Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
So, if I have this right, he makes statements. Has proof. Then walks it back and...........

Replace 'statements' with 'unfounded accusations' and you have Hue pegged.

Hue refuses accountability and has a severe lack of humility.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
So, if I have this right, he makes statements. Has proof. Then walks it back and...........

If the NFL wanted to keep something quiet, how would they do that?

If a NFL franchise wanted to keep a story that 'named' 3 of their executives as being involved in an unflattering article, how would they make a story go away?

link

Sometimes people can have trouble recalling..while someone else might remember every detail...

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
bonefish #1923916 02/06/22 10:39 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
They should do a "Hard Knocks" style show on HC hiring interviews. It'd be interesting to see how good (or otherwise) the candidates actually are in that setting. It could also be seen how the teams conducted themselves.

Were they done wrong? Or did they just not have the best interviews?

Even if not produced for external review, would be a good idea for the league to be able to review and possibly improve the process. It might also inspire some accountability.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
O
Legend
Legend
O

I think "walking it back" is being really generous. He did a 180.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
mac #1923945 02/06/22 02:54 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
The Browns and the NFL have been trying get His to shut up since he got canned.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
bonefish #1923949 02/06/22 02:59 PM
Legend
Legend
Think about it for a sec.. if Jackson was paid to lose,, he did what he was paid to do,, So why did they fire him mid season? I ain't buying into it. I think Jackson is full of it.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Damanshot #1923951 02/06/22 03:07 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think it was pretty obvious. During the tear down when they all first got here they knew he didn't have much talent to work with. So they infused talent to see if that was the problem. It obviously wasn't so it was time for him to go. I agreed with that approach the entire time.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
bonefish #1923954 02/06/22 03:51 PM
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
The Rooney rule has been a farce since its inception. Many black coaches are routinely interviewed every cycle. It's like there is a list of guys who will take the interview, knowing they don't have a chance. Many probably are turned down for legitimate reasons, while many are probably not really being considered, but are used to meet quotas. It should be removed. While I do believe many think that there are intentionally few black head coaches, I find it hard to believe this is by design. There are many coaches of every race at every level in the NFL. There also has been an increase in FO positions filled by minorities. There are only 32 head coaching jobs, and if you look, many of these guys are just moved from team to team. I tend to believe that not only black coaches, but coaches from all races have been shut out of this "club". I think it has more to do with the corporate structure of the league. The same things happen in the business world. If you are not part of the "club", you are overlooked.

All this being said, teams are businesses owned by private entities. I, while not liking the way it works at times, I still feel they have the right to hire whoever they want, and should not be forced to hire anyone for any reason besides ability to perform the job at a level that they want, and in the manner they want.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
O
Legend
Legend
O
It's been said on here several times (once by me), but the issue is not that minority coaches aren't getting interviewed (that's a symptom). It's that minorities aren't in the pipeline getting the experience/spotlight propelling them into the convo for HC positions. If anything needs to be juiced, it's the lower level positions where potential HCs are groomed.

-PrplPplEater
jfanent #1923991 02/06/22 11:00 PM
Legend
Legend
Yeah, I remember that. It was a great line.

rofl

"too many notes, not enough music-"
mac #1924007 02/07/22 10:01 AM
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Hue might not have been paid...but 2 days after the story below, that names the Browns executives involved...Hue's memory became a bit fuzzy. The Hue Jackson Foundation might benefit the most as this story begins to fade.

Hue Jackson Foundation executive stands by pay for tanking claims, which Browns call 'categorically false'

link

Kimberly Diemert, the executive director of the Hue Jackson Foundation, confirmed late Wednesday morning she has indeed posted a series of tweets alleging the Browns paid former coach Hue Jackson and three team executives bonus money to tank during the 2016 and 2017 NFL seasons.

The franchise went 1-31 over the course of those two seasons.

Diemert alleged former head of football operations Sashi Brown, Chief Strategy Officer Paul DePodesta and General Manager Andrew Berry received the financial bonuses in addition to Jackson. Diemert also accused the league and NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Twitter of knowing about the alleged payments and covering them up. She tweeted she has proof.

“If anybody wants to verify whether or not those are my statements, they are absolutely my statements,” Diemert told the Beacon Journal by phone. “I stand behind them. They are verifiable. They are indisputable. If the Cleveland Browns organization or the NFL want to dispute them, tell them bring it on. It's there.”

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
bonefish #1924019 02/07/22 12:41 PM
E
Legend
Legend
E
Sorry too many involved in that supposed dastardly deed. Commissioner of the NFL? are you kidding me? Then Berry among others - something like that has to be held to the minimum possibilities and no players involved ??? sorry doesn't sound right - Depo, Berry, Sashi and the big joke is paying Hue to lose as if he needed to be paid extra to lose. sorry ain't buying it.smh

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
T
Legend
Legend
T
How about, Network news anchors, I don't think Nora Odonell or whomever is on CBS and ABC are representative of the population. I mean there are only 6 jobs, shouldn't 4 of them be forced to be divvyed up by, well that's stupid, but it's to show the propostersousness of deciding numbers equal opportunities.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by oobernoober
The Browns and the NFL have been trying get His to shut up since he got canned.
Nobody could hear him, until he pulled his head out of his (lake Erie dunk).

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
mac #1924105 02/07/22 05:48 PM
Legend
Legend
If the Cleveland Browns organization or the NFL want to dispute them, tell them bring it on. It's there.”

They did dispute them. They pretty much said you were full of crap, young lady.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
jfanent #1924108 02/07/22 05:56 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Don't let that distract you from what she's saying. She's tweeting about what she tweeted.

-PrplPplEater
D
Legend
Legend
D
She's doubling down on something Hue Jackson already admitted didn't happen (on CNN). Try to keep up, Kimberly.

However, in a recent interview with CNN's Anderson Cooper, Jackson noted that he was not paid to lose games when he was head coach of the Browns.

"No, I was never offered money like Brian (Flores) had mentioned," Jackson said. "I think this is a totally different situation but has some similarities."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...HhBQYkqAioIPvk28bVDk77u-GY-QTVLUJEmU_lHU

Last edited by Dave; 02/07/22 06:19 PM.
bonefish #1924134 02/07/22 07:55 PM
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Is there any proof that the team didn't just like the other coach better? Better communication, resume, skills, something? If so that's not mine or anybody else's place to tell an owner what to do with their money. Maybe the owner just hated him? That is enough to warrant a firing.

As an aside I'm strongly against the Rooney rule since I think a persons work should speak for itself and not their skin color. No team should be forced by any entity to even interview someone that won't possibly get a job. I think it's patronizing, condescending, and downright disrespectful. It also reaks of some half ass affirmative action.

Hire the best man for the job regardless of skin color. Also, Hue Jackson is a clown, lol!

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by tastybrownies
Is there any proof that the team didn't just like the other coach better? Better communication, resume, skills, something? If so that's not mine or anybody else's place to tell an owner what to do with their money. Maybe the owner just hated him? That is enough to warrant a firing.

As an aside I'm strongly against the Rooney rule since I think a persons work should speak for itself and not their skin color. No team should be forced by any entity to even interview someone that won't possibly get a job. I think it's patronizing, condescending, and downright disrespectful. It also reaks of some half ass affirmative action.

Hire the best man for the job regardless of skin color. Also, Hue Jackson is a clown, lol!

In the end I think that is the main factor. I don't think it is as complex as a owner not liking people of color.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
bonefish #1924163 02/08/22 10:06 AM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Flores issued a statement regarding Houston hiring Lovie Smith and it couldn't sound any more like sour grapes.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
Flores issued a statement regarding Houston hiring Lovie Smith and it couldn't sound any more like sour grapes.

There is something fishy going on with this Flores situation, IMO.

Tackles are tackles.
bonefish #1924166 02/08/22 10:28 AM
Legend
Legend
jc

flores was the hottest coach this offseason. all he had to do was be patient and he was gonna get a job from one of these teams, and there were plenty. i decided to take my right leaning people's advice and wait til most facts come out.

and my conclusion is dude played himself. he bought into the hype of him being a very hot candidate - which he was - to the point where he OVERHYPED his own status. basically drank his own koolaid. seems like he was offended that he didnt get the first job available. there were so many positions open that he actually had the ability to be choosey, and yet decided to do this only after 2 jobs were filled.

the giants, specifically, would've been a HORRIBLE choice for him. 2 busted 1st round players in Jones and Barkley, underachieving WR's and an ok defense. i get the overall feeling that it seems like black coaches get the short end of the stick more often than not, but still a case by case basis that WASNT going to apply to him. dude was literally a unicorn, and then decided to turn himself into a troll.

i cant feel bad for flores. everybody had his back when he got fired from the dolphins. i cant have his back on this situation though. and then you got clowns like hue jackson trying to hop on the bandwagon making everything worse. dude went 1-15, 0-16, and STILL kept his job after that. hue jackson has no business discussing race and opportunity when it comes to HC jobs. dude was the Josh Gordon of HC's.

it think we all agree that there IS something going on when it comes to not hiring/retaining minority coaches, but there's still a professional way to go about that. i can make the argument that black coaches as a whole dont get the long leash other HC do. look at the former arizona and houston coaches who got 1 year and fired. joseph from the broncos. Jim caldwell the biggest example of 'what the hell'? dude went to the SB with manning, manning had a season ending/career ending injury, goes 2-14 and immediately fired. goes to the lions, has 2 playoff appearances in 4 years, gets fired for matt patricia who didn't come close to anything caldwell did.

mike tomlin really is an anomaly. he had a QB and an ownership/FO with extreme patience.

none of that applies to Flores. he was universally respected and was guaranteed to get one of these HC jobs. he played himself, and i don't feel bad for him.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1924167 02/08/22 10:41 AM
O
Legend
Legend
O
I think I'm still buying what he's selling, I just thought his little 'woah is me' bit about the Houston job was a really bad decision.

At the end of the day, what he's saying is that teams are making a mockery of the Rooney rule (which I 100% agree with), and that the Dolphins owner is a giant turd (which remains to be seen). Plus, Bienemy still not having a HC job when a team tried to hire McCown is not the greatest look.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
Plus, Bienemy still not having a HC job when a team tried to hire McCown is not the greatest look.
Here is one person's opinion on that front.....

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: oobernoober
M
Legend
Legend
M
At the end of the day, what he's saying is that teams are making a mockery of the Rooney rule (which I 100% agree with), and that the Dolphins owner is a giant turd (which remains to be seen). .

This. 100%. No idea legally what Flores claims will hold up to - but these two points are unequivocal.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
I think I'm still buying what he's selling, I just thought his little 'woah is me' bit about the Houston job was a really bad decision.

At the end of the day, what he's saying is that teams are making a mockery of the Rooney rule (which I 100% agree with), and that the Dolphins owner is a giant turd (which remains to be seen). Plus, Bienemy still not having a HC job when a team tried to hire McCown is not the greatest look.

i agree with your stance on the rooney rule, but to a point. at the end of the day, while the NFL can incentivize teams to hire minority HC's, they can't force the owners to hire somebody they don't want to.

i get Flores being ticked off with miami. the FO is trash and they want to keep it going with Tua. flores wanted Watson. all that is normal nfl drama that has nothing to do with race. if Flores bought into Tua, he'd still be coaching the dolphins. so you have a white owner/FO who fired a black HC because he didn't want to buy into a Samoan QB. gonna be tough to pull the race card there, especially since that same FO hired the black HC to begin with.

i really like the Rooney rule, but we have to also realize that its just a mechanism to get minority coaches interviews. if im an owner looking to hire an offensive minded HC because the league has trended toward explosive offenses, than that already narrows down the list of qualified candidates regardless of race. Flores is already out of the running for a lot of openings because he's a defensive minded HC. i dont care how much incentives you're gonna offer me, if i want my team to be explosive on offense, im not interested in a defensive minded candidate no matter how qualified he is for the HC position overall. but the thing is that Flores was gonna get another job with another team looking for somebody like him.

its just my opinion, but based on the league trends, there is one black OC right now that would have a legitimate gripe with a lawsuit: Byron Leftwich. he's far more qualified than the ones who just got hired in chicago and denver. but thats only if he was looking for a job.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: Ballpeen
O
Legend
Legend
O
Did not know that. Thanks

-PrplPplEater
Swish #1924276 02/09/22 10:39 AM
S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted by Swish
its just my opinion, but based on the league trends, there is one black OC right now that would have a legitimate gripe with a lawsuit: Byron Leftwich. he's far more qualified than the ones who just got hired in chicago and denver. but thats only if he was looking for a job.

I really wanted to see Leftwich go back to the Jags and turn that thing around, woulda been a cool story. I agree though, that he is deserving of a HC gig, especially with how the game is played right now. I don't think it'll be long.

bonefish #1924285 02/09/22 10:56 AM
F
Legend
Legend
F
Leftwich pulled himself from the Jags job didn't he?

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Yes.

Tackles are tackles.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Who knew that Byron Leftwich was black? ( I was going to say, How do we know that Byron Leftwich is black, .. but that sounds freakin idiotic after the context of the previous 2 posts.) Still, How do we know! Nobody has a rolodex of the flippin race of every person in league circles, that's insane!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FloridaFan
Leftwich pulled himself from the Jags job didn't he?

Yes - was really hoping he'd get the job.... oh well...

<><

#gmstrong
bonefish #1925374 02/16/22 10:37 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O

Well that's interesting.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Is that bad for Brian Flores? That seems bad.

bonefish #1925664 02/19/22 04:37 PM
Legend
Legend

Last edited by GratefulDawg; 02/19/22 04:38 PM.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
1 member likes this: jfanent
M
Legend
Legend
M
Also, Hue Jackson is a clown, lol!

Indeed!

Milk Man #1927024 02/28/22 12:34 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
That's not clownish - that corrupt and exploitative.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
2 members like this: FrankZ, oobernoober
Milk Man #1927025 02/28/22 12:36 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Also, Hue Jackson is a clown, lol!

Indeed!

I'm no Hue defender, but that can't be right.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
It doesn't look right either but its just a Form 990 lookup away. I wouldn't be surprised, however.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
It looks accurate from what I saw....$4,038 in grant support. 2018 Form 990 shows over $32,475.

Tackles are tackles.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Brian Flores

Link Copied to Clipboard