Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
M
Legend
Legend
M
Strong words.

Also, I'd love to be quoted in the media saying that I 'dismissed' someone.

“I can’t think of any individual that I’ve worked with over the past 45 years that I spent as much time trying to help be successful as I did Hue Jackson,” Haslam said. “His third year, when our roster began to pretty dramatically improve, the eight games he coached we were 2-5-1. After Hue was dismissed, we went 5-3.”

T
Legend
Legend
T
GC. The Bills hired a new Quarterbacks coach.

Browns? Your move!

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
P
Legend
Legend
P
One thing I've looked at the senior bowl for is how well a player transitions. They're playing with players they've never played with before and coaches that have never coached them before. If they can fit in well, perform well and make a statement on the field under those conditions, I think it bodes well as it pertains to their transition into the NFL.

I wouldn't say it's some tried and true method of gauging that but it's certainly an indicator that they can move into a foreign environment, fit in well and take to coaching well. All things you would like to see in a rookie player.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: oobernoober
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

I don't even know where else to put this, but Ben Tate coming out of the woodwork. We're in the midst of a true Browns off-season!

Legend
Legend
He was here for 8 games in 2014 and ran for 300yds and his career was over. I'm sure he has all kinds of good insider info. rolleyes

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
I'm always up for some gossip!

Ben had his ear to the grindstone. tongue

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Lol... Ben Tate.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
I wanted Ben Tate bad. He played in the Kubiak offense with the Texans and was pretty good. We then got Kyle Shanahan and signing him made a ton of sense. We actually did it! And then he didn’t make it through one season.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by cfrs15
I wanted Ben Tate bad. He played in the Kubiak offense with the Texans and was pretty good. We then got Kyle Shanahan and signing him made a ton of sense. We actually did it! And then he didn’t make it through one season.

I remember Ben Tate arranging a fan meet and greet on Twitter on the spur of the moment when he first arrived in town. He gave a location that was pretty random and a bunch of fans showed up and he took pictures with all them and stayed and chatted. Next day I think he was at a Tribe game.

The random, obscure memories of this franchise are the best.

Legend
Legend
Ben- who?

Ben Watson?
Ben Franklin?
Ben Gay?
Ben Grimm?

why can't 'stupid' leave the Browns alone for more than a couple years?

"too many notes, not enough music-"
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Clemdawg
Ben Gay?

An absolute legend in Browns folklore.

4 members like this: Clemdawg, jfanent, oobernoober
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Ben Gay?

Best RB in history this side of the Mississippi

2 members like this: Clemdawg, Milk Man
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Interesting that Mayfield isn't the only AFC North QB dealing with contract issues. Maybe this will be the new normal when dealing with super high dollar QB contracts. I know, Josh Allen received a new deal but he's the only one from 2018 and 2019 has Murray where the Cardinals have until May too either give him a new deal or exercise the 5th year option.

Ravens GM Sends Clear Message About Lamar Jackson Contract Extension
Alek Arend - Yesterday 10:35 AM

The Baltimore Ravens are exploring all avenues to a Lamar Jackson contract extension.

On Friday morning, Ravens GM Eric DeCosta spoke at length about Jackson’s future with the organization.

It sounds like the Ravens are committed to keeping the former NFL MVP for the long haul, but the organization is going to do things at Jackson’ pace.

“Lamar and I have had probably five or six conversations at different points over the last year in regards to his contract… We’re working at Lamar’s pace. … Lamar and I have a great relationship. … The line of communication is great.”

Lamar Jackson will become a free agent in 2023. There’s a growing likelihood the Ravens work on an extension during the 2022 season. That would mean Jackson would be on the player option that would pay him $23.02 million.

Injuries this past season might be playing a role in the Ravens’ contract negotiations with the young star. It’s a much lesser risk if the organization waits to see how Jackson performs this upcoming season before offering him a massive extension.

The franchise tag could also be at Baltimore’s disposal. The Dallas Cowboys used it on Dak Prescott, but eventually came to a massive extension agreement.

Right now, Jackson’s last year with the Ravens will be 2022. But it sounds like both sides are working toward an extension.

The post Ravens GM Sends Clear Message About Lamar Jackson Contract Extension appeared first on The Spun.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Interesting that Mayfield isn't the only AFC North QB dealing with contract issues. Maybe this will be the new normal when dealing with super high dollar QB contracts. I know, Josh Allen received a new deal but he's the only one from 2018 and 2019 has Murray where the Cardinals have until May too either give him a new deal or exercise the 5th year option.

Ravens GM Sends Clear Message About Lamar Jackson Contract Extension
Alek Arend - Yesterday 10:35 AM

The Baltimore Ravens are exploring all avenues to a Lamar Jackson contract extension.

On Friday morning, Ravens GM Eric DeCosta spoke at length about Jackson’s future with the organization.

It sounds like the Ravens are committed to keeping the former NFL MVP for the long haul, but the organization is going to do things at Jackson’ pace.

“Lamar and I have had probably five or six conversations at different points over the last year in regards to his contract… We’re working at Lamar’s pace. … Lamar and I have a great relationship. … The line of communication is great.”

Lamar Jackson will become a free agent in 2023. There’s a growing likelihood the Ravens work on an extension during the 2022 season. That would mean Jackson would be on the player option that would pay him $23.02 million.

Injuries this past season might be playing a role in the Ravens’ contract negotiations with the young star. It’s a much lesser risk if the organization waits to see how Jackson performs this upcoming season before offering him a massive extension.

The franchise tag could also be at Baltimore’s disposal. The Dallas Cowboys used it on Dak Prescott, but eventually came to a massive extension agreement.

Right now, Jackson’s last year with the Ravens will be 2022. But it sounds like both sides are working toward an extension.

The post Ravens GM Sends Clear Message About Lamar Jackson Contract Extension appeared first on The Spun.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
M
Legend
Legend
M
Ben Gay. The Legend Lives!!!

The more things change the more they stay the same.
2 members like this: Clemdawg, AZBrown
T
Legend
Legend
T
He did help the Browns beat Baltimore once, I had a re viewing memory of his right side run, I think for a touchdown. A pretty good player in some under appreciated years.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Former Browns offensive lineman and future Hall of Famer Joe Thomas on Thursday expressed interest in replacing Doug Dieken on the Browns radio broadcasts.

Dieken, 72, announced his retirement from the booth after 35 years as a color analyst on radio broadcasts. Before that, Dieken spent 14 seasons on the Browns' offensive line and was named to the Pro Bowl in 1980.

Thomas now works for NFL Network and has a podcast with former Browns wide receiver Andrew Hawkins, The Thom and Hawk Football Show. But on Thursday, he outlined his potential interest in replacing Dieken and joining Jim Donovan while speaking on WKNR's The Really Big Show.

"I am interested. Who wouldn't be interested?" Thomas said. "I mean, if you're a fan of the Browns like I am, a former player, I mean, that's one of the most iconic and marquee positions within the NFL, and I feel the same way about it. You think about all the memories I had when I was a kid. It was, we would watch the game, we'd listen to the radio and all those big moments from when I was a kid and we were watching the Packers listening to Jim Irwin and Max McGee and the way that they called the game, those memories and those voices are ingrained in my brain forever.

"No matter how many times I get hit in the head during the NFL, I remember that. So to be potentially that person for Cleveland and the Browns fans would be amazingly special. Now, with that being said, I don't know if my schedule will allow it because I don't live in Cleveland and I obviously do those other jobs, but certainly it's something that would be incredibly flattering if I was able to be a part of it in any way."

Thomas said there have been some conversations about his involvement with the team's radio broadcasts, but that nothing has yet been worked out.

"It would be something that you'd have to make a decision about. There's no doubt," Thomas said. "In a vacuum, it's a no-brainer. That is such a, first of all, a fun opportunity to be able to do the radio, be part of those games. As a person that's not playing on the team anymore, that's about as close as you could feel like you could be to the team. So from that standpoint, the fun would be 10 out of 10. You'd be breaking the fun meter every single weekend. The question is then how does that fit in with the rest of your life?”

Thomas, during his playing days, became the only offensive lineman in NFL history to earn 10 consecutive Pro Bowl selections.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/joe-thomas-expresses-interest-replacing-174435226.html

Last edited by TrooperDawg; 02/05/22 08:47 PM.
1 member likes this: GratefulDawg
T
Legend
Legend
T
I don't think the Hall of fame matters, until they put Clay Matthews in. I don't think Joe Thomas deserves to go in before Clay Matthews.

1 member likes this: Southwestdawg
Legend
Legend
[/quote]
Ben Gay?

from Benjamin Gay's Wikipage:
He spent the 2001 NFL season as third-string RB behind James Jackson and Jamel White.

Man... I'll say one thing's for sure- that Nick Chubb guy sure is no Ben Gay.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
M
Legend
Legend
M
Ben Gay?

from Benjamin Gay's Wikipage:
[quote]He spent the 2001 NFL season as third-string RB behind James Jackson and Jamel White.

Man... I'll say one thing's for sure- that Nick Chubb guy sure is no Ben Gay.

Chubb is a JAG when compared to Mr. Bejamin Gay! <wink emoji>

1 member likes this: Clemdawg
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
I don't think the Hall of fame matters, until they put Clay Matthews in.

Huge injustice, I agree. But as Browns fans our opinions are very biased.

Originally Posted by THROW LONG
I don't think Joe Thomas deserves to go in before Clay Matthews.

Now you are just going to crazy town.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 02/06/22 10:08 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Nobody can accuse him of being a quitter.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
He's looking for a place under the jail.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
3 members like this: GratefulDawg, Ballpeen, GMdawg
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
j/c:

thumbsup

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
5 members like this: oobernoober, Milk Man, jfanent
Legend
Legend
That's just Pure Awesome.

Hard not to root for dudes like him.

Thanks for posting.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
2 members like this: jfanent, GratefulDawg
Legend
Legend
He's gonna get paid well this offseason.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
He's gonna get paid well this offseason.

Not if the Browns put a 2nd round tender on him like they should. But a few million will be a nice shot to the bank account.

1 member likes this: FATE
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

3 members like this: oobernoober, mgh888, jfanent
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c...

Chubb is truly a beast ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Browns Meet With Reps of D'Ernest Johnson at NFL Combine
ByBRAD STAINBROOK

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland...rowns-dernest-johnson-combine-183975493/

INDIANAPOLIS, Indiana -- Andrew Berry and the Browns had a busy week at the NFL Combine.

The Browns and the rep of running back D'Ernest Johnson met at the NFL Combine and will remain in contact as the March 16th deadline approaches, sources tell TheOBR.

March 16th is the deadline for the Browns to place a tender on Johnson, who is a restricted free agent.

The Browns arguably have the best running back room in the league in Nick Chubb, Kareem Hunt, and rookie Demetric Felton, which will factor into the decision.

Johnson stepped up when the team was hit with COVID-related roster changes and injuries and said last season he never lost trust in the grind.

"No, I never lost trust in the process. Coming from a fishing boat, I always dreamed of playing in the NFL. Even when playing in the AAF, I always dreamed of playing here in the league. Being able to be on this team is a blessing. It is always a dream come true to be able to be here. To be able to start and come out here and help the team win; that is the best feeling," Johnson said.

After rushing for his first touchdown and 100 yards in a game last season, Johnson described the moment as unexplainable.

"It is unexplainable, I cannot even lie to you. I wanted to celebrate, but I did not know what to do. I just yelled because it has been a long journey, man. To get your first start and get 100 yards and your first touchdown, that ain’t nothing but God," Johnson told reporters.

Johnson worked in a fishing boat after going undrafted in 2018. Johnson also worked as a personal trainer before joining the AAF in 2019 before sneaking into a workout that led him to Cleveland.

Johnson rushed for 534 yards and three touchdowns in his 2021 campaign.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
B
Legend
Legend
B
Felton?

If I had a choice, I'd take DJ over Felton any day. That isn't even a choice IMO.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
3 members like this: CapCity Dawg, jfanent, Dave
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by GratefulDawg
before sneaking into a workout that led him to Cleveland.

Man, I completely forgot about that aspect.
I'd love for him to stay, but I wish him nothing but the best and hope he gets to really cash in this month!

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

1 member likes this: GratefulDawg
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Felton?

If I had a choice, I'd take DJ over Felton any day. That isn't even a choice IMO.
D.J could start for a handful of teams. Falcons, Cards, Texans.
He really hits the hole fast and has a knack of dragging tacklers for extra yards.
He might make Hunt expendable one day

Legend
Legend
Source: Cleveland Browns set to add Catherine Raiche, Philadelphia Eagles' VP of football operations, to front office

9:24 PM ET
Jake Trotter
ESPN Staff Writer

BEREA, Ohio -- The Cleveland Browns are expected to hire Catherine Raiche, currently an executive with the Philadelphia Eagles, to their front office, a league source told ESPN, confirming multiple reports.

As the Eagles' vice president of football operations, Raiche was already the NFL's highest-ranking woman football executive.

Raiche, 33, previously worked alongside Browns general manager Andrew Berry in Philadelphia.

ESPN Cleveland was first to report the Browns' interest in Raiche, who could take over the assistant general manager role in Cleveland's front office vacated by Kwesi Adofo-Mensah. The Minnesota Vikings hired Adofo-Mensah to be their general manager in January.

A Montreal native, Raiche spent five years in the Canadian Football League, including directing football operations for the Toronto Argonauts, before joining the Eagles in 2019 as their football operations/player personnel coordinator. That was the same year Berry joined the Eagles as vice president of football operations.

Not long after Berry left to become GM of the Browns in 2020, Raiche was promoted to Berry's old position in 2021, becoming involved in pro and college scouting, contract management, player/staff development and football research.

The Browns have hired women for key positions in the past, most notably Callie Brownson, who is now the team's chief of staff and assistant receivers coach.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...gles-vp-football-operations-front-office

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
T
Legend
Legend
T
If they are hiring her on Resume alone that is fine. If they are hiring her because she is a woman, that would be discrimination in the hire to non women, and discrimination on the basis of sex in the hiring for a job is against the law in the United States.

Last edited by THROW LONG; 05/04/22 09:11 PM. Reason: for not of

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Great opportunity for her ! Wish her the best !

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns News & Notes

Link Copied to Clipboard