Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
P
Legend
Legend
P
You mean like the guy who wanted to stop counting Americans votes? That kind of looney tunes?

Let me explain something to you. First, read this thread. If you can't see that people are looking to place blame rather than understand the actual factors that are currently causing inflation, you haven't been paying attention. So if they're not too dumb to understand it, many certainly pretend to be. You can choose. Secondly, say what you will but Biden was raised in a very middle class family. He understands what life is like struggling to make ends meet. In case you missed it, Biden isn't "overseeing it". That's what his cabinet and his advisors are for.

Now I didn't agree with some of W's policies. But overall I didn't think he was bad guy and I thought he had the best intentions as president. Can you explain anything in his background that made him capable of "overseeing" economic policy? Of course not. Trying to pretend that most any president we've had by themselves have ever "overseen" our economic policy is disingenuous at best. A president is only as good as the advisors he surrounds himself by. You either surround yourself with people that know what they're talking and are willing to listen to them or you surround yourself with yes men.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Too many Dollars chasing too few products, that's inflationary.

Biden's answer is to add even more Dollars to the economy.

Stupid is as Stupid does.

P
Legend
Legend
P
rofl

Thanks for proving my point.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Well if you don't understand that, you are looking pretty foolish because that is economics 101.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Elections have consequences. The inflation crisis just happens to be one of the consequences we now face. It started his first day in office when he shut down a major pipeline and put many high paid union workers out of a job. Gas prices then started to spike and have not turned back since. Soon, businesses had to start paying more money because transportation costs started to rise. There have been many other anti business policies this idiot rolled back simply because the former President implemented the policy. It was said during the late 1970's that Carter was not responsible for the inflation, he was not responsible for the gas crunch during those years. Although, 1980 came and the problems of the late 1970's went away quickly. A competent President was put into place and the Country flourished. Now we have someone far less competent than Carter.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
1 member likes this: 40YEARSWAITING
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by 40YEARSWAITING
Well if you don't understand that, you are looking pretty foolish because that is economics 101.

And if you don't understand that it's far more complicated than that you never got past economics 101.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Sadly I think you actually believe that BS. All of the oil the Keystone pipeline would produce was to be exported. The amount of fuel it would produce is a drop in the bucket compared to the global oil picture. And maybe you need to look at how many jobs have been created since Biden took office. But doing that would make your jobs comment look foolish. Even the company that owns the pipeline says only 1000 full time jobs were lost. But don't let that get in the way of your fantasy.

TC Energy Corp., the Canadian company that owns the Keystone XL pipeline with the Alberta government, has said more than 1,000 people are out of work because of Biden’s executive order. The 11,000 and $2 billion figures cited in the Facebook post are estimates published by the company, but most of the jobs would be temporary.

https://www.statesman.com/story/new...tive-order-cancel-fact-check/6673822002/

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by 40YEARSWAITING

And if you don't understand that it's far more complicated than that you never got past economics 101.

Ok, don't believe basic economics from me.

Perhaps you will listen to Obama's people...

Steven Rattner, (Remember him?) who served as counselor to the Treasury secretary in the Obama administration, issued a scathing op-ed Tuesday saying Biden’s $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan, passed in March, was the "original sin" that contributed materially to today’s inflation, which hit the highest annual rate since November 1990, according to the Labor Department.

"How could an administration loaded with savvy political and economic hands have gotten this critical issue so wrong?" Rattner wrote in The New York Times. "They can’t say they weren’t warned – notably by Larry Summers, a former Treasury secretary and my former boss in the Obama administration, and less notably by many others, including me. We worried that shoveling an unprecedented amount of spending into an economy already on the road to recovery would mean too much money chasing too few goods."

Taken from the article from https://www.foxnews.com/politics/obama-advisers-biden-warning-rising-inflation quoting the NYTimes.

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 11/17/21 03:58 PM.
1 member likes this: Day of the Dawg
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Sadly I think you actually believe that BS. All of the oil the Keystone pipeline would produce was to be exported. The amount of fuel it would produce is a drop in the bucket compared to the global oil picture. And maybe you need to look at how many jobs have been created since Biden took office. But doing that would make your jobs comment look foolish. Even the company that owns the pipeline says only 1000 full time jobs were lost. But don't let that get in the way of your fantasy.

TC Energy Corp., the Canadian company that owns the Keystone XL pipeline with the Alberta government, has said more than 1,000 people are out of work because of Biden’s executive order. The 11,000 and $2 billion figures cited in the Facebook post are estimates published by the company, but most of the jobs would be temporary.

https://www.statesman.com/story/new...tive-order-cancel-fact-check/6673822002/

1+1=2 every time. Keep saying Biden cannot control the inflation. He made the rain now we all are getting wet. At least until we find the next Ronald Reagan to bail us out again.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
1 member likes this: 40YEARSWAITING
P
Legend
Legend
P
As I said, it's not that I don't believe you. It's that the issue is far more complicated than just one thing. That's the part you keep ignoring and many of those very things have been posted throughout this thread. You want to focus on one thing and ignore everything else. The fact is inflation would be happening either way. You're just trying to argue the degrees of how much inflation.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Well, for the first time in history, Obama's people and I and the rest of the economic world agree on something but you say you know better.

Ok.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Once again you have proven yourself to lie any time you wish.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
And you have proven you are not a good source of facts or information.

Have a nice day.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I see all of the facts you've posted today. You post one of several factors causing inflation and pretend you know the solution to all of it. Lame and shallow.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I thought it was Carter (who I admittedly am not a fan of) who appointed Volcker, who then raised the interest rates, which brought down inflation as Reagan was coming into office?

Also, didn't Reagan basically stimulate the economy by taking us from the world's largest creditor to the world's largest debtor and spending a crapton of money, which is pretty much what most of his successors have done...also personally not a fan of this.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Side note - I know Reagan is regarded as a hero among most Republicans. I had a conversation with DC about this a few months back, because he and I basically started off as traditional conservatives and I think we align on most platforms. IIRC, the more I look back and explore what Reagan did and how it got the ball rolling to events we are witnessing today, the less highly I regard him.

Second side note - I really don't think Reagan would have much of a shot at all with modern day Republicans, as a party. That needle has moved big time.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
2 members like this: oobernoober, PitDAWG
Legend
Legend
I see all of the facts you've posted today. You post one of several factors causing inflation and pretend you know the solution to all of it. Lame and shallow.

Unlike you, I do not pretend knowing something.

I stated the facts, backed it up with the views of Obama's economic advisors and rested my case.

The problem as usual, is yours.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

P
Legend
Legend
P
You posted one of many facts while leaving many facts out because they do not support your bias.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Sorry I kept you up later than usual.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I usually have something better to do at this time of the day than to argue with a fool. But today I'm waiting for my daughter to go out to dinner. So you get rewarded today.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I usually have something better to do at this time of the day than to argue with a fool. But today I'm waiting for my daughter to go out to dinner. So you get rewarded today.

That is nice. So what you gonna do after she goes out to dinner?

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm beginning to wonder if English is your first language.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Well you did say you were waiting for her to go out to dinner.

I certainly didn't want to hear, "THAT'S NOT WHAT I SAID!" So I erred on the side of caution.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Since you only want to blame him and not look at all the contributing factors that are beyond his control, maybe he was right?

You guys wouldn't admit Biden is an idiot if you were waterboarded. Every stupid thing the left comes up with you guys stand behind and start bashing Trump.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Biden is an idiot. A doddering old man.

Which is still a massive upgrade from the human trash heap that was donny.

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Dawg Duty
Since you only want to blame him and not look at all the contributing factors that are beyond his control, maybe he was right?

You guys wouldn't admit Biden is an idiot if you were waterboarded. Every stupid thing the left comes up with you guys stand behind and start bashing Trump.

Comprehension seems to be a huge issue with some of you. I have not denied that printing more money only makes inflation worse. So the one line idiocy in your response is obviously unfounded. What I'm saying is there are also several other factors at play that are beyond anyone's control including Biden's. Try to do better next time. And can you show me where I bashed Trump on this topic? Of course you can't.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
And can you show me where I bashed Trump on this topic? Of course you can't.

You had no problem printing trillions of dollars from 2016 through 2020.

The only reason I want this administration to succeed no matter what is the fact that every poll indicates that if they don't, we will be back to having trump as president. He almost destroyed our democracy the first time, and states are passing laws that put the elections results in the hands of the elected politicians so it will make it easier for him to do the next time.

We may not like it all that much but it's still better than watching our democracy being overthrown.

After over four years you still couldn't recognize one. Maybe if he could have convinced Georgia to find him over 11k thousand votes AFTER all the votes were counted you would get it. Hah, he actually tried that and you still can't see it.

Yet nobody said a word while Trump added trillions to the debt.

Yeah, that over one trillion dollar tax cut for the wealthy was so needed. They thank you for all of their stock options.

You mean like the guy who wanted to stop counting Americans votes? That kind of looney tunes?

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P
Thank you for showing every factual statement made that can not be refuted.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FATE
And can you show me where I bashed Trump on this topic? Of course you can't.

You had no problem printing trillions of dollars from 2016 through 2020.

The only reason I want this administration to succeed no matter what is the fact that every poll indicates that if they don't, we will be back to having trump as president. He almost destroyed our democracy the first time, and states are passing laws that put the elections results in the hands of the elected politicians so it will make it easier for him to do the next time.

We may not like it all that much but it's still better than watching our democracy being overthrown.

After over four years you still couldn't recognize one. Maybe if he could have convinced Georgia to find him over 11k thousand votes AFTER all the votes were counted you would get it. Hah, he actually tried that and you still can't see it.

Yet nobody said a word while Trump added trillions to the debt.

Yeah, that over one trillion dollar tax cut for the wealthy was so needed. They thank you for all of their stock options.

Challenge accepted! Fate knocks one out of the park, lol.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
It was fun watching him actually spend his time looking up and quoting all the factual statements I made about Trump and posting it himself. All in a nice, neat package.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Thought you may want it for your scrapbook.

Wait... You're watching me?? That's gross.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by Dawg Duty

Biden is an idiot. No argument from me.

Now it would be nice to see symmetry on the matter from the other side, or will that not happen?

Last edited by dawglover05; 11/18/21 12:37 PM.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I do read through the threads. Sadly that requires me reading your posts too. Thanks for putting that all together. The time you invested in doing so is appreciated. Seeing you post facts about trump is a different look for you.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
If it happens it would be the first time it's happened.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Yet nobody said a word while Trump added trillions to the debt. Why do you think Trump added trillions to the debt and there was very little inflation yet the claim is that when Biden does it, it's the cause of inflation? You think maybe it's other factors instead? Surely you can't be saying it only depends on who it is that's printing money can you?
Wrong Pit, some of us said a word. Mostly those of us who don't have our wagon hitched to either horse. And when the left sprouts a pair and becomes willing to admit that the housing/banking collapse that Obama had to "save us" from was created far more by the policies of Bill Clinton than it was George Bush... then we can talk about people being willing to put things in proper context... some of us opposed the Bush tax cuts... and we had serious questions about the Bush and the Obama plans to bail out big corporations that were "too big to fail" after the collapse... and we questioned Obama's budget with all of its green initiatives and other ear marked money, a fair amount of which proved to be wasted... and we opposed the Trump tax cuts and the Trump tariffs.... and we opposed the disastrous way that Trump/congress ran their covid stimulus bailout, which is in no small part, the reason we are here.... and we are now questioning the Biden spending packages, which are insane.... but when you run on a platform of "we are going to help everybody" then the only way to fulfill your promise is to come up with a crap ton more money...

So is this Biden's fault? No, it goes back decades and covers probably 8 or 9 Presidents... Is Biden's plan going to make it better, shorter, or more bearable? Not likely. If Trump were still in office, would he have a plan to make it better, shorter, or more bearable? Also, not likely. Will both sides continue to blame the other side and claim that "their guy" would not have gotten us into this or is the only one who can get us out? 100%.

yebat' Putin
3 members like this: Squires, FATE, jfanent
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think there’s a combination of kick the can and hot potato going on right now, because neither wants to recover the right way because doing things the right way nowadays pretty much guarantees your political life and career will be upended pretty quickly.

#gmstrong
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted by dawglover05
I think there’s a combination of kick the can and hot potato going on right now, because neither wants to recover the right way because doing things the right way nowadays pretty much guarantees your political life and career will be upended pretty quickly.

Agreed. Doing things the right way will cause pain in the short term. Businesses shouldn't have been bailed out in 2008. It would have been painful, but better in the long run. Instead, everytime things go south, business are now going to expect the government to bail them out.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Legend
Legend
Businesses shouldn't have been bailed out in 2008.

That's when I officially quit the republican party. (It had been brewing, I didn't vote for Bush's second term...I voted for Troy Smith). When McCain left his campaign trail and rushed to the senate floor to assure that the bailout passed, I was through. My last hope for anything positive with the Republicans left with Ron Paul.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend
How does everybody else feel about our natural gas prices doubling?

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
1 member likes this: Dawg Duty
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden

Link Copied to Clipboard