Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
FATE #1921115 01/22/22 06:46 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by FATE
Ummm, so the report from the CDC from yesterday is FALSE?

I just reported the numbers...

Here, I'll do it again, just in case you actually want to respond to the facts:

OCT / NOV DEATHS:

Unvaccinated: 1,108,298
Vaccinated with or without booster: 670,774

DECEMBER DEATHS:

Unvaccinated: 1,061,684
Vaccinated with or without booster: 925,999

You're looking at the table in the CDC link incorrectly. Those are not the total number of deaths, they are the total number of Covid cases reported. Nearly 2 million deaths in 1 month would be insane!

Scroll down the Table and it states "Covid-19 Associated Deaths"

For Oct/Nov the death totals were:

Unvaccinated:16,527 (10,006 were over the age of 65)
Fully Vaccinated (no bootser): 5,493 (4,710 were over the age of 65)
Fully Vaccinated with booster: 285 (242 were over the age of 65)

Milk Man #1921123 01/22/22 07:03 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Originally Posted by FATE
Ummm, so the report from the CDC from yesterday is FALSE?

I just reported the numbers...

Here, I'll do it again, just in case you actually want to respond to the facts:

OCT / NOV DEATHS:

Unvaccinated: 1,108,298
Vaccinated with or without booster: 670,774

DECEMBER DEATHS:

Unvaccinated: 1,061,684
Vaccinated with or without booster: 925,999

You're looking at the table in the CDC link incorrectly. Those are not the total number of deaths, they are the total number of Covid cases reported. Nearly 2 million deaths in 1 month would be insane!

Scroll down the Table and it states "Covid-19 Associated Deaths"

For Oct/Nov the death totals were:

Unvaccinated:16,527 (10,006 were over the age of 65)
Fully Vaccinated (no bootser): 5,493 (4,710 were over the age of 65)
Fully Vaccinated with booster: 285 (242 were over the age of 65)

Wow. I'm an idiot.

I can't believe I just bypassed the enormity of those numbers without giving it a second thought. I guess I was just blown away by how close they were.

That said, A 3 to 1 difference is obviously no where near the "90%" we keep hearing, but definitely drastically different that what I was promoting. Now I also see they didn't publish December deaths, only hospitalizations. It will be interesting to see if the comparison gap closes in deaths the way it did in hospitalizations.

*Pit - my bad bro, I was feeding you info for hospitalizations and not deaths.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Squires #1921150 01/22/22 08:29 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Squires
We can't vaccinate our way out of this

Lockdowns only work until they end. Keeping society locked up forever is not feasible

Vaccine passports don't work.

Whats the solution?

In 2020, about 2.6 million Americans died from something other than covid. I never hear a peep from anyone about that. The world is filled with disease and other things that can kill us. Covid is another thing added to the list. If someone has a feasible solution to eradicate covid, I'm all ears. Given that's unlikely, reality is, covid is here to stay and we need to learn to live with it.

what the hell are you talking about?

the country is ALWAYS talking about other ways americans are dying.

gun violence
heart disease
drug addiction
suicides
cancer
DUI's
texting and driving.

like seriously what kind of nonsense is running through your brain right now?

americans are always talking about deaths that can be preventable and how to lower the risk. yes, there are certain acceptable risk we all take everyday, such as walking across the street, hitting a deer on the highway, slip and fall in the shower, etc

but "i never hear a peep" line gotta be the most brain dead sentence in this thread so far.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
i swear people's answers to everything is just "eh, whatever"

whatever moral code that belongs to, keep me far away from it.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
FATE #1921162 01/22/22 08:40 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
My wife works for UC Health, and their CEO presents the numbers weekly to their employees. Last time I heard it from her office (about a month ago) he said hospitalizations followed that same 90/10 or 80/20 split.

I don't have a link, that's just what I heard from the main hospital network here in Cinci (translation: fwiw).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted by oobernoober
My wife works for UC Health, and their CEO presents the numbers weekly to their employees. Last time I heard it from her office (about a month ago) he said hospitalizations followed that same 90/10 or 80/20 split.

I don't have a link, that's just what I heard from the main hospital network here in Cinci (translation: fwiw).

In Colorado it's down to 66/33 split (from 90/10 back in November).

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
1 member likes this: oobernoober
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Does anyone under the age of 40 even care about covid anymore? After omni ripped through cleveland... nearly everyone i know got it... it seems like everyone stopped caring because it was so mild. In Florida, or South Carolina no one wears masks either.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
E
Legend
Legend
E
People still wear masks in Georgia.

No Craps Given
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
Does anyone under the age of 40 even care about covid anymore? After omni ripped through cleveland... nearly everyone i know got it... it seems like everyone stopped caring because it was so mild. In Florida, or South Carolina no one wears masks either.

About 2000 people a day are dying. My guess is their families care deeply.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Does anyone under the age of 40 even care about covid anymore?

YES

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

John Stockton Loses Gonzaga Season Tickets Over Mask Mandate

John Stockton, the former Utah Jazz player and one of Gonzaga University’s basketball team’s most famous alumni, has lost his season tickets to home games after a disagreement with the university’s athletics department over its mask mandate. “Basically, it came down to, they were asking me to wear a mask to the games and being a public figure, someone a little bit more visible, I stuck out in the crowd a little bit,” Stockton said. “And therefore they received complaints and felt like from whatever the higher-ups—those weren’t discussed, but from whatever it was higher up – they were going to have to either ask me to wear a mask or they were going to suspend my tickets.” Stockton has taken a very public stance against pandemic safety measures and has spread extensive misinformation around the COVID-19 virus, including the bogus claims that possibly millions of people have died from vaccines, including more than 100 professional athletes. He is one of two players for whom Gonzaga has retired jersey numbers and he remains the NBA’s all-time leader in assists and steals.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/john-...HZgaUf1Zo3uyfGio0jtixXfmNbVV7bAD0Yj7slxo

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
You lack any empathy. It’s sad… and a little gross.

This is patently false. And I would appreciate you ask for clarification on my comments before going down this route.

But you're right. I couldn't be a hospice nurse. I do not think I could mentally handle the repetitive end of existence of those I would come across over and over again. It would be hard for me to not to develop some sort of relationship treating each person only to see them routinely extinguished due to their disease state. That would feel terrible and it would weigh greatly on me. I'm not sure I could handle that, admittedly.

But yeah, it's because of a lack of empathy. thumbsdown

Tackles are tackles.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Call it heartless, immune to feelings, whatever. I really don't give a [censored].

I called it what it is, lack of empathy.
Why are you even responding? I thought you really didn’t give a [censored].

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Yeah, you might want to re-read that portion and perhaps include more of the quote that is specifically referencing Covid vs any other disease that could take a person. Because so many people push Covid opposed to something else and that is the "story' these days, that's why I said I'm immune to the feelings of others--not the situation of the patient. But, again, you are right. I don't know what I am responding.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
How many of those "other diseases" can you simply take vaccines to greatly reduce your risk of death? That's the actual story here.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
https://news.yahoo.com/more-americans-died-covid-2021-190020185.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

More people have died from covid under Biden than Trump. Despite vaccines being available in 2021.

No Craps Given
T
Legend
Legend
T
As of the time of this post, I have not yet personally died of covid 19.
The point is, if everyone would ask themselves, are you better off today,
Are you better off Today than you were 23 days ago, at the start of 2022, at the end of 2021.
Are you better off Today, than you were 23 days ago, in regards to Covid 19?

Is the USA's strategy, is our Health systems strategy for 2022, in the last 23-24 days, the year 2022 is nearly 1/12th over, how has 2022 been for you personally?
Just, in general, just everybody.

What I Can say, is, as of the time of this post, I had not yet personally died of Covid 19, so there's that. Look on the bright side I guess.

Last edited by THROW LONG; 01/24/22 01:44 AM. Reason: spelling

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I’ll keep wearing KN95 or N95. Dr Prasad can catch my cases of COVID for me if he’s so eager to do so.
Enjoy.

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Not only are we "allowed" to wear N95's right now, but it's also possible to find them online for cheap (gotta watch out for fakes, though... yes, people suck).

I gotta say, though. I was on a flight and decided it would be a good idea to up my mask game for that... wearing a respirator on a plane SUCKED. And it's not like I'm in poor health or anything. Just wearing that thing in an environment like a plane made it really hard to breathe comfortably.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I wear N95 on planes. From my research the real ‘danger’ times on a plane are when your sitting on the tarmac. The hepa filters don’t recycle cabin air through them then. That’s why you can smell jet fuel. They pump in air from the outside but it goes unfiltered.
Once in the air the cabin air is exchanged very frequently. Sitting near the window is safer as the circulated air moves past you there. The isle seats are more ‘dangerous’ as you have people (Petri dishes) walking past you regularly.
The way I see it is any flight under 4 hours means no need to eat or drink. Just sit back and get through it. Flights over 4-5 hours, I’ll get a coke or whatever. Slide my mask down long enough to sip it, then mask up. Repeat until done. The bag of pretzels can wait. I mean if eating a bag of pretzels is more important than your health then you’ve got an eating disorder. Lol.

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
I was just surprised how hard it was to breathe comfortably with that thing on.

-PrplPplEater
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
They are tough. I can’t imagine having to wear one for entire shifts.

What pisses me off about Dr Prasad’s Twitter rant was his general dismissal of masks. He could have used his platform to encourage use of proper masks in certain settings. Knowing full well that wearing proper masks would lower the rate of community transmission. Instead he dismisses their use all together. Screw that guy.

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I haven't conducted any formal studies or anything, but I do know this. My kids' school experienced a growing outbreak a few months back after the mask mandate was removed. Following the outbreak, students were again required to wear masks, and the number of new cases dropped dramatically. Take it for what it's worth.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
EveDawg #1921565 01/24/22 12:33 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by EveDawg
https://news.yahoo.com/more-americans-died-covid-2021-190020185.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

More people have died from covid under Biden than Trump. Despite vaccines being available in 2021.

Most of them are anti vaxxers. Biden can't fix stupid.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
You found a fool to promote. Good for you. Sadly he goes against people far more experienced in the field than he is. Trying to kill more Americans seem to be popular among some these days.

#gmstrong
EveDawg #1921629 01/24/22 04:35 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

What is mind numbing is that the vaccine was developed by a Trump initiated program, only to be rejected by his followers...

At some point it may begin to effect the demographics, as the US average age decreased pretty significantly from those who have passed.

I don't have a lot of empathy for those who knowing decided to be an anti-vaccine.. My family included.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

PitDAWG #1921636 01/24/22 05:05 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

But we can fix the Biden problem and defeat the Mandate Nazis. VOTE REPUBLICAN! thumbsup

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted by 40YEARSWAITING

But we can fix the Biden problem and defeat the Mandate Nazis. VOTE REPUBLICAN! thumbsup

Living proof you can’t fix stupid.

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c:

NY State Supreme Court judge strikes down governor's mask mandate

A New York State Supreme Court judge has struck down Gov. Kathy Hochul's mask mandate for schools and public locations.

According to a court document, Judge Thomas Rademaker said that neither the governor nor the state health commissioner had the authority to enact the mandate without the state legislature, since the governor no longer has emergency powers.

The document says in part, "There can be no question that every person in this State wishes, wants and prays that this era of COVID ends soon and they will surely do their part to see that is accomplished. However, enacting any laws to this end is entrusted solely to the State Legislature. While the intentions of Commissioner Bassett and Governor Hochul appear to be well aimed squarely at doing what they believe is right to protect the citizens of New York State, they must take their case to the State Legislature."

Gov. Hochul issued a statement Monday evening:
"My responsibility as Governor is to protect New Yorkers throughout this public health crisis, and these measures help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and save lives. We strongly disagree with this ruling, and we are pursuing every option to reverse this immediately."

https://bronx.news12.com/ny-state-supreme-court-judge-strikes-down-governors-mask-mandate

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
So because they feel their thinking is superior to the trash humans they preside over, they ignore the Courts, they ignore the damage they do to children and they continue with the power grab agenda.

Just

Nazis.

Legend
Legend
they ignore the damage they do to children

LMAO What damage???

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
GMdawg #1921716 01/25/22 08:58 AM
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c:

UK lifts COVID restrictions, says omicron wave ‘has peaked'.
https://apnews.com/article/coronavi...-london-59417842d49e95ef556eb9b0352144dd

Tackles are tackles.
GMdawg #1921748 01/25/22 11:49 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by GMdawg
they ignore the damage they do to children

LMAO What damage???

Forcing growing and learning children to wear masks stunts their development when it comes to social interaction and learning of facial expressions.

Deaf children can not read lips.

A big part of our own self identity is facial recognition. Todays kids are growing up in a faceless society.

Forcing children to wear masks all day renders the mask useless because of moisture buildup and snot.

Forcing children to grow up in a mask and hand sanitizer world will leave them vulnerable to every cold, flu and other illnesses once those masks come off,
hitting their stunted immune systems.

Still laughing?
There's more.

1 member likes this: s003apr
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Do you have a link for that?

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
rofl

You and Memphis promoting higher death rates of Americans. Murica!

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1921761 01/25/22 01:08 PM
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
PitDAWG #1921762 01/25/22 01:10 PM
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
rofl

You and Memphis promoting higher death rates of Americans. Murica!

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: 40YEARSWAITING
P
Legend
Legend
P
That's all you can come up with when you're called out for promoting protocols that will lead to more Americans dying? That's some pretty weak sh!+ right there.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1921802 01/25/22 03:17 PM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
No. He was admitting his role as a troll by singing his song for us all.

[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Covid Part 9

Link Copied to Clipboard