" Which is exactly the same thing trump did and they never said a word about it. It's pointless to try and have an actual discussion about the why's because that is of no interest to them. They only care that it's happening and biden is president. Nothing else matters to them.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Well you guys made the trade, Biden for Trump. Enjoy.

Glad you don't scout for the Browns.

Legend
Legend
[Linked Image from cdn.creators.com]

P
Legend
Legend
P
We may not like it all that much but it's still better than watching our democracy being overthrown. Sadly we are at a point there is no good choice. Only the lesser of two evils. In this case one is bad and one is evil. I'll choose the bad over the evil every time.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Republicans see fear everywhere. Meanwhile, Biden has moved the country forward. And crying is all they have.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
We may not like it all that much but it's still better than watching our democracy being overthrown. Sadly we are at a point there is no good choice. Only the lesser of two evils. In this case one is bad and one is evil. I'll choose the bad over the evil every time.

You wouldn't recognize evil if it called you a domestic terrorist for standing up for your children,
abandoned your family in Afghanistan or ran the economy into the ground hurting the poor.

O
Legend
Legend
O
cry me a river... poor poor republicans... what a crock.

O
Legend
Legend
O

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 11/13/21 02:34 PM.

P
Legend
Legend
P
After over four years you still couldn't recognize one. Maybe if he could have convinced Georgia to find him over 11k thousand votes AFTER all the votes were counted you would get it. Hah, he actually tried that and you still can't see it.

#gmstrong
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted by DCDAWGFAN
[quote=OldColdDawg]

Well, here we are with really dangerous levels of inflation.... know what you can't do to fix inflation? Print and throw money at it, because that's like pouring fuel on a fire...

So the D's might have to get a little creative and break from the script if they want to have any chance of easing this problem.

They are already trying to build the argument that we need to spend more to fight this. From an article I linked in my post above:

As he moves to the next phase of his domestic agenda, higher inflation could complicate Biden's effort to pass a nearly $2 trillion climate and social spending bill -- even though he says that plan, too, would ease inflation in the long-run.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yet nobody said a word while Trump added trillions to the debt. Why do you think Trump added trillions to the debt and there was very little inflation yet the claim is that when Biden does it, it's the cause of inflation? You think maybe it's other factors instead? Surely you can't be saying it only depends on who it is that's printing money can you?

#gmstrong
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
I was replying to DC point that printing off more money to combat inflation would be pouring fuel on the fire. He's right. Yet, here we already have Biden making the case that we need to print more money to solve the problem.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Legend
Legend
Yet nobody said a word while Trump added trillions to the debt. Why do you think Trump added trillions to the debt and there was very little inflation yet the claim is that when Biden does it, it's the cause of inflation? You think maybe it's other factors instead? Surely you can't be saying it only depends on who it is that's printing money can you?

You talking about when Trump rebuilt the Military and such?

Money well spent because with such weak leadership currently, we are probably going to need that Military right soon.
Wonder if Afghan will loan us back our equipment if'n we get into it with China or Russia?

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 11/14/21 01:35 PM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, that over one trillion dollar tax cut for the wealthy was so needed. They thank you for all of their stock options.

#gmstrong
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
If anybody wants to see all of the problems with the supply chain right now, watch the 60 Minutes from tonight

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by northlima dawg
If anybody wants to see all of the problems with the supply chain right now, watch the 60 Minutes from tonight

Legend
Legend
yep.

Muast see TV.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
M
Legend
Legend
M
Not even a year in office and Biden has created hyper inflation AND screwed up the Ports and shipping.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I was in Florida last week. Miami and Tampa ports are open and moving goods smoothly. They are seeking more business. If California ports are incapable of moving the goods maybe shippers need to dump California and look for better service elsewhere. It's a longer shipping distance, but not as expensive as having container ships sitting idle for weeks waiting to be unloaded.

Working 24/7 isn't going to make much of a dent. Maybe send some loads to Miami, Tampa, Mobile, New Orleans, and Houston and fix the problem.

I thought most ports were more or less 24/7. I worked the ore boats on the Great Lakes for 2 summers while in school. We put in at 2am on many occasions and began unloading operations. Weekends as well. Maybe the local Longshoreman's unions decided their workers needed weekends off or something?

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
I was in Florida last week. Miami and Tampa ports are open and moving goods smoothly. They are seeking more business. If California ports are incapable of moving the goods maybe shippers need to dump California and look for better service elsewhere. It's a longer shipping distance, but not as expensive as having container ships sitting idle for weeks waiting to be unloaded.

Working 24/7 isn't going to make much of a dent. Maybe send some loads to Miami, Tampa, Mobile, New Orleans, and Houston and fix the problem.

I thought most ports were more or less 24/7. I worked the ore boats on the Great Lakes for 2 summers while in school. We put in at 2am on many occasions and began unloading operations. Weekends as well. Maybe the local Longshoreman's unions decided their workers needed weekends off or something?

These shipping companies need to hire you to fix their problems.

Florida Ports are looking for more business but the next state up in GA - Savannah - is seeing the same issues as the West Coast, although maybe not quite as severe. It seems so simple that someone would use a FL port instead of GA to avoid the issues. But clearly no-one else has your insight.

If you could also do some work on the side and help get manufacturing moved from China and the 'East' to Europe or more friendly 'East Coast Port' locations - that'd be great.

Thanks

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/11/business/supply-chain-crisis-savannah-port.html

B
Legend
Legend
B
LOL....I do get your point. It does take shippers to send the goods to the ports. Maybe offering a temporary incentive to do so would be advantageous?

I am shocked that major ports aren't already more or less on 24/7. That doesn't make sense to me. I don't simply blame the unions. The port authority itself has to have some culpability in this as well. No matter where it sits, that is a needless problem.

I can't read your link. Only supported by a subscription, but no worries, I know that Savannah is at a bottleneck.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: mgh888
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Maybe send some loads to Miami, Tampa, Mobile, New Orleans, and Houston and fix the problem.

Yep, smaller ports could/should take advantage of this situation. Cleveland is attempting to.

Legend
Legend
Here is an interesting site if you want to see global shipping traffic in real time, including the ships sitting off Socal. I use this site to monitor great lakes shipping. Right now, the Arthur M Anderson is sitting in Duluth harbor. That's the same ship that accompanied the Edmund Fitzgerald in that storm and then searched for it. Kind of eerie seeing it working the same route during November so many years later.

Marine Traffic Global Ship Tracking

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
Not only the traffic, but the cost of shipping that cargo has skyrocketed.

Shadow inflation: Shipping costs are up way more than you think

https://www.freightwaves.com/news/shadow-inflation-shipping-costs-are-up-way-more-than-you-think

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Pssst. Is this the secret bash Biden thread? That amazing title makes it feel so legit, I'm not sure and don't want to look like a fool (so much irony).

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Pssst. Is this the secret bash Biden thread? That amazing title makes it feel so legit, I'm not sure and don't want to look like a fool (so much irony).

he's the guy that said we are too stupid to understand how the supply chain works.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Since you only want to blame him and not look at all the contributing factors that are beyond his control, maybe he was right?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Since you only want to blame him and not look at all the contributing factors that are beyond his control, maybe he was right?

smh... he was saying that people are too dumb to understand it vs people saying it was his fault.

He has never worked a day in the private sector or has never had to oversee something like that. the guy is totally loony tunes.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden

Link Copied to Clipboard