Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
E
Legend
Legend
E
Looks like liberals are still delusional that you can control nature.

I would rather see the money benefit people in this country. You know, children going hungry, homeless people, schools, social security, etc

When will libtards ever learn that its not the usa's job to fund the rest of the world. They are perfectly capable of standing on their own two feet.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Tell the Republicans too, then. Such an isolationist.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Also, Bidens travel restrictions are for show only. The horse is already out of the barn. Shutting the door afterward doesnt really help.

So, he is Ok with hundreds of thousands of unvaccinated infected illegals streaming over the border and flying them to various cities in the US, but chooses to make life difficult for Amercians traveling internationally. Stupidity in action.

There isnt much that can be done other than policies encouraging vaccinations and mask wearing.

And supporting research/development into anti-viral meds that are OTC.

No Craps Given
2 members like this: 40YEARSWAITING, Ballpeen
E
Legend
Legend
E

No Craps Given
1 member likes this: Ballpeen
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Both sides have donated vaccines around the world. Compassion, urgency, and a world effort to get this thing under control… Those were their pitiful reasons for doing it, shameful! smh

EDIT: BTW, our tax dollars haven't paid for much of anything yet, that's why we have the huge debt and deficits.

It's in the best self-interest of all "rich" countries who can afford to donate- to do so.

As long as large populations worldwide remain unprotected, an endless march of new variants will continue to impact everything. Omicron is just the latest. I look at it like paying my insurance premium- I pay now into the community pot for a benefit down the road. In this particular case, the benefit is a normal life for me (and mine) in the near future. Let's face it- America's domestic economic health hinges upon getting this worldwide menace under control. At present, Americans are still only living about 75% of the daily lives we enjoyed pre-CoVid, and we we'll continue at ~75% until this worldwide health crisis is contained. US is still the biggest player on the world stage, and is best poised to set the standard for emergency response. Of all countries with influence, USA is still poised to make the biggest impact worldwide. It's what America has always stood for, ever since She bailed out the Western world in WW1 and WW2. She has the chance to do it globally this time... without firing a single shot of lethal ammunition.

In terms of international diplomacy, this is what's know as "exercising soft power." Superpowers should never underestimate the effectiveness of helping weaker countries when they are back on their heels ("Yo- it was my pleasure to help youse out in dis little matter. Someday, I might need a favor from youse... and we'll remember dis day, won't we? Of course, we will-"). Truth be told, our tax dollars have been at work overseas ever since WW1 anyway... in all manner of diplomatic/humanitarian/strategic efforts. It's kinda how this whole thing has always worked, you know?

_______

I've never really minded 'doing for others' in this fashion, when it came to my fellow Americans. Roads, bridges, schools, libraries, breakfasts for little kids... I'm down for all of it. Every time I see something like that, I say: "Yeah- I did this." I didn't set mortar on the bridge or place a newly-purchased book upon a shelf, but I helped to make those things happen. As such, it will never be a problem for me if someone in [insert 2nd/3rd world country here] gets a life-saving/CoVid-busting shot on my dime. I don't really feel it in my day-to-day, and in some small way, it makes s# better all around. I still have food, a paid-off house, comfy portfolio, and money still coming in from work I love doing. Being charitable doesn't hurt at all.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
E
Legend
Legend
E
Taxes arent charity. If you want to give to charity then pony up your checkbook.

I prefer my taxes to be spent on Americans. Thats what I will vote for next election.

If you want to spend some money on charity, how about the 17 million starving children in the USA.

link

But hey, you would rather pay for vaccines for people that kill Americans.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
j/c:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

2 members like this: 40YEARSWAITING, Ballpeen
Legend
Legend
Why didn't you point out that he had a 50/50 chance at survival BEFORE they gave him the Ivermectin? Your acting like the Ivermectin saved him, yet it's only 50/50 that it did.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
1 member likes this: jfanent
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by 3rd_and_20
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg
If you could see the article. An elderly man from Illinois was in the hospital on a vent. for 3 weeks. His Daughter went to court to have him treated with Ivermectin because the hospital refused to treat him with that drug. She won in court and her Father was given the Ivermectin treatment. After 4 days he was manually feeding himself and sent home from the hospital.

Here is another link:

Dying COVID-19 Patient Recovers After Court Orders Hospital to Administer Ivermectin

https://www.theepochtimes.com/dying...tm_source=partner&utm_campaign=ZeroHedge

Inside 'The Epoch Times,' a Mysterious Pro-Trump Newspaper
https://www.theatlantic.com › archive › 2021/01 › insid...
Jan 13, 2021 — The Epoch Times was founded in 2000 by John Tang, an Atlanta-based follower of the Chinese spiritual movement Falun Gong, whose members you ...

How The Epoch Times Created a Giant Influence Machine
https://www.nytimes.com › 2020/10/24 › technology › ep...
Oct 25, 2020 — Since 2016, the Falun Gong-backed newspaper has used aggressive Facebook tactics and right-wing misinformation to create an anti-China, ...

The Epoch Times - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › The_Epoch_Times
The Epoch Times is a far-right international multi-language newspaper and media company affiliated with the Falun Gong new religious movement.
‎History and relation to Falun... · ‎Finances · ‎Notable coverage · ‎Social media bans

Climate denial newspaper flourishes on Facebook - E&E News
https://www.eenews.net › Articles
Aug 27, 2021 — The Epoch Times, a far-right newspaper that echoes anti-vaccine messages and promoted former President Trump's false election claims, received ...

Wow that seams like a real reliable source rolleyes

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Clemdawg
It's in the best self-interest of all "rich" countries who can afford to donate- to do so.
It's simple and true and you have to be incredibly ignorant not to see this. That's the Beginning, Middle and End of story. Anyone with the light bulb not already switched on will never get it.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by GMdawg
Why didn't you point out that he had a 50/50 chance at survival BEFORE they gave him the Ivermectin? Your acting like the Ivermectin saved him, yet it's only 50/50 that it did.

You can keep your blinders on if you wish. The fact he not only got off a vent, was eating manually, and dismissed from hospital in 4 days after starting treatment. According to article, patient, and patients daughter who went to court he was showing no signs of improving until after the treatment.

I am not anti vax. I am anti mandates! But, there are other treatments available but are not getting used because this virus is now political. If your actually, for ending the virus you should be for all treatments. Yes, a person should get with their physician and make a practical decision to get vaxed if they need the vax. Now, this vax is not like the vax's you get as a child for other deadly diseases. It is not 100% effective. It causes complications to some who take it. But, the medical professionals should be using therapeutics as much as possible before their patients end of in the ICU.

I do not believe we are doing all we can as a society to end this virus. The vax is only a part of what can be done. It is not the end all be all.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yep, the entire medical community wants people to die of Covid. They are preventing people from getting medicines that will make them better. It's a damned conspiracy I tell ya! It's odd how people will so quickly buy into weak anecdotal evidence while ignoring actual evidence because of what they want to believe.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Yep, the entire medical community wants people to die of Covid. They are preventing people from getting medicines that will make them better. It's a damned conspiracy I tell ya! It's odd how people will so quickly buy into weak anecdotal evidence while ignoring actual evidence because of what they want to believe.

You mean data based off Billions of vaccines administered? And trials involving thousands?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, that's what I mean. I mean after billions of vaccines already have been given, surely you can see this is still an experiment. And God knows they want to keep the miracle drug ivermectin from saving American lives!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Yeah, that's what I mean. I mean after billions of vaccines already have been given, surely you can see this is still an experiment. And God knows they want to keep the miracle drug ivermectin from saving American lives!

BIG PHARMA !!!!!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by EveDawg
Looks like liberals are still delusional that you can control nature.

I would rather see the money benefit people in this country. You know, children going hungry, homeless people, schools, social security, etc

When will libtards ever learn that its not the usa's job to fund the rest of the world. They are perfectly capable of standing on their own two feet.

Good to hear that you support Biden's Build Back Better....

That's a liberal thing too....

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

P
Legend
Legend
P
She isn't capable of comprehending that Covid is global and once a variant emerges in another part of the world it will soon be killing Americans as well. She can't seem to wrap her mind around the fact that by helping them we are helping us. Some people see everything from an us verses them perspective.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Its not that, I just understand the fact that you cant control nature or people. Only idiots think they can control those things.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Libertarian flunky rejects know nothing useful. Libertarian goobers put others down because that's the only way for them to feel good about themselves. Libertarian women don't see much action, unless somebody is really in to dumb trogs.

I think I can write a nasty paragraph every time she writes libtards. It might even be my new purpose for posting in here. Time to take out the trash.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Awe you sound butthurt. Did my comment come too close to you.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Your butt never hurts because all the crap comes out of your mouth.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Im never butt hurt because that would require me to care.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
You seem to care.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by EveDawg
Its not that, I just understand the fact that you cant control nature or people. Only idiots think they can control those things.

That same thing could have been said for every vaccine that has stopped every major disease to date. Yet many have worked and many diseases have been wiped out. I'm certainly glad those who developed those vaccines didn't think the way you do.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
j/c:

Worldwide Surge of Sports People Suffering Sudden Health Issues and Death:

https://www.notonthebeeb.co.uk/post/surge-of-sports-people-worldwide-suffering-unexpected-ill-health

P
Legend
Legend
P
rofl

You have become so desperate in your anti vaxxer zeal.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
rofl

I'm not much anti-vax. I just feel it's important information that needs to be heard. Capishe? Personally, I'm not going to get vaccinated unless I have to. And I might one day.

So feel free to get vaccinated and also get all the boosters you wanna. It's your body. And you're gonna need them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

More than 100 Ontario youth sent to hospital for vaccine-related heart problems: Report

https://torontosun.com/news/provinc...pital-for-vaccine-related-heart-problems

1 member likes this: SuperBrown
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Seems like reliable news... rolleyes

Where do you guys even find some of these sites? I mean, this site despite the horrendous grammar, spelling, and random internet posters sending in news on their telegram channel, what's not to trust?

Watched about 30 seconds of the guy sniveling in the video and had to stop. I feel for him, but things happen and people often pay the price. Just show me the scientific proof, and you'll have my support. Until then, this just looks like more anti-vaxxer whining.

I've heard of adverse effects on some people, but not a whole group like “Athletes”…

P
Legend
Legend
P
So you're not anti vax but you won't get one.... That's pretty basic math right there.

The article you posted was pretty much, "We know a few guys, so let's try to make a big deal out of it". Trying to make the exception to the rule, the rule itself won't fool most people. But then again, it appears that there are some....

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by 3rd_and_20
rofl

I'm not much anti-vax. I just feel it's important information that needs to be heard. Capishe? Personally, I'm not going to get vaccinated unless I have to. And I might one day.

So feel free to get vaccinated and also get all the boosters you wanna. It's your body. And you're gonna need them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

More than 100 Ontario youth sent to hospital for vaccine-related heart problems: Report

https://torontosun.com/news/provinc...pital-for-vaccine-related-heart-problems

Well, it's still a free country, even for people like you… Personally, I think not getting vaccinated over fears and concerns at this point is silly. But nobody is going to hold you down and jab you. The risks simply don't outweigh the reward in this case as far as I'm concerned. I've seen too many unvaccinated people plead for others to get vaccinated just before they die. Can't really say I respect your decision, but can agree you have every right to make it.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You people actually believe what your mass media tells you. Sad. Very sad.

You have to do real research to find the real news these days. But no, you all just watch your ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, PMSNBC, CNN and believe whatever they tell you while you look into your I phones with a blank stare.

Soulless and empty.

P
Legend
Legend
P
What percentage of people have been harmed by the vaccine that offsets the fact that 90% of the people dying of Covid are unvaccinated? None of you or 3rds's BS can overcome that. Not even close.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
From your source.....

When broken down by the number of overall people who have received the vaccines, the reporting rate for this side effect is 7.4 per million for Pfizer and 20 per million for Moderna

Puts it a little more in context doesn't it?

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If around 80% of adults are vaccinated, how are hospitals across the country being overrun?

75% of kids 5 years or older have at least 1 shot

Around 90% of people who get first shot get the second one

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covi...-of-americans-vaccinated-get-second-dose

Waiting for the day my name will mean something
Legend
Legend
BAY AREA
Five omicron cases in East Bay tied to outbreak that began with Wisconsin wedding

Public health officials in Berkeley and Alameda County have detected at least five cases of the highly transmissible omicron coronavirus variant as part of an outbreak involving 12 total coronavirus cases linked to a wedding held in Wisconsin last weekend.

The five confirmed omicron cases were described as “mildly symptomatic,” officials said in a joint statement Friday.

Of the infected individuals — who ranged in age from 18 to 49 — one attended the wedding in Wisconsin on Nov. 27 “upon return from international travel.” One person is a Berkeley resident, and the 11 others are residents of Alameda County whose cities were not disclosed.

The genomic sequencing data is not yet available for all 12 cases. All the individuals were vaccinated, and most had received boosters.

Public health officials are in the process of contacting close contacts and providing them with isolation and quarantine guidance.

“It’s not surprising we’re turning up a lot of cases now because we’re aggressively looking for them,” said John Swartzberg, an infectious disease specialist with UC Berkeley. “It’s very likely cases have been circulating here for a while.”

The first case of the omicron coronavirus variant in the United States was identified Wednesday in a San Francisco resident who had recently returned from South Africa.

Since then, the variant has been detected in several other states.

While it appears the new variant is more transmissible than the dominant delta variant, it is not clear whether it causes more severe illness.

“We’ve got very preliminary evidence that people aren’t getting very sick,” Swartzberg said. “They’re getting cold-like symptoms. But the numbers are so small it’s too preliminary to make conclusions.”

Cases in South Africa have quadrupled this week. The country’s health agency reported 16,055 new cases on Friday, pushing total confirmed infections in the country over 3 million since the start of the pandemic. The country had reported 4,373 on Tuesday.

“This increase represents a 24.3% positivity rate,” the National Institute for Communicable Diseases said in its daily update.

The World Health Organization said on Friday that while the variant has now been detected in 38 countries, no deaths have been linked to it. But officials cautioned it could take weeks to know the full scope of omicron’s impact.

“We’re going to get the answers that everybody out there needs,” said Michael Ryan, the WHO’s emergencies director.

Even as concerns grow around the omicron variant, the highly contagious delta variant of the virus is continuing to drive up infections and hospitalizations across the United States. In November, the number of COVID-19 hospital admissions increased by 26%, with about 60,000 patients currently hospitalized.

Infections are also on the rise in the Bay Area, with the regional seven-day average of new cases rising to 10 per 100,000 residents on Friday, from less than six per 100,000 last week.

“The gorilla in the room right now is delta,” Swartzberg said. “We’re all focused on omicron, but delta’s not done with us yet.”

Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director of the CDC, said the same measures that are being used to slow the spread of the delta variant should work with omicron.

“We now have about 86,000 cases of COVID right now in the United States being diagnosed daily, and 99.9% of them, the vast majority of them, continue to be delta,” Walensky said in an interview with CNN chief medical correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta. “We know what we need to do against delta, and that is get vaccinated, get boosted if you’re eligible and continue all of those prevention measures including masking. And those are very likely to work against the omicron variant.”

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea...ron-COVID-cases-detected-in-16673754.php

Man, talk about running a narrative into the ground. 12 people get Omicron... all twelve are vaccinated, most had received boosters. What should we do to avoid getting omnicron? "Get vaccinated, get boosted". saywhat

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
The cases were also described as “mildly symptomatic.”

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I’m not sure what the hospital capacities are, but doesn’t that still leave 52 million unvaccinated adults? I’d still like to explore the percentages of the vaccination rates of those who are hospitalized with COVID. Perhaps we could get an update from those in here who work in the hospitals?

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Not sure about hospitalization status but here are the numbers through Oct. 2, 2021 re: vaccination status and positive Covid tests and deaths

Per 100,000 people:

Covid Cases
91 vaccinated
452 unvaccinated.

------------------------

Per 100,000 people
Death w/ having a positive Covid specimen:

.5 vaccinated
7 unvaccinated

When I post the link it includes a YouTube video....weird. Anyways is on the cdc.gov page in the covid data tracking portion.

Tackles are tackles.
2 members like this: dawglover05, mgh888
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
Not sure about hospitalization status but here are the numbers through Oct. 2, 2021 re: vaccination status and positive Covid tests and deaths

Per 100,000 people:

Covid Cases
91 vaccinated
452 unvaccinated.

------------------------

Per 100,000 people
Death w/ having a positive Covid specimen:

.5 vaccinated
7 unvaccinated

So by my rudimentary math:

5 times less likely to get infected when vaccinated.
14 times less likely to die from covid if vaccinated.

I mean people play the lottery and scratch offs with a 1 in 10,000,000 chance of winning the jackpot. Yet they don't want to take or like the 13/14 better odds of not dying from Covid if contracted? Yeah - I know that's not the correct math ... I am just trying to put it into an every day sort of perspective perspective.

Last edited by mgh888; 12/05/21 11:10 AM.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Covid... still... p7

Link Copied to Clipboard