Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
Legend
Legend
P
That's pretty good right there. I'll give you that. After the Rittenhouse verdict I can see a group pf them buying a bus and going riot hunting just like old women who go out hunting for garage sales. They can call it the Vigilante Vehicle. Maybe paint that on the side.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
white supremacists
celebrate their new hero
Rittenhouse is trash

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

No Craps Given
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
There’s one now.
Enjoy your party.

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
Libtards think anyone who disagrees with them is a white supremacist or a trump supporter.

This is why libtards are a national joke.

And why the Red Wave is coming.

No Craps Given
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Anyone that celebrates white supremacists are as equally trashy.

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Still too early...no doubt it is difficult for some

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
A
Legend
Legend
A
And had he been found not guilt in 1 day, the same people would be pissing and moaning that the jury didn't spend enough time. Let's face it, somehow this became a political trial in some minds. And a racist trial as well.

We already know he was guilty and written off as such way before the trial by some.

Legend
Legend
Question: Why is this a racist thread, when Kyle is white, and all of the person affected were white?

Because the protest (that turned into a riot after dark) was promoted by the death of Jacob Blake, yet another unarmed Black male slain by law enforcement officers.

It's why so many 'Stormfront types' are partying tonight... like it's 1899.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
O
Legend
Legend
O
Yep. Most forget he went there to 'protect' businesses from BLM 'rioters'...

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
A
Legend
Legend
A
I guess I'm not a stormfrom person. I'm not partying.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
I guess I'm not a stormfrom person. I'm not partying.

I know you aren't like that. My answer was TO you, not ABOUT you.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Pdawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by Clemdawg
Question: Why is this a racist thread, when Kyle is white, and all of the person affected were white?

Because the protest (that turned into a riot after dark) was promoted by the death of Jacob Blake, yet another unarmed Black male slain by law enforcement officers.

Actually he was armed with a knife. I don't know if he was a threat to anyone but the Justice Department declined to press charges against the officer. I do not know how high the standard is to charge a cop for violating civil rights, I assume it is high.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
What should it be?

You are probably in a better position to know the answer to this than most of us.

I'm surprised that the charges were so specific and rigid. Is it not true that juries can request permission to level guilty verdicts on lesser charges?
2nd-degree?
Manslaughter?
Criminally negligent homicide?

Here's why I ask: In a fluid situation such as the night this happened I could easily see a different set of charges for each shooting, depending upon circumstance.

Perhaps you could bang out a short tutorial for those of us who are less interested in fighting and more interested in discussing?
Only if you feel so inclined.

Lesser included offenses were presented as options if the jury were to go for a compromised verdict. The jury can't request them, but there is a process for that. The day before the the jury began to deliberate was spent entirely on 2 things: 1) hearing arguments for and against adding lesser included charges (the prosecution was successful on some, the defense on others and 2) the judge heard arguments on the instructions that were to be given to the jury in terms of how they were to make their verdict. If anyone was watching, the huge issue with the last minute video being allowed in as evidence (the one that allegedly showed him aiming his rifle at someone) was that it allowed the State to have added the Provocation consideration. This is important because in order to have a valid claim to self defense, the defendant can't have provoked the incident to begin with. If that video had not been allowed, then the State arguable had not provided any argument or evidence that Kyle provoked the incident. What that would have meant for the jury is that essentially the State stipulated in their case that he had not provoked anyone (i.e. he was being assaulted) and that they would then have had to consider the case in terms of whether or not the level of force he used was reasonable and necessary.

And there were separate charges for each person that for lack of a better term was on the receiving end of rounds fired by Kyle that night. It was strange because on one hand they were to decide each charge independent of the others, but at the same time they were all part of a cascading sequence of events.

The fact that Kyle shot and killed that night was never in dispute by the defense. The issue was whether he had a valid claim to self defense and THAT is always viewed from the perspective of the person making the claim. The cynics and here will try to act like its as easy as simply saying you were acting in self defense, but that's not true. Yes, the burden is on the State to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he did not act lawfully, but there are multiple standards that all have to be met for a successful claim. The State only has to disprove one facet for the claim to fall apart. Almost every witness the State put on ended up being a win for the defense:

-The detectives were caught (at best) cutting corners in collecting evidence
-The forensic examiner testimony actually favored the defense claim that Rosenbaum (the first guy shot)was grabbing the rifle from him
-Richie McGinnis, the reporter who was right there and the named victim for a careless and reckless charge a) provided testimony that Kyle was being assaulted and b) he had stepped out of harms way of the shots Kyle fired
-One witness who had provided video for the State flat out said in court the state attorney tried to pressure him in to changing his statement
-The family who ran the car lots and claimed they had given no one permission to be at their lot were caught lying about that very fact
-The State presented plenty of video of Kyle doing things like cleaning grafitti, asking people if they needed medical attention, walking away from people who were being hostile toward him instead of arguing, putting fires out
-Probably the biggest shocker came when one of the 'victims' admitted that Kyle had not shot him until he aimed his pistol at him (this after getting caught lying about whether or not he had a gun that night). This VERY same person said that he was concerned for Kyle's safety when he saw him getting kicked in the face and hit in the head with a skateboard

The defense was not perfect in this case but the State attorneys had several moments of misconduct and came very close to having the judge declare a mistrial with prejudice which means they would not have been able to try him again. Don't be surprised if you hear that they will be reported to the BAR Association and face sanctions.

Its obvious that most people didn't watch much of the trial. At best they caught a minute or two of edited or chosen clips, framed or biased by whatever headline was attached. For my part I watched almost ever minute to include several hours of pre-, during, and post analysis by a panel of lawyers who picked it all apart and were critical of both sides.

Some are going to try to argue that Kyle shouldn't have been there that night and because he shouldn't have been there he has no right to defend himself. Whether or not he should have been there is irrelevant. Being out past a curfew doesn't mean he now is obligated to become a victim when attacked. For anyone who thinks this should be the case, its the equivalent of saying a 17yr old girl who sneaks out to go to a college frat party has no right to defend herself from being sexually assaulted because "she shouldn't have been there in the first place wearing such a short skirt".

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by Pdawg

Actually he was armed with a knife. I don't know if he was a threat to anyone but the Justice Department declined to press charges against the officer. I do not know how high the standard is to charge a cop for violating civil rights, I assume it is high.

Let's not forget to add the other important facts that he had an active warrant for sexual battery and that he had not right to resist/escape.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

O
All Pro
All Pro
O

Jacob Blake was definitely not unarmed, and he was not killed.

This just proves my point about how irresponsible media coverage (along with the false statements by Jacob Blake's family) and a rush to judgement from the Left played a huge role in this whole situation that needs addressed.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush

Jacob Blake was definitely not unarmed, and he was not killed.

This just proves my point about how irresponsible media coverage (along with the false statements by Jacob Blake's family) and a rush to judgement from the Left played a huge role in this whole situation that needs addressed.

There are people who only found out last week that Kyle didn't shoot anyone who was black...

-Jack Burton

O
All Pro
All Pro
O
Originally Posted by DevilDawg2847
Originally Posted by Pdawg

Let's not forget to add the other important facts that he had an active warrant for sexual battery and that he had not right to resist/escape.

And that he was trying to take 3 kids that were not supposed to be in his custody at the time in a car that wasn't his while holding a knife.

O
Legend
Legend
O

I just hope the kid's relief reaction and crying at the verdict reading were sincere, because he just got away with killing two people and shooting a third... I hope he doesn't turn out to be a racist piece of crap and this 15 minutes of fame for infamous acts cures his desire to be famous. Hopefully he will be law abiding and scared straight, but somehow I doubt the alt-right will allow that even if he tries.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 11/19/21 09:33 PM.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Thank God I'm not a liberal/leftist.

Open & Shut. Justice was done!

2nd Amendment intact for now.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

-Jack Burton

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Yep. Most forget he went there to 'protect' businesses from BLM 'rioters'...

Until he changed his mind and decided he had to make up an excuse why he was not at the business he claimed he was there to protect. Then the story changed to claim he was there to give those who needed it medical attention. Although he had zero training in giving medical attention. And if someone is wondering why this had anything to do with race, maybe they should ask Rittenhouse....

Rittenhouse judge bars evidence connecting teen to Proud Boys during trial

KENOSHA — Kyle Rittenhouse’s jury will not hear about his alleged ties to a far-right group or be shown a photo of him flashing a hand sign appropriated by some white supremacist groups when his murder case goes to trial later this year, a Kenosha County judge ruled Friday.

Circuit Judge Bruce Schroeder also barred prosecutors from playing a video in which Rittenhouse punched a girl and another in which the Antioch teen said he wished he had his assault rifle with him so he could shoot at people he believed were shoplifting from a drugstore.

Both videos were taken in the weeks before Rittenhouse, then 17, killed two men and wounded a third with an AR-15-style rifle. Despite not being old enough to openly carry a gun, Rittenhouse took it upon himself to patrol the southeastern Wisconsin town amid the turmoil surrounding the shooting of Jacob Blake, a Black man, by a white police officer in August 2020.

The rulings dealt a setback to prosecutors’ efforts to portray Rittenhouse as a “chaos tourist” who came to Kenosha to impose his own sense of justice.

“This is not a political trial,” Schroeder said. “This is not going to be a political trial.”

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news...17-pu6l3fktbjb73monnpagczdesi-story.html

There's much more of the article at the link.

Somehow it appears the judge felt showing evidence that Rittenhouse is a racist is political. Yeah, it's sort of hard for a jury to understand who a person is and what motivates them when they aren't allowed to see it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
As of June 8th they had already arrested over 10k. Many were for non violent offenses. But they don't want to talk about any of that. They pretend that with all of the arrests and convictions it was somehow....
Why not? Looting, burning vehicles, destruction of property was evidently made legal...

That's just where we are now.

NO. We are now at killing people in the streets. Much, Much worse...

I guess I'm a bad person for not being upset a couple of scumbags got killed while beating an armed American.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I guess you may be a bad person because you believe one person deserves a trial before being judged but judging others without one seems perfectly fine.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
And had he been found not guilt in 1 day, the same people would be pissing and moaning that the jury didn't spend enough time. Let's face it, somehow this became a political trial in some minds. And a racist trial as well.

Let's break this down for a minute, shall we?

Can you explain to me which one of these is not a logical conclusion?

If a jury only takes a few hours to reach a verdict, would it not be logical to say they didn't take enough time to review all of the evidence?

Yet as a stark contrast, would it not be logical to conclude that if it took them over 25 hours of deliberation AND had to ask the judge to take home the jury instructions after the third day of deliberations, that it was far more complicated case in which to reach a verdict?

Can you explain to me what's political about that? Can you explain the fact that Rittenhouse was witnessed hanging out in a bar being serenaded by a group of people singing the Proud Boy anthem and him displaying white power signs isn't racial? I mean I understand how you seem eager to point the race card in one direction, but have you decided to ignore that it wasn't a one way street?

Kyle Rittenhouse, out on bail, flashed white power signs at a bar, prosecutors say

In his 90-minute visit to the bar, Kyle Rittenhouse, 18, was seen consuming alcohol while being serenaded by a group of adult men who sang the Proud Boys’ anthem, according to the motion.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ite-power-signs-bar-prosecutors-n1254250

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Is it true that Rittenhouse is Hispanic?

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Let's break this down for a minute, shall we?
yes, let's do that.
Can you explain to me which one of these is not a logical conclusion?

If a jury only takes a few hours to reach a verdict, would it not be logical to say they didn't take enough time to review all of the evidence?
No. It would be logical to say the case had no merit to begin with.
Yet as a stark contrast, would it not be logical to conclude that if it took them over 25 hours of deliberation AND had to ask the judge to take home the jury instructions after the third day of deliberations, that it was far more complicated case in which to reach a verdict?
Yes, I think that would be logical.
Can you explain to me what's political about that? Can you explain the fact that Rittenhouse was witnessed hanging out in a bar being serenaded by a group of people singing the Proud Boy anthem and him displaying white power signs isn't racial? I mean I understand how you seem eager to point the race card in one direction, but have you decided to ignore that it wasn't a one way street?
And, here you go, jumping to conclusions. He was not on trial for being racist, if he is. He was on trial for the charges he faced. he was found not guilty of those charges. By a jury. You know, like, that's how the law works. Now, if you want to try him for being racist, go ahead.
Kyle Rittenhouse, out on bail, flashed white power signs at a bar, prosecutors say
While I don't like that, and don't agree with it, he wasn't on trial for any race crime.
In his 90-minute visit to the bar, Kyle Rittenhouse, 18, was seen consuming alcohol while being serenaded by a group of adult men who sang the Proud Boys’ anthem, according to the motion.
He was seen consuming alcohol, at age 18, which is illegal in Illinois. he wasn't in Illinois though. he was in Wisconsin, at a bar, with his mom. In Wisconsin, apparently according to the reporter in the link you cited, that is legal. Nothing he did at that time was in violation of any court order, again, according the the link you provided.
Is he racist? I have no idea. I don't know him.

He was found not guilty. I know you wanted him found guilty. The problem is, the only way race comes into this is that the violent protestors were out due to a previous race related issue. Looting and vandalizing. The political side of it? You don't like him since he apparently isn't a liberal.

It's fairly simple. You, and others, had him convicted before the trial started. Without knowing the laws. And you now continue with 'he's a racist, and flashed white power signs, at a BAR, where he was DRINKING, so, he must be guilty. Right? C'mon man, I know you argue just for the sake of arguing, but even YOUR link said he broke no laws.

1 member likes this: Dawg Duty
A
Legend
Legend
A

A
Legend
Legend
A
That article, not written by me, pretty much debunks every argument you've made in this thread.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I still maintain you can't draw any conclusions drawn from how long it took for the jury to decided on a verdict.

Hey, how about this....maybe they felt he was innocent of all charges inside of 30 minutes, but to look good decided to take several days to make their announcement?

In all seriousness, none of us know why, so it is foolish to try to speculate. Maybe at some point some juror will come forward and explain.

I also see it is useless being a part of the conversation, so maybe it's best for me at least to take a break from the thread.

Carry on

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
A
Legend
Legend
A
Seems like there might need to be more charges filed in this case. Death threats against the attorney. https://www.yahoo.com/news/kyle-rittenhouses-lawyer-says-hes-150859128.html

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Well, okay then…

Here comes the crazy aftermath.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
No.

He defended himself. That is all.

Legend
Legend
No.

He defended himself. That is all.

Had he had an ounce of brains, he wouldn't have put himself in that position. I maintain he went there to kill someone.. It was his INTENT...That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. He's a foolish little man..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
2 members like this: PortlandDawg, Jester
A
Legend
Legend
A
You, and others, have proven you have no clue how the law works. https://www.yahoo.com/news/kyle-rittenhouse-defended-himself-using-185923036.html

he broke no laws, as a previous post of mine shows.

Had the others had an ounce of brains, they wouldn't have chased an armed person, and they wouldn't have kicked him in the head, and they would'nt have pointed a gun at him.And they wouldn't have tried to beat him with a skateboard.....He was retreating. They came after him. I'll ask you point blank: If I come after you, pointing a weapon, or kicking you in the head, or attempting to beat you with a skateboard, and you are armed, what could I expect?

Oh, by the way, the jury found him not guilty.

2 members like this: Dawg Duty, EveDawg
O
Legend
Legend
O

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 11/20/21 08:19 PM.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Libtards throwing a tanty because things dont go their way. Not surprising.

#GiantLibtardTears

No Craps Given
1 member likes this: Ballpeen
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by EveDawg
Libtards throwing a tanty because things dont go their way. Not surprising.

#GiantLibtardTears

Classic troll. If those are the only comments you have for my posts, keep it to yourself. When you find some intelligence, come back by and we'll talk. It's so sad seeing what 4 years of simpleton sauce has done to what was once a perfectly average southern brain.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Typical libtard post. Anyone who doesnt agree with you is automatically a troll, white supremacist, or trumpian.

No Craps Given
1 member likes this: FATE
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by EveDawg
Typical libtard post. Anyone who doesnt agree with you is automatically a troll, white supremacist, or trumpian.

Well Cindereally, when you lay with dogs you sometimes get fleas... Best way to stop being called those things is to stop being those things. I know, I know... BRILLIANT!

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Riittenhouse Found Not Guilty

Link Copied to Clipboard